PDA

View Full Version : Streets XXI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Uberblah
2007-05-20, 12:21 AM
They're streets. They go places. Have fun.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:25 AM
"Considering that you're standing in the remains of a recent zombie attack, showing signs of large amounts of necromancy, I think you do."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 12:27 AM
At this very moment Nick heads outside to check on the zombies.

"Oh, someone finished them off. Great," he glances between the trio possibly gearing up for battle.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 12:30 AM
"Take this as you will, but I personally think it would be most wise for you to move out of my way." Ebola says threateningly. Leprosy takes a step up to stand side-by-side with his partner.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:32 AM
Unintimidated, Joseph draws his revolvers. He aims one at Ebola's head, and another at Leprosy's. "It is obvious that you both are somehow involved with the attack. Surrender, and I shall turn you over to the law of this place, allowing you to live."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 12:34 AM
Nick decides to Detect Evil as discreetly as he can manage. It certainly doesn't give him a reason to put an arrow in someone, but at least it'll give him a better idea of who not to shoot should a fight break out.

"Hey, come on now, what's with all the harsh words, fellows?" hopefully no one will get their heads ventilated right off the bat.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:35 AM
Oddly enough, Joseph shows up as 'player dislikes alignment and doesn't use it'. Or perhaps 'no reading'.

Your call.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 12:37 AM
Neither Ebola nor Leprosy register as evil.

"You don't know us well enough if you think that scares us." The necromancer says cooly. The way he is standing is awkward since he has not moved his staff since he first set it on the ground when Joseph came up, almost like he is consciously refusing to move it.

"Listen to him." Leprosy says, "It is in your best self-interest."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:40 AM
"It doesn't matter whether or not I know you. What I know is that you are responsible for the deaths of a great number of innocents. I offer you one last chance to surrender and live." Joseph's grip tigtens on the revolvers. He would glance over at Nick, but is too focused on Ebola and Leprosy.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 12:41 AM
"Irrational speculation has been the cause of millions of more deaths than random zombie attacks, Cochise. You're jumping pretty far right now."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:44 AM
"I don't think it is that far of a leap in logic. Considering that you are unwilling to explain yourself as to why you are radiating necromancy and lied about it, right after being asked about the recent zombie incursion."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 12:45 AM
Knowing someone's alignment is pretty important, especially if someone intends to drop a Holy Word at some point. But since Nick isn't sure what's going on that probably wouldn't be a good idea at this point.

He just glances back and forth between both parties.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 12:47 AM
"Because revealing yourself to be a necromancer right after a recent zombie invasion to some crazy vampire slayer is always a good idea, right Cochise?" Ebola asks sarcastically, not even caring that he is insulting a dude pointing a gun at him.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 12:57 AM
"I was asking for your aid, when I asked whether or not you were necromancers. I thought perhaps that someone with a skill in necromancy could help me in tracking down another of his kind. Thusly, you should of known that you had nothing to fear from, as long as you had done no direct evil with your necromantic arts. And there is still the fact that you refused to explain yourself at first." Like with everything else he has said, Joseph speaks in the same level tone. Despite the condemnatory nature of his words, no accusation enters his voice.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 01:00 AM
At this point Joseph will probably hear the tell-tail sound of a bowstring being pulled back behind him.

"The both of them smell like death, but I don't think that's a very good reason to kill them," Nick comments. "Why don’t you put your weapons down and we can talk this out like civilized people, hm?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 01:01 AM
"You think I'm retarded?" Ebola spits. "Coming in here, saying you're a vampy hunter, two big old guns at your side, and you're looking for a necromancer to help you? Bullshiite."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 01:07 AM
"What? You think that vampire hunters just go around indiscriminately killing necromancers?" Joseph sneers."Maybe you are retarded."

Joseph, being a self-righteous bastard, gives Nick a judgmental glare. "You cast your lot with those who slaughter innocents? The evidence is clear, and only one true conclusion can be made." As of yet, he keeps his weapons raised.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 01:10 AM
((Judgmental is a very mispelled word))

"Maybe not, but when your opening line is that you are looking for the people responsible for a zombie outbreak and then immediately ask me if I'm a necromancer afterwards, the conclusion is not very hard to draw."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 01:14 AM
"And I was down in the streets killing zombies before you ever rode into Town on your high horse," Nick responds. "Still haven't gotten the stink out of my cloak."

He glances over the Vampy hunter's shoulder at the pair standing on the other side. They certainly seem to be the unsavory sort, but once again that doesn't warrant shooting them.

"From what I've gathered so far there are all sorts around here, running into a necromancer doesn't seem too unusual considering I've met an alien, a giant yeti, at least one werewolf, a wind spirit and Selune knows what else."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 01:15 AM
((Apparently so. And this involved a lot more talking and a lot less violence than I expected.))

Joseph opens his mouth to reply, and is dead timed.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 01:18 AM
This is convenient as Ebola and Leprosy are both dead-timed as well.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 01:22 AM
Nick blinks at this and then slacks his bowstring. Both the string and arrow promptly cease to exist.

"That is really strange," he comments. The marksmen finds a small stone on the road and tosses it lightly at Joseph. The rock freezes in mid-air a foot or so away from him.

"Eerr... I think I'll just leave this situation alone..."

He then heads back into Trog's.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 06:03 AM
Two odd planar occurances and one odd Town occurance.

Somewhere, a certain plane went from 666 layers to 665.
The Abyss now has one less demon lord.
Karaglen has tripled in size and is carrying an exhausted Xeni towards Trog's. Oh, and that pocket watch Karaglen wears around her neck is ticking much faster than it should.
Ticktick ticktick ticktick.
As such, they enter Trog's.

--------------

Karaglen steps out of Trog's in her elven form and heads towards where she saw Mychasi steeped in dead time.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 11:25 AM
Mychasi is slowly released from dead time.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 11:27 AM
Karaglen makes it as far as yelling: Hey Mychas-
Before being silenced by dead time. Few hours of rest will probably do her good anywho.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 11:28 AM
Mychasi glances round, to see that Karaglen has been caught. He gives a slight sigh.

A short while later, Tham'che leaves Trogs. Mychasi gives a slight yelp and scoots inside, wanting to keep away from the drow. Tham'che notices him, but pays no attention, and wanders up the road.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 01:17 PM
Descending the last step from the sanctuary, the white garbed Hazel awaits Aldwin. She momentarily wonders if he'd ever really left the place. Then she doubts it.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 01:19 PM
Aldwin comes down after her, his face hidden.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 01:22 PM
Walking close to him, she whispers, "Why do you hide yourself like that?"

