PDA

View Full Version : My Dm is making a gesalt game. Help me make an awesome Shifter?

Nishant
2015-10-05, 12:47 PM
Just like the title says. I'm familiar with the Shifter's Handbook on this forum, But I want to make this over the top. Is there any foreseeable way I could get Bloodclaw Master, Weretouched Master, And Moonspeaker levels? I honestly have no idea. If not, what would be the next best thing? I want to focus as much on Racial Shifter stuff as possible.

Solaris
2015-10-05, 05:51 PM
It's gestalt. Why not do the warblade/ weretouched master/ bloodclaw master on one side and druid / moonspeaker on the other?

See if you can't swing some lion totem barbarian in the warblade side, too (maybe two levels, to pick up wolf totem at 2nd level for Improved Trip). If you go the weretiger route with weretouched master, it'd even fit thematically.

If you can swing it, get in some Warshaper as well.

Because the build is based around giving you big ability scores, you might be better off trading away your wild shape ability, perhaps for the one that gets you the monk's AC bonus from Unearthed Arcana. That very much depends on whether you're using WTM as published or as errata'ed, though.

Probablety
2015-10-05, 09:17 PM
Well once upon a time I convinced my players to DM and I ran a fairly permissive build (because shifter) but I think it's mostly RAW. The goal was to be a natural attack shifter in a low OP game. He was not super ok but if you slap druid on the other side well...that could be fun.

Disclaimer this is a claw build, just for suggestions. Gestalt with druid I would change it up, like get dreamsight in there instead of longstride. You can buff yourself for speed.

It needs flaws to get off the ground at a reasonable time and there is some class feature overlap but that's on purpose. Can use ranger if skills are a concern and needs a ruling that Shifter Multiattack works as an analogue for Multiattack. I can't remember if it does by RAW. This build is centered around shifting so not so good but fun and flavourful.

The claw overlap between BCM and WTM is on purpose because BCM doesn't give you real shifter claws with the +1/4 lvls but then WTM takes care of that and ups the die by one. Used bear because the Imp. Grab has no size restriction by text. Use tiger if you want, I just wanted to grapple the faces of giants no matter how ineffective it is!

I went with the Longstride extra shifter trait for longer jumping charges, which is why you have warblade for Leaping Dragon. So when you shift you get respectable stat increases, d6 con draining bite, d8 claws before Morphic Weapons and no penalties for full attacking. Definitely not fancy, but Shifter.

My dude was a grumpy alcoholic lumberjack caught between the lifestyles of his feral mother and his o so wants to be human father. The whirling frenzy is for when you need to whack something with a weapon. Add druid/moonspeaker on the other side and things could be fun :) The only essentials are BAB for warshaper at 5th, 2nd warblade lvl at 4th for Leaping Dragon asap, BCM 1+2 and WTM 1 plus some very tight skill managing. Ranger would cure that. 5 shifts at con +9 duration i think by 12th if you fill that bonus shifter feat.

Shifter Longtooth
F1 -Longtooth Elite
F2 -Power Attack
1 -Brb1 Whirling Frenzy/Lion Totem
1:Shifter Instincts
2 -Brb2 Uncanny Dodge
3 -War1 Battle Clarity(R), Wpn Aptitude
3:EST-Longstride
4 -War2 Imp. Uncanny Dodge
5 -WSp1 Morphic Immunities, Morphic Weapons
6 -BcM1 Shift+1, Claws of the Beast
6:Shifter Multiattack
7 -WTM1 I-(Bear-Claw)
8 -WTM2 BSF:Improved Natural Attack-Claw, Wild Empathy
9 -BcM2 Superior 2-Wpn, TC Synergy(+1 dodge or +10 move)
9:Leap Attack
10 -WTM3 II-(Bear-Imp. Grab), Scent
11 -WTM4 BSF: , Frightful Shifting(Ex)
12 -WSp2 Morphic Body
12:

Nifft
2015-10-05, 09:50 PM
Does your DM allow you to take Prestige Class levels on both sides of the gestalt at the same time? The UA gestalt rules prohibit that, so you normally wouldn't be allowed to go Druid 8 / Moonspeaker 12 // Warblade 10 / Weretouched Master 5 / Bloodclaw Master 5 because the PrC levels would need to overlap.

Druid 20 // Warblade 5 / Weretouched Master 5 / Bloodclaw Master 5 / ??? 5 would be a legal and strong build, no matter what filled in the ??? levels. (Maybe Warblade +1 and Warshaper 4.)

What were your plans for Weretouched Master? A lot of its utility is duplicated and surpassed by the Druid's Wild Shape ability, but stuff like Pounce can be really nice in the right build.

Nishant
2015-10-05, 10:22 PM
It's gestalt. Why not do the warblade/ weretouched master/ bloodclaw master on one side and druid / moonspeaker on the other?

See if you can't swing some lion totem barbarian in the warblade side, too (maybe two levels, to pick up wolf totem at 2nd level for Improved Trip). If you go the weretiger route with weretouched master, it'd even fit thematically.

If you can swing it, get in some Warshaper as well.

Because the build is based around giving you big ability scores, you might be better off trading away your wild shape ability, perhaps for the one that gets you the monk's AC bonus from Unearthed Arcana. That very much depends on whether you're using WTM as published or as errata'ed, though.

We're using WTM pre errata. post errata sucks, and there's no reason for it other than 'mundanes cant have nice things. I'm thinking start with longtooth shifter, and go weretiger from there, so I'll get claws from my shifting, (Though I'll get them from bloodclaw as well.) use extra shifter trait for beasthide, maybe the third(moonspeaker) for gorebrute or something else.) I think Shifter has a Racial Substitution for animal companions, though i could be wrong.

And yeah, if I can, I'll see if I can squeeze in some warshaper.

Does your DM allow you to take Prestige Class levels on both sides of the gestalt at the same time? The UA gestalt rules prohibit that, so you normally wouldn't be allowed to go Druid 8 / Moonspeaker 12 // Warblade 10 / Weretouched Master 5 / Bloodclaw Master 5 because the PrC levels would need to overlap.

What were your plans for Weretouched Master? A lot of its utility is duplicated and surpassed by the Druid's Wild Shape ability, but stuff like Pounce can be really nice in the right build.

yeah, he allows it. If I had the space, I'd love investing in wildshape or Master of many forms, even over full casting. But I'm not sure how I could fit it in.

atemu1234
2015-10-05, 10:44 PM
Druid // Monk is surprisingly decent.