PDA

View Full Version : Metamind's Font of Power. Psi-Like. Why?

Rubik
2015-10-04, 07:36 PM
Why is the metamind's font of power capstone a Psi-Like Ability?

Font of Power (Ps)
A 10th-level metamind can act as a living cognizance crystal, producing seemingly endless power points once per day, for up to 1 minute. His eyes shine like tiny stars, and faint illumination seems to beam out of his mouth and the end of each of his fingers. While so empowered, he can manifest any of his powers without drawing from his power point reserve. He finds the power points he needs welling up within his own body.

If a metamind using this ability enters a metaconcert, his power point reserve is accessed normally for the purpose of his contributing to the pool.There is nothing about that which looks "Psi-Like" to me. If anything, it's a perfect candidate for a Supernatural Ability.

Also, as a (Ps) ability, I assume it's a standard action to perform, it can be dispelled, it provokes AoOs, and it can fizzle. But it has no manifester level, nor does it have an effective power level to set the Concentration DC to keep it from fizzling.

Thoughts?

Psyren
2015-10-04, 07:51 PM
Most likely so activating it provokes, as you theorized. I could see it distracting the psion briefly.

As for the power level, I agree it should be stated if they're going to make it a PLA. Note however that making it supernatural would have also made it a standard action by default, so no change there.

Snowbluff
2015-10-05, 01:26 AM
Listen, the psionic ability types are idiosyncratic. ALL manifestation is Psi-Like, with no actual Psi for them to be like. I wouldn't sweat it. o.0