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 01:24 PM
There are those who do not understand the way we have changed ourselves, and will despise us for our differences. It is best to hide ourselves from them so as not to stir up trouble.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 01:33 PM
Hazel mulls this over before pulling hers up around her own face. "Let's get moving. We need to find a temple. I'm sure we'll know one when we see it."

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 01:34 PM
Aldwin nods to her and looks around for a moment.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 01:38 PM
Hazel begins to walk away at the sight of some tall buildings in the distance. "Let me know if you see something before I do."

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 01:40 PM
Aldwin seems to be mostly following her, not quite sure what to look for.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 02:12 PM
There is a temple on the horizon. At least, she's pretty sure that's what it is. Looking through a nearby corner allowed her to make the dim outline. A statue of something. No doubt their god.

"I think I've found one."

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 02:14 PM
Aldwin nods and starts moving more quickly in that direction.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 02:20 PM
Hazel walks alongside Aldwin as they enter the temple.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 03:09 PM
After milling around in the streets, Tham'che moves towards the temple of Inari and peeks inside.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 03:22 PM
Karaglen escapes dead time and seeing no Mychasi, begins the process of getting rid of any demon blood that may be on her. She doesn't, you know, want to look gruesome or anything. She also take the time to resume dragon form.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 03:36 PM
Mychasi flies back outside, having sen Karaglen through the window of Trogs.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 03:40 PM
Joseph comes out of dead time, still aiming his guns at the heads of Ebola and Leprosy.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 03:40 PM
Xeni walks down the street and enters the Omnishop.

Karaglen is busy removing the last traces of blood and fails to notice Mychasi.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 03:41 PM
Mychasi moves up to beside Karaglen and nudges her in the side.
"Boo." he says, not with his usual enthusiasm.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 03:44 PM
Karaglen freezes, startled, but relaxes when she sees its Mychasi.
Hello Mychasi, startled me a bit.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 03:50 PM
"Oh, yeah um... sorry." he replies, glancing over at Nymbryxion at the same time.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 03:52 PM
Karaglen tilts her head and studies Mychasi carefully.
What's wrong?

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 04:06 PM
"Listen I um... I've got something to explain..." Mychasi says nervously.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:10 PM
Nothing bad I hope...
Karaglen doesn't seem overly concerned and stretches her wings.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 04:13 PM
"Aww crud..."
Mychasi takes a deep breath.
"Listen... I really didn't want to do this, but... but..."
He sighs, not quite able to say what he wants to.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 04:14 PM
Joseph lowers his guns and looks the streets, waiting for Ebola and Leprosy to come out of dead time.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:17 PM
Karaglen pauses and refolds her wings, suddenly concerned.
...But?

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 04:17 PM
Ebola and Leprosy escape from dead time as well.

"As I was saying, piss off."

Lord Magtok
2007-05-20, 04:19 PM
A huge swarm of robots fly to the streets. They completely block out the sun for a few moments, and then land all at once on the ground, causing a few NPCs to stumble and fall. They pull out pistols, rifles and other weapons, and begin killing various NPCs, going out of their way to avoid the PCs.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 04:21 PM
"Look, I don't want to hurt your feelings. And I know you're gonna hate me for this. But I really like Nymbryxion. As in more than you."
He seems to turn a bit cruel at the end of this, but it's due to the fact he now loaths himself for what he's just said.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:24 PM
This probably would have hurt Karaglen. Immensely. If she had heard it of course. Mychasi was blocked out by the sudden gunfire.
What is going on?

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 04:25 PM
Joseph eyes them coldly.

"Their is not enough evidence against you as of yet, and so I shall let you go for now. But keep in mind, I know that you were responsible for this massacre, and you will not escape justice."

The vampire hunter holsters his revolvers and turns around, slowly starting to walk away and half-hoping that Ebola and Leprosy will attack his open back.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 04:26 PM
Mychasi though Karaglen heard him, and is confused by her response.
"Do I need to explain further?!?!" he shouts over the gunfire.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:27 PM
Karaglen offers Mychasi a confused look.
Explain what?!

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 04:28 PM
"Didn't you hear me?"

((Gotta dash. Back on Tues))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:30 PM
Um...no?
Karaglen is suddenly full of the feeling that she doesn't want to, either.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 04:30 PM
"Okay, you self-righteous ass, I'm going to f**ing fry you..." Ebola whispers as he lifts his bone staff and points it at Joseph, about to shoot any assortment of powerful attacks at him. A small inky spot on the ground that had been under his staff suddenly speak up, only apparent in Ebola's mind.

"You will not attack him, Ebola."

Fyta, not now! I'm supposed to be free of your command. Ebola grits his teeth.

"If you attack him and he manages to capture you, then our whole plan is for naught, fool. And besides, I was just delivered a threatening warning from the Informant. Any more meddling and things will take a bad turn."

Ebola sighs deeply. "Fine."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 04:50 PM
Joseph hears Ebola whispering, though not exactly what he said, and notices him pointing the staff at him. The hunter just smirks, marking this down as more evidence against Ebola and Leprosy. He disappears into the shadows.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 04:50 PM
Xeni walks out of the Omnishop and looks at Mychasi and Karaglen. He frowns and throws a spare dead time blanket over Karaglen, whispering a few words over her as well. He then sighs and enters Trog's.

wxdruid
2007-05-20, 04:58 PM
Jaric leads Catherine out of the slums and into the better part of Town, he looks back and frowns. He turns back to Catherine, "I hope all of your hard work survives."

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:02 PM
Catherine sighs and nods to him, keeping hold of his hand.

wxdruid
2007-05-20, 05:05 PM
Jaric smiles reassuringly at her, "Hungry at all?" and gently squeezes her hand.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:07 PM
Something to eat would be nice.
She smiles back at him, rolling the pebble around in her right hand.

wxdruid
2007-05-20, 05:10 PM
Jaric nudges her towards the SMBR, "I've heard they have excellent food at the SMBR. Haven't been there yet, been waiting for the right sort of company to be with."

