PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader vs Sylar [possible spoilers]

Varen_Tai
2007-05-20, 08:16 PM
So here's a question - Sylar pre-Ted, ie, he can't go BOOMvs the Sith Lord we all know. Who's more powerful? My deal is that while it seems as though Vader is less powerful (throws big pieces of machinery clumsily at Luke while Sylar surgically drives a chair leg through the chest of a cop and into the ceiling), the Force is more than just a single power. There's more to it.

Thoughts? Who wins?

Neon Knight
2007-05-20, 08:33 PM
The first three star wars films were made with technology not up to our standards. Take a look at the Prequels. Lightsaber fighting is more gymnastics than combat art.

Now take a look at the first three. Lightsaber fighting is a lot less flippy.

I don't believe a comparison can be made.

Who is Sylar, anyway?

Varen_Tai
2007-05-20, 08:37 PM
Sylar = nasty bad guy in Heroes. Steals other heroes' powers by slicing their skulls open while they're still alive and doing something with their brains. Kills the victims, obviously. Guy's pretty tough.

FdL
2007-05-20, 08:37 PM
Man, if you're going to post spoilers, at least have respect for the people who take their time to enter your thread, and put a [spoiler] flag in the title or don't post unnecesary spoilers. :smallmad:

"Sylar Pre-Ted".You ruined it for me. Thanks a lot man. :smallmad:

Varen_Tai
2007-05-20, 08:38 PM
Man, if you're going to post spoilers, at least have respect for the people who take their time to enter your thread, and put a flag in the title or don't post unnecesary spoilers. :smallmad:

[spoiler]"Sylar Pre-Ted". You ruined it for me. Thanks a lot man. :smallmad:

D'oh! :smalleek:

Sorry. Fixing now...

Neon Knight
2007-05-20, 08:48 PM
Anywho, I'd put my money on the dark lord of the Sith. I base this not on depicted abilities, since Sylar has the advantage of modern technology to make his powers beyond superhuman.

Instead, I believe that Vader should win because he is a cultural icon, and Sylar in the end is just another bad guy.

Please, don't yell at me until I've finished.

I believe that 50 years form now, more people will know who Vader is than those who know who Sylar is. I believe this reflects on Vader's standing as an utterly classic villain, while Sylar is too akin to the fiend of a dozen slashers. His sole ability is that of killing people messily. Tons of people have done that before and after him.

Everyone knows "Luke, I am your father."

Disclaimer:
This opinion should not be interpreted as attempting to display itself as the only valid opinion or as a fact.

Varen_Tai
2007-05-20, 08:51 PM
Well, I see what you're getting at, but that's dodging the question by taking it into a meta-debate. :)

Cultural icon aside, who wins in a straight fight?

Voodzik
2007-05-20, 08:54 PM
I'd be more sorry for you if Tim Kring hadn't broadcasted that move like goddamn CNN, but in defference to your wishes...

Lets size up the people involved in this battle. First off power wise: Sylar wins hands down. He has a much wider array of powers than Vader has TK, Super Hearing, limited mind control, see the future, melt metal, which would be especially troublesome to vader, hibernikinetic powers, and super memory. I think I forgot some, and those are just the ones we know about. Vader has a relatively limited set.

But Vader is FAR less confused. Sylar is more of an emotionally disturbed teenager than he is anything else. His emotional instability would make him easy prey, I think, for the stone cold spectre that is Darth Vader.

So: Vader Wins for having less emo.

Neon Knight
2007-05-20, 08:58 PM
Sounds like Sylar. But straight up fights really aren't fair, since anyone can create an epic perfect Mary Sue able to kill anyone in the blink on an eye. Thus, I feel straight up fights are, at best, a waste of time.

But from the description, Sylar.

Can I bring in Jesse Custer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Custer#Genesis) from Preacher? As long as the target understands what he says, he wins.

He is, in fact, why I think these straight up fight versus are so silly.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-20, 09:20 PM
Vader. Force choke for the win!

