PDA

View Full Version : Orc Politics (IC)

Pages : 1 [2]

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-14, 04:36 PM
Arianelle wanders among the bodies briefly, verifying that they are all dead...and frequently dismembered... Turning away from the bodies, she takes a moment to hold together the torn edges of her gashed cheek and ear and, with a gesture and a word of Celestial, channel a trace of healing energy into it.

Turning back toward the group, she gets an rather too good look at Gaariss's cooking, and takes a moment to throw up in the bushes, missing the kobold's attack.

Burning a light for Cure Minor Wounds

Conners
2007-08-14, 10:17 PM
[roll0] Sizek pulls at the dagger for all he's worth. He tries biting Gauli's hand for an advantage.
As it bites at the dwarf's hand, Gauli swings it to the right and smacks the kobold in the face, hard. It topples onto its back from the blow. [Gauli now has a small dagger. Remember you take a -4 penalty when attacking with it in a grapple.]
Arianelle finds the wound to be totally healed, except for a mark and some soreness which should wear off in a day.

Kioran
2007-08-15, 05:20 PM
Angrily, Thargol tries to deal the Kobold a solid backhand "Some people are a lot more gracious about accepting the fact you´re keeping them alive"

Attack[roll0]
Nonlethal damage[roll1]

Faithdreamer
2007-08-15, 09:06 PM
He felt like he wanted to curl up and go to sleep, if there weren’t things he needed to do he might have. He interrupted Thargol’s backhand slap by shoving his hand away with the hand holding the knife. He just wasn’t in the mood for that yet. “Looks like we’re living in the same world to me.” He said levelly. “You’re a worthy of worship though, so you can enlighten me on how you’d like to be treated.”

Conners
2007-08-15, 10:38 PM
Thargol's attac fails, Gauli stopping the attempt in its tracks.

Sizek looks more stunned then shocked. "Tell you how you treat me?" he echoed. The kobold obviously never considered anything other than scorn from those outside his race. He most likely expects little from his own people. Which is why this, was completely impossible to comprehend.
"Err..." he began, unsure -- before he began on his next sentence a suspicious thought hit his skull. "What you trying to get?" The creature looks even more defensive then moments before, confusion making him insecure.
"I won't betray my tribe for all the gold, or all the torture in the world!" he stated firmly.

Enlong
2007-08-16, 09:01 AM
Krey looks at the white kobold and begins to try to explain. "Look, what you need to understand is that we do not want you to betray your tribe, or anything of the sort. The fight just now was purely self-defense. We do not want to kill you either, so we would much appreciate it if you would tell us how you wish to be treated, so that we do not have to harm or restrain you further. We really just want to continue through the forest."

Conners
2007-08-16, 09:22 AM
Sizek glares at Krey as though the words he speaks are contaminating the air. Then, the kobold seemed to go into a seizure, cursing rapidly in draconic. After a moment, it stopped. It got into the most respectable position the dwarf would allow and attempted to smile a little. "Very well," he said, "here are my terms for letting you through: First, I want you to give back my possessions -- the weapons too. Second, I must be released, along with any other kobolds still alive. Third, stop that da**ed hairy beast from eating the dead ones! And fourth, that doesn't do the talking when I am concerned." The kobold points out Krey as the "that" in the fourth term.
"If you don't agree to this, then the kobolds we meet on the way to the camp will cook you on spits, like he's still doing to those kobolds!" Sizek added.

Enlong
2007-08-16, 12:37 PM
Krey notes the venom in Sizek's voice. Knowing the mutual hatred between their races, he expected nothing else, really. Without speaking back, he places Sizek's bag and spear on the ground, and walks over to Gaariss. "Gaariss, please stop that, and put out the fire." he says, indicating Gaariss' ... culinary handiwork. Shuddering at the smell and the indecency of it, he adds "Please, let's respect his wishes in this, okay?"

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-16, 06:35 PM
Arianelle hurries back to the shouting kobold. The miniature dagger in the erratic dwarf's hand, obviously not his own, takes her aback. That's better than I expected...I said to look for a dagger, too...

When Sizek runs down, she breaks in: "We can't really 'release' the wounded. They ought to recover in time, but they aren't likely to wake up right away. I'm not leaving them half dead, unconscious, and alone in the middle of a forest." She pauses and looks at the kobold with some doubt. "Can you give us safe passage?"

Conners
2007-08-17, 02:07 AM
"Grahg-rah," Gaariss mourns in agreement, putting out the fire.
Sizek considers the human cleric's point. "Make the rug carry them?" he suggested. "Of course I can get you free passage! I'm Sizek, Captain of the kobold heavy infantry!"

After everything is settled, Sizek offers to lead them through the quickest way to the camp, already beginning to walk ahead of the party.

Enlong
2007-08-17, 06:27 AM
Krey follows Sizek, but keeping in accordance to the kobolds attitude toward him, keeps several persons back, so as not to upset the kobold further. He feels for the letter in his breast pocket, hoping that the peace talks would go a bit better.

Bad news all. I'm having my wisdom teeth out today, and do not know whether or not I will be up to using the computer afterwards. I very well may be able to bring myself to use it, but I just as well may be out of it for a while. I hate to ask, but Conners, would you be willing to NPC Krey again, if I cannot play him?

Conners
2007-08-17, 08:57 AM
It's fine. I'll make sure to NPC you if something important comes up while you're away. Good luck!

Faithdreamer
2007-08-17, 10:58 AM
Gauli decided it was best to follow somewhere nearby but not too far off.

Conners
2007-08-18, 09:49 AM
The party continues on, the kobold leading them through the forest.

Sizek then suddenly lifts his arm, catches the branch of a stump and yanks it down. The sound of ropes ripping out of place erupts from around the party, a huge net gather around them. [Everyone make a Reflex save.]

Enlong
2007-08-18, 11:01 AM
Reflex save for Krey [roll0]
Reflex save for Jeff (should I think of a better name?), using standard Riding Dog stats [roll1]

aside: I guess I should've expected this... Well, not this, but some kind of betrayal.

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-18, 12:29 PM
[roll0]

Yes. I have no idea where trusting the kobold became a good idea...

Faithdreamer
2007-08-18, 02:59 PM
[roll0] Reflex Save for Net
We're nice people, aren't we? That means we're nice to people.

Conners
2007-08-19, 06:54 AM
((I'll roll for Kioran to speed things up.... 17 + 3 = 20 ))

Jeff's instincts cause him to dive to the side before the net closes in.
Gauli, near the edge of the trap, manages to sidestep barely in time.
Arianelle and Thargol, having suspected such treachery, leap out of the closing net.
Although Krey did his best to escape the closing net, he hit into Gaariss and it was too late.
"Roo!" Gaariss exclaimed, his heavy form being snapped from the ground.

Sizek looked at a loss. Three of the enemies-- plus their pet --had escaped his trap, and he was too injured to take them all on. Still, his plan held true to circumstance, meaning he ran full-out in the opposite direction of the party, already a hundred and twenty feet of distance in one moment.

((Initiative isn't required. You act in order of posting.))

Faithdreamer
2007-08-19, 08:32 AM
"Roo!"

The dwarf smirked bemusedly at the sound, it reminded him of having a pet dog with a clueless expression at having been outsmarted. He didn't seem to pay any attention at all to the kobold running away. "Let him go." Gauli sighed in resignation.
"I don't want to kill him and neither do any of you."

He felt a little dumb letting things happen like that but he took out his axe.

"How do we get them down?"