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:12 PM
Catherine's right hand stills and she looks at him happily.
I'd love to go there with you.

wxdruid
2007-05-20, 05:15 PM
"Good, it's set," as he smiles and opens the door for her to walk inside (having been walking this way since they left the slums)

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:17 PM
Catherine walks inside, very happy with the way things changed for the better.

wxdruid
2007-05-20, 05:20 PM
Jaric smiles as he follows her inside.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 05:43 PM
The white-robed figure from before reenters the streets. Having found what they had been seeking, she is ready to return to the sanctuary.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:45 PM
The gray robed figure follows behind the white.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 05:46 PM
Nick steps out of Trog's and into the streets. From here he begins to wonder where all the demons mentioned before are.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:47 PM
Tom follows Nick outside, one hand on his rapier.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-20, 05:48 PM
Ignoring anything and anyone she meets, she returns to the floating sanctuary, climbing the steps and disappearing inside.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 05:49 PM
Therarde follows Nick and Tom.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 05:51 PM
Xeni steps out from Trog's and heads towards Nick and Tom.
They should be popping in any minute now...

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 05:52 PM
Aldwin, the gray robed figure, vanishes into the sanctuary of Banatin as well.

Tom draws out his rapier and swishes it through the air, working out his wrist.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-20, 05:54 PM
*Atreyu winds around the streets of Town, pondering where to take his letter*

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 05:55 PM
"Well," Nicholas comments as he pulls the pair of silver sabers out of their sheaths across the small of his back. "He did say a few minutes. What sort of stuff do you think will show up? I'm betting on some more baubus. Maybe a dretch or two."

He glances up and down the streets.

"Hopefully no Balors. I think that might be out of our league," he grins at the others. "Unless one of you happens to be a god and didn't tell me."

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 05:56 PM
Ebola and Leprosy, having nothing to do, simply lean on the side of a building.

"I get to be Jay, alright?" Ebola says.

"What are you talking about?" Leprosy asks quizzically.

"Eh, forget about it."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 05:56 PM
Xeni releases a somewhat nervous laugh.
Well uh...it's probably going to be quite a few demons...as in a lot...I did destroy part of their plane after all...

Therarde
2007-05-20, 05:57 PM
Therarde raises an eyebrow towards Nick. I have absolutely no clue what any of those things are.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 06:00 PM
"Well... By Selune's grace I'm sure we'll manage to pull through," Nick replies as he snaps the handles of his sabers together. The thing looks like a metal bow now, sans a bowstring.

He points the end of his weapon into the air.

"For adventure!"

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 06:01 PM
Tom draws out a dagger to go with his rapier, and starts working out his left hand.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 06:04 PM
Therarde draws his sword and begins swinging it around a little.

Nightwing
2007-05-20, 06:05 PM
((You should go to the sword fighting arena to practice with the sword instead of swinging it around!))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 06:05 PM
For adventure!
Xeni grins and points his bow into the air.

A hezrou and a retriever appear on a nearby building.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 06:09 PM
"About time!" Nick says with a grin. "And they sent a construct too!"

He then goes through the motions of drawing an arrow from a quiver he doesn't have and notching it onto a bowstring that isn't there.

Both suddenly pop into existence.

With a twang the cold-steel arrow goes whizzing through the air toward the Retriever.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 06:13 PM
Tom sheathes his dagger quickly and draws out his sling, flinging a bullet at the Hezrou.
It is a normal sling stone in every way.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 06:15 PM
Therarde, with no means of long range attack, just kind of stands around.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 06:19 PM
The arrow finds its way into one of the retriever's joints, but the only notice it offers is a petrification eye ray at Nick. It then hops off the roof and makes a beeline for Xeni.

The hezrou raises it's brow as the stone fails to do anything particularly harmful, with the damage resistance and all.

Xeni pulls out a few cold iron arrows, waiting for a better shot.

Three vrocks appear around the hezrou, which then jump from the roof, followed by the hezrou a second later.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 06:20 PM
Tom puts another stone in the sling, whirling it around and sending one straight at a vrock's wing.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 06:26 PM
Therarde raises his sword and makes a charge at one of the vrock, hoping for the best.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 06:27 PM
"Selune protect me..." the marksmen mutters as the ray blasts into him. His robe gets a little dusty, but that's all. Thankfully. He's actually quite surprised that the extra damage from favored enemy (constructs) didn't help.

He darts off to the side, whipping out a trio of arrows and launching them at the bug-machine-thing. For good measure he shoots off a second volley. Each cold-steel shaft is apparently aimed to maximize damage.

((From the mechanical side of things, Nick's skirmish damage functions against one of his favored enemies immune to criticals. Constructs just happen to be that target. Suffice to say he can lay on the hurt in short order.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
*Atreyu trots back from the woods, making his way to Inari's, trying to avoid any fights and dark alleyways, but choosing dark alleyways over fights if he has too.*

Lord Magtok
Magtok comes out of dead-time and waves his hand in the air, and all of the robots stop killing NPCs. He sighs, and turns to his second in command.

That's enough. It's clear nobody cares about the safety of NPCs. I might as well give up.

Sir, I-

Send everyone back to the base, and tell them to put themselves in storage. We'll leave the Town alone until they're prepared to face us.

Yes, sir. They'll be on their way in a few minutes.

Slowly, the robots assemble and teleprt back to the Volcano Lair.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 06:34 PM
((O.O I had forgotten about the robots. Sorry Magtok))

The retriever stumbles and falls to the ground as one arrow manages to finds its way into severing one of its legs. This causes the other two to wizz harmlessly past it.

The vrock behind him isn't so lucky and takes both of them to the chest, which doesn't work out with its internal organ make-up.

One vrock takes the stone to its wing and in its surprise that anything hit it at all, stops flapping and falls to the ground.

The other vrock charges towards Therarde and releases a cloud of spores as it nears him.

The hezrou charges in towards Tom wildly waving its large fists.

Xeni aims an arrow and fires it at the hezrou, judging it to be the biggest threat.

A balor and a marilith appear where the hezrou appeared. Their looks of displeasure somehow convey that they are the last of the demons that will be coming for now.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 06:38 PM
Tom drops his sling, whipping out his dagger again as he dodges the demon's blows and rolls around it, stabbing with the tiny blade.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-20, 06:40 PM
*atreyu trots into Inari's temple, bleating in relief*

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 06:40 PM
((I would have tried to stop the NPC massacre, but unfortunately someone went offline after starting his attack *kicks Magtok*))

Nick continues to circle around behind the still moving vroc, drawing back a trio of arrows and letting fly.

Not only do these arrows happen to be cold steel, they're also drenched in holy water for extra kick. BAM!

"How are you holding up over there Tom?"

Therarde
2007-05-20, 06:42 PM
Therarde is hit by the spores, but doesn't seem to care. He begins wildly hacking at the vrock.

