PDA

View Full Version : The science crew

djreynolds
2015-10-07, 04:07 AM
I just read a thread on an all rogue party, and I watched the Martian.

Give me a group of characters that would be more of an exploration expedition that could defend themselves.

I was thinking Lore Bard, Ranger (beast master) for its scouting, Nature Cleric over Druid (perhaps you'll meet up with a druid), I was think a barbarian that you would meet up with and maybe a Wizard with some Knowledge Cleric, and rogue, maybe arcane trickster for that mending cantrip.

A group of skill monkeys who can fight if they can't talk it out

Nowhere Girl
2015-10-07, 09:13 AM

Give me a group of characters that would be more of an exploration expedition that could defend themselves.

I was thinking Lore Bard, Ranger (beast master) for its scouting, Nature Cleric over Druid (perhaps you'll meet up with a druid), I was think a barbarian that you would meet up with and maybe a Wizard with some Knowledge Cleric, and rogue, maybe arcane trickster for that mending cantrip.

You could substitute a totem barbarian for the ranger. They get abilities that arguably make them better scouts anyway.

TopCheese
2015-10-07, 09:17 AM

Rogue 2/Random Class X (roll 1d12 to determine class). Do this 4 or 5 times and there you go.

Rogues can multiclass great with any other class as Dex can be important or a main stat for every other class (13 dex will benefit anyone).

djreynolds
2015-10-08, 02:28 AM
That's cool, but the barbarian and druid I would hope to meet during play, same with an Oath of Ancients Paladin.

The rogue or even bard is cool as well.

Even the premise of a shipped wreck pirate crew or expedition gone wrong.

rollingForInit
2015-10-08, 02:34 AM
Lore Bard, Wizard, Life Cleric, Thief Rogue.

The bard is a great jack of all trades. The wizard has superior general utility with a vast array of spells for every occasion, I'm thinking either Transmutation or Divination as school. The cleric can heal, create food, water, can go into melee and fight/tank if necessary. The rogue has a great number of skills, can dish out damage in a fight, and has quite the out of combat utility as well.

djreynolds
2015-10-08, 04:06 AM
Lore Bard, Wizard, Life Cleric, Thief Rogue.

The bard is a great jack of all trades. The wizard has superior general utility with a vast array of spells for every occasion, I'm thinking either Transmutation or Divination as school. The cleric can heal, create food, water, can go into melee and fight/tank if necessary. The rogue has a great number of skills, can dish out damage in a fight, and has quite the out of combat utility as well.

Yeah this cool as well. I want to have like no survival guys who have to now survive, but have the potential to. Like smart guys who are in an alien land, so this group would definitely fit the bill. I would add in like a fighter or warlock too, just to have guys totally out of their element, good for group dynamics.

And later on in the adventure would meet up with rangers, go deeper, barbarians, druids, and then like OoA Paladin guarding like a fountain of youth.

rollingForInit
2015-10-08, 04:57 AM
Yeah this cool as well. I want to have like no survival guys who have to now survive, but have the potential to. Like smart guys who are in an alien land, so this group would definitely fit the bill. I would add in like a fighter or warlock too, just to have guys totally out of their element, good for group dynamics.

And later on in the adventure would meet up with rangers, go deeper, barbarians, druids, and then like OoA Paladin guarding like a fountain of youth.

I would also add in either a fighter or a warlock if I could add more. Warlocks are very versatile, and the fighter (Battlemaster or Eldritch Knight) would also add some versatility and be that lone gun-freak of the group.

djreynolds
2015-10-09, 04:59 AM
I would also add in either a fighter or a warlock if I could add more. Warlocks are very versatile, and the fighter (Battlemaster or Eldritch Knight) would also add some versatility and be that lone gun-freak of the group.

Very cool. But really I just want the angry whining element as well. The rest group is building a cabin and fighter is building a catapult.