PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Idol: Akashic Medium Spirit

Milo v3
2015-10-08, 03:04 AM
Idol
An idol spirit was a being venerated as if divine to the extent they became embedded in the collective unconscious of the akashic records.
Spirit Bonus: When you channel an idol, your spirit bonus applies on attack and damage rolls of veils, disguise checks to hide the fact that he has an uninvested veilshaped, the DC's of veils, hardness of veils, natural weapon attack and damage rolls, and skill checks of your passion skills.
Seance Boon: You gain 1 point of essence.
Favoured Locations: Castles, courthouses, homes, places of power, prisons, summits of mountains, theatres
Influence Penalty: You start to feel as if you had the power of a god, becoming overconfident and prideful. You take a penalty equal to your spirit bonus to initiative checks and charisma based skill checks against creatures that have an attitude of indifferent or worse.
Taboos: Choose one; You hate any true divine, so you must not be the willing target of divine spells or abilities and you must attempt a Will saving throw against even harmless divine spells and abilities; you feel as though you must form your own legend, whenever the opportunity exists you must take credit for any event that would expand your reputation (regardless of if it would make you infamous when you'd prefer to be famous, or if doing so would be a crime); you venerate the false nature of the idols, losing the ability to tell the direct truth; as a god you bow to no one, and cannot take any subservient actions towards anyone.
False Divinity (Lesser, Su): You gain veilweaving of a daevic equal in level to your class level, except that you cannot shape veils to your blood slot as you have no blood slot. In addition, you must select a passion, though the only benefit gained from these passions are passion veils and the skills determining your spirit bonus.
Diverse Legend (Intermediate, Su): You gain the ability to bind veils to the hands and feet slots. In addition, you can let this legend gain 1 influence on you as a free action to immediately cause one veil you have shaped to count as if it was one of your passion veils for 1 minute.
Mortal Myth (Greater, Su): You gain the ability to bind veils to the shoulders and wrist slots. In addition, any of your passion veils that have at least one point of essence invested in them are actually physical transformations of your body, thus cannot be sundered or dispelled. Finally, your essence capacity with your passion veils increases by 2.
Gluttonous God (Supreme, Su): You gain the ability to bind veils to the belt and neck slots. In addition, your bodies akashic nature causes it to feed on the emotions of those nearby. As long as there is a creature capable of feeling the emotion associated with your current passion with 100 ft., you gain fast healing 1, darkvision 60 ft. and do not need to eat, drink or sleep.

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-08, 12:24 PM
I'm afraid this isn't very constructive, but I just wanted to say that the flavor of this is really cool, and I think creating new medium spirits is one of the more exciting PF homebrew frontiers at present. Sadly, I have no familiarity with the akashic mysteries ruleset, so I cannot issue any verdicts on the mechanics.

Cheers,
- Gears

Milo v3
2015-10-08, 03:11 PM
I'm afraid this isn't very constructive, but I just wanted to say that the flavor of this is really cool, and I think creating new medium spirits is one of the more exciting PF homebrew frontiers at present. Sadly, I have no familiarity with the akashic mysteries ruleset, so I cannot issue any verdicts on the mechanics.

Cheers,
- Gears

Hey, flavour comments are important too. Good to hear that it sounds cool. :smalltongue:

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-09, 01:53 AM
No, that's a good point. I've been fiddling in my own homebrew stuff with a bunch of class ideas centered around "false gods" and "anti-priests" and weird things like that, so this speaks to me. I'll try to read up some on this akashic stuff (noticed there's a bit of info on d20pfsrd.com) and hopefully get back to you on the soulless mechanistic front of the archetype. :)

Cheers,
- Gears