Conners
2007-08-19, 09:48 AM
((Faithdreamer: Please remember to actually state things like, "The dwarf studies the area for some way to release his companions." It's sometimes hard for me to discern role-playing from actual actions, so I just thought I'd mention.
You've all been doing great jobs with role-playing by the way :thumbsup:!))

Enlong
2007-08-19, 01:52 PM
"Perhaps if someone has a knife, we could cut a hole in this net?" Krey calls out. He feels incredibly stupid for having trusted the kobold; but what else could he have done in the situation? For all of his faults, and his hatred of kobolds as a race, the gnome is not a murderer. Despite the strength of the net, Krey attempts to worm his way to some kind of opening, in hopes of escaping.

Okay, untrained Escape Artist check, made against the net, which is a DC 20...

[roll0]

Okay, so the dice hate me, no matter. Hey, is it possible to take 20 here? I mean, I'm not being threatened, nor are there any horrible consequences to be had from failing, right?

Faithdreamer
2007-08-19, 07:47 PM
"I'll make small holes then so you can lower yourself without getting hurt." Noting how much trouble he seems to be having Gauli walked closer to find a good place to chop from. He takes small cuts with his axe so he doesn't hurt anyone and tries to make a small enough hole for someone to worm their way through and climb down softly.

MeklorIlavator
2007-08-19, 11:08 PM
At first Mexanis is clearly disoriented, and as the realization of his situation dawns on him, he begins to panic. For a moment he seems to concentrate, and disappears, only to reappear right below the net, crashing to the ground with a paniced shout.
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Uses abrupt Jaunt ability(2 uses left).
Falls from the bottom of the net to the ground, taking appropriate damage, if any.

Conners
2007-08-19, 11:19 PM
Gaariss pushes himself away from the net, allowing Gauli to cut a large split in the net without worry of harming his companions. Split and under more weight then it was intended for, the net-- "Roo!"

Gauli dives just out of the way of the diving gnoll ((rolled an 18 on your save against falling gnolls.)), although he still catches a falling gnome, unintended. Shortly stunned, but not injured, the two of you get up, along with Gaariss and Mexanis (who, yes, is still screaming). Gaariss' weight was more then the net was meant to hold, so it could go up as high as it was meant to, so none of you take any damage from the fall.

The kobold is almost out of sight.

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-20, 04:55 AM
Arianelle is unwilling to chase after the treacherous kobold into unknown forest, and far out of range to try to stop its flight directly. She calls after the reptile with little hope of provoking a response: "Sizek, you betray your people by leaving them with us! Will you leave them here like this? Do they only matter after they're dead?"

She turns her back on the fleeing lizard and, without another glance in its direction, begins checking over the battered diplomats and scattered, unconscious kobolds for new injuries.

Conners
2007-08-20, 06:55 AM
No one is injured to a notable extent.

Realization of Arianelle's words strikes the kobold. He looks back at his kobolds with an expression of utter sympathy. "I won't fall into the hands of gnome-lovers!" Sizek shouts over viciously, "and my warriors won't for long either!--" A smile crosses his reptilian jaw, "--There won't be any beast to help you next time, dirty gnome lovers!" He dashes off with even more enthusiasm then before.

Gaariss looks at the party, unsure of if he should pursue the kobold.

Faithdreamer
2007-08-20, 08:03 PM
"Speak for yourself Sizek, I hate Gnomes." Gauli put his axe away and followed the Kobold with his eyes. "What happens if we hold your men hostage?"

Enlong
2007-08-20, 09:33 PM
"Gauli, I think that's exactly what he's expecting us to do." Krey says with a rather offended air. "I think the best thing to do now is to get moving. I'm certain that Sizek is going to come back with more of his men, and I do not think we want another fight on our hands. We might not be as lucky this time around."
Plus, he thinks to himself, another fight would just make us look worse and worse to those orcs when we finally meet with them.

Conners
2007-08-20, 10:58 PM
Gaariss, hearing the group leader wishes to move out, motions the party to follow him. He picks up all the kobolds and runs through the bushes. Leading you through the forest. A few minutes walking later, he motions you to stop, then pulls back several large plants.

You see kobolds cautiously searching. They wear studded leather armour with a skullcap helmet, a spear on their back and a loaded light crossbow ready in their hands. You can see three.

Faithdreamer
2007-08-20, 11:30 PM
Without even bothering to throw them a second glance Gauli flies through the bushes as fast as he can and keeps right on going - nothing like a 'what was that?' to make your day more interesting. He'd go right through them if he had to but he wasn't spending another minute with that crazy kobold and his suicidal cult.

Overrun attempt if necessary, otherwise a full run action to keep right on going.

Conners
2007-08-21, 12:48 AM
((Let's hope things work out for you guys.....))

The kobolds, shocked at first, manage to react by sidestepping away from the charging dwarf. They raise their crossbows and take aim.

Gauli is ten feet away from the kobolds. The rest of the party are 10 or fifteen feet away from them.

Kobolds' Initiative:
Kobold1: 2+1= 3
Kobold2: 9+1= 10
Kobold3: 19+1= 20

[Roll for initiative. You can act immediately if your roll is greater than the kobolds' rolls.]

Faithdreamer
2007-08-21, 01:04 AM
Shocking things made his eyes go wide but this wasn't as shocking as he might have thought it would be. Too many crossbows in one day had a way of being less interesting.

[roll0] - Initiative

Enlong
2007-08-21, 08:34 AM
Initiative roll [roll0]

OH, guys, I know this is a wierd time to ask, but are we using The Giant's rules (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/dC21fDHZ4tK8n5OjUm9.html) on polymorph? (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/PbpHATjPkec7E82kEmo.html) I ask because I do not want to become the disgustingly overpowered, team-derailing thing that everyone says Druids are at later levels.

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-21, 08:41 AM
[roll0] And I need more text here, so let me simply say eek!

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-21, 09:13 AM
Why would he do that?...Can't leave him out there to be shot down... As the kobolds take aim at Gauli, Arianelle dashes out of the bushes and tackles one of them.

Charge grapple one of the kobolds. If it's possible to tell, the one who acts soonest. If not, the farthest from the group.
Attack [roll0]
Grapple check [roll1]
Damage on success: [roll2] nonlethal

AC vs kobold attacked is 16 (dodge!). AC to everyone else (if the grapple succeeds) is 13, ranged weapons may attack the kobold instead. 15 if the grapple fails.

Conners
2007-08-21, 11:29 AM
Arianelle steps through dry leaves in her rushed attempt to save the dwarf. The kobold she targets, having already expected more enemies to be nearby, spins around and hits her hard with the butt of its crossbow. [Grapple missed. No damage taken from kobold, it only stunned you momentarily.]

Initiative so far:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]

((I'll give Thargol and Mexanis till morning to roll for initiative.))

MeklorIlavator
2007-08-21, 05:58 PM
[roll0]
Ten characters

Conners
2007-08-21, 11:22 PM
((Thargol is last to keep things going.))

A kobold fires its crossbow at Gauli's neck, not noticing Arianelle. [roll0] [roll1]
The bolt strikes deeply into the dwarf's shoulder, throwing him off balance. [3 points of damage. Make a balance check.]

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
Thargol --

It is now Krey Bom's turn.

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-22, 08:53 AM
As the inattentive kobold fires at the dwarf, Arianelle lunges at it and tries to get a hold.

AoO touch attack: [roll0]
grapple: [roll1]
On success: [roll2] nonlethal

At least I'm sucking up the bad rolls...

