PDA

View Full Version : Well thats one way to save the world

Guinea Anubis
2007-05-21, 10:09 AM
So in the game I am playing in. Are group is a Rogue (me), Pally, and Monk. We have been hired to save the Kings Daughter from some kinda cult that is going to sacrifice her to bring there god in to this world.

Well as we sneak and fight are way to her. We find out they picked her because they need someone of royal blood that was a virgin.

So we end up alerting the whole place that we are there after some really bad rolls. So there we are surounded and backed in to a storage room. So the Pally and the Monk look at my Rogue since he is the brains of the group for a plan. I come up with this "Cover the door I have an Idea", "Princesses take off all your cloths we have to De-Virginize you so you are no longer a suitable sacrifice!", and to my shock I rolled well and she went along with it "to save the world"

Well after some more killing and some very odd negotiations we get out of there by the skins of are teeth with the Princesses in tow since she was no longer of any use to them. Well needless to say we did not get payed the full reward since the King was not to happy about his Daughter being ummm.... deflowered.

But there you have it we saved the world with the power of Sex!

Solo
2007-05-21, 10:15 AM
Brilliant.

Hiruma
2007-05-21, 10:20 AM
The Pally agreed? That's one hardcore Pally.

Green Bean
2007-05-21, 10:23 AM
I commend your Rogue's commitment to duty. He truly gave it his all. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, what did the princess say?

Guinea Anubis
2007-05-21, 01:26 PM
The Pally agreed? That's one hardcore Pally.

well it was for the greater good of saving the world.

I commend your Rogue's commitment to duty. He truly gave it his all. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, what did the princess say?

before or after?

Draz74
2007-05-21, 01:34 PM
Certainly creative. I hope it led to a subplot where your character started a campaign for the right to marry the princess -- that's the logical turn for the story to take, right?

Green Bean
2007-05-21, 01:48 PM
before or after?

Both. :smallamused:

And I wonder if there will be future plot complications, like a bouncy baby ____.

Guinea Anubis
2007-05-21, 02:08 PM
Certainly creative. I hope it led to a subplot where your character started a campaign for the right to marry the princess -- that's the logical turn for the story to take, right?

Seeing how I have played this rogue up to this point I don't thing so. I have played him a lot like Jiraiya from Naruto.

Both. :smallamused:

And I wonder if there will be future plot complications, like a bouncy baby ____.

She first said something along the the lines of " Fine but I will only do it to save the world, I will get no joy out of this act"

After we where done her tune was more like "that IS a lot of fun, I think I will have to be doing more of that"

It did take some fast thinking and negotiations with her dad the king not to get my rogue turned in to a unic (sp?) and even more negotiations to get the monk and Palyy payed for the job. The rogue did not get any money for this job :smallfrown: , but I do guess that one was my own fult.

So if there is some complications I have a feeling it will be my rogue running for his life with a bounty on his head.

Driderman
2007-05-21, 02:13 PM
Hm... Traditionally speaking, wouldn't the king marry off his daugther as quickly as possible before somebody hears this story?
And if so, and if the union of princess and rogue should happen to be... em, fruitful...

You just might be the true father to the future king...

Congratulations, you are his tedious, overused plotdevice :smallbiggrin:

PaladinBoy
2007-05-21, 07:24 PM
........ Unbelievable.

I don't think the pally would mind that much. If I were playing that paladin, I would say that it doesn't seem right to do that, but I would say that if the princess agreed it would be fine. Which she did. So the pally might find it a little distasteful, but would also admire and respect the princess for making that sacrifice to save the world.

I can understand the king's reaction, though. Easy to see why he wasn't happy.

Dhavaer
2007-05-21, 07:31 PM
And I wonder if there will be future plot complications, like a bouncy baby.

That's why you should always have at least one female character in the party. It's always useful to have someone who can deflower princesses without the risk of unwanted heirs.

Demented
2007-05-21, 07:32 PM
The only real question: What's her charisma?