Lord Magtok
2007-05-20, 06:47 PM
((I would have tried to stop the NPC massacre, but unfortunately someone went offline after starting his attack *kicks Magtok*))

((Sorry about that. I had to go eat. Wasn't really counting on anyone showing up anyways.))

Magtok sticks around after the robots leave, and teleport to a nearby rooftop to examine the damage done.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 06:51 PM
The retriever begins to shakily stand up on its seven remaining legs and once more stalks towards Xeni.

The vrock screeches as it is simultaneously struck by rather painful arrows and is slashed by Therarde's sword. It slashes at Therarde with its clawed hands.

The hezrou grunts with frustration at the hard to hit Tom, aware of a rather slight pain from the dagger stabs. It then uses blasphemy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blasphemy.htm) in response. It fails to notice an arrows rip into its shoulder and out the other end.

The vrock that fell to the ground begins to stand.

The balor and marilith growl in frustration at the scene. The former tries a power word stun (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/powerWordStun.htm) on Therarde and the latter slides off the roof and moves its weapons into a fighting stance.

The spores on Therarde's flesh probably cause him quite a bit of pain on contact and then immediately begin to try and take root in his flesh.

Oopsy...forgot about Xeni :smallredface: .

Xeni frowns and fires an arrow at the incoming marilith, or would, if he too were not wincing at the hezrou's word instead.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 06:53 PM
Tom's movement slows and he blinks as he tries to regain his senses.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately for Nick he's less than forty feet away from the nasty critter that just uttered a word of eeeeeeeevilllllll.

Instead of launching more arrows at stuff he claps his hands over his ears.

"Oow..."

Therarde
2007-05-20, 06:58 PM
Therarde gets the short end of the stick here.

He is simultaneously clawed, rooted, stunned, and hit by EEEEVIL, and is in a lot of pain.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 07:06 PM
((>.< this isn't going well for our good ol' PC's. That blasphemy's really dangerous apparently))

Vrock number one aims its next claw attack at Therarde's throat.

Vrock number two rushes Nick.

The hezrou grins and goes for a two handed down-swing at Tom's head.

The balor draws its sword and whips flying over the battle field.

The marilith charges Xeni.

Xeni fails to come to and continues to be in a wincing state.

((back in a moment))

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 07:08 PM
Tom drops to the ground, but this is mostly due to the fact that he is having trouble holding himself up, and less because he just got hit on the head. In fact, the blow only clipped him.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 07:10 PM
Seeing as Therarde is almost completely immobile, the vrock probably doesn't have much of a problem clawing him.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 07:15 PM
((Blasphemy and the other aligned versions are called Power Word: Win for a reason.))

Nick manages to regain his composure and back-peddles away from the vroc, launching a single arrow at it as he does. Instead of sticking into the nasty critter the arrow instead splits apart into a rather sizable weighted net.

What's more, anything caught within said net will be exposed to an effect similar to Magic Circle Against Evil. In all likelihood this will keep the ugly vulture thing out of the fight for a while.

The marksmen then wheels around, launching a pair of blessed arrows at the still standing vroc from.

"Hey! No attacking the helpless people!"

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 07:24 PM
Joseph steps out of the shadows of a rooftop near the balor. "Back to the abyss, beast." He quickly loads his revolvers with custom 'demon slayer' ammunition and fires with both at the demon.

It should be noted that Joseph's bullets are heavily enchanted. They are blessed, resistant to magic, enchanted to go much farther than a regular bullet, and are made out of cold iron.

Nevrmore
Ebola and Leprosy look at each other for a moment before shrugging and kicking off the wall, walking over to the battle scene.

"Yo, can we have this dance?" Ebola calls out.

Chaotic Bob
((heh, I'll agree with that))

The hezrou frowns at Tom and elects to try and stomp on his head instead.

Vrock two blinks in complete surprise at the sudden net wrapping around it. The PC's appear pretty good at surprising them.

Vrock one similarly blinks in surprise as the arrows pierce its leg and lower ack respectively. It wheels around to face Nick.
Therarde is probably having bloodloss and breathing problems from that throat attack >.>

The balor drops down behind Nick and swings its sword down at him. The balor's sudden dropping from the sky may result in the bullets missing completely.

The marilith smacks Xeni with the side of her sword and launches him into the air and the waiting maw of the retriever, which quickly begins to scale a building with its still incapacitated prize.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 07:28 PM
Tom slowly comes to his senses as the foot smashes towards his head, and he barely rolls out of the way in time, slicing at the foot with his dagger.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 07:29 PM
Therarde recovers enough to stand up, lift his sword, and stab it into the back of the vrock that clawed him. Note that the blade is enchanted with nothing more than pure rage. He then falls over, leaving the sword in the vrock's back, and barely breathing.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 07:30 PM
Joseph curses and leaps down onto the streets, landing in a roll. He quickly makes his way over to the balor and fires at it once with each gun, standing to the left of the demon.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 07:32 PM
Ebola shrugs at the monsters' indifference, leveling his staff at the nearest beasty (oh, let's say a vrock). He shoots off a large spray of acid at it. Leprosy stands awkwardly still, his bandages bulging ever so slightly.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 07:39 PM
((Triple Simu Oo))

Nicholas hears the tell-tale sound of a giant flame-sword wielding monster hurtling down behind him just in time to leap out of the way heroically! He handlessly cartwheels through the air, launching a barrage of arrows straight through the demon's skull.

The monster falls in slow motion, crashing into the ground with a loud thud.

Then it explodes.

"Oh Nick! You're so dreamy!" swoon a number of babes that come out of nowhere.

Or, at least, he would have liked that to happen.

Instead he takes the sword right in the shoulder, the force driving him to the ground.

Said shoulder is bleeding pretty profusely.

"I hate having to do thisss..." he hisses.

Wait... what?

His form begins to warp and contort in a rather uncomfortable sort of fashion. Fortunately his armor begins to alter shape along with him.

When all is said and done it's obvious why Nick has several animal hit dice. Seriously, what did you expect from someone who follows the patron of good lycanthropes?

He isn't a wolf though. Rebonack had decided that there were enough canid 'thropes already.

Rather, he looks like a couatl (albeit with a human torso), complete with copper feathered wings, shimmering silver scales, and flashing golden eyes. Apparently Rebonack was having fun stacking templates on his animal side.

He winds his coils into a heap below himself and lifts himself up even with, well, about the Balor's chest. Only so much you can do.

