PDA

View Full Version : Drow of the Underdark Art

AngelSword
2007-05-19, 11:02 PM
(I'm not sure if this belongs here)

Is there anyone else out there who was as disappointed as I was with the art for this book? There are some pictures from this book that are alright, but I was not impressed with it as a whole. I guess a lot of it is a dislike of Wayne England's work.

Pagz
2007-05-20, 04:39 AM
Yea, I was dissapointed. I guess I was looking for something more... I dunno... just different. I guess its cause I grew up knowing drow from Baldur's Gate 2, and saw them a little differently.

DreadArchon
2007-05-20, 03:39 PM
I saw the art for this shortly after the art for Complete Champion. Champion had me going "hey, that's nice" in numerous places, and Underdark had me going "wow, consistently lame" the whole time.

It was... odd, to say the least. I'd call the art in the book "anomalously bad."

LongVin
2007-05-20, 07:33 PM
Yeah. And the temple of Lolth picture looks like the temple is outside in the sun. There appears to be clouds and a sunrise.

AngelAndrius
2007-05-20, 07:56 PM
Yeah dissapointing as a whole. I just feel lke they're grinding out supplements for hawt money. That would be ok normally, but SOME effort would be nice to make the supplements enjoyable.

Not only the art, but the content of the book as well seemed a little lax.

AngelSword
2007-05-20, 09:17 PM
Not only the art, but the content of the book as well seemed a little lax.
Well, I haven't had a chance to review the crunchy bits, I just perused the book, and noticed the lackluster art.

Wayne England should not draw humanoids.

Matthew
2007-05-31, 12:28 PM
I quite agree. Wayne England has a heavy background in a particular style of War Hammer Art, and it shows. I particularly dislike his depiction of Dwarves, very War Hammer... [Edit] On the other hand, not all of his art is like that, some of it is very good.