PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Spells for Thralls

Zaydos
2015-10-03, 01:59 PM
This thread is devoted to spells which have the Thrall component. This new component indicates spells that can only be cast by aberrations or creatures with the Servant of the Old Ones (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?447399-To-Serve-the-Ancient-Ones-(Vile-Feats-3-5)) feat. Any spell with the Thrall component is only considered to be on the Cleric spell list for clerics that worship a Great Old One, Elder Evil, Outer God, or a deity that is part of an aberration specific pantheon.

At the moment there is only 1 or 9 spells, Summon Elder Thrall I-IX, but I am open to suggestions for more spells and if any occur to me I will add them.

Summon Elder Thrall I
Conjuration (Summoning) [see text]
Level: Brd 1, Clr 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Player in Yellow 1, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 1
Components: V, S, F/DF, Thrall
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One summoned creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons a servant of the Great Old Ones (typically an aberration, obyrith, quori, or pseudonatural animal). It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.
The spell conjures one of the creatures from the 1st-level list on the list below. You choose which kind of creature to summon, and you can change that choice each time you cast the spell.

A summoned monster cannot summon or otherwise conjure another creature, nor can it use any teleportation or planar travel abilities. Creatures cannot be summoned into an environment that cannot support them. For instance, a pseudonatural octopus may only be summoned in an aquatic environment.

When you use a summoning spell to summon an air, chaotic, earth, evil, fire, good, lawful, or water creature, it is a spell of that type. Summon elder thrall I only summons neutral creatures but if Summon elder thrall III is used to summon a nupperibo it is a Lawful and Evil spell.

Arcane Focus: A mummified hand (can be monkey) wrapped in papers upon which are drawn various ritual symbols of summoning and praise to the Old Ones; costs 5 GP.

Pseudonatural dire rat
Pseudonatural dog
Pseudonatural hawk
Pseudonatural monkey
Pseudonatural monstrous centipede, Medium
Pseudonatural monstrous scorpion, Small
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Small
Pseudonatural octopus
Pseudonatural raven
Pseudonatural snake, Small viper

Summon Elder Thrall II
Conjuration (Summoning) [see text for summon elder thrall I]
Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 2, Player in Yellow 2, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 2
Effect: One or more summoned creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 2nd-level list or 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 1st-level list.

Pseudonatural eagle
Pseudonatural giant bee
Pseudonatural monstrous centipede, Large
Pseudonatural monstrous scorpion, Medium
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Medium
Pseudonatural shark, Medium
Pseudonatural snake, Medium viper
Pseudonatural squid
Pseudonatural wolf

Summon Elder Thrall III
Level: Brd 3, Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 3, Player in Yellow 3, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 3
Effect: One or more summoned creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 3rd-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 2nd-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 1st-level list.

Choker
NupperiboFCII
Pseudonatural ape
Pseudonatural crocodile
Pseudonatural dire bat
Pseudonatural hippogriff
Pseudonatural monstrous centipede, Huge
Pseudonatural snake, Constrictor
Pseudonatural snake, Large viper
Skum

Summon Elder Thrall IV
Level: Brd 4, Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 4, Player in Yellow 4, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 4
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 4th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 3rd-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 2nd-level list.

Ettercap
GrellLoM
Pseudonatural dire wolf
Pseudonatural giant wasp
Pseudonatural lion
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Large
Pseudonatural shark, Large
Pseudonatural snake, Huge viper
Yeth hound

Summon Elder Thrall V
Level: Brd 5, Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5, Player in Yellow 5, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 5
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 5th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 4th-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 3rd-level list.

Carrion crawler
Cloaker
DolghastMoE
EkolidFCI
Gibbering mouther
Pseudonatural dire ape
Pseudonatural giant crocodile
Pseudonatural monstrous scorpion, Large
Pseudonatural shark, Huge
Pseudonatural tiger
SpeculatorLom
Tsoreva QuoriMoE

Summon Elder Thrall VI
Level: Brd 6, Clr 6, Sor/Wiz 6, Player in Yellow 6, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 6
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 6th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 5th-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 4th-level list.

Chaos beast
Chuul
Devil, Chain
Gauth
Pseudonatural elasmosaurus
Pseudonatural monstrous centipede, Gargantuan
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Huge
Pseudonatural snake, Constrictor giant
Umber hulk
Tsucora quori

Summon Elder Thrall VII
Level: Clr 7, Sor/Wiz 7, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 7
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 7th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 6th-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 5th-level list.

Destrachan
Eye of the DeepLoM
Hashalaq QuoriSoS
Hound of GloomLoM
Pseudonatural giant octopus
Pseudonatural monstrous scorpion, Huge

Summon Elder Thrall VIII
Level: Clr 8, Sor/Wiz 8, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 8
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 8th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 7th-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 6th-level list.

Cloaker, shadowcloak elderLoM
Dream master quoriMoE
Du’ulora QuoriSoS
NashrouMMV
Pseudonatural giant squid
Pseudonatural monstrous centipede, Colossal
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Gargantuan

Summon Elder Thrall IX
Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9, Thrall of Shub-Niggurath 9
This spell functions like summon elder thrall I, except that you can summon one creature from the 9th-level list, 1d3 creatures of the same kind from the 8th-level list, or 1d4+1 creatures of the same kind from the 7th-level list.