Nick points his bladed bow at the demon.

"Ok, thiss should be a fair fight now."

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 07:42 PM
((Okay, so here's the pattern of various posters' characters:

Nevrmore: Has mostly/all characters with mental problems

Vael: Has mostly winged characters

Lykan/Fenric: Mostly, if not all, lupine characters

Rebonack: Main characters are all humans who transform into big old monsters

We should start a club))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 07:48 PM
The hezrou growls at the dagger's sting in its foot and hops away from Tom. It then does the only thing it knows works against the dextrous little bugger. It throws out another blasphemy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blasphemy.htm). >.>

The remaining active vrock hisses as the acid rolls over it, but doesn't react more than that. Instead its turns rushes the now-changed Nick, aiming its claws at his back.

The balor grins and throws a fire storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireStorm.htm) at Nick before trying to twist its embedded and flaming sword.

The marilith turns to the rest of the party and scans the field, looking for a target, deciding on Therarde.

The retriever begins to dart down the street's buildings when Xeni comes to.
What the...? Aw hell.
He squirms fruitlessly and tries to wiggle an arm towards his pockets.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 07:54 PM
((I suppose we can assume that the unenchanted sword did absolutely nothing to the vrock that it is currently stuck in. Understandable.))

Therarde is hit by the second blasphemy. It's actually pretty surprising he's lasted this long, actually. Therarde continues lying on the ground, except now he's convulsing.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 07:55 PM
Ebola grits his teeth as the vrock doesn't seem to notice him.

"I'll teach you to ignore me you-" He says before he is cut off.

"No need, Ebola. I'm ready." Leprosy states. He stretches his arm out, the bandages around it now completely bublous before they finally fly off, floating around the blackened and charred skin of his extremity. Clutching his fist, red light shines out of the crevices in his skin like lava flowing from a volcano. Without a moment to lose, he charges the nearest monster that is not totally preoccupied.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 07:56 PM
Tom decides now would be a great time to fall over on the ground again.
So he does.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 07:56 PM
((O.o
Sorry 'bout that Therarde....getting kind of hard to keep track of every detail. :smallredface: ))

The vrock happens to be suffering nerve damage from the sword and is in fact, unaware that this is slowly killing it.

((Gah! Forgot about warpfire too!))

The bullets pierce the balor, but it keeps a straight face and hides the pain from their holes.

Lord Magtok
2007-05-20, 07:58 PM
Magtok teleports to the Tavern.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 08:04 PM
((Don't forget Fenric with his foxes and Kyrian with his bad-asses that are soft sensitive guys inside.))

Nick, having already snapped his bow into a pair of sabers again, drives one of the weapons into the Balor's blade, in an attempt to force it out of the wound. This is mainly because he would prefer not to have his arm removed.

The flames blast into him, though a goodly portion of the fire simply washes around a barrier a few inches from his scaly hide. Probably because of his spell resistance. Fortunately the same thing happens in result with the word of eeeeeeevil.

He thrusts the second silver blade behind himself in an attempt to transfix the vroc as it closes.

He glances around the battle, dismayed to see how poorly everyone seems to be doing. A Holy Word could probably end the fight, but it would probably slay of few of his new buddies as well.

"Should have sstarted with an alignment sscan..."

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 08:07 PM
((And what about the second series of bullets fired at the balor?

Nevermind, see you dealt with that.))

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 08:08 PM
((I've got Fenric listed with Lykan))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 08:09 PM
((I edited that into the Therarde correction post))

Therarde
2007-05-20, 08:11 PM
((Warpfire, you really need to update your character sheet, what with Nathaniel being dead and all. Sorry if this is a bad time.))

Therarde is lying pretty still on the ground. It's not readily obvious if he's still alive.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 08:12 PM
Joseph leaps high into the air, raining five bullets from each gun in quick sucession down on the balor. His aim is exceedingly precise, as to avoid hitting Nick.

He lands on the other side of the demon, and quickly begins reloading his guns.

((That'd probably be a good idea. But I'm too lazy..

I'll get to it eventually.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 08:17 PM
The vrock sidesteps Nick's sword and aims its claws at his side.

The hezrou frowns and tries to pick Tom up.

The marilith begins to slide towards Therarde, but instead whips around to swing four of its swords at the incoming Leprosy.

The balor wrenches its sword free from Nick and pulls it up to block the bullets. This doesn't really work and only gets one of them. So now the balor has a few holes in it and is looking really unhappy. It utters a blasphemy as well. ((wow...I'm using that a lot aren't I? It is a little realistic though...maybe))

Xeni continues to struggle in the retriever's maw, slowly slipping a small dagger from his pocket. The retriever stops a good ways away from the fight and waits for what's left of the demon's to return after the fight.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 08:20 PM
((Hmm...what if the targeted person doesn't have an alignment? I guess that counts as nonevil?))

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 08:20 PM
Ebola decides to give cover fire, shooting four concussive blasts aimed at the swords as Leprosy reaches the marilith. If he manages to get past the defense, the bandaged man jumps up and attempts to slam his fist into the beast. If that is succesful, the point of impact should rapidly decay and systematically spread around the monster's entire body.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 08:25 PM
Picking Tom up is quite easy at first, but then he starts feebly struggling and trying to roll an squirm away.

Therarde
2007-05-20, 08:28 PM
Therarde suddenly twitches, and his arm slowly moves and grabs the rod he found last night. He holds it aloft.

((Up to Rebo to decide what it actually does-I have no clue.))

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 08:33 PM
((Demons fight to win, not to be fair. Oh, and by the way, here's the template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm)that is most important to keep in mind when considering responses to Nick while he's like this.

As a human he's just a mid-level ranger/scout >.>))

Nick manages to turn one of the Vroc's claw strokes with his saber, though the second blow manages to leave several nasty parallel lines of red on his flank. Fortunately the demon doesn't happen to have silver claws, otherwise that probably would have hurt quite a bit more.

The celestial critter lashes out at the Balor with speed like a striking viper. Which is, of course, pretty appropriate. Two saber slashes, certainly enough to hurt, certainly not enough to kill the thing. Two more sizzle through the air toward the vroc, the blades seeking to bit into demon's defiled flesh with preternatural accuracy.

Nicholas shudders under the effect of the word of EEEEEVIL, but once again his resistance to magic manages to save him. Being paralyzed for a couple of minutes at this point would be very bad.

The rod turns into a giant python and attempts to wrap itself around the nearest demon ((any actions it takes from here on out are up to you.))

