PDA

View Full Version : John Rambo - The Next Rambo Movie

Beleriphon
2007-05-20, 07:06 PM
A buddy of mine sent me this link. Its a three minute trailer for John Rambo the fourth installment of the Rambo franchise currently slated for a 2008 release. Be warned, its a touch on the gorey side.

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/05/19/first-john-rambo-trailer-hits-and-it-kicks-ass

Neon Knight
2007-05-20, 08:37 PM
Holy....

Did he just rip off that man's jugular with his bare hands?

Step aside 300. This one's gonna take the cake.

Beleriphon
2007-05-20, 09:17 PM
Holy....

Did he just rip off that man's jugular with his bare hands?

Step aside 300. This one's gonna take the cake.

Yes he did, and its entirely possible to do so.

Jack Squat
2007-05-20, 09:19 PM
Yes he did, and its entirely possible to do so.

know this from experiance, do you? :smallwink:

Beleriphon
2007-05-20, 09:21 PM
know this from experiance, do you? :smallwink:

Of course I do. What do you think I spent the better part of the 1970s doing? Other than not being born of course. ;)

Lemur
2007-05-20, 10:07 PM
Is it bad that I was laughing through the entire preview? Especially when it had a scene of Stallone killing someone?

Then again, I seem to find most previews humerous these days.

Beleriphon
2007-05-20, 10:08 PM
Is it bad that I was laughing through the entire preview? Especially when it had a scene of Stallone killing someone?

Then again, I seem to find most previews humerous these days.

I don't think so, but I'll probably see this one. If he does as good a job rebuilding Rambo as he did Rocky then it should be a pretty decent movie.

Lord of the Helms
2007-05-20, 10:33 PM
Heh. You cannot possibly expect this to be good. Possibly "so bad it's good", though, the Rambo series was always rather good in that department.

And aye, too much gore. Probably to detract from Stallone's old age and poor acting.

Reptilus
2007-05-20, 10:54 PM
This is the most over-the-top movie I have heard of since Invcinible Super Chan.

Commander Hayes
2007-05-20, 10:55 PM
Cannot say I expected the gore. I don't see this being very good though. The Rambo series has been done to death, Stallone should be keeling over from old age in ten years at most, and he can't act that well anymore.

J_Muller
2007-05-20, 11:08 PM
Who needs acting talent? It's Rambo. He runs around killing people. That's it.

The hand-->jugular kill was pretty nice.

LCR
2007-05-24, 11:24 AM
Bah, that's obscenely brutal. And not in cool and stylish slo-mo sense of the word, like in 300, but in a very dirty and sometimes even comical sense.
The other Rambo films bored me to tears, so I won't watch this one either.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-24, 04:16 PM
Cannot say I expected the gore. I don't see this being very good though. The Rambo series has been done to death, Stallone should be keeling over from old age in ten years at most, and he can't act that well anymore.

What mythical period are you referring to before he stopped being able to act?

This trainer looks really bad.

Lord of the Helms
2007-05-24, 04:37 PM
What mythical period are you referring to before he stopped being able to act?

Hehe, my thoughts exactly. Stallone actually makes der Arnie look like an awesome actor. And, hell, even a comprehensible one :smalltongue:

Thiel
2007-05-24, 05:14 PM
Explosions - Check
Hide and Seek in the woods - Check
Machinegun mounted on Pick-up - Check
Bow and arrows - Check
Exploding Arrows - Nope (Darn, they were the best part of that movie)
Blood - Way too much
Exploding Soldiers - Check

Yup, it's definitely a Rambo film.
And for the record, I liked First Blood. The other two movies stank but First Blood was decent.

Vaniel
2007-05-24, 06:36 PM
No words can describe this wonderful day, the day I watched the Rambo 4 Trailer.

Nothing bad can happen now!

Long live Rambo!

Huzzah!

:smallbiggrin:

Pyre
2007-05-24, 08:15 PM
No exploding arrows? Awwwwww.

J_Muller
2007-05-24, 08:22 PM
Hehe, my thoughts exactly. Stallone actually makes der Arnie look like an awesome actor. And, hell, even a comprehensible one :smalltongue:

Actually, Arnie is pretty good. Sure, he's not fantastic, but he knows that. And he's actually pretty intelligent, and watching some of his movies you get the sense that he realizes how ridiculous his roles are.

Also, that man can deliver a testosterone-infused movie line like no other.

"Hey Sully, remember how I said I was going to kill you last?"

"Yeah, that's right. You did say that."

"I lied."

And so on and so forth in the same vein.

Daze
2007-05-24, 09:04 PM
Anyone else find it funny that the 6th Rocky film was called Rocky Balboa and this 4th installment of Rambo is called John Rambo???

So the title character is the name of the movie? huh.. just a little weird is all

Reptilus
2007-05-24, 10:49 PM
In the Ar/Ah-nold debate, Arnold wins for being featured in the same film as the lovable carbunkle with a countenance, Kuato.