Faithdreamer
2007-08-22, 01:30 PM
[roll0] - Balance Check

Conners
2007-08-22, 01:51 PM
((I've gotten an ear infection.... Very painful. I'll probably be even more sick in the morning, so I mightn't be posting very often.))

Arianelle starts to tackle the kobold before it fires at Gauli, but the first kobold she tried this with throws its crossbow at the cleric's head, hard. By the time she narrowly ducked out of the way, the kobold had already fired. The first kobold hisses a warning to its allies.
Gauli is slowed to a halt as he tips forward from the strength of the crossbow, but he keeps his balance. Still, the dwarf can feel the stinging pain of the bolt stuck in his shoulder.

Still [B]Krey's Turn.

Enlong
2007-08-23, 05:00 PM
Krey readies his quarterstaff again, and barks out to Jeff, urging him to attack the kobolds as he moves in. He dashes toward the one that fired the shot, and swings the head of his staff at it.

free action to Handle Animal, attack, targeting the kobolds, move action to reach the kobold that fired at Gauli, and standard action to attack.

Handle Animal Roll 1d20+8 (+4 ranks in Handle, +4 for link with the animal)
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Enlong
2007-08-23, 05:03 PM
(Screwed up with the Handle ANimal Check, redoing)

[roll0]

Conners
2007-08-24, 09:24 AM
Waking down hard with your quarterstaff, you knock-out the kobold perfectly. Jeff, however, is distracted by a rabbit, and doesn't hear your command.

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
Thargol --

It is now Mexanis Harik's turn.

MeklorIlavator
2007-08-24, 03:42 PM
Mexanis looks at his dagger, remembering the ease with which the kobold disarmed him, and moves up to the closest tree, hoping to remain unnoticed by the kobolds.

Conners
2007-08-24, 11:08 PM
Jeff pounces at the rabbit, chasing it gleefully.

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
Thargol --

It is now Gauli's Springwheather's turn

Faithdreamer
2007-08-25, 01:11 AM
Wounded and growling at the idea that some trigger happy lizard actually wanted to hurt him Gauli calmly glared at the little creature. His eyes suggested he really wasn't in the mood. "Aaaaaaaaargh!" He puffed up and screamed. "AaAaaaargh!" When he tried to move something screamed in protest, he couldn't understand what it was but it wasn't something good.

Fortitude Save - [roll0]

One of the others? His voice... that was him screaming like that!

Faithdreamer
2007-08-25, 01:20 AM
"Grraaaaaaagh!" His arms was working again!
Walking forward like he was, eerily calm and angry they must have felt something. His hands came up with a purpose when he found the nearest Kobold that wasn't otherwise inconvenienced with unconsciousness or one of the others. As soon as he was near enough he tried to grab a hold of it, if he had the opportunity he'd strangle it to death!

Grapple Check - [roll0]

Conners
2007-08-25, 10:30 PM
((Your grapple bonus is +3 rather than +5. If the 2 extra points were from a charge bonus, then you shouldn't have said "Walking forward".))

Gauli manages to grab the kobold, regardless of the its clubbing him with its crossbow. The lizardling struggles to escape the dwarf's grip, hissing draconic curses. [roll0] [Make an opposed grapple check.]

Gaariss brings everyone's attention to the distance, where dozens upon dozens of kobolds-- crossbow in hand --are searching in the party's direction -- trying to find the source of the dwarf's screaming.

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
Thargol --

It is now Thargol's turn.

Kioran
2007-08-26, 05:39 AM
Assuming battle stance, Thargol methodically moves forward in sweeping halfcricle steps, advancing on the nearest unoccupied Kobold and throwing kicks with foot and heel the Kobolds way.

Move action to close with the enemy without dumping my AC, kick for Non-lethal damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Conners
2007-08-26, 11:49 AM
The agile kobold evades any real damage from Thargol's attack. Still a few bruises and cuts are scored. [Miss.]

Round 2

The distant kobolds' attention is pulled away for a moment by a few mountain lions. Used to such beasts, the kobold spearmen take the front line, their slings throwing stones at the cat. Long-spearmen take the row behind, sending their own missiles. Behind that line, kobold crossbowmen load and fire their weapons. Spearmen and long-spearmen await guard the sides and back, ready to replace any wounded soldiers on the front-lines or surround the lions if they get the chance.

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
Thargol --

It is now Arianelle's turn.

[Announcement: I've decided to use the Giant's rules for polymorph as Enlong suggested. Thanks for reminding me of polymorph, Enlong. :smallsmile:]

Faithdreamer
2007-08-26, 01:17 PM
Opposed Grapple Check - [roll0]

Aggrivated at the gall of the little lizard trying to evade him, Gauli tried to clamp his hands down on it spearheaded by the strange expression on his face, somewhere between slack and tense.

(You're absolutely certain it's only +3? Where would the other +2 have come from? :smallconfused: )

Ulzgoroth
2007-08-26, 02:33 PM
"Gauli, Krey, you need to run. Before they get close enough to see you." Arianelle grabs for the nearby crossbow-kobold again in a desperate attempt to render it unconscious.

grappling again. Touch attack [roll0]
grapple [roll1]
on sucess [roll2] nonlethal damage

If that manages to drop it, she'll move over to threaten the last standing kobold.

Conners
2007-08-27, 09:07 AM
((Faithdreamer: +2 STR modifier, +1 BAB modifier, equals +3 Grapple modifier.
Everyone: Please remember to constantly update your current HP, I can't stress the importance of this enough.))

The kobold wriggles out of the Gauli's grip successfully. It quickly draws the spear from its back and tries to stab through dwarf's defence. [roll0] [roll1]
The spear stabs through the fighter's defence, piercing his armour and engulfing itself in his shoulder. Pain wrenches through Gauli's arm like a thunderbolt as the kobold twists the spear. It quickly removes the weapon to let the wound take its course, blood leaving the dwarf's shoulder in succession. Limpness makes its hold on his arm, taking more than a brief shake to remove the feeling. [2 points of damage.]

Arianelle snatches the kobolds spear-clutching arm perfectly, [roll2] mounting it to her shoulder and slamming it to the ground, unconscious. Unconsciousness, however, is a very strange thing, lasting a very long time in some cases, but ending seconds later in most. The kobold shakes its head, too dazed to know where it was, or what it was at that moment. Feeling the cleric's gripping its arm behind its back, realization of the situation hits it hard -- and it hits Arianelle in the stomach just as hard. [2 damage to kobold. Its hitting you isn't serious enough to do HP damage.]

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3
Thargol --

It is now Krey Bom's turn.

Faithdreamer
2007-08-29, 12:32 AM
Please correct me if I'm incorrect - I've lost 5 hp?

Conners
2007-08-29, 02:52 AM
((Faithdreamer: Yes.))

NPC Krey: Krey, seeing them chasing off the maimed lions (having only lost four of their number), rushes at the nearest kobold in hopes of ending the encounter. "We don't have time to dawdle!" he announces to the party, not loud enough for the large group of kobolds to hear. [roll0] [roll1] Krey, unfortunately, erred in telling the party before charging, for his target heard him and dodged to the side of the blow, causing the staff to land on Gauli's foot. "Sorry!" Krey says quickly as he spins to face the kobold. [Miss. No damage to Gauli.]

Update: Mexanis skips his turn.

Jeff ceases his pursuit of the small brown furry animal, hearing the sounds of battle and of his master's stressed voice. He leaps at the kobold Krey is busying himself with.