Therarde
2007-05-20, 08:38 PM
Therarde arm drops as the python slithers from his hand. The python begins doing various pythony things while his player deadtimes for a little bit.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 08:42 PM
The vrock takes the blows and guess what? Dies.

The hezrou tries to keep its grip on the halfling that is starting to annoy it with his dexterity and tries to crush Tom with its hands.

The marilith frowns and greater teleports back to the roof top, where it surveys the scene. It is not pleased with the results. It is pleased to note that Xeni has been successfully extracted.

The balor great teleports as well, after it takes the sword strikes to its chest. But instead of surveying the scene, it throws an implosion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/implosion.htm) at Joseph.

Xeni manages to squeeze his dagger over and stabs at the retriever with it, but fails to do anything.
Need more leverage...

The python would have gone for the marilith up until it teleported.
The retriever itself continues to wait patiently, having no free will to speak of.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 08:44 PM
Leprosy hits the ground, his fist sinking into the cement.

"Ebola, I missed...I'm sorry." He says, standing to his feet. The bandages dangling off his arm re-wrap themselves around it by themself.

"Awww, god dammit." Ebola says, shooting off several shots infused with fire at the rooftops.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 08:45 PM
Nick glances around the battle, trying to get a good idea of who needs the most help.

Probably Tom, who's about to get mashed.

The marksmen snaps his bow back together and launches a Slaying Arrow at the halfling's captor, aiming to sink the shaft right between its shoulder blades.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 08:45 PM
Tom is quite contrary to the attempted smushing, and barely manages to wriggle into a much less crushable spot as he keeps trying to escape with his very little strength, but far too much dexterity.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 08:47 PM
((Eh, I guess he'll just be uneffected. At least, for this time.))

Joseph grits his teeth as the implosion hits him, but manages to make his fortitude save. He finishes reloading his revolvers, then turns to aim at the balor.

I hate to use these, don't have many...but it is a balor.

"Dismissed." Joseph fires once with each bullet. The bullets glow with red magical energy. If they hit the balor, they should dismiss the balor back to his home plane, unless he resists the effect.

Uberblah
2007-05-20, 08:50 PM
Conrad and Akil walk out of Trog's and head to the beach.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 08:52 PM
Huh, the slaying arrow hits the hezrou. And works. It dies, but somehow keeps its grip on Tom.

The netted vrock begins to struggle against the net, moving it a little.

The marilith ducks under the side of the room, annoyed by Ebola's continued attempts to shoot it.
"We got what we wanted...we should retreat."
This is presumably spoken to the balor who a second later suddenly finds himself back in the Abyss. The marilith curses. No literally curses (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm) Joseph. With a probably significantly reduced DEX stat in all likelihood. Apparently this marilith has taken some class levels.

Xeni stabs at the retriever again, growing frustrated that he can't get a good stabbing angle.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 08:54 PM
Ebola continues firing off shots, changing up the elemental infusion on a whim.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 08:55 PM
Luckily the strength drain wears off around now, and Tom manages to scramble away from the demon, retrieving his rapier and dagger.
He zips over to the netted Vrock and jabs the rapier at its eye.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 09:00 PM
Nick figures that the Halfling will probably manage to squirm his way free from the demon and turns his attention back to the construct he had maimed earlier.

He also notices that the guy who invited them to fight off some demons is getting hauled off by it.

A couple wing strokes later the marksmen is in the air and raining blessed cold-steel arrows on the spidery contraption from the air.

"Hey! Drop him!"

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 09:02 PM
Joseph is fully effected by the curse. Realizing he's not going to be able to aim well with ranged weapons, he holsters his revolvers and considers his options. He decides to use a pair of his patented Demon Hunter Stakes(tm)*, taking one for each of his hands off of the strap on his chest.

The hunter gives the marilith judgmental glare, then leaps onto the rooftop the demon is on. He charges the beast, trying to put a stake in each of its sides.

The stakes are tipped with cold iron, blessed, and resistant to magic.

*Wooden stakes: not just for vampires anymore!

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 09:07 PM
The marilith frowns at the charging Joseph and casually side-ste...slithers away from him. She swings two swords at the side of his body. Not having a particularly grand DEX stat is probably going to make fighting the marilith hard.

The vrock screeches in agony as the rapier pierces its eyes and begins to struggle more against the net.

The retriever holds a few of its legs up to shield it's body against the arrows and hisses at Nick. This opens its mouth just a little and Xeni seizes the opportunity to moves his arm in a better position and slam the dagger into the retrievers head. The result is instantaneous and may take a moment to notice. The retriever is no longer moving.
Thank the gods.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 09:08 PM
Tom decides slitting its throat with his dagger, and ramming his sword into the other eye would be a good idea.
So he tries it out.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 09:09 PM
Ebola growls as the naga avoids every one of his shots.

"Dammit, Leprosy, get in there!" He growls. Leprosy complies wordlessly, hopping onto the roof with little effort. He looks at Joseph for a moment before once more charging the marilith.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 09:11 PM
((Bit of dead time. Brb))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 09:11 PM
((Crappit! I knew I was forgetting someone...aw well, we'll go with what nevrmore said happened...lucky dodging...))

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 09:16 PM
"Sselune, sspecifically," calls Nick from his current position several dozen feet up in the air. He surveys the ground below, noting the writhing vroc and still standing marilith. From what he had seen before the vampire hunter had seemed pretty capable on his own.

He dips back down to the ground and begins to pull Therarde out of immediate danger before placing a hand on his unconscious form and attempts to cure any serious wounds he might have.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 09:27 PM
The marilith turns away from Joseph, spying the tell tale signs of dead time. Instead she turns to face Leprosy and cursing when she sees that the retriever has been dealt with. She looks around, yells at the sky and abruptly vanishes, having absolutely no intention of dying here.

Xeni pulls out another dagger and examines its hilt after nodding at Nick.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 09:30 PM
Leprosy stops as he sees the marilith disappear. He turns around and shouts down to Ebola.

"She's gone!"

"Dammit! Did you at least get a shot in?"

"No...Sorry..."

Ebola curses their inefficiency.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 09:33 PM
Joseph comes out of deadtime. Retroactively effected by the marilith's attack, he curses as his side begins to bleed profusely. "Dammit all..." From the large amounts of blood pouring down his side, it is apparent that an old wound has been reopened. He limps over to the side of the roof, and considers how he's going to get down.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 09:34 PM
Tom assumes the Vrock is dead and pulls out of dead time.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 09:35 PM
After finishing his healing attempt Nicholas sheaths his weapons and decides that it would be a good idea to be human again. Partly because he feels really self-conscious like he is at the moment.

