PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Spellbook of Attuned Magic (PEACH)

Groggen
2015-10-04, 10:58 PM
Hi.
There's a thread in here named "New Feat: Favorite spell" that made me want to make an item out of his/her idea. But I would really appreciate some feedback on how to rate this versus other magic items, which would give me an idea on when to give it in my campaign.

"Spellbook of Attuned Magic

A small leatherbound book the size of a post-it, containing only empty pages.
Requires attunement

To attune to this item you must cast your favourite spell from your base class list (excluding domain spells and similar), up to 3rd level spells, 3 times while holding this small book in your hand. Only spells cast during the daytime counts. (This is to avoid having them cast Bless or whatever 3 times at the start of a long rest.)

You’ve mastered the use of that particular spell, becoming capable of casting it with greater ease and efficiency.

Alternativ 1:
You permanently gain the following benefits when cast:

It is always treated as if cast from a slot one level higher, up to 9th level

It is always considered prepared, if applicable to your class, and never counts against the number of spells you may have prepared at any one time.

Pick one metamagic ability from the sorcerer's list, other than Twinned Spell (and Distant for Inflict Wounds & Vampiric Touch), that costs no more than 1 sorcery point. Your favorite spell permanently receives the benefit of that metamagic whenever it is cast.

Alternativ 2:

It is always considered prepared, if applicable to your class, and never counts against the number of spells you may have prepared at any one time.

Whenever you cast this spell, choose one of the following:

It is treated as if cast from a slot one level higher, up to 9th level
or
Your spell receives the benefit of your chosen metamagic when it is cast.

Their metamagic choices are:
Careful Spell: If the chosen spell forces other creatures to make a saving throw, you can protect some of those creatures from the spell’s full force. A number of creatures up to your spellcasting modifier automatically succeeds on the saving throw.

Distant Spell: If the chosen spell has a range of 5 feet or greater, you can double the range of it. If the chosen spell has a range of Touch, you can make the range of it 30 feet.

Empowered Spell: When you roll damage for the chosen spell, you can choose to reroll a number of the damage dice up to your spellcasting modifier. You must use the new rolls.

Extended Spell: If the chosen spell has a duration of 1 minute or longer, you can double its duration, to a maximum duration of 24 hours.

Subtle Spell: You can cast the chosen spell without any somatic or verbal components."

There's a cleric and a druid in the party.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated :smallsmile: