PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Oath of Nudity Paladin Subclass WIP

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 03:57 AM
Added to my portfolio at Dungeon Master's Guild.

Credit given to Pyon and Ninja_Prawn, for help with fluff and spells respectively. Thanks guys!

And is now available for free at the Dungeon Master's Guild, as a Pay What You want title! Find it here, and download it for free if you'd like: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/175288/Paladin-Oath-of-Nudity-and-10-New-Spells

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 05:49 AM
We are... NUDIST BEACH!!!

http://i.imgur.com/XuaoKg3.gif

At first glance, it looks alright. +2 HP per level is unprecedented, but probably ok. Loving 'turn the clothed'!

khadgar567
2015-10-08, 06:50 AM
Tenets of Nudity
-The human (elvish, dwarvish, etc.) body is a beautiful thing
-Never be ashamed of who you are, and never shame anyone else for being who they are
-Respect others, but be true to yourself

3rd

5th

9th

13th

17th

Armor of the Unclothed
Your natural radiance and beauty is as good as any armor. At level 3, when wearing no clothing, your AC equals 10+Dexterity modifier+Charisma modifer.

Where Did You Get That From?
Starting at level 3, you may as a bonus action pull any piece of equipment you own from seemingly nowhere. This is to prevent the need for pockets or similar.

Channel Divinity
Divine Beauty-All foes within 30' must make a Constitution saving throw or be blinded for one minute. At the start of each of your turns, any affected creature gets another saving throw.
Turn the Clothed-As "Turn the Unholy", but applies to anyone wearing clothes.

Aura of Protection
Starting at level 7, all allies within 10' gain half your proficiency bonus to AC.
At 18th level, the range increases to 30'.

Purity of Body
At 15th level, your body is now free from any minor imperfections it may have had before. Gain an additional 2 HP per level.

Beauty Unlimited

So the subclass is mostly finished, but I still need to figure out a capstone and Oath spells. Any advice or critiques would be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.
lady's and gentlemen here is the mark 3 version of talya's vow of nudity this one strikes perfectly hope somehow she comments this peace

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 08:35 AM
Thank you for the comments. Any idea what spells to add and what the capstone could be?

Also, added Endure Elements to Armor of the Unclothed.

khadgar567
2015-10-08, 09:02 AM
Thank you for the comments. Any idea what spells to add and what the capstone could be?

Also, added Endure Elements to Armor of the Unclothed.
actually you can add some spells from these books( book of erotic fantasy, blue magic, quintessential temptress)
and its pretty much done even with out capstone skill

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 09:03 AM
I'm looking for 5E spells, not 3.P spells. If you have any suggestions of conversions to make, that'd be great, thtough.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 09:08 AM
I'm looking for 5E spells, not 3.P spells. If you have any suggestions of conversions to make, that'd be great, thtough.

Indeed, I'd be happy to help with converting spells. I don't have any of the aforementioned books, but Quintessential Temptress is such a brilliant title for a rulebook, I'm tempted to go out and get a copy!

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 09:11 AM
Any spells you can convert/think of, Ninja Prawn, would be greatly appreciated. I myself am horrible at spellmaking (why I made Xelor a Rogue subclass) so if you can pick up the slack, much appreciation would be had.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 09:23 AM
First: I love this subclass.

Second: The capstone for paladin is usually some sort of transformation. Why not a transformation that grants a type of Medusa's Stone Gaze? You transform into a idealized muse with a body so perfect, so beautiful that any who look upon you turn into solid stone.

What better way to keep your oath of beauty by turning your ugly enemies into stone, and shaping them into more beautiful creatures.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 09:28 AM
Any spells you can convert/think of, Ninja Prawn, would be greatly appreciated. I myself am horrible at spellmaking (why I made Xelor a Rogue subclass) so if you can pick up the slack, much appreciation would be had.

I'll see if I can look up the contents of those books on the interwebs. I'll get back to you later today.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear you like it! What is it about naked Paladins that people seem to like so much? :P

Beauty Unlimited medusa effect added.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 09:37 AM
Glad to hear you like it! What is it about naked Paladins that people seem to like so much? :P

Beauty Unlimited medusa effect added.