Thats not just biais there either. From what I hear, having your focus interrupted could most likely disrupt Sylar's focus and suddenly having your windpipe crushed by the guy in a black mask who's just staring at you might just do it.

Of Sylar's abilities, not many are too useful against Vader.

Mind Control? Against a Dark Lord of the Sith and the Chosen One nonetheless? Yeah, that'll work. *eyeroll*

Hyperkinesis? Isn't that setting something on fire really well? I'm guessing thats what it is anyway. It might work but it'd have to work really really fast since the Force must be able to deterr fire in some way for Anakin and Obi-Wan to be fighting not two feet above a lake of lava and not catching fire. Has to, since like not five minutes later he catches fire just by being close to it.

See the future? Sylar can probably do it better then Vader but Vader can do it too. How do you think Jedi deflect blaster bolts and what not? It's not very far into the future (Like a couple seconds maybe) but Vader can do it too.

Super Hearing? This may help Sylar since he'll hear Vader coming. It'd be easy to what with the respirqator and what not.

Super Memory? Only if Sylar survived to come back for a second match. IF he came back. And from the sounds of it, he's crazy enough to do it too.

TK? Here is Sylar's advantage since Vader can't do that very well. He can do it, just not well. Probably well enough to keep his light saber in his hand. So Sylar would have to find something to throw at Vader that's either too big to be effectively deflected by a lightsaber or fast enough it gets by it.

Melt Metal....I dunno. Maybe. Could work on the lightsaber. Not on Vader himself though, most of that is plastic.

Voodzik
2007-05-20, 09:28 PM
Vader. Force choke for the win!

Thats not just biais there either. From what I hear, having your focus interrupted could most likely disrupt Sylar's focus and suddenly having your windpipe crushed by the guy in a black mask who's just staring at you might just do it.

Of Sylar's abilities, not many are too useful against Vader.

Mind Control? Against a Dark Lord of the Sith and the Chosen One nonetheless? Yeah, that'll work. *eyeroll*

Hyperkinesis? Isn't that setting something on fire really well? I'm guessing thats what it is anyway. It might work but it'd have to work really really fast since the Force must be able to deterr fire in some way for Anakin and Obi-Wan to be fighting not two feet above a lake of lava and not catching fire. Has to, since like not five minutes later he catches fire just by being close to it.

See the future? Sylar can probably do it better then Vader but Vader can do it too. How do you think Jedi deflect blaster bolts and what not? It's not very far into the future (Like a couple seconds maybe) but Vader can do it too.

Super Hearing? This may help Sylar since he'll hear Vader coming. It'd be easy to what with the respirqator and what not.

Super Memory? Only if Sylar survived to come back for a second match. IF he came back. And from the sounds of it, he's crazy enough to do it too.

TK? Here is Sylar's advantage since Vader can't do that very well. He can do it, just not well. Probably well enough to keep his light saber in his hand. So Sylar would have to find something to throw at Vader that's either too big to be effectively deflected by a lightsaber or fast enough it gets by it.

Melt Metal....I dunno. Maybe. Could work on the lightsaber. Not on Vader himself though, most of that is plastic.
Tag that you fool!

*sigh* well anyway, here's what I have to say in response...
Hiberkineticism is the ability to control ICE. It's Peter who can control Fire. Ice is more dangerous because he could reeze up the air vents on Vaders helmet. And the melt metal could work on the coppwer in DV's wires. And since you apparently don't watch the show I forgive you for not knowing...sylar can control his TK so well he can make a blade out of pure TK and cut things. It's how he cuts people's heads off without damaging the brain. So I still say Sylar would win in a pure power battle, but Vader has the psychological edge.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-20, 09:59 PM
I'd tag it but i like seeing the really really long posts. They make me happy.

