PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help With Elemental Evil Tweaks!

JonasBell
2015-10-03, 09:23 AM
I'm planning to run a Princes of the Apocalypse campaign but I could use some help with a few flavor-based adjustments. I'm trying to shift things away from "Elemental Evil" and more towards "Primal Evil" with a focus on lycanthropy, demons, and dark fey. The problem is I'm kinda low on ideas as to how to adapt the elemental cults. Best I've got is the fire cultists becoming the Burning Blood with a lycanthrope focus, but otherwise I'm dry. Anyone have some suggestions?

Mrglee
2015-10-03, 02:57 PM
Well, you could have the water cult be worshiping Dagon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demon_lords#Dagon), while the wind cult worships the fey(don't know any by name). Then things get more difficult. An option would be to make the Earth Cult lycanthropy based, then make the fire cult about devils, but that is all I have on that front.

JackPhoenix
2015-10-04, 11:54 AM
Fey make sense for air, the ruler of Unseelie Court is The Queen of Air and Darkness. Demons with Pazuzu may work too. Fire would be easier with devils then demons or lycantropes, especially with Mephistopheles, or you can keep fire elementals or a red dragon and kobold minions. Water works both for Dagon and Demogorgon (with the latter being statted in Out of the Abyss), I'm not sure who else is there. Earth would work just as well with lycantrophes or evil fey, IMO (and evil druids may work with either). But I think elementals are as "primal" as it gets.

L Space
2015-10-04, 01:17 PM
When I first read the title I thought it said "Help With Elemental Evil Twerks!" and the mental image that came with it was...horrifying.

JonasBell
2015-10-04, 02:54 PM
Fey make sense for air, the ruler of Unseelie Court is The Queen of Air and Darkness. Demons with Pazuzu may work too. Fire would be easier with devils then demons or lycantropes, especially with Mephistopheles, or you can keep fire elementals or a red dragon and kobold minions. Water works both for Dagon and Demogorgon (with the latter being statted in Out of the Abyss), I'm not sure who else is there. Earth would work just as well with lycantrophes or evil fey, IMO (and evil druids may work with either). But I think elementals are as "primal" as it gets.

Good point on the elemental comment. Didn't know that about the Unseelie Court, but that idea would work double considering that the air prophet in the book thinks of herself as a faerie thing ("winged elf" from storybooks). Any 5e materials that the unseelies are mentioned in?

L Space
2015-10-04, 04:01 PM
I don't know of any 5E things that go into much, if any, details on the Unseelie Court or the Fey in general, unfortunately. Hopefully we get some more info on things like that soon.

JackPhoenix
2015-10-05, 06:51 AM
AFAIK the only mention of Unseelie Court in 5e is that the Queen of Air and Darkness is a possible patron for feylocks.You'll have to check older material. Basically, it's just a group of various malicious fey.