PDA

View Full Version : Guess the movie

Orcus The Vile
2015-10-03, 04:30 PM
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with 3 strangers to kill again.

Jormengand
2015-10-03, 04:44 PM
Sounds like Catching Fire to me.

Xihirli
2015-10-03, 04:48 PM
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with 3 strangers to kill again.

Wizard of Oz.

The main character inherits stolen property and rushes to destroy it before its original owner can claim it.

Orm-Embar
2015-10-03, 04:57 PM
Lord of the Rings.

A juvenile delinquent steals a treasure, gives himself a false identity and uses it to kidnap a princess.

ThePhantom
2015-10-03, 11:00 PM
Its sounds like Princess Bride, but that's not likely right.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-10-03, 11:03 PM
That would be Aladdin. :smalltongue:

A man successfully saves his race from destruction by going back in time and destroying another race instead. The one guy he actually needed to stop survived, though.

Ebon_Drake
2015-10-04, 02:31 AM
A man successfully saves his race from destruction by going back in time and destroying another race instead. The one guy he actually needed to stop survived, though.

Terminator?

Two astronauts have a problem with their computer on a mission to Jupiter.

(Note: that one's taken from an actual TV guide.)

Xihirli
2015-10-04, 08:00 AM
That would be Aladdin. :smalltongue:

Not Terminator.
Sounds sort of like the newer Star Trek, but we don't know if Nero actually saved the Romulans. Presumably Kirk will give them an early warning and they can begin evacuating the planet (why didn't Nero just do that!?), but the event doesn't happen for awhile and we don't know for sure if the Romulans were saved; we won't for a few hundred years.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-10-05, 01:27 AM
It was Star Trek. :smalltongue: While Nero's plan was pretty idiotic, I'm kind of assuming that the events of the movie at least gave everyone enough sense not to do the thing that needed to not be done. I mean, it strikes me as pretty easy to avoid given the circumstances.

Tom the Mime
2015-10-05, 04:47 AM
Two astronauts have a problem with their computer on a mission to Jupiter.

(Note: that one's taken from an actual TV guide.)
2001: a space odyssey

A CEO manipulates a scientist into killing a homeless guy to cover up his plans to save the world

Scarlet Knight
2015-10-09, 08:52 PM
Watchmen ?

Actor would rather be trans than unemployed, causing complications with the women in his life.

Pex
2015-10-14, 02:26 PM
Watchmen ?

Actor would rather be trans than unemployed, causing complications with the women in his life.

Tootsie

Hotel manager's son convinces a loner to appear before classmates to intimidate. All is well until classmates get a thug.