Still don't think that melting metal would be all that useful. Whats to say they still use copper wires for something like that? I mean, sure we had to in order to film the movie since thats what we had, but I'm pretty sure if they had fiber-optic cables or what not the Emperor would have forked over the credits to pimp out his pet Dark Lord of the Sith.

And this added info on hiberkinesis is helpful and more useful then I'd have thought it to be. Theres nothing to say Vader couldn't break it with what little TK he does possess but it's still more useful then the fire verison.

And no, don;t actually watch Heroes but my one friend told me about Syler. Forgot the TK blade part so thats were Syler's edge really lays then.

And then there is the mental aspect. Vader got over his angst and Syler hasn't, so theres a victory in mental. Actual ability wise I think their close to even.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-20, 11:18 PM
My vote?
Give Hiro a lightsaber. Break that, ya brain-eating bastard.

But seriously, I give it to Vader on the basis of weaponry and combat experience. Sylar's mind control, if he even has it...
Eden's brain may have been too damaged for him to properly absorb it sure as hell won't work on a Dark Lord of the Sith. It barely ever works on powerless plebes in the Heroes universe. Metal melting and hyperikineses, I believe, require physical contact. Sylar's best bet would be relying on the power he's honed the most, his telekinesis. Which I imagine Vader's trained himself to defend against, since most of his opponents have been force-users.

Of interest, however, is Sylar's apparent ability to somewhat counteract the powers of others
(Eden's suggestion, Hiro's time-stopppage(!)). If he analyzed Vader and the Force enough ("Of course. Parasites in your blood. Delicious....") he might be able to throw Darth off his power-using game enough to beat him. Maybe.

Skippy
2007-05-21, 07:40 AM
My vote?
Eden's brain may have been too damaged for him to properly absorb it

Yes, it was. It's said in one of the comics, but I don't clearly remember which one...

My vote goes to Vader. But not the Episodes 4 to 6 Vader, he's too old. If you take the Vader that was just built after his showdown with Obi-Wan, then we have an Almighty Lord of the Sith, powerful enough to crush Sylar before he could even think about it... I mean, heck, he was meant to bring balance to the Force!!! Just imagine how powerful that is!!!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-21, 01:52 PM
Really, I don't think age accounts for Vader's clunkiness in the first three films, given that he is, in fact, more machine now than man. It's the bulkiness and un-naturalness of his cybernetics. Or, out-of-universe, the fact that the first films were made with significantly less technology (and yet, somehow looked better...)

Personally, though, I don't think Anakin Skywalker, pre-suit, would stand much of a chance against Sylar either. Did that guy ever win a fight against force-using non-children? One, rematch vs. Dooku, and it seems pretty clear that that was mostly Palpatine influencing the fight through the Force. Maybe after he fell to the dark side and was getting by on sheer spite, he'd stand a chance. However, even in that condition, he's still a tactical idiot.

kpenguin
2007-05-22, 11:10 PM
What would be interesting is Vader and Sylar just standing there concentrating on trying to slam the other with TK.

My votes on Vader. Because he would have no reason to duel Sylar and would have a lot of backup because of that.

Prustan
2007-05-23, 05:59 AM
Too hard to call I think. Sylar has more finesse, but Vader has much more brute power. It'd be hard to concentrate on slicing someone's head open if he's dropping cars on you. And if Vader got close enough to swing the lightsaber, then goodbye Sylar.

Nibleswick
2007-05-24, 12:49 AM
Darth Vader would win hands down; in a staight up fight Vader has no reason to go easy on Sylar, let look at some of the force powers that there are:

Lightning, the ability to make enough energy to roast someone from the inside out
Energy absortion, this even works on raw telekinetic energy
Telekinisis, how much finess does it take to, oh say, crush someone into paste.
Mindcontrol, when I say mind control, I'm thinking on the scale of making a billion forget that there was a Super Stardestroyer buried under them.

These are just the start of what the force can do, never underestimate the power of the force!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-24, 11:14 AM
I submit to you another hypothetical based on an earlier thought of mine.

