PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help building a character

edwin1993
2015-10-07, 03:58 AM
need help building a level 3 character can have a +1 race or template. trying to optimize it as much as possible would prefer it to be a cleric most of the party has fast heal do too race/template. current party members are a neutral gray elf/necropolitan/evolved undead wizard 3; a lawful evil human swordsage 3; and a neutral evil dark/whisper gnome rogue 3. My last character was a elf/necropolitan/evolved undead cleric 2/battle sorcerer variant from unearthed arcana 1. he was killed by the d.m. big boss who had ravages on his body so i took dex damage since then the rogue was almost killed when we were attacked by dire lions its his first game running it and he believes a party of ecl 4's can take out cr 5' with out dying. stats r 4d6 reroll 1's my stats i rolled were 18,17,16,15,14,12 i want him to be able to survive and make a difference in a fight.

WeaselGuy
2015-10-07, 01:31 PM
I'm AFB right now, so I'm not sure if the Saint Template is +1 or +3. If it's +1, throw that on a Lesser Aasimar, and you have an extremely potent base for a Cleric. If it's +3, then forget about the template, and just go with a regular Aasimar (+1).

dascarletm
2015-10-07, 01:39 PM
Would I be correct in assuming that your character needs to be evil, or at least down with evil? If so saint isn't going to work.

WeaselGuy
2015-10-07, 01:46 PM
Would I be correct in assuming that your character needs to be evil, or at least down with evil? If so saint isn't going to work.

Good point... Also, Saint appears to be +2 anyways, so it's off the table. Aasimar is still a solid choice, and nobody expects an evil Aasimar. For stat distribution, I suggest the following:

Strength - 15
Dexterity - 12
Constitution - 18
Intelligence - 14
Wisdom - 17
Charisma - 16

With the racial +2's to Wisdom and Charisma, you end up with 3 +4's.

Dread_Head
2015-10-07, 01:46 PM
I'm AFB right now, so I'm not sure if the Saint Template is +1 or +3. If it's +1, throw that on a Lesser Aasimar, and you have an extremely potent base for a Cleric. If it's +3, then forget about the template, and just go with a regular Aasimar (+1).

Saint is LA2 but even ignoring that the rest of his party is evil so it would be a poor fit really. Same with Aasimar.

I would recommend the Feral template from Savage Species and put it on a LA 0 race of your choice, probably human for the feat. I'd put the 18 in wis, 17 in str, 15 in con, 16 in cha, 14 in int and 12 in dex. Wear full plate. Take the planning and undeath domains for Extend Spell and Extra Turning. Take Persistant Spell and Divine Metamagic: Persist. You should be able to persist one spell and with a reliquary holy symbol you should have enough to persist two. Chose your favourite defensive spells and have them running all day long.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-07, 01:56 PM
Dark creature from ToM?

dascarletm
2015-10-07, 01:58 PM
for a LA 0 race, to hearken to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?448007-this-thread-is-about-anthropomorphic-whales-now), an anthropomorphic bat gives you a lot of wisdom. May or may not be to your tastes.

Then add the feral or dark template to it.

WeaselGuy
2015-10-07, 02:06 PM
Saint is LA2 but even ignoring that the rest of his party is evil so it would be a poor fit really. Same with Aasimar.

Now I want to play a LE Dark Lesser Aasimar Cleric, just to be contrary.

dascarletm
2015-10-07, 02:20 PM
Now I want to play a LE Dark Lesser Aasimar Cleric, just to be contrary.

My parents don't get me... Applies eyeliner (gaining dark template), I'm EVIL.