PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder looking for some help on my Mystic Build

Mathias1313
2015-10-05, 09:36 PM
So here is my problem in a nutshell..... I have no way to make ranged touch attacks that can be used in a Full attack.
I have a mystic and want him to be a blasty kinda mage guy, but I only have a cantrip to shoot 1d3 ranged attacks, but its a standard action and thus cannot be used with Strike from the mystic.
So please help me find a way around this. Anyone know of a Class, Feat, magic item, or anything else that gives specifically... Ranged touch attacks that can be used with a Strike maneuver?

Spore
2015-10-05, 10:58 PM
I'm not too keen on Paizo's extended class library but do you mean the Oracle class? Or is there some mystic class I don't know of?

Tuvarkz
2015-10-06, 03:03 AM
So here is my problem in a nutshell..... I have no way to make ranged touch attacks that can be used in a Full attack.
I have a mystic and want him to be a blasty kinda mage guy, but I only have a cantrip to shoot 1d3 ranged attacks, but its a standard action and thus cannot be used with Strike from the mystic.
So please help me find a way around this. Anyone know of a Class, Feat, magic item, or anything else that gives specifically... Ranged touch attacks that can be used with a Strike maneuver?

The level 5 Elemental Flux Stance, Enter the vortex, also lets you make 4d6 damage ranged touch attacks. You get it at level 9. If you want something faster, then take a dip onto Soulbolt Soulknife for a 1d6/8/10+STR ranged (but not touch) attack. It's still sorta blasty so it should fit. If you take a second level into Soulbolt soulknife, you can take a blade skill to make the blast use wisdom for attack rolls and damage rolls rather than DEX/STR.

Mathias1313
2015-10-06, 05:09 AM
Tuvarkz Ya that's what I was thinking but I really want to get Touch attacks.
Ill probably have to wait for lvl 9 to get Enter the Vortex, its just sooooo far away and it locks me into that stance. Although it is a pretty sweet stance.
I was actually thinking of going 2 lvls into Soulbolt and taking Discipline Blade shapes to make Firearms..... thoughts?

Elricaltovilla
2015-10-06, 07:17 AM
I'm not too keen on Paizo's extended class library but do you mean the Oracle class? Or is there some mystic class I don't know of?

Mystic is a 3rd party class from Dreamscarred Press's Path of War Expanded (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444869-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Expanded!-%28Thread-VII%29).

Tuvarkz Ya that's what I was thinking but I really want to get Touch attacks.
Ill probably have to wait for lvl 9 to get Enter the Vortex, its just sooooo far away and it locks me into that stance. Although it is a pretty sweet stance.
I was actually thinking of going 2 lvls into Soulbolt and taking Discipline Blade shapes to make Firearms..... thoughts?

If you want firearms, why not go Gunsmoke Mystic? It's probably the best gun based archetype out there and it wouldn't require any multiclassing. It's in the Path of War: Expanded Archetypes (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tbBIinA90VQW8eriM0TZTZCbHsSU6cdv7_44J8w564s/edit?usp=sharing) document.

Mathias1313
2015-10-08, 03:29 PM
I was thinking about the Gunsmoke mystic but then we started the campaign, so no archetype for me :(.
I could not find a way to get Ranged touch attacks that can be used in a Full attack outside of the 5th lvl Elemental Flux stance, so in the meantime I have taken a 1 lvl dip into Psychic Armory. Good synergy and I have refluffed the blades to look like hardened energy of what ever my Elemental Attunement currently is. So far so good.

I do however have questions about my Backup character in case this one dies.
I have been told that you can use a natural attack to deliver a touch attack. So that if the natural attack reach or something you benefit from this. What I am curious about is if you get any other abilities the Natural Attack has.... For instance if I have a Bite attack with Trip on it and I use my Bite to deliver my touch attack and am successful.... do I get to trip as well? Or if I have a tentacle and it has Grab and use said Tentacle to deliver my Touch attack and am successful... can I initiate Grab as well?

Mathias1313
2015-10-08, 09:07 PM
Any thoughts guys?
if you use a natural weapon to deliver a Touch attack can you use the Natural weapons added bonuses such as Trip or Grab?
I am inclined to yes because I see no wording that you only get the trip or grab on a normal attack roll, but I am not sure.

neversterling
2015-10-09, 12:06 PM
Any thoughts guys?
if you use a natural weapon to deliver a Touch attack can you use the Natural weapons added bonuses such as Trip or Grab?
I am inclined to yes because I see no wording that you only get the trip or grab on a normal attack roll, but I am not sure.

"Holding the Charge: If you don't discharge the spell in the round when you cast the spell, you can hold the charge indefinitely. You can continue to make touch attacks round after round. If you touch anything or anyone while holding a charge, even unintentionally, the spell discharges. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates. You can touch one friend as a standard action or up to six friends as a full-round action. Alternatively, you may make a normal unarmed attack (or an attack with a natural weapon) while holding a charge. In this case, you aren't considered armed and you provoke attacks of opportunity as normal for the attack. If your unarmed attack or natural weapon attack normally doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity, neither does this attack. If the attack hits, you deal normal damage for your unarmed attack or natural weapon and the spell discharges. If the attack misses, you are still holding the charge."

So make your normal natural attack, and as long as you hit, your touch spell will discharge(be used on whoever you touched).