If Sylar somehow entered the Star Wars universe and managed to kill, say, a low-tier Jedi, could he find some way to steal their powers. Say, through a blood transfusion.

...Hell, couldn't a blood transfusion give you potential Force powers anyway? Man, I hate Midichlorians. My question stands, however.

Nibleswick
2007-05-24, 04:59 PM
I submit to you another hypothetical based on an earlier thought of mine.

If Sylar somehow entered the Star Wars universe and managed to kill, say, a low-tier Jedi, could he find some way to steal their powers. Say, through a blood transfusion.

...Hell, couldn't a blood transfusion give you potential Force powers anyway? Man, I hate Midichlorians. My question stands, however.

NO, it is clearly stated in the movies that the M-word are in every cell in the body not just the blood, so a blod trasfusion wouldn't do; the only know way to give someone force sensitivity is a secret process involving force sensitive crystals and the Vally of the Jedi.

eilandesq
2007-05-24, 05:11 PM
Forget that--the real question is: who are you going to come up with to face Sylar *after* he eats Vader's brains and becomes a Dark Lord of the Sith? :biggrin:

Thiel
2007-05-24, 05:50 PM
Vader wins. No doubt about it. And even if Sylar should prove to be better than Vader there's still the small matter of the thousands of stormtroopers that Vader can call on.
Remember, it wouldn't be Sylar vs. Vader but Sylar vs. the comined might of the Emperial Navy.

TheSaylesMan
2007-05-24, 10:19 PM
Kinda depends on the situation, but I think in a one-on-one deathmatch type situation, Sylar would just barely win out.

Why?

Its not because of all the different powers he's picked up in the show, but because of his primary power, the one he started with. Sylar's power really isn't to take other people's powers. Its a fundamental understanding of the mechanics behind how things work.

If he's around anything long enough, he can figure out how it works without even touching it. It goes beyond objects as well. Add in his problem-solving abilities, infallible memory, and raw telekinetic strength, and you've got Sylar winning.

By witnessing Vader use the force, he will know how it works and use his TK to counter it. By just being around Vader he can figure out how his suit and lightsaber work and be able to act accordingly.

The only reason Vader would lose is because he just doesn't know what Sylar can do.

I imagine the fight would go something like this.

Vader: FORCE CHOKE!

Sylar: Block with telekinesis!

Vader: WTF!?

Sylar: Either freezes Vader solid or melts the worky bits in his suit.

Vader: Dead

Sylar: Figures out how to harness the power of midichlorians to use the force

Raistlin1040
2007-05-24, 10:52 PM
Sylar. With powers like his, he'd make even Yoda cringe in fear.

Nibleswick
2007-05-24, 11:15 PM
Kinda depends on the situation, but I think in a one-on-one deathmatch type situation, Sylar would just barely win out.

Why?

Its not because of all the different powers he's picked up in the show, but because of his primary power, the one he started with. Sylar's power really isn't to take other people's powers. Its a fundamental understanding of the mechanics behind how things work.

If he's around anything long enough, he can figure out how it works without even touching it. It goes beyond objects as well. Add in his problem-solving abilities, infallible memory, and raw telekinetic strength, and you've got Sylar winning.

By witnessing Vader use the force, he will know how it works and use his TK to counter it. By just being around Vader he can figure out how his suit and lightsaber work and be able to act accordingly.

The only reason Vader would lose is because he just doesn't know what Sylar can do.

The way it would go is this:

Vader: uses the force to melt Sylar brain/ use the force to rip his lungs out/ crushes him into paste/ use the force to make sylar be in so much apin that he has a heart atack.

lets, for arguments sake, assume Sylar can fend off Vader's first atack, the while Sylar is concentrating on that Vader chops him in halve.

averagejoe
2007-05-24, 11:45 PM
Anywho, I'd put my money on the dark lord of the Sith. I base this not on depicted abilities, since Sylar has the advantage of modern technology to make his powers beyond superhuman.

