PDA

View Full Version : Help increase my ac/touch ac

killingfish
2015-10-05, 03:55 PM
im playing a fighter gnoll 3.5 and im wanting to increase my ac.
I currently have: Heavy Armor Optimization, Shield Ward, Shield Wall, Shield Mastery,
My Ability points are: STR 22: Dex 15, Con 22, int 6, wis 10, Cha 6,

Twurps
2015-10-05, 04:14 PM
A little bit of extra info would really help here.
Are you looking for feats, classes, equipment?
What books are allowed? how much do you have to spend. what equipment do you have?

thecrimsondawn
2015-10-05, 04:58 PM
Im not one to tell people what to play but keep in mind two things.
1: Fighters are really under powered in 3.5. Unless you focus on combat related feats such as knockdown or disarm (I think trip goes off of dex in 3.5?), and even then you are a one target person. Your hit die is good, as is your armor options, but touch is is almost always going to be REALLY low. Fighters have there place tho. Due to the many feats they get quickly you can qualify for PrC's faster then many other classes, and even a 1 level dip nets you most necessary proficiency for nearly every non exotic weapon and armor.

2: 3.5 is easy to break. Depending on the skill level/build level of your fellow players, you can very easily unbalance the game - most of all with some of the advice that the players here can give you. Take note as how skilled everyone else at the table is.

Also what level are you guys at? and like said before, we need to know what books are allowed.

Rubik
2015-10-05, 05:11 PM
As soon as you can afford to, buy yourself several +1 defending weapons, such as a tail scythe/club, a braid blade, two sleeve blades, two knee blades, two boot blades (if you can wear boots), and a close-combat blade for each. Convince your party's arcane caster to take Ocular Spell and Chain Spell, and buy a pearl of power to give him in exchange for a daily Ocular Chained Greater Magic Weapon to give all of your defending weapons +3 or greater to their enhancement bonuses, and apply all of those stacking bonuses to your AC.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-05, 05:16 PM
It's probably way easier to boost miss chances than boost touch ac. See if you can get a tower shield with animate object or a cloak of whatever miss chance.

Rubik
2015-10-05, 05:18 PM
It's probably way easier to boost miss chances than boost touch ac. See if you can get a tower shield with animate object or a cloak of whatever miss chance.This is true.

If you're high level, consider buying a psychoactive skin of proteus. It will raise your AC in various ways, depending on which forms you use, and it also raises your stats, gives you a ton of movement- and sized-based options, and lots and lots of potential special abilities...along with the ability to disguise yourself as just about anything.

Flame of Anor
2015-10-05, 06:51 PM
As soon as you can afford to, buy yourself several +1 defending weapons, such as a tail scythe/club, a braid blade, two sleeve blades, two knee blades, two boot blades (if you can wear boots), and a close-combat blade for each. Convince your party's arcane caster to take Ocular Spell and Chain Spell, and buy a pearl of power to give him in exchange for a daily Ocular Chained Greater Magic Weapon to give all of your defending weapons +3 or greater to their enhancement bonuses, and apply all of those stacking bonuses to your AC.

I get how the defending stuff works, but where do you find all of these weapons that you can (presumably) wield at the same time?

It's probably way easier to boost miss chances than boost touch ac. See if you can get a tower shield with animate object or a cloak of whatever miss chance.

Luckily for you, I just archived a thread about this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?446715-quot-Optimize-Miss-Chance-quot-(from-Wizards-forum)) from the Wizards forums.

Rubik
2015-10-05, 06:58 PM
I get how the defending stuff works, but where do you find all of these weapons that you can (presumably) wield at the same time?Complete Adventurer, Complete Scoundrel, Draconomicon, Races of the Wild, and Savage Species, IIRC.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-10-05, 07:03 PM
I get how the defending stuff works, but where do you find all of these weapons that you can (presumably) wield at the same time?

I know most of these. Boot, knee, elbow, and sleeve blades are all in complete scoundrel. The tail scythe/club is, I wanna say, savage species or maybe one of the races of set. I -think- braid blades are in an issue of dragon.

Adding to the list, armor spikes, spiked guantlets, and I believe there's a spiked helmet in races of faerun.

Edit: blasted ninjas.