Initiative:
Arianelle 22
Kobold3 20
Krey Bom 19
Mexanis Harik 10
Kobold2 10
Jeff 5
Gauli Springwheather 4
Kobold1 3
Thargol --

It is now Gauli Springweather's turn.

Conners
2007-08-29, 01:05 PM
Jeff's Leaping Charge Attack: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Seeing Jeff fly at it through the air, the kobold thrusts its spear at him. [roll3] [roll4]
The dog expertly lands its jaws on the kobold's small neck. Jeff shakes the kobold from side to side harshly -- blood spattering on the grass. [The kobold is downed, only one left.]

Faithdreamer
2007-08-29, 07:49 PM
The Cleric was a breath of fresh air for his tiny world. For the first time in what felt like forever the Dwarf's tunnel vision realized what was going on. He immediately turned around and tried to sprint back into the cover of the trees where most of the others were safely hiding.

Run action back into the trees with the others for cover and hiding.

Conners
2007-08-30, 12:13 AM
((Huh? The others are still in the open fighting the kobold. I think Mexanis is the only one still in the trees.))

The last kobold stops its all-out run to stab at Gauli as he passes. [roll0] [roll1]

It then tries to run for its life, seeing the situation as hopeless. Ducking past the party, it seems it will reach the mass of kobolds with the deadly information of where you are, sentencing you to certain death. An axe swings out of a bush the kobold was passing. A furry, clawed hand reaches out, snatching the kobold-- and its head --into the foliage. Gaariss quickly moves out of that same bush towards the diplomats. He lifts up the other two injured kobolds and throws them each into their own bush. One of the kobold's landing disturbs the rabbit, which bounds past the group at full-speed, tempting Jeff to chase it -- were it not Gaariss had his tail.
The Gnoll Ranger motions you to follow him quietly back into the trees.

Encounter Finished ----- Victory
7 EXP for each member other than Mexanis (he didn't participate in the battle), 3 EXP for Jeff.

Everyone Roll Move Silently and Hide checks if you want to avoid encounters.

MeklorIlavator
2007-08-31, 07:50 PM
H:[roll]1d20[roll]
MS:[roll]1d20[roll]

MeklorIlavator
2007-08-31, 07:51 PM
Mexanis moves with surprising stealth, replicating the rangers moves quite well considering his nature.

H:[roll0]
MS:[roll1]

Faithdreamer
2007-08-31, 11:43 PM
Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]

He really wasn't in the mood for this running alongside Mexanis as he was. Whatever got them through the forest without more killing worked for him he didn't suppose he could walk by calmly. He took extra care not to step on anything that might snap, hoping he wouldn't give them away so there weren't any more scuffles.

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-01, 12:05 PM
hide: [roll0]
move silently: [roll1]

Armor check penalties...

Conners
2007-09-02, 10:39 AM
The party passes through the woods unhindered. Though barely, they avoid a few kobold scouting parties. Coming out of the woods, they see a tall palisade. Parts of it look crude and weak, any sort of wood the builders could find being tied together with messy knots of thick rope -- other parts look redone, fine strong timber curving perfectly with its adjacent piece, fine rope intertwining perfectly with the structure, with strips of iron holding it firm. Even arrow nooks have been added to along the wall, figures moving past or standing directly in front of what the group might view.
The spikes of several helmets march up and down the top of the wall, presumably belonging to orc sentries. Similarly, many small spears raise from the sight-blocking wall -- barely reaching the helmet-spikes' height, regardless of the angle's tale that they are being held straight upward.

As the group nears, they find three orcs walking towards them from the direction of the camp -- though they hadn't seen the humanoids a moment before.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z154/Gnorian/Girack.gifThe first orc, at the head of the group, rubs his large chin curiously as he looks over the emissaries. The orc's face is incredibly scarred, though his sharp yellow eyes are the dominating feature of his face. A shining chain shirt adorns the orc, his dark-grey iron boots and legging clashing horribly with its splendidness. Black and grey hair is tied well back from his face, almost covering the longbow and its quiver of arrows, from view. His great maw-like mouth cracks into a large grin as he starts walking forward again, his great axe slung easily on his shoulder.

To the first orc's right is another orc. This one is slightly taller and finner than the norm, his tall helmet only escalating the feature. The orc's face has no notable features-- except maybe to an orc --beside being completely bald and two, long ascending tusks, reaching to above his nose. The orc shakes his head to dislodge his large copper nose-ring from his left tusk, forcing him to straighten his helmet. On closer inspection, one might find the chain shirt, helmet and tabard-- along with the complementing pieces --to be very similar to the equipment of the Anurian city scouts, the only difference being the added spikes to the shirt and bad condition of the armour. The tabard in particular, though dyed red and painted with the orc tribe's symbol -- has light faded marks, once detailing a horse rearing in front of a large city.... the symbol of Anur.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z154/Gnorian/Gorgu.gifA third orc steps out to the first's left from behind the two. This one is very small for an orc, and even more slender than the second. Deep-purple eyes looks nervously from each companion to the other, his blueish-green skin tensing with worry. The third orc-like humanoid's cape flaps from side to side as he quickly looks behind him, his chain shirt rattling. Pointed ears come into your vision before he turns back -- such a feature has never been seen in orcs. The creature's ponytail hair is brought back even further than the first orc's to what would seem a painful degree. The frail looking creature strokes his hair nervously his other hand clasping past the dagger on his belt to a longsword's hilt.

"Greetings...... friends," the first orc says, an ear-to-ear grin spreading across his face. "Would you, if you in no way offends you for me to ask such a question, happen to be the emissaries -- the ones dear Baron Reldir promised to grace our camp with?" The orc, weirdly enough, sounds completely sincere in every word.

((Thanks once again to Lord_Herman for drawing these wonderful OotS style portraits.))

Enlong
2007-09-02, 02:05 PM
Krey Bom

Krey addresses the first orc's question, bowing slightly as he speaks. "Yes. We are the diplomats you speak of. The Baron charged us with talking peace with your tribe, as well as delivering a letter to the chief of the tribe. Are you he?" As he speaks, Krey focuses on guarding his tone and words, trying not to accidentally say something to offend the orcs.

Faithdreamer
2007-09-03, 03:54 AM
Gauli kept his eyes downcast and tried to seem unassuming. If these Orcs wanted a fight he wasn't going to give them one.

Conners
2007-09-03, 09:59 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z154/Gnorian/Girack.gifThe first orc smiles impossibly wide. "Nay," the first orc answers. "I am the Chieftain's brother, Girack.
"And, I'm afraid-- please let me give my most sincere apologies to any inconvenience this may cause you --, I must kill you. Be assured I will take not even the slightest bit of pleasure in this transaction, and I will render the event as painless as my axe shall allow -- presuming you will remain still." He steps forward menicingly, sounding as though he truly means what he says, but his expression of pure joy giving the exact opposite impression.
The orc wearing Anurian style armour steps forward with similar glee at the idea of killing. His thin lips crack into a smile, revealing his sharp, dirty teeth.
The small orc-like creature smiles weakly, still too nervous to revel in the presumed death of the emissaries.

Initiative: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
((Everyone roll for initiative))

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M A I
###### K O
## ## T G S
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.
((You all managed to heal and regain your spells in the time to get here.))

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-03, 10:48 AM
initiative [roll0]

MeklorIlavator
2007-09-03, 10:59 AM
[roll0]
Can I assume that Mexanis would have changed some spells to a more combat oriented nature?(Switch Mount for Enlarge Person)

Kioran
2007-09-03, 04:01 PM
Hastily, Thargol tries to fall into stance, lowering legs and extending his left hand.....