Instead, I believe that Vader should win because he is a cultural icon, and Sylar in the end is just another bad guy.

Please, don't yell at me until I've finished.

I believe that 50 years form now, more people will know who Vader is than those who know who Sylar is. I believe this reflects on Vader's standing as an utterly classic villain, while Sylar is too akin to the fiend of a dozen slashers. His sole ability is that of killing people messily. Tons of people have done that before and after him.

Everyone knows "Luke, I am your father."

Disclaimer:
This opinion should not be interpreted as attempting to display itself as the only valid opinion or as a fact.

This is mostly just keew eff tee. A man after my own heart, when it comes to such things.

I did want to say this, though: Sylar is a cheater. That's right. A cheater. So's Peter. Remember when you used to play such games as kids? There's (almost) always at least one guy who needs to have "all the powers" and everyone else is like, no way, you can't have all the powers, but the guy just needs to be better than everyone else so bad. That's Sylar. Not necessarily a for or against argument, just putting that out there.

Also, if I was Vader, I'd just use my death star on him. His super star destroyer could probably do the same job, bombarding the planet from orbit.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 08:42 AM
Now that both of these characters have been fleshed out for better or for worse, I can put a solid vote on Darth Vader winning. Two things in particular sticks out for me.

1) Vader is a LOT more combat savvy and the results are clear as day. There's many victories Vader has in just the films alone. Sylar on the other hand has repeatedly ran scared from Bennett, couldn't beat Bennett and Claire working together, lost all his fights against Elle until that one stupid moment Elle decided not to fight back, lost against Samuel, lost 3 times to Mohinder, lost to a powerless Peter with a nail gun, Hiro was able to play keep away for long periods from him, and the list goes on. I'm actually trying to think of any decent wins Sylar actually has under his belt.

2) Sylar can also be easily subdued via mind trick as due to the writers not knowing what to do with the character, he got manipulated by pretty much everyone and constantly was in crisis mode on what he wanted to be throughout the whole series.

Mato
2017-04-18, 11:27 AM
Sylar.

Gabriel's real power is intuitive aptitude. He can instantly learn and understand the complexity and exactness of organisms, objects, subjects, fields, powers, etc. without the need of long-term or special education. And it's most well known outcome is Sylar's ability to copy the powers of others either by examining the subject's brain or understanding of their character and motivations.

Pre-Ted gives him telekinesis, shattering, freezing, melting (works on any material), enhanced hearing, precognition, a dozen acquired abilities never directly brought up from previous kills, and the possibility of enhanced memory from the original timeline. His mastery of telekinesis allows him to avoid injury from car crashes, falls, bullets and he can also use it to levitate him self giving him the appearance of superhuman levels of endurance.

Sylar outclasses Vader in telekinesis and he isn't limited in his ability to multitask as shown by his ability to simultaneously combine powers and his ambidexterity but as the films depict using telekinesis requires you to forgo using your saber at the same time due to the required levels of concentration it takes to use the force. Vader may have the ability to use force lightning but Sylar has multiple unknown abilities that may unfairly make things one sided. And Jedi/Sith use lightsabers is possibly the worst ways possible, it's so bad that even a child understands flicking the on & off switch could win a fight, and Sylar has a much higher understanding of things giving him and unfair advantage of being a better combatant than Vader even through he's unarmed.

We really need less Vader vs fights. The short story is without the EU, Vader loses against every other protagonist or antagonist in popular media. Even the Carebears could stare him back to the good side.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 06:06 PM
Sylar.

Gabriel's real power is intuitive aptitude. He can instantly learn and understand the complexity and exactness of organisms, objects, subjects, fields, powers, etc. without the need of long-term or special education. And it's most well known outcome is Sylar's ability to copy the powers of others either by examining the subject's brain or understanding of their character and motivations.

