PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me find this comic/graphic novel?

Thant
2015-10-04, 04:33 PM
Some years ago I've stumbled upon a comic on the net, took a liking to it and forgot about it, until recently when something with a similar theme jogged my memory; but after scouring all of my bookmarks and googling xyz times, I still can't find it and it's driving me crazy!

The premise goes something like this: the comic is set in some sort of savage horror low fantasy world (think Tarzan or a bit like Conan) and the main protagonists are a group of female warriors, some sort of amazon beastmasters who are bonded to these huge beasts that act as companions and bodyguards as well as riding animals/beasts of burden. The beasts are not mindless albeit not very intelligent, though intelligent enough for every one of them to have a different character (and outlook; they are not generic, though they are all of the same species). The bond between the amazons and the beasts is somewhat emotional, so when one of them is upset/angry/happy etc., the other can feel that sentiment and acts accordingly/similarly. The beasts look somewhat like big bald saber-toothed ogres that walk on all fours but can stand upright if needed (probably last of their kind).

IIRC the group (there is 5-6 girls, each with her beast) sets out from their village to counter some big threat that endangered them all, some sort of...necromancer? Something to do with death or undead all in all. Which they have to defeat before he closes in with the village or the whole world could be in danger...and that's about all I can remember.

The art for the comic/graphic novel was beautiful and the author was...Korean? Japanese? Something like that. Though the art style was not typical manga or some other form of eastern animation, more western like...The comic was a project of sort and I think the idea for it was to actually go into print but the guy needed more money to make that happen. I looked on the kickstarter too but with no luck.

So! If anyone has any idea what this comic/graphic novel could be, please help and thank you!