PDA

View Full Version : insert name here

TheGrimace
2007-05-20, 12:19 PM
Ok, so I need some help with this one, and whenever I need help, I think forums, so don't prove me wrong.

I have a campaign going at the moment (there's a shock) where my pc's have been changing characters at rediculous speed. But one fellow has stuck with his through thick and thin, and here's the killer, HE'S A BARD!

So, the one character I really want to reward happens to suck in combat, so I'm looking to make a PrC to help him out. Unfortunately, they all read oots religiously, so if I just pull out dashing cavalier on them, I'll never live it down, so here is my idea, but it needs a name.

Also, you'll notice I used a variant for my fort ref and will, but I believe this was one of the giants suggestions, and I adore it.

Entry Requirements

BAB: +4
skills: perform +8
Feats: weapon focus (any weapon), skill focus (perform).
spells: ability to cast second level arcane spells.
Special: bardic music class ability

HD: D10

Level BaB Fort Ref Will special spells
1 1 2.5 0.3 2.5 Bardic music. +1 of previous arcane class
2 2 3.0 0.7 3.0 Bladesing
3 3 3.5 1.0 3.5 weapon specialization. +1 of previous arcane class
4 4 4.0 1.3 4.0
5 5 4.5 1.7 4.5 combat lullaby +1 of previous arcane class
6 6 5.0 2.0 5.0 fleet of foot
7 7 5.5 2.3 5.5 +1 of previous arcane class
8 8 6.0 2.7 6.0 heroic surge
9 9 6.5 3.0 6.5 +1 of previous arcane class
10 10 7.0 3.3 7.0 last stand

skills: 4+int modifier.
class skills: Alchemy, appraise, balance, bluff, climb, concentration, craft, decipher script, diplomacy, disguise, escape artist, gather imformation, hide, intuid direction, jump, knowledge, listen, move silent, perform, pick pocket (sleight of hand), proffession, scry, sense motive, speak language, spellcraft, swim, tumble, use magic device.

Bardic Music. A (insert name here) continues to gain bardic music as normal.

Bladesing: a/n (insert name here) can expend one use of bardic music as a swift action to grant himself the ability to add both his dex and his str modifier to a single attack roll.

weapon specialization: a/n (insert name here) gains the feat 'weapon specialization' with whatever weapon he had weapon focus in when he began taking levels of this class. If two weapons meet those prerequisites, choose only one.

Combat lullaby: A/n (insert name here) can expend one use of bardic music as a standard action in order to induce a mind-affecting effect in one person that reduces mobility.
The victim of this power must make a willsave (DC 10 +1/2 (insert name here) level + Charisma modifier) or else have his AC reduced by his Dex modifier, or the aggressors charisma modifier, whichever is lower.

Fleet of Foot: A/n (insert name here) can expend one use of bardic music as a swift action in order to increase all allies within 30 ft movement speed's by 30 ft for up to the (insert name here)'s charisma modifier in rounds.

Heroic Surge: a/n (insert name here) can expend one use of bardic music as a swift action in order to gain the following effects for a number of rounds equal to the bards charisma modifier.
-haste
-30 temporary hit points
-blur

Last Stand: At 10th level, a/n (insert name here) learns truly how much magic there is in music. She can now expend three uses of bardic music as a standard action to have a "heal" spell cast upon one ally per point of charisma contingent upon that creatures health falling to or below 10 hit points. This effect lasts for one hour, and acts instantly upon allies selected who are already under 10 hp.

spells: a/n (insert name here) continues to learn knew spells, although at a slower rate. At first level, and every odd numbered level after that, the (insert name here) gains a level of one of her previous arcane classes for spellcasting purposes only. Any other benefit, such as improved familiar or bonus feat, are not gained.

Khoran
2007-05-20, 12:47 PM
[Class Name]
{table=head]Level|
Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Bardic Music|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Bladesing|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Weapon Specialzation|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4||

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Combat lullaby|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+6/1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Fleet of Foot|

7th|
+7/2|
+5|
+2|
+5||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+8/3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Heroic Surge|

9th|
+9/4|
+6|
+3|
+6||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+10/5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Last Stand| [/table]

Here is a table to make the information a bit easier to read.

Anyways, I like the look of the class. I think that Last Stand and Heroic Surge might need to be toaned down a little though. They both seem quite powerful, especially Heroic Surge.

TheGrimace
2007-05-20, 12:52 PM
thanks for the table, I was pouring through code and just simply failed to find it, I was lucky enough to find spoiler (Im html challenged).

it seems like with a prestige class, you have to give up something from a base class in order to gain something else, but, I'm designing this for a bard, what do bards have to give up?

DracoDei
2007-05-20, 01:57 PM
Umm.... they give up.... Umm....Spell progression??? (weak)
As for actually reading the class, my brain is a bit tired at the moment, so I am going to get back to it.
Have you looked at the official PrCs for bards? Although admittedly they aren't combat focused...

Matthew
2007-05-24, 01:34 PM
Hmmn. The later Class Features seem quite powerful. If this was a 11-20 Prestige Class I could understand it, but for Levels 6-15 these seem too much.