Pre-Ted gives him telekinesis, shattering, freezing, melting (works on any material), enhanced hearing, precognition, a dozen acquired abilities never directly brought up from previous kills, and the possibility of enhanced memory from the original timeline. His mastery of telekinesis allows him to avoid injury from car crashes, falls, bullets and he can also use it to levitate him self giving him the appearance of superhuman levels of endurance.

Sylar outclasses Vader in telekinesis and he isn't limited in his ability to multitask as shown by his ability to simultaneously combine powers and his ambidexterity but as the films depict using telekinesis requires you to forgo using your saber at the same time due to the required levels of concentration it takes to use the force. Vader may have the ability to use force lightning but Sylar has multiple unknown abilities that may unfairly make things one sided. And Jedi/Sith use lightsabers is possibly the worst ways possible, it's so bad that even a child understands flicking the on & off switch could win a fight, and Sylar has a much higher understanding of things giving him and unfair advantage of being a better combatant than Vader even through he's unarmed.

We really need less Vader vs fights. The short story is without the EU, Vader loses against every other protagonist or antagonist in popular media. Even the Carebears could stare him back to the good side.

Sylar can't instantly learn anything. He spent the first 3 seasons constantly trying to find Mohinder (either the son or father) to know who are all the evos they know about. Failing that, he wanted to obtain their list. Failing that, he was trying to locate Molly Parker who has the ability to locate evos. Even when he located an evo, he needed to ask them to show him their powers so he can know what power he was obtaining. Hell he didn't even know what were Peter's powers when he already fought Peter repeatedly. That straight up contradicts everything you described of Sylar's abilities.

Sylar was a clock maker or fixer who used his knowledge of watches to understand the human brain. He literally made the comparison between the two then proceed to put on his clock fixing glasses when first deciding to go inside Brian's brain to obtain his powers. This was a direct ripoff of Dr. Manhattan since Jon Osterman was a clock maker or fixer himself who used his knowledge of clocks to be able to assemble and reassemble molecules which was how Osterman got his body back. Anyone who remembers season 1 of Heroes would know that whole storyline was ripping off Watchmen. That was the first season anyways. Continuity really gets thrown out the window after this point. Due to the writers refusing to explain what are Sylar's powers until season freakkin 3, fans were forced to come up with a bunch of theories. Then the writers actually referenced those fanfic and theories which is not the way you're suppose to write a character. Then afterwards they finally showed Sylar obtaining powers by sniffing a special area in the brain. Though there's still a lot of questions and issues from the previous seasons that doesn't answer, but I'll take it.

Then the writers had to ruin it all by later having Sylar be a Petrelli and acquire powers the same way Peter can. Oh but then we find out Sylar actually isn't a Petrelli and goes back to cutting off heads to gets powers, just ignore how he got Elle's powers I suppose. Then season 4 comes in and now we see all of Sylar's incarnations back to back from one another. One episode he's season 1 Sylar powers, then next he's Petrelli powers Sylar, then next he's fanfiction powers Sylar. Sylar's powers was so badly handled writers couldn't even decide if Sylar still had any of his season 1 powers in the later seasons.

That said at the end, regarding fights none of that matters too much because the character of Sylar constantly forgets he has other powers. He just loves his TK too much. He used his ice powers a few times in season 1 (mostly off screen), but outside that, it's all TK, and as we've seen from Elle, Peter and Samuel, Sylar's TK doesn't block energy attacks or wave attacks. The force however we have seen can block those things.

Kyberwulf
2017-04-18, 06:10 PM
Why is it, in all thes threads with the Force, it's always the end all/be all of whatever it is being compared too.

What Mind Control? Welp.. it's the force user, that means they are autoimmune to all other attempts at mind control.

Telekinesis? welp. It's the Force so... nope no other things can compare to it.

Force Lightning, will vaporize anything in touches(which, btw Vader can't use.)

Precog? Well ... you see.. It works ALL the time so they will never die.

I swear, when I see some people's arguments. It's like I am at the dinner table with Anakin, and he is talking about how the Jedi/sith/force user are unbeatable. .. I sit here eating my cheerios thinking.. If only that were true.

