PDA

View Full Version : Rod of Laevus Levus (cursed item)

Dragoon
2007-05-21, 03:18 AM
Well I'm DMing a campaign and plan for the PCs to run into this rod. The background of said rod(s) is that a wizard gnome who had a grudge with someone and created a "gift" for the human for humorous revenge.

When first activated by a person, the rod releases an illusion of a lightning bolt that seems to almost hit the target. Each time afterwards, roll a d12, and whatever number rolled is the effect that happens. Use 2/day, activation standard action. Detects as illusion, not sure what level as a magic item it should be or market price... Also, way to get rid of the item is to find someone willing to want the rod without any compensation or compulsion. If discarded, it appears in owner's hand one round later, displacing an object held if both hands are full.

1. Cause bubbles to come out in a 10 ft by 10 ft area that lasts for 1 round
2. Cause butterflies to come out from the staff, 5 ft by 5 ft area that flies away or vanishes in 5 rounds
3. Create an illusion of a lightning bolt missing target
4. Create a small cloud above user and sprinkle rain on user until start of next round
5. Paints a small one foot circumference circle on target (d6 which color) which lasts for 1d4 hours
6. Paints a small one foot circumference circle on user (d6 which color) which lasts for 1d4 hours
7. Changes sex of user (d4 hours)
8. Changes sex of target (d4 hours)
9. User breaks out into song for 1d4 rounds
10. Target breaks out into song for 1d4 rounds
11. Target can only speak gnome for the next 1d6 hours, if they do not know the language, the user does not understand themselves, and any arcane spells with a verbal component receive a 20% arcane spell failure
12. User can only speak gnome for the next 1d6 hours, if they do not know the language, the user does not understand themselves, and any arcane spells with a verbal component receive a 20% arcane spell failure

Colors on d6
1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple

lacesmcawesome
2007-05-21, 04:06 AM
9) The wielder breaks out into song for 1d4 rounds.
(there should probably be a list of songs, too. but uh, since it's five in the morning here, I'm just not that motivated)

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-21, 08:33 AM
10. An illusion quartet of singing kobolds apears and everyone (including weilder) must make a DC20 will save to not start dancing uncontrolably.

Reinboom
2007-05-21, 08:45 AM
If the activation is failed by 10 or more, the effects are replaced by equivalents with the transmutation school, and lasts a considerably longer time.:smalltongue:

Rod of Laevus Levus
I wouldn't imagine a rod of which is trying to trick it's holder to be named something that is obviously of foolish nature.

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 08:51 AM
Not like it is wearing a name-tag... and I don't think Identify gives the name per se.

JackMage666
2007-05-21, 10:35 AM
11. The Weilder can only speak Gnome for 2d6 hours. If he does not know Gnome, he does not gain the ability to understand it. In other words, while in his mind he knows what he is saying, he does not comprehend what is comming out of his mouth. 20% failure for Verbal Component spells.

Dragoon
2007-05-21, 10:54 AM
Definitely like the name change. Also taking some ideas, though I do not like the band being kobold, I'm thinking gnome, just more of the world the campaign in, gnomes and kobolds really don't get along.

Thanks for all the ideas lacesmcawesome, Mr. Moogle, SweetRein, and JackMage666.