PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder build help.

Metahuman1
2015-10-04, 11:35 AM
Ok, so, I don't normally do this, but I'm gonna be looking at applying to a pathfinder PBP game soon.

I'm kicking around the idea of a paladin. I have another player who's gonna be running a physically massive cleric, and I've bounded the idea off that other player and the GM to have our characters work together, with the other player working as my mount. (The GM said she wanted something of a comedy game.)

So, until they come back with a final Yay or Nay, can anyone suggest good archetypes/feats for me to be looking at? Maybe a good race that doesn't get penalty or even get's bonuses to Str, Con, Cha and is size catagory small? (Can be 3rd party, needs to be on SRD, bonus points if it's a mostly human appearing race.)

Appreciate the input! If the idea get's put down, I'll start fishing for an alternative.

thecrimsondawn
2015-10-04, 08:13 PM
Ok, so, I don't normally do this, but I'm gonna be looking at applying to a pathfinder PBP game soon.

I'm kicking around the idea of a paladin. I have another player who's gonna be running a physically massive cleric, and I've bounded the idea off that other player and the GM to have our characters work together, with the other player working as my mount. (The GM said she wanted something of a comedy game.)

So, until they come back with a final Yay or Nay, can anyone suggest good archetypes/feats for me to be looking at? Maybe a good race that doesn't get penalty or even get's bonuses to Str, Con, Cha and is size catagory small? (Can be 3rd party, needs to be on SRD, bonus points if it's a mostly human appearing race.)

Appreciate the input! If the idea get's put down, I'll start fishing for an alternative.

There are a couple, but I need to know. What do you want to be? Tanky? Strong Saves? DPS? Undead hunter? You gotta focus on one thing to bring out your best

frost890
2015-10-04, 08:23 PM
So since you are making Master/Blaster... Have you thought about using a crossbow/ballista? You also might focus on a lance and he can bull rush.

Metahuman1
2015-10-04, 11:56 PM
Just got home from work a few minutes ago. The other player responded, and was not interested.

So, rather then bother with a Paladin, I think I'm gonna run a Wayang Wizard. Probably build as more of a support/utility/debuff and buff caster.

Are there any feats or spells or archatypes I should know about for that that are just gonna be too good to pass up?