Anteros
2017-04-18, 06:17 PM
This thread is a decade old guys.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 07:30 PM
Why is it, in all thes threads with the Force, it's always the end all/be all of whatever it is being compared too.

What Mind Control? Welp.. it's the force user, that means they are autoimmune to all other attempts at mind control.

Telekinesis? welp. It's the Force so... nope no other things can compare to it.

Force Lightning, will vaporize anything in touches(which, btw Vader can't use.)

Precog? Well ... you see.. It works ALL the time so they will never die.

I swear, when I see some people's arguments. It's like I am at the dinner table with Anakin, and he is talking about how the Jedi/sith/force user are unbeatable. .. I sit here eating my cheerios thinking.. If only that were true.

I'm new to this site, but in this case it has less to do with Vader and more to do with his opposition. Call Vader whatever you want, but he was definitely a tough soldier. Sylar on the other hand I'm having trouble of thinking of any semi decent victories he's had, while there is many losses he suffered from chumps. Add that on top of having a tendency to forget most of his powers outside the one he likes to keep on using. Heroes original tagline was ordinary people with extraordinary powers. The series is a bit too true to that tagline because many of those characters are so ordinary deep down that they don't even know how to fight their way out of a paper bag.

druid91
2017-04-18, 07:51 PM
Can't use Telekinesis and lightsaber at the same time huh (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM)?

Mind you. That is Darth Vader vs EIGHT PEOPLE all shooting at him at once. From different angles. While blocking every shot with the lightsaber and slaughtering them all with Telekinesis and Saber.

Also grabbing a plasma bolt out of the air and flinging it back at some dude.

This was trivial. As evidenced by the fact that the stormtroopers hung back rather than moving forward to help him.

EDIT: Wow. I did not catch on to the gravedigging happening. Wondered why people were bringing up Heroes like it was new.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 08:07 PM
Can't use Telekinesis and lightsaber at the same time huh?

Mind you. That is Darth Vader vs EIGHT PEOPLE all shooting at him at once. From different angles. While blocking every shot with the lightsaber and slaughtering them all with Telekinesis and Saber.

Also grabbing a plasma bolt out of the air and flinging it back at some dude.

This was trivial. As evidenced by the fact that the stormtroopers hung back rather than moving forward to help him.

EDIT: Wow. I did not catch on to the gravedigging happening. Wondered why people were bringing up Heroes like it was new.

I brought it up because I was digging through the site. People were only on season 1 of Heroes back then and wanted to comment since the series is done. It was also easier than creating a new thread.

BTW I counted 9 people in that hallway without even including the later soldiers Vader kills after he gets through the blast door.

Anteros
2017-04-18, 09:18 PM
I brought it up because I was digging through the site. People were only on season 1 of Heroes back then and wanted to comment since the series is done. It was also easier than creating a new thread.

BTW I counted 9 people in that hallway without even including the later soldiers Vader kills after he gets through the blast door.

You probably didn't realize, but it's against site rules to bring back threads after 6 months or so of inactivity.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 09:26 PM
You probably didn't realize, but it's against site rules to bring back threads after 6 months or so of inactivity.

That's a strange rule. They prefer copy cat threads instead?

khadgar567
2017-04-19, 12:12 AM
Didnt watch heroes but syllar can fake being jedi enought times that he somehow understands force and voila we have somehow stable jedi but lets say they both have year prep time and vader acces to cutting edge versions of his implants now we have good fight but during the same year sylar probably pops a cap on one force weilder then he gets all he needs to is train to master them

Dragonexx
2017-04-19, 04:20 AM

Why?

FYI: Midi-Chlorians aren't the source of the force, they're the source of life. ALL living things (at least things with cells, there's some stuff with gas and rock aliens...) in the Star Wars universe have midi-chlorians. They exist in greater numbers in force sensitives and allow them to hear the will of the force, but they don't grant force sensitivity (large midi-chlorian numbers in force sensitives are more a by-product than anything else). Also, attempting to remove them from the body kills both them and the person, and Darth Plageuis learned the hard way that attempting to influence them is a bad idea.