Edit:
I suppose that would depend on your definition of virgin, Dhav.
Of course, by that same token and depending on how far you want to stretch D&D genetics, that would work with just about any other race... After all, you never hear about half-gnomes. :smallamused:

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-21, 07:37 PM
Well, it couldn't have been too high. Isn't the opposed check to Bluff CHA-based?

Dhavaer
2007-05-21, 07:45 PM
Well, it couldn't have been too high. Isn't the opposed check to Bluff CHA-based?

No. Sense Motive is Wisdom based.

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-21, 07:47 PM
That's why you should always have at least one female character in the party. It's always useful to have someone who can deflower princesses without the risk of unwanted heirs.
Incidentally, I want to use this as a pitch to hire my next female adventurer.

"We need you along in case we have to deflower a princess. You can never be too careful in our line of work."

Demented
2007-05-21, 08:02 PM
Even better:
"We need you in case we need to deflower a prince. You truly can't be too careful in our line of work. Of course, by that we mean we're going to use your gp to buy a few vials of Dafik's Easily-Washable Lubricant. We had some before, but it got used up–I mean lost. Yeah, lost."

Also, while Sense Motive is opposite bluff, he used a diplomacy check, not bluff. Opposed diplomacy checks (if there are any) use charisma.

For the rogue, though, I'd more likely recommend a Disable Device check. Danged chastity belts.

Maulrus
2007-05-21, 08:03 PM

Hm... After reading this, I'm considering the best way to change my Elf Wizard randomly from a male to a female... >_>

ocato
2007-05-21, 08:07 PM
Even better:
"We need you in case we need to deflower a prince. You truly can't be too careful in our line of work. Of course, by that we mean we're going to use your gp to buy a few vials of Dafik's Easily-Washable Lubricant. We had some before, but it got used up–I mean lost. Yeah, lost."

Also, while Sense Motive is opposite bluff, he used a diplomacy check, not bluff. Opposed diplomacy checks (if there are any) use charisma.

For the rogue, though, I'd more likely recommend a Disable Device check. Danged chastity belts.

So the rogue used diplomacy to deflower the virgin princess? Not to hurt your feelings, but you know that any Bard worth his salt would be king of said land within a fortnight.

my_evil_twin
2007-05-21, 08:11 PM
The whole situation reminds me of this (http://www.partiallyclips.com/storage/20051020_Volcano_lg.png) comic.

lacesmcawesome
2007-05-21, 08:21 PM
You sir,

have my respect. That's just too good.

I can see the new pick up lines,
"Hey babe, I bet you can probably tell, but I'm an adventurer, and I'm out to save the world. I've heard that Cthulu's followers are planning to sacrifice you, as a virgin....

so wanna save the world?"

ocato
2007-05-21, 08:24 PM
This actually reminds me of this 80s fantasy movie I saw the other day called Dragonslayer. This kid is trying to save his girlfriend and also a princess from being virgin sacrifices, and he doesn't grab his crotch or do a pelvic thrust or anything. Obviously they had morals in the 80s that we today do not. Just look at Cindy Lauper.

F.L.
2007-05-21, 08:30 PM
It did take some fast thinking and negotiations with her dad the king not to get my rogue turned in to a unic (sp?)

Unic, the singular form of Unix.

Demented
2007-05-21, 08:38 PM
You're probably looking for Eunuch, singular form of Guy With No Balls.

SilverClawShift
2007-05-21, 09:15 PM
Didn't this happen in a Jim Carrey movie? Once Bitten I think it was called?

Lord_Kimboat
2007-05-22, 12:21 AM
Hm... After reading this, I'm considering the best way to change my Elf Wizard randomly from a male to a female... >_>

Ah, so this is what Vaarsuvius' gender is all about!!

Actually I don't think a paladin would mind terribly much. Most religions in D&D don't have any vow of chastity and there seems to be a greater deal of equality among the sexes than one might expect. So, it's logical to assume that sex isn't seen as 'dirty' or 'evil' in most D&D terms.

Guinea Anubis
2007-05-22, 06:34 AM
You're probably looking for Eunuch, singular form of Guy With No Balls.

yes I was.

Talya
2007-05-22, 07:03 AM
Or you could save the cheerleader.