Level: Clr 1, Pal 1
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: 1 Held Melee Weapon
Duration: 1 round/caster level
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: Yes

Causes one weapon held by the caster to do +1d6 damage for every two caster levels, max +6d6 at level 12 to undead. The weapon may be passed off to someone else after the spell is cast. This spell does nothing against creatures besides undead. Does not stack with Bane: Undead, instead use whichever value is higher..

Focus: One melee weapon onto which the spell is cast.

Vampire Blade
Necromacy [Evil]
Level: Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 5,
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Touch
Target: One Held Melee Weapon
Duration: 1 round/caster level
Saving Throw: None

Same as a Vampiric Touch spell, except it effects one weapon held by the caster which can then be passed on to someone else. The temporay hit points are gained by whoever is using the weapon when it hits.

Focus: One melee weapon upon which the spell is cast.

Dragon Breath
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: See text
Range: See Text
Target: See Text
Duration: Instantanious
Saving Throw: Reflex Half

This spell simulates the breath weapon of a Great Wyrm dragon. The type of dragon it suimulates is choosen at the tim eof preperation for wizards, or at the casting time for sorcerers. Wizards cast it as a standard action, Sorcerers cast it as a full round action as though casting a metamagic spell. However Dragon Disciples cast it as a standard action, but may only select the type of dragon that he choose upon entering the class.

Material Component: A tooth from the variety of dragon you are simulating. A character with a Dragon Disciple level of 5 or more can forgo this.

XP: 1000

JackMage666
2007-05-20, 11:56 PM
Life Blade is way too strong for a 0 level spell. It's alright for a Paladin 1, but definately not Cleric 0. Judging by it's limited use (Undead only), and generally low damage (+1d6/2 levels), I'd say a 1st level spell, though it could be called a 2nd level Cleric spell as well... I'd vote for 1st, because it only works vs. Undead.

Katasi
2007-05-21, 12:28 AM
Life Blade is way too strong for a 0 level spell. It's alright for a Paladin 1, but definately not Cleric 0. Judging by it's limited use (Undead only), and generally low damage (+1d6/2 levels), I'd say a 1st level spell, though it could be called a 2nd level Cleric spell as well... I'd vote for 1st, because it only works vs. Undead.

Fixed, I was originally going to make it 1st level but second guessed myself.

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 12:36 AM
Compare and contrast with the "Disruption" spell and then to "Bane, Undead" vs "Disruption" effects on weapons for the Life Blade?

Katasi
2007-05-21, 12:47 AM
Compare and contrast with the "Disruption" spell and then to "Bane, Undead" vs "Disruption" effects on weapons for the Life Blade?

I changed it to not stacking with Undead Bane weapons, and with a disruption weapon... well, if the undead fails it's will save it doesn't matter, and if it makes it's will save disruption does nothing, so Life Blade can work normally. Or does anyone think that's overpowered?

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 01:50 AM
Good changes... but not what I meant...
I THINK there is a Disruption Spell somewhere in the WotC publications (might be Eberron or even the SRD but it is too late at night for me to look it up).
This spell is to "Disruption" Spell approximately as "Bane Undead" weapon enchantment is to "Disruption" weapon enchantment, was the comparison for setting spell level that I was suggesting... not that the numbers should match in an algebraic way, but those relationships should be a mental path worth following... leave the numbers out of it per se is what I am trying to say...

Katasi
2007-05-21, 01:56 AM
Dirupting Weapon spell? Just found it. Works the same as the diruption weapon special ability. I see no reason that both spells can't be used... assuming your cleric wants to use two spell slots like that.

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 02:38 AM
Get some sleep (I wish I could right now), then come back when you are rested... then maybe you will understand what I am trying to say...