PDA

View Full Version : Temple of the Nine (?) information help

Mandrake
2015-10-04, 12:12 PM
Hello!

I have been switching between editions as they came out, so I do not have the 3+ books anymore, but our campaign story follows our games since 3rd edition.

I remember there was some prestige class (?) in Complete Divine, something about some templars or clerics that protect were The Nine Seals that prevent the breaking of the world (or something like that), but not more than that.

I plan on taking my players to that Temple of the Nine, if such a thing exists. Can anyone please help me with some information about prestige class name and some lore, if you can share, or anything else you might consider relevant here. Google failed me (or I failed it).

EDIT: It is not Complete Divine, my friend just told me. But there should be some story about Nine Seals or something like that in 3+... Help please!

Thank you very much!

Prime32
2015-10-04, 03:05 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Temple of Nine Swords? It was just a famous fighting school that divided its techniques into nine disciplines, each with a corresponding heirloom weapon - nothing to do with clerics or the end of the world. Its corresponding PrC is Master of Nine, for those who have learned all nine fighting styles and how to combine them.

Mandrake
2015-10-04, 07:26 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Temple of Nine Swords? It was just a famous fighting school that divided its techniques into nine disciplines, each with a corresponding heirloom weapon - nothing to do with clerics or the end of the world. Its corresponding PrC is Master of Nine, for those who have learned all nine fighting styles and how to combine them.

Thanks for that answer!

It turns out I mixed some editions up - there is a paragon path in 4e (Keeper of the Nine), which I mistook for 3rd edition due to that Tome of Battle or whatever it is called with Nine combat styles.