PDA

View Full Version : Are Radiant Servant and Ordained Champion fluff incompatible?

aleucard
2015-10-03, 10:54 PM
To make a long story short, I'm making what amounts to an Heir of the Sun from Dark Souls 2 (preliminary build being Cleric 5/Radiant Servant 5/Ordained Champion 5/Stormlord 10). The Deity Specific prereqs have been swapped for Domain prereqs, which Heirs of the Sun would logically complete all 3 of those without issue for hopefully obvious reasons. Stormlord has already been cleared, but I've been told that an explanation of what a Sunbro is is not sufficient for explaining how someone would have the other 2 classes simultaneously. Nor has the phrase 'Combat Medic' been sufficient. Is there something in particular I'm missing? What's your opinion on this?

Troacctid
2015-10-03, 11:15 PM
According to the adaptation sections for the prestige classes, Stormlord can be adapted to any storm god, Radiant Servant can be adapted to any sun god, and Ordained Champion can be adapted to any war god of any alignment. So all you need is a god whose portfolio includes all three.

GilesTheCleric
2015-10-03, 11:39 PM
Here's all of the options I could find. Some of these might require looser interpretations (war -> protection, or storm -> sky). If none of the individual deities work, you could worship a pantheon.

Tonatiuh, Destruction, Evil, Sun, War, Drag358 89

Tezcatlipoca, Air, Chaos, Destruction, Knowledge, Evil, Magic, Mysticism, Sun, Trickery, War, Weather, LGD 164, Drag352 97, Drag283 37

Taiia (creator aspect), Air, Chaos, Earth, Good, Healing, Knowledge, Law, Luck, Magic, Protection, Sun, Travel, DaD 203

Surtr, Destruction, Evil, Fire, Law, Purification, Strength, Sun, Trickery, War, DaD 164, 190, CD 124, DotF 94, 96, MM1 Errata 5, Drag283 39, FaP 221, LGD 161

Stronmaus, Air, Chaos, Good, Protection, Sky, Sun, Storm, War, Weather, CD 124, DotF 94, 96, MM1 Errata 5, FaP 221, LGD 160

Pharonic Pantheon, Air, Artifice, Chaos, Community, Creation, Destruction, Earth, Glory, Good, Healing, Knowledge, Law, Luck, Magic, Nobility, Plant, Protection, Repose, Rune, Strength, Sun, Travel, Trickery, War, Water, DaD 137

Osirian Triad, Air, Earth, Law, Glory, Good, Law, Magic, Nobility, Plant, Protection, Repose, Sun, War, Water, DaD 137

Olympic Pantheon, Air, Animal, Artifice, Chaos, Charm, Community, Creation, Death, Destruction, Earth, Evil, Fire, Good, Healing, Knowledge, Law, Luck, Madness, Magic, Nobility, Plant, Protection, Strength, Sun, Travel, Trickery, War, Water, Weather, DaD 100

Nola, Air, Fire, Glory, Good, Healing, Sun, LGD 125

Horus, Destruction, Law, Sun, Water, Drag283 36

Hiatea, Animal, Community, Fire, Good, Plant, Sun, Weather, CD 124, DotF 94, 96, MM1 Errata 5, FaP 221, LGD 75

Goliath Pantheon, Animal, Death, Destruction, Earth, Fire, Healing, Knowledge, Luck, Magic, Plant, Protection, Strength, Sun, Travel, Trickery, War, Water, RoS 65

Frey, Air, Plant, Good, Magic, Protection, Sun, DaD 164, 174, Drag283 39

Asgardian Pantheon, Animal, Chaos, Charm, Community, Death, Destruction, Good, Earth, Evil, Fire, Healing, Knowledge, Law, Luck, Magic, Plant, Protection, Strength, Sun, Travel, Trickery, War, Water, Weather, DaD 167

Edit: LGD is the Living Greyhawk Deities document.

aleucard
2015-10-04, 12:39 AM
I'm using what amounts to a Homebrew deity (Heirs of the Sun) that does this job. Getting past the crunch prereqs is no issue. It's that the DM thinks those two classes are fluff incompatible under any circumstance, including this one.

Red Fel
2015-10-04, 12:48 AM
I'm using what amounts to a Homebrew deity (Heirs of the Sun) that does this job. Getting past the crunch prereqs is no issue. It's that the DM thinks those two classes are fluff incompatible under any circumstance, including this one.

Well, that's pretty much the end of that, isn't it?

Refluffing is a discretionary matter in the hands of the DM. He is under no obligation to depart from the books, nor even to use the books if he would rather exclude them. So while you could refluff each of those classes more generically, doing so depends on receiving his OK. If the DM thinks the classes are "fluff incompatible under any circumstance," then you've reached a dead end.

You could make the argument, of course, but aside from "I really want it" and "Here are some gods with the relevant domains," there's really not much to be done at that point.

Curmudgeon
2015-10-04, 01:24 AM
I agree with Red Fel. You don't want to have an adversarial relationship with your DM; that never works out. So junk this character idea and find something else that'll please both you and the DM.