Initiative: [roll0]

Enlong
2007-09-03, 05:26 PM
Initiative Roll [roll0]
Spells Prepared for the day:

Flare, Flare, Cure Minor Wounds
Shillelagh.

Faithdreamer
2007-09-03, 07:21 PM
Gauli shook his head as he gave a very deep sigh, he didn't realize his muscles had tensed yet.
[roll0] Initiative

Conners
2007-09-04, 12:42 AM
Surprised by the sudden betrayal of the polite Girack, the orcs strike first.

The tall humanoid drew his longsword and charged at Arianelle, taking sick joy in the idea of slicing a woman's flesh. He ignores Krey however, thinking the gnome barely a factor to the battle and leaving himself open to a passing attack. [AoO for Krey] The longsword lifts into the air, cutting downward in a wide arc. [roll0] [roll1] The cleric shows no fear to the orc, taying perfectly still till the weapon sped down. She steps diagonally away from the powerful strike at the last moment, no injuries besides losing twelve hairs.
The small orc-like creature, meanwhile, draws a shorbow and fires at the dwarf -- thinking it best to take out the party's presumed best warrior. [roll2] [roll3] The arrow strikes into the inactive dwarf's chest, his armour saving him from a fatal wound. The arrow vibrates steadily, jerking nerves and causing the dwarf to wince. [2 points of damage to Gauli (everyone remember to update you HP constantly).]

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M AI
###### K O
## ## T G S
# ###
#####

Initiative:
Tall Orc 19
Small Orc-like-creature 17
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Krey's turn.

Enlong
2007-09-04, 10:29 PM
As the orc passes Krey by, he makes sure to earn the orc's attention, taking a passing swing at the orc's side with his staff.

Krey notes quickly that, personal pride at being ignored aside, he'd better get out of range of the orc he just attacked, and prepare for further battle. He shuffles just out of range, though never turning his eyes away from Girack. Well, if you want a fight, you'll get one. He thinks, his anger at the betrayal tempered by his understanding that death should be avoided, for the sake of the mission. With that in mind, he channels magical power into his quarterstaff, which gives off a shimmering brownish glow, once again primed for battle.

Ok, attack of opportunity against orc "I" [roll0]

Taking a 5-foot step backwards to avoid provoking AOO, which positions me directly under "A". Casting Shileilagh on my quarterstaff, giving it a +1 bonus, and treating it as Medium Size for a full minute (that's 10 rounds)
Krey would decide to try not to kill the orcs in the name of the mission, right? I mean, it's not out of character?

Conners
2007-09-05, 03:49 AM
((Krey's Damage roll: (1d4) [1]))

Krey hits his staff into the orc's ribs. The only reaction is a mocking laugh, for the blow leaves little more than a bruise on the towering creature. [1 damage to tall orc.]
Krey quickly steps back to behind Gauli and casts his spell ((remember that you still have diagonal reach)).
Girack watches the struggle amused, deciding to take up a defensive position and let his allies do the fighting -- for now.
Jeff, growls angrily when he sees the nasty orc try to hurt the nice person who healed him. He springs up at the orc, aiming for the unarmoured neck. [roll0] [roll1]

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M AI
###### K O
## ## T G S
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Tall Orc 19
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Spell: Shileilagh, 10 rounds.

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-05, 03:03 PM
Arianelle flinches away from the poweful axe stroke and grabs for her sickle, sheathed here on the brink of what she had taken for safety after the kobold-filled forest. Can't give him a chance to do that again... She slashes at the orc, too focused on the ending this before that axe head winds up in someone to worry about why this is happening.

draw sickle, attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Dodge against the tall orc.

Conners
2007-09-06, 02:01 AM
The Tall Orc pulls back his longsword for a deadly thrust. Arianelle, finding it too late to back off, continues here strike. The weapons meet, the sickle deflecting the longsword enough for it to only scave the cleric's shoulder -- but the sickle trails along the sword and the arm holding it, leaving a deep gash. The orc cries in agony, just barely having the sense to keep his weapon and unerving the orc-thing. He quickly swaps the sword to his left hand, still growling in pain. The two once again begin excanging unfruitful blows. [You deal max damage to the orc, crippling its arm for 1d4 rounds: [roll0].] ((Nice work :smallbiggrin: ))

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M AI
###### O
## ## TKG S
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Tall Orc 19
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Gauli's turn.

Spell: Shileilagh, 10 rounds
Wounds: Tall Orc, R-arm crippled 3 rounds.

Faithdreamer
2007-09-06, 02:22 AM
Gauli barely noticed what was happening in all this new commotion while he was busily ignoring it. He didn’t want to do this, if anyone needed proof his face and bearing would have been more than enough. He loosened his axe, noticing now how heavy it felt in his hand and deciding he didn’t want to swing it. After a few calm, short steps he was standing next to the tall Orc.

“I’d rather we ran from here and returned later,” Boredom? “But if you want,” He remarked in a broken, raw sounding Orc language. “I can cut you and go inside after you’ve started bleeding to death.”

EDIT: Drawing a weapon is a standard/move action, right?
So I deleted my attack roll (it was 15) and just said that he unsheathed his axe and moved over to the tall Orc to prepare for attack.

Conners
2007-09-06, 09:48 AM
((I'm afraid on an official basis I'll have to roll your attack again, since I didn't see the original.... Nat20, critical threat + automatic hit. 16, Critical success. 6, 5 and 8 = 19 damage..... Wow :smalleek: .....))

The orc growls in his throat, slashing the longsword down at the "arrogant dwarf". Gauli's axe catches the blade under its axehead, the dwarf removes the sword from the orcs hands with once quick whirl. The Tall Orc hesitates a moment, clutching his injured wrist -- long enough for an axe to crash through his chain shirt and collar bone, arching down to cut the orc as Gauli had threatened. The orc's mouth opens wide as he falls to the ground, too dead to say any protests. ((Good work!))
The smaller orc-creature whimpers in fear as it remembers how he had shot this awesome(the old sense, as in filled with awe) dwarf. He scans around, considering a retreat may be quite beneficial. Girrack shakes his head-- still smiling --and mumbles what sounds like a mournful, saddened prayer -- but his smile still remains. "Alas, dear Graagdush, I knew you well," He said, his tone and expression still complete opposites. "I shall never forget you, dearest friend -- and I will see I avenge you by killing these guests of ours." Girrack turns up and flashes the emissaries another wide grin. "If none of you have any objection, and are in every way prepared, then shall we begin our fight?"

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M Ax
###### O
## ## TKG S
# ###
#####
M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 10 rounds

Kioran
2007-09-06, 03:42 PM
Finally springing into action, Thargol takes a hasty look around, but with the most likely target already disabled, there´s a moments confusion. Then, his eyes narrowing, he surges forward, in a mad dash, along the right sides of Gauli and the Gnome, heading for the small, ork-like creature. Almost running past it, he spins around only a second before reaching it, trying to land a solid grab on the creatures clothing..

Trying to head past Krey and Gauli without provoking an AoO from Girack, in an attempt to seize the small orc and bring him into a Grapple
Touch attack[roll0]
Grapple Check[roll1]

Conners
2007-09-07, 01:52 AM
Girrack shrugged as Thargol passed, thinking he'd let one of his kin live a little longer. The orc-like creature showed the agility of an elf, diving past the monk and coming up in a roll behind him. He quickly began to draw a shortsword, his face turning a paler still, green.

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M Ax
###### G O S
## ## K T
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Mexanis' turn.

