PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged Juggernaut isn't full BAB?! My plan is ruined!!!!!!

Chester
2015-10-04, 10:36 AM
....Well, it isn't ruined, but I need to rehash some things regarding my build. (It's for 3.5).

Original Plan: 1 level of Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian, 4 levels of Dungeoncrasher Fighter, then jump into Warforged Juggernaut at level 6. Take Shock Trooper feat at 6.

However, Shock Trooper requires +6 BAB, and the first level of WFJ grants +0 BAB. So, I can't take Shock Trooper.

So, I can do the following:
1. Take another feat and pick up Shock Trooper at level 9 instead. Carry on as planned.
2. Take another level of fighter. I'm planning to pick up the rest of Dungeoncrasher later anyway.
3. Take a second level of Barbarian (Wolf Totem variant perhaps?)
4. Something else????

Any input / advice?

OldTrees1
2015-10-04, 10:57 AM
All 3 options (yes, the 2nd level of Barb would be Wolf Totem) work fine.

However since you are running into BAB problems if you take option 1, you might want to consider Fighter 2/Martial Rogue 2 instead. The extra skill points will allow you to max Tumble, Jump, and Balance so that you can continue to charge despite obstacles (as per the "X while charging" sections of the Rules Compendium).

Chester
2015-10-04, 12:02 PM
All 3 options (yes, the 2nd level of Barb would be Wolf Totem) work fine.

However since you are running into BAB problems if you take option 1, you might want to consider Fighter 2/Martial Rogue 2 instead. The extra skill points will allow you to max Tumble, Jump, and Balance so that you can continue to charge despite obstacles (as per the "X while charging" sections of the Rules Compendium).

Should have clarified: I just hit level 6.

Mr Adventurer
2015-10-04, 12:12 PM
Level of Warblade would be pretty baller too. But you might want to get level 5 of Fighter out of the way as soon as possible, since it has nothing going for it. That way you've only got more juicy abilities to look forward to at later levels.

Chester
2015-10-04, 12:17 PM
Level of Warblade would be pretty baller too. But you might want to get level 5 of Fighter out of the way as soon as possible, since it has nothing going for it. That way you've only got more juicy abilities to look forward to at later levels.

That's what I'm thinking, yeah . . .

At least I'd get Shock Trooper and another attack, so it feels like Fighter 5 isn't a total stinker.

OldTrees1
2015-10-04, 03:21 PM

Yeah, but 3rd level Warblade Manuvers are much better than 2nd level Warblade Manuevers, so Warblade 1 is better left for 9th level right?

Chester
2015-10-04, 03:45 PM
Yeah, but 3rd level Warblade Manuvers are much better than 2nd level Warblade Manuevers, so Warblade 1 is better left for 9th level right?

Warblade is not allowed in our campaign because reasons.:smallwink:

eggynack
2015-10-04, 08:39 PM
I like the barbarian plan. Tripping is sweet business.

Xervous
2015-10-04, 08:45 PM
warblade is not allowed in our campaign because reasons.:smallwink:

weaboo fightin majiks?

RoyVG
2015-10-05, 04:49 AM
I was actually thinking about making a backup character for a current campaign and you mentioning that WFJ does not have full BAB is the first time I realized it in many years. And I was a big fan of WFJ :/

I second the second level barbarian, If yourgoing Shock Trooper, Getting Improved Trip for free is a great way to improve the benefit of one of it's maneuvers

Shame Warblade is not allowed, the Charging Minotaur maneuver has great synergy with the Superior Bull Rush feature and the Powerful Charge feats of the Juggernaut, adding more damage on top of it, especially if you can get Dungeon Crasher to add to it as well. That's 4 times your Strength modifier if you can manage to get all of them off.