And partly because he finds it creepy still. The whole lack of walking thing is also really odd.

About six seconds of popping, cracking, and squelching later his celestial aura (and snakyness) are completely gone.

The marksmen walks over toward Xeni, glancing up at the frozen retriever.

"So... why are the denizens of the Abyss trying to capture you?"

Then he notices how wounded Joseph is.

"Well damn. I can only cast Cure once per day."

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 09:36 PM
Leprosy, not particularly caring about Joseph, hops down from the roof and rejoins Ebola.

((P.S. Rebo, your description of Nick changing back to a human reminds me of Animal Man, when the anthropromorphic coyote is resurrected after being run over by the semi))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 09:39 PM
((I'm not being to...uh...observant tonight...))

The vrock is indeed dead, just to make life easier. Though it should be worth noting that its thrashing caused the attempt to puncture its other eye to fail.

Xeni casually shoves the new dagger into the retriever, which then collapses into a pile of dust.
Hm? Oh...they kidnapped my foster daughter and I, which I retaliated to. They apparently didn't appreciate my brand of retaliation.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 09:42 PM
Joseph gives a pained shrug. "I'm sure I can...manage.." He feels around inside his trenchcoat, looking for something. "Damn, out of potions."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 09:46 PM
"Well, from what I understand demons don't seem to like people managing to thwart them in general," Nick comments before launching one of his rope arrows onto the roof of the building Joseph is standing on. The rope, oddly enough, takes on the distinct shape of stairs upon landing.

"Just walk down!" the marksmen yells. "They're wider than they look, not to mention sturdier."

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 09:48 PM
((Animal Man was awesome...))

Ebola and Leprosy sit there, listening to the conversation idly.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 09:50 PM
They also probably don't enjoy having part of their plane removed from existance.
He shrugs and puts away his daggers.
They'll hound me for awhile I assume. Sooner or later they might give up. If they don't catch me.
He turns to watch Joseph.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 09:52 PM
Tom runs off and to the room he has in Trog's.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 09:54 PM
Joseph eyes the rope suspicously, then nods and starts making his way down the rope. He glances at Nick and tips his hat. "Thank you."

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 09:59 PM
((I'll admit that I have no idea what you're talking about Nevr >.>))

"No problem," Nick responds as he pulls the arrow free. The arrow, oddly enough, simply ceases to exist. "I've got a pretty minor healing spell I prayed for this morning still ready to use if you need it."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:01 PM
Xeni watches the exchange, suddenly losing the want to talk.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 10:01 PM
((That's a pity, Animal Man deconstructed the entire comic book genre as we know it, and the Wile E. Coyote pastiche is the most famous aspect of the comic. Not to mention that the rethought A-man is solely responsible for the leather-jacket craze of the 80s/90s.

Read about it here: http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/34.html ))

Ebola and Leprosy continue staring on.

Warpfire
2007-05-20, 10:03 PM
Joseph is about to reply when he is caught by the Dead Time Monster, who glares about menacingly before scampering off.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:22 PM
"Huh... that time freezing thing again..."

At about this moment an odd light can be seen on the horizon. Nick blinks at it.

"Wonder what that is..."

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 10:23 PM
"..Soooo....Anyone wanna do anything? I'm up for, you know, whatever."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:24 PM
Xeni tenses as he watches the light, he didn't know why, but he felt he should understand what that was.

sRizzen on a nearby building does understand it and shudders. He then returns to scouting out a potentially useful ally.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:30 PM
"What would make the sky light up like that?" Nick inquires. "Almost like the sun is getting ready to ri-"

KRACOOOOOOM

The rolling sound of the blast several hundred miles away ripples through Town in a rather voluminous fashion.

Nicholas clasps his hands over his ears.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:41 PM
Xeni does the next best thing. He sticks his fingers into his ears. What he says is drowned out by the noise.

sRizzen pokes his head out of a window and shouts just loud enough to be heard if you were right next to him.
Good gods!
Yep, he's got a mouth on him that one.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 10:42 PM
Ebola and Leprosy turn around at the sound. Ebola curses at the noise and the pain it causes, Leprosy just staes on silently.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:44 PM
Nick slowly pulls his hands away from his ear, his arms shaking.

"What in Selune's name was that?" he exclaims.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:46 PM
Limos.
Xeni breathes the words out, not quite knowing how he knew that was Limos.

sRizzen stares off blankly.

Nevrmore
2007-05-20, 10:49 PM
"What about limes now?" Ebola asks, digging in his ears irritatingly.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:52 PM
"That end of the world nut Ilias was talking about?" Nicholas responds, looking quite flabbergasted still. "I suddenly feel that I have even less of a chance to impact the inevitable battle with him than I had thought I would. And I thought this would be pretty one sided to begin with."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:55 PM
That is a lot of power, but I suppose that is to be expected from one who reconstructs multiverses.
Xeni definately is getting involved now, sRizzen or no, he didn't like this.

sRizzen frowns and slips back into the building.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 11:02 PM
Nick decides to go inside and get a drink.

He certainly needs one at this point.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 11:05 PM
Xeni moves over to the roof of Trog's, where he sits and watches the point of the explosion.

After awhile, he frowns and slides off the roof and makes his way into Trog's.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-21, 12:53 AM
Sunn walks out of her apartment, preceded by Lakshmi and quite probably pulling Gabe along with her. She grins at him. It will be nice to relax.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-21, 01:02 AM
Weren't we doing that already? Gabriel grins as she pulls him along.
Where to?
Lakshmi fidgets as she waits for them. A few more cracks suddenly appear in the cobblestones under her feet, but she doesn't notice.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-21, 01:03 AM
Wherever. Lets just walk. She begins to lean on him slightly, wrapping a wing around him incase it is cold.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-21, 01:10 AM
It's actually very hard for Gabriel to get cold, but he smiles as the wing wraps around him. Alright. He lets her lead.
Lakshmi's wings flutter all over the place as she skips.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-21, 01:12 AM
Perhaps we could go to the woods? I like it up there, it's nice. And it will give Lucki a good place to practice flying. She grins at him again, plants a kiss on his cheek, and steers them towards the woods.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 01:52 AM
The shadow teddy flies in from the apartment complex and heads towards the woods in the exact same path Lakshmi and Co. took.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 05:54 AM
a small orange tabby cat pads down the street towards Kyrian's house.