MeklorIlavator
2007-09-07, 02:07 PM
Mexanis reaches into his his spell pouch, pulling a wad of pig fat out. In a clear voice he yells out the arcane words, feeling the power leave him.
Porcarii arvina

Grease on Girack, with him in the lower left corner of the spell. Like so(blue area is greased).[save DC is 16]

### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M Axp p
###### G O p S
## ## K T
# ###
#####

Conners
2007-09-08, 04:31 AM
((Sorry for not posting. I got spirited off to work beofre I could finish :smallfrown: )) [roll0] Girrack falls to the ground, laughing all the while. He shrugs from his position and complements Mexanis on his choice of spell. "The only problem with it, dear mage-friend, is that you've quite possibly singled yourself out as the first person I'm going to kill, unfortunately....." He smiles at the wizard frighteningly.

Round 2

Thargol's opponent sends a quick stab, being careful not to put himself in peril. [roll1] [roll2] The cowardly orc-creature shows a surprising amount of strength for its build, the chops of its sword stronger than most soldiers'. One blow throws the monk slightly off balance, allowing his enemy to score his arm. Assured the half-orc would not be able to strike back at him, the cowardly monster stabs home, scoring the dodging target's side, deeply. [7 points of damage to Thargol. :smalleek: Man that stings.....]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Krey's turn.

Enlong
2007-09-08, 10:04 PM
Krey skirts around the edges of the grease, and gets into ample range to strike at Girack. He swings his quarterstaff, leaving a brown trail behind the head, and aims for the ribs, his favorite target in battle, though hoping at the same time that the strike does not kill the orc.

Move action to get within range of Girack, avoiding any Greased squares.
Attack roll against Girack [roll0]
Damage roll with Shileilagh [roll1]

Conners
2007-09-08, 11:17 PM
Girrack effortlessly blocks the oncoming blow with his great axe. He then begins to raise, allowing Krey to strike at him again. [AoO on Girrack.] He then smiles at the gnome, and says, "All of you try your best to hit me." He goes into a combat stance.
Jeff meanwhile, smells the blood leaking from Thargol's side -- and although he wants to help his master fight the orc, he doesn't like the smell of the grease and figures his master can handle himself better anyway. He charges at the orc-creature, growling in his throat. The frail looking creature squeals in fear as it saw the dog leap towards his throat. [roll0] [roll1] The orc-thing stabs at Jeff, forcing him to change his course or be impaled. Although he misses the orc's throat from the maneuver, he claws the enemy's face and bits hard into his shoulder. The orc-creature screams and slashes vigorously at the wolfhound, the scratches he causes in Jeff's hide not severe, but forcing the dog to jump away before the monster regains enough sense to make a more proficient stab. [The orc was hit.]

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M Ax pp
###### G Op S
## ## K T
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest. p/"Blue" = greased area.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-09, 01:30 AM
Arianelle looks at the horribly wounded and quite obviously dead body of the orc Graagdush with dismay, and shoots a glare at the dwarf. Hiding half the time when we need him, then this butchery... The mad orc who started this is back on his feet, though. Catching the little wooden symbol hanging from her wrist in her left hand, she holds it up. "Light, be with us..."

Casting bless (should get everyone, even Jeff). +1 attack rolls and saves vs. fear for a minute (morale bonus).

Dodge is vs. Girack

Sword->axe, wrong speech color...I fail the use brain check on that last post...

Conners
2007-09-09, 07:03 AM
Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Gauli's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 9 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 10 rounds.

Faithdreamer
2007-09-10, 08:52 AM
Glaring right back at the Cleric for a few seconds is all the Dwarf can manage before his face cracks into a wild ear-to-ear grin that shines on the polished surface of his axe. Ruthless glee echoes between his gasping laughter, he parts the air (and maybe a skull) with his blade like he's driving a nail in the ground with the sharp edge while Girack is unable to defend himself. Whether that hits any flesh or not, he twists his body and hauls the axe back up after it's done for a second attack from earth to sky. He didn't stop laughing for the Chieftain's brother to bark over his voice.

Down Cut - [roll0] - Damage [roll1]
Up Cut - [roll2] - Damage [roll3]

Conners
2007-09-10, 10:11 AM
((Your dwarf doesn't get two attacks.
Everyone remember to add the bonuses from bless to your attacks.
Also, by request, here's an OOC thread so that you can chat out-of-character about the game, or just chat in general to get to know your fellow players: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3171626#post3171626))

Gauli's downward attack is easily intercepted by orc's weapon. Girrack shakes his head, "Oh no, master dwarf, you will need to try much harder than that to hit me," he says, smiling.

Formation:
### ###
# ##### J
# ## # M Ax pp
###### G Op S
## ## K T
# ###
#####

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Kioran
2007-09-10, 10:33 AM
Gritting his teeth through the pain, Thargol attempts to refocus, lifting his right leg slightly and searching for an opening in his opponents cover. He then slams down his leg forcibly near his opponents foot hoping the diversion created suffices, unleashing a series of blows and kicks.

Status: Hp 2/9, AC 14. Attacking for nonlethal damage, first attack stunning.
Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Attack 2[roll2]
Damage 2[roll3]

Conners
2007-09-10, 10:10 PM
((Hey guys, guess what: I've gotten sick again. I'll try to keep posting but the computer hurts my head, so don't expect me to be able to post every day.))

The goblin-orc, manages to avoid the flurry of punches, only being bruised slightly by the ones that barely hit him.
The grease soaks into the ground, the stuff covering Girrack seems to simply disintegrate. The Chieftain's brother grins at Mexanis, over Gauli and Arianelle. He gives a salute to the wizard while still grinning then turns down to Gauli. "Now, if your culture does not consider this a rude question: Should I kill you, Master Dwarf?" he asks curiously.

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M Ax J
###### GO S
## ## K T
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Mexanis' turn.

Conners
2007-09-12, 02:38 PM
((So as to keep things moving, we'll say Mexanis was to paralysed in fear of what the orc might do to him to act. Now, let us continue.))

Round 3

The orc-thing, seeing the vicious dog, and not doubting the strength of his supposed kin, he whistles loudly. A steady trot can be heard not far away, but not the the sound of a horse's hooves. He smiles weakly, as he listens to the steady approach. Realizing it would take a while for whatever is coming to arrive, the orc-thing withdraws with as much speed as keeping his guard up will allow.

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M Ax J
###### GO S
## ## K T
# ###

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 10 rounds.

Enlong
2007-09-13, 04:39 PM
Krey, continuing his efforts in knocking out Girack and ending the fight, is even more urgent as he hears the steady beat. He moves closer to Girack, and swings his quarterstaff at the orc's leg.

Moving 5 feet toward Girack.
Attack Roll with Shileilagh'd, Blessed quarterstaff [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]

edit: crap.

Conners
2007-09-13, 08:18 PM
Although Krey hits Girrack's legs squarly, with iron legging and boot he easily shrugs off the blow.
The orc ponders what to do for a moment, then smiles, turns swiftly and lines Krey with the flat of his axe. [roll=1d12+4 ((I'll use Invisible castle for these.)) Krey narrowly dodges the flat of the large axe, but he senses that he'd be in a coma, or worse, if one of the orc's mighty blows meet with him. [Missed, barely.]
Jeff, stopping long enough to see the attack on his master, growls ferociously and charges resolutely at the orc. [roll0] [roll1] Girack's eyes shut for only a moment in the pain of the dog's teeth around his arm. He smiles again, and bites Jeff's neck. The dog whimpers and jumps away from the orc, growling at him a moment after landing -- and ready to plunge at his throat once again. [Hit, 8 points of damage.]

