PDA

View Full Version : The Tsiachkk

Ikkorous
2007-05-21, 12:37 AM
Tsiachkk

Tsiachkk stand about three to three and a quarter feet tall and are usually thirty to fifty pounds, with females being slightly shorter and lighter than males. They appear to be Halflings at first glance, but with subtle differences. Their eyes are pure black, like spiders, they have four fingers and toes to their hands/feet, and each of these possess one extra joint to them for additional length, ending in claws. They have fangs and sharp teeth which can be used as weapons. Also, Tsiachkk have four spider-like arms that emerge from their back. Tsiachkk hair color is most often black, but any dark color is possible, and their eyes are always black. Skin tones range from pale white to light grey.

Small Monstrous Humanoid
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence (Tsiachkk are naturally agile and quick witted, but are not too strong or hardy)
- Small size
- A Tsiachkk’s base land speed is 20 ft.
- Darkvision: Tsiachkk can see in the dark up to 60 ft.
- Special Qualities: Extra limbs, light sensitivity, spider climb
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment - +2

Extra limbs - A Tsiachkk has six arms, two that grow from its shoulders as a normal humanoid, then four fully retractable arms that grow from its back. Retracting or extending the arms is a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. These arms function just as normal arms by wielding weapons or assisting in movement. If a Tsiachkk uses all four of its extra arms to locomotion, it increases its movement speed by 20 ft. Standard rules apply if a Tsiachkk wishes to use all six arms in combat.

Light Sensitivity - Tsiachkk are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a Daylight spell

Spiderwalk - Tsiachkk can walk on walls and ceilings as if it were the floor. This ability gives Tsiachkk a +8 to climb checks.

Vermin Empathy (spider)

Multiattack bonus feat

+4 to hide, -4 to grapple, +1 to attack, +1 to AC

Racial - +2 to spot, move silently

JackMage666
2007-05-21, 12:43 AM
If you want to reduce the LA, make it so you can't use the extra limbs for weilding weapons or improving speed. The claw attacks still work (4 Attacks for 1d3+Str, or 1/2 Str if used as secondary), as does the spider climb. Should make it a +1 LA if you make those changes.

Ikkorous
2007-05-21, 12:49 AM
True, but that cuts out most of the awesomeness.

It's actually toned down from where I had originally thought it up, as originally I wanted to have the extra arms also work for delicate work such as skills.

Ran this through a DM of mine 'fore he left to Germany.

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 01:09 AM
Ok, so it is a halfling that starts with many of the abilities and disadvantages of the "Fang of Lolth" prestige class (at least as how it stood in 3.0 Song and Silence)...

JackMage666
2007-05-21, 01:36 AM
Generally, if a character can weild a weapon with a limb, he can do a skill check with it as well.

Seriously, though, other player might hate you with this. Taking Multiweapon fighting means you get 6 Attacks at a -2 Penalty (if their light weapons) or -4 (if they're one-handed) is imensly powerful for an ECL 3 character. If you're going to have it that way, the LA should be higher, because 6 Attacks with weapons by level 3 is wholey too powerful. I'd say the build is more like +4 LA, or +3 LA with 2 Racial HD. It's stronger than a Non-Psionic Thri-Kreen as is, for considerable less.

Ikkorous
2007-05-21, 01:55 AM
Thri-Kreen have a lot of special abilities.

Base speed of 40, Darkvision, Immune to sleep effects, +3 Nat armor, poison from their bite attack, +30 to jump checks and no limit on how high they can jump, chameleon and know direction three times a day, psionic displacement and metaphysical claw once a day, and deflect arrows as a bonus feat.

True, they have an LA of 2 and 2 levels of monstrous humanoid, but look at everything else they have.

And while I agree that six attacks as a third level character is a bit much, on average these attacks will be dealing under a d6 of damage, not including strength, so how powerful is it, really?

Then there's the factor of base attack bonus, or lack thereof. A first level rogue had a 0 BAB, so if you look at it, six attacks at -2, +0, + strength of low = d20 + what would usually wind up, at best, being +0.

I'm thinking the average CR 3 monster would be able to easily dodge or block the haphazard fury of steel and claw, unless we had a lucky player.

But then again, monsters usually don't stand up to lucky players very well anyways.

Ikkorous
2007-05-21, 02:05 AM
Ok, so it is a halfling that starts with many of the abilities and disadvantages of the "Fang of Lolth" prestige class (at least as how it stood in 3.0 Song and Silence)...

Minus skill bonuses, sneak attack die, insight bonus to attack, natural armor bonuses, summon swarm ability, and vermin type...yeah...kinda.

Heavily inspired by, yes. I was wondering for a while why the PrC was never officially adapted to 3.5.

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 02:08 AM
Not an interensically good thing, not an intrensically bad thing, was just wondering...

If they are there own race there is much less reason for them to be able to retract the spider legs, so if you are looking to whittle it down that is something you could do...

JackMage666
2007-05-21, 08:37 AM
Thri-Kreen have a lot of special abilities.

Base speed of 40, Darkvision, Immune to sleep effects, +3 Nat armor, poison from their bite attack, +30 to jump checks and no limit on how high they can jump, chameleon and know direction three times a day, psionic displacement and metaphysical claw once a day, and deflect arrows as a bonus feat.

True, they have an LA of 2 and 2 levels of monstrous humanoid, but look at everything else they have.

And while I agree that six attacks as a third level character is a bit much, on average these attacks will be dealing under a d6 of damage, not including strength, so how powerful is it, really?

Then there's the factor of base attack bonus, or lack thereof. A first level rogue had a 0 BAB, so if you look at it, six attacks at -2, +0, + strength of low = d20 + what would usually wind up, at best, being +0.

I'm thinking the average CR 3 monster would be able to easily dodge or block the haphazard fury of steel and claw, unless we had a lucky player.

But then again, monsters usually don't stand up to lucky players very well anyways.

I said Non-Psionic Thri-Kreen, who lack the psi-like abilities - However, due to the Expanded Psionic Handbook, the ones with Psi-Like Abilities are a tad strong for their ECL. Wizard updated where they didn't need to again.

Also, you have to favor your favored class - The base damage of the weapon won't be that great, no, but when you factor in the Sneak Attack Damage - Multiweapon fighting reduces penalties to -2, and you're small size, netting a nice +1 to attacks. Byt 5th level, you'll take Weapon Finesse or Weapon Focus (Let's say, Short Sword), as applicable, improving your chance to hit. So, as a 5th level rogue, it's reasonable to assume that you'll have a +5 to hit with all weapons, and, if all hit (Remember, your foe is flat-footed or flanked, increasing chances), you'll be doing 12d6+6d4 (Short Swords)+Str Mods. That's a whole lot for a 5th level character.