PDA

View Full Version : Underdark Nightmares

ondonaflash
2015-10-05, 05:40 PM
Heya friendly folks. I'm having some fun with the new Out of the Abyss Module but one thing I want to do is provide the party with a series of nightmares to keep them paranoid and tense! I've got a few already, but I need as many as I can get and wanted to solicit the forum for any suggestions. I don't really care wear the nightmares come from, you can make them up, or they can have been a few of your own, I just need them in bulk. The one's I've already written myself are spoilered below.

You Dream
You walk the darkened tunnels of the Underdark alone. Though you call out, your words echo endlessly through the tunnels without response. Slowly paranoia fills your mind. You are not alone. You are surrounded. That is when you realize that in your wake there is darkness where there was once light. The shadows themselves are reaching for you. The Darkness is alive. It has always been alive and you were just too foolish to see it. You turn to flee but the darkness has surrounded you. There is no escape.

You Dream
You are paralyzed on the floor of a stone cave. A gang of drow surrounds you, but as you plead for your life they merely mock you. Their leader, a female with a face you cannot perceive reaches out and strokes your hair, then takes out a long thin blade and begins cutting at your face. Though you can feel no pain the horror of what she is doing causes you to writhe and struggle, to no avail. She carves away your face and holds it up for you. It speaks.

You Dream
You are fleeing something in the darkness of the Underdark. You can hear its cries as it stalks you. You turn down a corridor you know leads to safety and find a place where you are safe and can hide, but within rests the corpse of one of your allies, dismembered and eyeless. You cannot help yourself. You scream. Your cry draws the beast in towards you forcing you to flee again. You turn to look at it and all you can see are a pair of glowing eyes, and a massive, reaching claw

You Dream
You walk into an empty cavern only to be impaled on the massive claw of a Hook Horror. You fail to the ground and blood seeps from your body. You struggle to breathe, struggle to move, but can only writhe in an ever growing pool of blood. A series of hiccupping breaths causes blood to bubble from your lips. The darkness creeps through the edge of your vision and terror seizes you. You are going to die. Cold crawls its way up your limbs and just as the last light fades you hear a scream.

You Dream
You are weaving a thick rope out of spider silk. You grab each strand and twine it and twist it until you hold a thick braided rope in your hand. You then tie it into a noose and walk over to the edge of a deep underdark chasm, where in defiance of perspective you kneel with your hands bound behind your back. From your standing position you tie the noose around your kneeling neck. You place your boot on your own back and heave. Your perspective shifts. You hurtle helplessly off the side of the chasm and gaze up into your own hateful eyes as the rope snaps taught.

You Dream
You are trapped in a spiders web, unable to move. You struggle desperately but that only attracts… them. They are not the giant beasts you were expecting. No, far worse, they are the tiny ones, hundreds of them, crawling along your skin, and you can do nothing to prevent them. They bite down on your skin tearing away chunks of flesh. They crawl along your bare arms, your face, your hair, and when you open your mouth to scream and that’s when they swarm into your body to work from the inside out.