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M Ax
###### GOJ S
## ## K T
# ###
#####

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Faithdreamer: Do you want me to kill off Gauli, or to have non-violently removed from the campaign?

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-13, 11:40 PM
Arianelle pauses a moment, then advances over the body and cuts at the now bloody-mouthed orc.

Taking a charge if possible, otherwise move and attack. Attack [roll0] (+2 if charge), damage [roll1]

AC 18 vs Girack, 17 others (-2 if charge)

Conners
2007-09-14, 12:22 AM
Girrack's axe swings behind him, deflecting Arianelle's slash and forcing her a step backwards. [Miss.]

Formation:
### ###
# #####
# ## # M A
###### GOJ S
## ## K T
# ###
##### M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle, dead Graagdush. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Gauli's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 9 rounds.

Faithdreamer
2007-09-14, 05:01 AM
Gauli’s only answer is a chorus of crazy undulating laughter bubbling through his toothy skull-faced ear-meets-ear smile. Squinting his once clean dark eyes so his gaunt cheeks are raised in good humor jubilance overtakes his body and he plants his feet, swinging his razor-edged axe and screaming:
“Heave!”
[roll0] – Axe Cut [roll1] - Wound
(Does that mean he gets a flanking bonus with Jeff on the other side?)

Kioran
2007-09-15, 01:53 AM
"Not yet...." the Half-Orc mutters under his breath. setting his feet to the ground, he lunges forward, behind the small, Orc-like creature, and tries to land a solid kick to the neck.....

Attack with Bless and Charge: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Conners
2007-09-15, 03:49 AM
Girrack grimaces in pain with the blow of the axe. He turns to give the dwarf another polite smile. "You might be regretting that," he said playfully. [10 damage to Girrack.]
Edit: The goblin-creature turned back just before Thargol reached him. The creature jumped to the side of the half-orc path, warding off any other attacks with the shortsword he held.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Mexanis' turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 9 rounds.

Conners
2007-09-17, 06:40 PM
((NPCimg Mexanis till the end of combat.))
Mexanis begins to wonder about the goblin-orc. Girrack was obviously being dealt with quite well, but the other creature may very well bring reinforcements.... And where's Gaariss? The wizard runs over to within range, and casts a ray of frost at the fleeing goblin-thing. [roll0] [roll1]

Round 4

The orc-creature's terror-struck face lightens visibly when a worg charges suddenly towards it. The beast stops a few feet short of the goblin-orc, allowing him to mount. The worg shows obvious signs that it will bite at Jeff or Thargol if they try to stop the mounting humanoid. [Attack-of-Opportunity for Thargol and Jeff, but the worg might get involved in the fight if you do.... It's Krey's choice whether Jeff attacks.]

Initiative:
Orc-like-creature 17
Krey 16
Worg --
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
NPC Mexanis

It is now Krey's turn.

Kioran
2007-09-19, 03:11 PM
Thargol takes a half-step away, eyeing the creature suspiciously, but, thus far, avoids a direct confrontation.

I forego the AoO

Enlong
2007-09-20, 05:11 AM
Krey motions to Jeff, communicating to the dog to stand down for now.
is this a Handle Animal check? if so: [roll0]

Conners
2007-09-20, 10:21 AM
Jeef stops short of the worg, rather upset to forgo the challenge. The goblin-orc rides his mount quickly into the distance, showing no signs of planning to return. [Goblin-orc has left combat.]
Girrack turns to face the dwarf, the chops horizontally downward, the sharp of his axe facing the dwarf. [roll0] [roll1] The axe cuts steadily through Gauli's shoulder and continues through to his chest. Girrack quickly pulls the axe free, watching the dwarf fall injured to the ground. [15 damage to Gauli. Since the site with his sheet is down, I'm not sure about his current status.]
Jeff tries to bite the nasty orc once again. Attack - (1d20+3)[17] Bite - (1d6+3)[7] Jeff lands against the orc's lower back, trying to sink his teeth through the chain shirt and into the fighter's kidney. Girrack spins around almost before the dog even lands, smacking the beast with the handle of his axe and sending it to the ground before it can do any damage. Jeff manges to shake off the blow, it more propelling him then doing proper damage. He growls indignantly, but gives a hurt whimper when he sees the dwarf lying on the ground near death. [7 damage to Girrack.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-20, 07:50 PM
(If I'm counting right, Gauli's taken 17 damage so far between this and the arrow. He ought to still be alive, at least.)

The dwarf's sudden collapse is shocking, both in its suddenness and in that his squat form still shows signs of life. Arianelle makes a quick pass with her left hand and reaches out to touch Gauli. "Light keep you..."

That done, she steps forward to threaten the mad Girack.

CLW for [roll0].
5-foot step to the right.
AC 18

Conners
2007-09-22, 07:06 AM
Gauli feels death's chill leave him with almost uncomfortable suddenness. His entire body screams at him in pain for a few agonizing seconds, but then he feels his muscle regrow and wounds close. [Gauli is now at 4 HP, and is prone.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Gauli's turn.
((Remember that you may encounter an Attack-of-Opportunity if you try to get up.))

Faithdreamer
2007-09-22, 07:41 AM
He didn’t even feel the change. He was blinking his eyes trying to force himself to stand again when he realized he didn’t have his axe. Fumbling to find the handle another growl jumped from him. “Grraaargh!” He kicked the ground back down again and hacked at something, he couldn’t see the black world but if he stopped moving he was dead.
Attack on Girack – [roll0]

Conners
2007-09-22, 09:56 AM
((So you stood up? I'll assume you did.))

Girrack blocks the brave dwarf's axe with his own, forces the fighter back on one foot, and brings his axe back for a quick strike. [roll0] [roll1] Although the Gauli blocks out most of the orc's blow, but still the axe continued on -- stabbing lightly through Gauli's chain shirt and into his stomach. Had the axe advanced much further, the dwarf surely would be dead, but still the wound forces the brave dwarf back to the grassy floor. He tastes his own blood filling his mouth, vomits, and passes into a painful half-conciseness. [Gauli takes 8 damage. He is down to -4.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Kioran
2007-09-23, 12:19 PM
Hmmmm.....luck might not have been with him that day, but he, thought, courage had not yet deserted him. Gritting his teeth through the pain in his wounds, Thargol closed with the hulking orc, snarling, in orcish.

"Delivering death is calling it´s attention upon yourself as well. You would slay us, and yet......"

Thargol went into a series of short jabs, all at openings Girack closed simply thorugh moving, before he lunged into the final, powerful thrust, locking his entire body behind the punch.

Normal move action to close with Girack, followed by an attack
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Conners
2007-09-23, 09:17 PM
Although the majority of Thargol's attacks get through, Girrack's axe and chainshirt prevent any of the more deadly punches, including the last most powerful thrust. Girrack smiles. "Very nice try," he offers politely, sarcastically if you look at his face. "You did very well I assure you."

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Mexanis' turn.

MeklorIlavator
2007-09-24, 04:17 PM
Mexanis
The Orcs words had frozen Mexanis in fear, but when he saw Gauli struck down, the same who had protected him from the Kobolds, he snaps. Yelling the words of power, he shoots his palm forward, and a icy blue ball seems to fly from it to Girack.
"Fortana Frigidus!"