Beholder
Pseudonatural dire shark
Pseudonatural roc
Pseudonatural monstrous scorpion, Gargantuan
Pseudonatural monstrous spider, Colossal
ZeugalakLoM

Zaydos
2016-02-02, 11:10 AM
Made a few new ones in other threads so here they are.

ABOLETH KNOWLEDGE
Divination
Level: Bard 1, cleric 1, player in yellow 1, thrall of shub-niggurath 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Components: V, S, Thrall
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 hour/level or until expended.

You tap into the ancestral memory of the aboleths stretching back to the dawn of time and before. Letting it fill your mind you hear its whispers in your ears.

You gain a +2 insight bonus on Knowledge and Lore checks, increasing to +4 if it deals with antediluvian secrets before the dawn of man, for the duration, and a +1 insight bonus to Will saves. You may, however, end this spell prematurely to make a single Knowledge check as if you had ranks in that skill equal to your caster level + 1.

BITE OF THE UMBERHULK
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]/Transmutation
Level: Bard 6, cleric 7, player in yellow 6, thrall of shub-niggurath 6, sorcerer/wizard 7
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

With an inhuman cry, your face extends and expands a second pair of eyes forming upon your head, and your hands enlarge into thick claws. Powerful muscle builds under your skin, even as it thickens into a hardened carapace, and you become a half-umber hulk creature.

You gain a +12 enhancement bonus to Strength, a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, a +8 enhancement bonus to Constitution, and a +8 enhancement bonus to natural armor. Your hands become claws, granting you two claw attacks, and your mouth becomes that of an umber hulk, giving you a bite attack. You can attack with both claws at your full attack bonus, but your bite attack takes a –2 penalty (as if you had the Multiattack feat). Each claw deals 2d4 points of damage (1d6 if you are Small) + your Str modifier, and your bite deals 2d8 points of damage (2d6 if you are Small) + 1/2 your Str modifier. You gain tremorsense 60 ft, and the benefit of the Great Fortitude feat as well. If your base attack bonus is +6 or higher, you do not gain any additional attacks.

Once during the duration of this spell you can add additional energy into it as a free action to gain a confusing gaze for 1 round. This functions as a gaze attack and any creature meeting your gaze must make a Will save (same DC as this spell would normally have) or be confused as the spell confusion for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.

Infectious Madness
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 2, thrall of shub-niggurath 4, sorcerer/wizard 3
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: 1 round/caster level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The target suffers the effects of a Confusion spell, however any target they damage must make a Will save or be affected by this spell as if they were the original target. The duration for these secondary targets is 1 round/caster level from their infection and they may cause further infection. A creature which succeeds its Will save does not need to make another for a number of rounds equal to their Wisdom modifier (min 1 round), and once a creature has recovered from the infection it is immune to the infection caused by that casting.

Strip Will
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Evil, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 3, thrall of shub-niggurath 5, sorcerer/wizard 4
Target: 1 humanoid creature
Duration: Special
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes.

This spell functions as dominate person (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dominatePerson.htm) except as described below. A creature affected by Strip Will suffers 1 point of Wisdom damage each minute until it has suffered Wisdom damage equal to its Wisdom score (if the damage is prevented it is still suffered for this purpose) at which point the spell immediately, if this reduces the target's Wisdom to 0 they gain 1d3 points of Depravity. The target is fully aware of their actions committed under this spell and that they were compelled, the awareness of it slowly working with the magic to destroy their minds.

Transformative Rage
Enchantment (Compulsion)/Transmutation [Evil, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 4, player in yellow 4, thrall of shub-niggurath 5, sorcerer/wizard 5
Target: 1 living creature
Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
Saving Throw: See below
Spell Resistance: Yes.

You instill fury into a creature, a madness of rage which drives them to a frenzy and beyond stripping their mind of its cunning and changing their body into its vessel.

When you cast this spell the target is allowed a Will save to negate its effect. If they fail they enter into a rage identical to a Barbarian's except that they must make a Will save each round or attack the nearest creature with disregard to whether it is friend or foe; if they have the ability to rage they gain an additional +2 Strength and Constitution during this effect. As they rage the anger transforms them.

On the third round this transformation comes to a head. A Fortitude save negates this effect and immediately ends the spell, but only a creature which has succeed all three roundly Will saves is allowed one. If they fail they grow 1 size category (as if from an Enlarge Person spell), and gain an additional +4 to Strength and +2 to natural armor but suffer 2d6 nonlethal damage each round. Their skin turns strangely scaly, nictating membrane forming over their eyes, and their jaw distending to give them a bite attack (usable as a primary or secondary natural weapon) dealing 1d4 damage if Large. They no longer need to make roundly Will saves,they attack the nearest creature other than you with disregard to whether it is friend or foe, and if there are no valid creatures to attack they move at full speed to find one.