Apparently, which makes no real sense.

Psyren
2017-04-19, 09:09 PM

You agreed to that rule when you signed up.

Anteros
2017-04-19, 09:26 PM

I don't really get it either, but it is what it is.

Chromascope3D
2017-04-19, 10:52 PM
I think the best way to go about it would be to start a new thread with maybe a link to the original in the OP, and say that you saw this discussion and thought it was interesting and wanted to bring it up again.

Also, it's so uncanny to see a Star Wars discussion that predates the Plinkett Reviews. We were so naive then. :smallwink:

Nerd-o-rama
2017-04-20, 03:41 PM

Why the hell would you want to copy this thread anyway? Vs. threads are moronic, says a guy who posted in this one.

That said, hey, I predicted one of the major movie departures in Darths & Droids with that blood transfusion crack, go me.

Seriously though telekinetic < telekinetic combat-precognitive with a lightsaber.

Mato
2017-04-21, 11:49 AM
Sylar can't instantly learn anything. He spent the first 3 seasons constantly trying to find Mohinder (either the son or father) to know who are all the evos they know about.Of course he can't. He had the precognition ability for like a single episode before losing it to the Shanti virus which had him chasing after Mohinder for the cure, do you not recall that?

For the purposes of the thread through, Sylar is right before acquiring the ubernuke, because nuke and end series Sylar would be far to powerful for most opponents. And he used precognition to successfully locate Ted and acquire his powers in the middle of a FBI transport.

This thread is a decade old guys.I believe this websites have mods that can speak for them selves if they wish.

Can't use Telekinesis and lightsaber at the same time huh (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM)?Yep, thanks for the visual.

He puts his saber down to lift a guy to the roof around 01:08. Then he absentmindedly backslashes him while holding his arm up protecting his face as the other guys miss then goes back to the force & no saber to reflect a laser bolt with his fist shortly after that. Then he rips guns away and then finally resumes proficiently fighting with his saber. At least until he stops to lift-choke another guy. Rewatch it, the closet he gets to using the force & light saber simultaneously is a wrist spin while holding a guy.

According to the no longer applicable novels. Force-based telekinesis requires a lot of concentration for force-senses and imaginary visualization. Lightsaber combat also requires focus, you are already tapping into foresight, adding weight to your blade so you can track it, trying to enhance your speed, and even the power of your attacks to break the other guy's guard. Vader, and every single film-depicted Jedi or Sith, do not possess the ability to multitask well enough to adequately engage in light saber combat and active force powers simultaneously. They break it up, moving to basic guarding while using the force in brief periods to minimize openings.

That's a strange rule. They prefer copy cat threads instead?Yes, but you can revise the rules and clear things up. Like how Sylar doesn't have any midichlorians and is likely immune to many abilities the force until he gets a blood transfusion, it's an inherent weakness of Star Wars vs threads, they use things that are exclusive to their world. Like how Bleach's shinigamis are ghosts immune to the corporeal world, which is why the OPs tend to tell you to ignore that.

Norrefve
2017-05-24, 09:18 AM
I'm gonna have to side with Syler on this one.

Again, his intuitive aptitude is a huge edge against someone with so many hard-to-see, but fatal weaknesses.

Syler's TK can stop bullets, and a normal metal wall can stop a lightsaber (thinking about the blast doors in Ep. I). It logically follows that Syler's TK can stop Vader's lightsaber and is fast enough to be able to be able to do so.

Also, Vader cannot use force lightning, and I can't think of a single instance where Anakin or Vader uses a mind trick, and even if he could, I seriously doubt Syler counts as "weak-minded".

There isn't anything Vader can throw (yuk yuk) at Syler that he can't easily block or counter.