Mexanis moves down 5 feet so that Gauli's unconscious body is in a line with Girack.
Cast Orb of cold
Make a silent prayer to thew dice gods...
touch Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll]1d8[roll]

Conners
2007-09-25, 10:38 AM
Jumping sideways at the last moment, Girrack dodges the majority of the orb. What little cold does get him he manages to shrug off with no damage. [Miss.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 7 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 8 rounds.

Enlong
2007-09-25, 05:50 PM
Krey moves forward to continue putting the pressure on Girrack. He trots so he is within range of the mad orc and swings for the ribs with his enchanted staff.

Attack Roll with Shileilagh'd, Blessed quarterstaff [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]
Wow. Just wow. Clearly I failed some kinda diplomacy check, 'cause these dice hate me!

Conners
2007-09-25, 11:49 PM
((I understand how you feel..... real-life dice can do that to you as well :smallfrown:.))

An axe handle swings to behind Girrack, smacking into the quarter staff and almost forcing Krey to the ground. Looking around thoughtfully, he wonders who he should kill first. He looks down at the injured dwarf, licking his lips. "I give my utmost apologies," he says, laying a foot on Gauli's chest and liftying his axe over his shoulder, "but this just has to be done, I'm afraid I couldn't have it any other way....." The orc lifts his axe even higher for a killing blow. Barking echoes behind him!
"Rauf, rauf! GRRRR!" Jeff growled, trying to distract the orc from attacking his master's companions. At the same time, he pounced headlong at Girrack, his teeth and claws ready to land on the enemy's throat. He never expected the Fighter to retaliate so quickly.
Without a second's hesitation, Girrack spins around, his axe swinging with him. He had no intention to finish the dwarf off while so heavily surrounded, but wanted to get rid of the annoying dog which had done him so much harm. [roll0] [roll1] The axe hits Jeff almost squarely -- gashing his side terribly and leaving the poor beast's head with a wide crack. A heart-wrenching squeal emits from the dog as it is struck to the ground. Jeff continues to whimper as he tries to rise to his feet. [Jeff is hit. He takes 15 damage and is now at -2 HP.]
[roll2] [roll3] [Knocked to negative HP before the attack could be made.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 8 rounds.

Ulzgoroth
2007-09-26, 06:46 AM
The dwarf is down. Again. Not so badly hurt this time, but down. And the dog...and the axe to keep them there.

Arianelle carefully maneuvers herself out of reach of Girrack's axe, then turns to face the orc. With a furious left-handed gesture, she declaims "Know the Light's power, and tremble!"

5-foot step back left, casting Cause Fear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/causeFear.htm). DC 13 will save or be frightened for d4 turns, shaken one turn on save.

Conners
2007-09-26, 10:35 AM
[roll0] Girrack acts as though he is very frightened. It seems as though he is trying to spare the cleric's feelings for the fact her spell didn't work -- but his honest, good natured voice is disgustingly hollow if you look at the sarcastic, wide grin.

Gaulis is now at -5 HP.

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
[S]Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds.

Kioran
2007-09-26, 11:54 PM
Furious, Thargol starts to heat up. Jumping up, almost whirling into a frenzy, Thargol kicks, repeatedly, striking for knees, kidneys and girracks chest.

Okay, here goes. Full on frenzy of blows, and if my luck doesn´t suck as bad as the last times, I might actually make one hit
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Conners
2007-09-27, 09:41 PM
Thargol fails to get in any serious damage. [Miss and miss.]

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Mexanis' turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds.

Enlong
2007-09-27, 10:41 PM
Big NO! My poorly-named animal companion! Wait... that's what I've got Cure Minor Wounds for. any amount of healing stabilizes, right?

Conners
2007-09-28, 03:28 PM
((Yep, any amount of magic healing stabilizes the victim for quite a while, as in an hour or two.))

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-01, 06:37 PM
Mexanis carefully moves so that he is close to Thargol, avoiding the orc in the middle.
Here Thargol,this will help you, and we need to finish it. Relaxat Genis

Move to Thargol. Cast enlarge person on him.

Conners
2007-10-03, 11:13 AM
Thargol looks at the ground, surprised by how it shrank and seemed to get further away. He felt heavier, and it seemed harder to balance. Still, he feels strong enough to wrestle an ogre!

Initiative:
Krey 16
Girack 16
Jeff 12
Arianelle 11
Gauli 8
Thargol 7
Mexanis 3

It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 5 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds. Mexanis' Enlarge Person, 10 rounds.

Enlong
2007-10-03, 11:06 PM
Krey shuffles around Girack, moving to the place where his animal companion fell. moving himself in between Girack and Jeff, he places his finger on the dog's wound, sending a small spark of brown-green energy into the wound, closing the wound a bit and reducing the flow of blood to manageable levels.

Not sure what the map looks like, but move action to get close to Jeff (if necessary) and using up my casting of Cure Minor Wounds to heal 1 damage from Jeff and stabilize him at -1 HP

Conners
2007-10-04, 01:53 PM
Jeff's pain visibly decreases. He goes into a deep sleep, waiting to be properly healed before he thinks of getting up again.
Girrack wonders what to do. He was quite injured from the dog and the dwarf's constant assaults, but not the main warriors were mostly dealt with, and he doubted any of the remaining party members stood much of a challenge. Still, one lucky hit can count more than all the skill in the world...
Before he finished his thoughts, Gaariss came out of the bushes behind the party, rahing to the song, "Daisy, Daisy". Girrack seems at a loss as to what to do. He seems not very keen on the idea of fighting the new combatant, but still he isn't sure he wasnts to leave just yet.....

((You may all act freely for now. The combat will continue if one of the characters take a violent action (including Girrack and Gaariss).

Ulzgoroth
2007-10-05, 04:04 PM
Noticing the orc's sudden loss of focus...at least, she hopes that's what his not trying to kill anyone just yet means...Arianelle seizes the opportunity to stabilize Gauli with a touch of healing energy.

That done, she edges back into reach of Girrack. Flanking him against the suddenly enormous Thargol, if the fighting resumes.

That's one of my orisons gone for Cure Minor Wounds. A copy of light, I think.

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-05, 04:52 PM
Mexanis goes up to Krey, avoiding the orc in the middle.
"What should we do now? We I don't think we'll be able to take him if he gets hostile again, and I don't have that many spells left."

Conners
2007-10-07, 02:52 AM
Gauli is stabilized.

Kioran
2007-10-09, 04:38 PM
Thargol stares warily at the Orc, not dropping his guard. He musters Girack, searching for a quick movement, the spark of betrayal. the hot blood rushingg in his veins, the excitement of battle and the pain of his wounds drive him to lash out, while, on the ohter hand, his peaceful nature and training urge him towards restraint. He trembles visibly, nervously, words on his lips, but he was to unsure of himself to utter them.
"He should lay down his weapons.....He´s dangerous, and I´m hard pressed not to pound him into the floor" he thinks, waiting for someone to break the stalemate.....

Faithdreamer
2007-10-14, 02:23 PM
It wasn't as if he wanted to sit still, but he couldn't muster the will to do much else. If he opened his eyes he may not be dreaming after all. The ground was comfortable...

Conners
2007-12-30, 08:48 AM
Girrack smiles widely. "It seems I'll have to be leaving... this time," he says, backing away slowly towards the camp. "Have a nice walk...."

Enlong
2008-01-08, 09:18 PM
Krey Bom

Krey looks around the area. He calls out to his teammates. "We should probably heal up and head out. It's not going to be safe here for long, and I'd like to get to the camp before that orc sways the others into thinking we're some kind of group of assassins."