Gwen leaves Kyrian's and goes into the Tavern.

Baeleck
2007-05-21, 12:13 PM
Mychasi is freed from dead time. He sniffs at Nymbryxion and Karaglen in turn.

metakirb
2007-05-21, 12:16 PM
Sentra wanders around, he walks around thinking to himself then heads off to the woods

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 12:39 PM
Jaric leads Catherine out of the SMBR, still holding her hand. He looks at her, "To the Omnishop for supplies?"

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 12:41 PM
Catherine nods.
Of course.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 12:42 PM
Jaric chuckles, "Yes, they have everything." He starts walking in the direction of the Omnishop.

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 12:44 PM
Catherine follows at his side, smiling happily.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 12:47 PM
Jaric politely opens the door for her when they reach the Omnishop.

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 12:48 PM
Catherine goes inside.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 12:50 PM
Jaric follows her inside.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:02 PM
Alena glides over the streets carrying Alex in her arms. She slowly starts to gain altitude.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:05 PM
Alex snuggles up to Alena in her arms.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:11 PM
Alena smiles and cuddles him close as they reach the colder altitudes.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:13 PM
Alex shivers slightly and tries to get as close as possible to Alena for the body warmth.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:15 PM
Alena holds him close, she whispers to him, I love you.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:17 PM
Alex leans up and kisses her cheek "Love you too"

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:29 PM
Alena starts to sing Suzanne Ciani's song, Rain.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:33 PM
Alex sighs and hums along to the music.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:35 PM
Fortunately for them it no longer has it's usual effect....

Alena grins and twirls in the air.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:36 PM
Alex grins as he starts to get dizzy from going round and round.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:38 PM
Here, we'll go the other way... Alena takes off over the Town, flying as fast as she can.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:42 PM
Alex grips on to Alena tighter as she speeds up.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:43 PM
Alena giggles and rolls over a few times in the air as she flys forwards.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 01:47 PM
Alex closes his eyes and grips on even tighter.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 01:47 PM
Alena laughs into the wind and climbs straight up.

Therarde
2007-05-21, 03:39 PM
Therarde recovers from unconciousness, rubbing his head. Ugh...what happened... He notices his sword on the ground, and picks it up, putting it away. He then goes into Trog's.

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 04:32 PM
Catherine comes out of the OmniShop, a pack slung over her shoulder.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 04:35 PM
Jaric follows her, a pack on his back, "So, which way do you want to go?"

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 04:37 PM
Catherine points over to the woods.
Straight out and into the mountains.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 04:40 PM
"Sounds good to me," and waits for her to start walking.

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 04:41 PM
Catherine leads the way, a spring in her step and a cheerful expression.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 04:42 PM
Jaric smiles and saunters after her.

AmberVael
2007-05-21, 04:44 PM
They eventually make it to the woods.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 04:47 PM
Alex rests his head against Alena as she climbs upwards.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 04:49 PM
Alena stops and hovers as she looks around and down at the Town.

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 04:57 PM
Joseph comes out of dead time, and clutches his side with a curse as he realizes he's still bleeding profusely. He takes a brief look around, and starts limping down the street.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 05:06 PM
Alex leans up and kisses Alena on the cheek.

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 05:10 PM
Alena folds her wings and drops a couple hundred feet before flaring her wings out again and hovering, she's grinning.

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 05:15 PM
Alex takes a couple of deep breaths and then looks up "I think I can see my stomach up there..."

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 05:19 PM
I know, isn't it fun? She twirls again in the air, It feels so good to fly.

Nightwing
2007-05-21, 05:21 PM
Come to the sword fighting arena! If you dont know how to fight we can teach you! If you do know how to fight with a sword you can duel others! We also sell swords of vary hie quality at vary low prices!

Hawkeye
2007-05-21, 05:22 PM
Alex smiles slyly up at her "Well I'll get you back later with something just as fun."

wxdruid
2007-05-21, 05:23 PM
I have something fun in mind, she turns towards the beach and spirals down to a landing.

deepsear
2007-05-21, 05:26 PM
A sword, a pack, and a kitten all tumble out of dead time. The owner is nowhere to be seen.

Nightwing
2007-05-21, 05:27 PM
Come to the sword fighting arena! If you dont know how to fight we can teach you! If you do know how to fight with a sword you can duel others! We also sell swords of vary hie quality at vary low prices!

He says this again

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 05:30 PM
Xeni walks out of Trog's and quickly makes his way to the Omnishop.

Nightwing
2007-05-21, 05:32 PM

He says it again, intending to do it until some one goes there.

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 05:33 PM
Warpfire appears and glares menacingly at the man advertising the sword fighting arena.

Nightwing
2007-05-21, 05:35 PM
*The man glares at warp fire and says the thing he always says again*

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 05:35 PM
"En garde!" Warpfire attempts to pierce the man's throat with a rapier that suddenly appears in his hand.

Nightwing
2007-05-21, 05:37 PM
*The man draws his own rapier. He blocks swiftly and attempts to stab warpfire in the stomach*

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 05:42 PM
Xeni steps out of the Omnishop, wearing a new amulet and looking less ill. He raises an eyebrow at the fight and as a result doesn't observe the retrievers stalking on the tops of buildings throughout Town. He shrugs and sits down nearby to watch.

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 05:54 PM
Warpfire parries fluidly, showing suprising skill with the blade for a wizard. He makes a flurry of lightning-quick attacks at the man, aiming for his torso and legs.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 06:09 PM
Xeni raises an eyebrow as dead time appears to settle over the man.
Looks like that fight didn't last long.

The retrievers continue to stalk around, none seeming to take particular note of Xeni, so they're obviously not here for him.

Warpfire
2007-05-21, 06:12 PM
Warpfire sighs and sheathes his rapier into thin air. "Apparently so. Too bad. I was going to enjoy shutting him up." He disappears.

Meanwhile, Joseph continues limping down the street. He seems to be heading for Trog's.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 06:16 PM
Xeni shrugs and looks down the street, where apparently Karaglen was still under the dead time blanket. A breeze flows by and lifts it off.
What now?
Every single retriever in the town suddenly faces in the direction of Karaglen.

Xeni looks at the roofs and carefully tosses another blanket onto Karaglen, pinning it to the ground with an arrow. He then slowly backs into Trog's.

Having once more been thrust into dead time, the retrievers lose track of her and stalk around Town again.