Paladin is the most infamous class for being "hated" and "uptight". This class seems silly, but it also works really well. Somehow. Oh and as Ninja said

NUUUUUDIST BEACHUUUUU

You can also apply this option to it. From the Medusa stat block:

"Unless surprised, a creature can avert its eyes to avoid the
saving throw at the start of its turn. If the creature does so, it
can't see the medusa until the start of its next turn, when it can
avert its eyes again. If the creature looks at the medusa in the
meantime, it must immediately make the save"

So basically the enemy choses between the saves, or disadvantage. Either way it's a really strong capstone!

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 09:41 AM
You know, Oath of Ancients Paladins are pretty fun too. They're not uptight, or at least shouldn't be.

And added the eyeball aversion clause.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 09:46 AM
Oh no I mean they are known for being uptight in older editions! With the whole limit on Lawful Good there are a ton of people who still shun the paladin. In 5e Paladin is probably the class I've played the most (even if it's not even my favorite, it's definitely my favorite "martial class") and with the new oaths system I've found ways to allow evil paladins in my campaign without them being oathbreakers or blackguards. 5e Paladin is basically the crit like a mother frogger class. And I love big crits.

I'd help out with the spell stuff buuuuut... I'm really not good at spell conversion like you.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 09:53 AM
I'd help out with the spell stuff buuuuut... I'm really not good at spell conversion like you Ninja Prawn.

Fixed that for ya. (Unless that was directed at NP, in which case, clarified it for ya.) :P

Agreed on old Paladins being considered uptight.

Anything you think needs to be added/corrected on the tenants?

Pyon
2015-10-08, 10:03 AM
Hmm... Well I understand that the "Where did that come from" is kind of a "joke" ability but maybe an explanation that it is a type of demi-plane that you have access to. Put a limit on how much that plane can carry and what can actually go in and out of it and then I think the class is absolutely fine! The rest of the balance will come from the spells.

What made you want to make this subclass by the way?

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 10:12 AM
Someone was recruiting for Sexy D&D 5E, so I figured this kind of subclass was appropiate.

Modified "Where Did That Come From?" to be limited by encumberence.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 10:13 AM
the "Where did that come from" is kind of a "joke" ability but maybe an explanation that it is a type of demi-plane that you have access to. Put a limit on how much that plane can carry and what can actually go in and out of it and then I think the class is absolutely fine!

Yeah, if we're really going to dig into this, there needs to be some consideration here. A lot of D&D games handwave things like 'storing and carrying objects' and 'encumbrance', but there are others who like a bit more verisimilitude. You could end up seriously crippling this class by making it difficult for them to carry things. Does a sword-belt count as clothing? Can they benefit from a Cloak of Protection?

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 10:16 AM
I'm going to leave that to the DM's discretion. I personally would rule minor things (belts, gloves, rings) do not count against nudity, but some DMs could rule it elsewise.

5E is a lot about DM empowerment, so unless you guys think I really do need to clarify, I'll leave it as is.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 10:35 AM
Oh man now I imagine a classic paladin with a shield and board, gaunglets, a cloak, winged boots, a giant's belt of strength AND NOTHING ELSE.

Cannot unsee.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 10:37 AM
You're welcome. :P

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 10:39 AM
Oh man now I imagine a classic paladin with a shield and board, gaunglets, a cloak, winged boots, a giant's belt of strength AND NOTHING ELSE.

Cannot unsee.

In my head, I'm seeing basically ancient Greek hoplites, but with magic instead of those silly underwear things.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 10:47 AM
But yeah, if I were to DM or rule a game with stuff like this I would indeed allow magical items. Just not armor (you wouldn't want armor in the first place) and things that make you full clothed. I think another thing to add is fluff but I know that's a huge pain to write.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 01:54 PM
Any ideas on the fluff? I wouldn't mind someone ese writing it entirely-I'm more a crunch kinda guy.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 02:04 PM
Crucial, Vital, Life-Changing Update:

I... can't find any spells in Quintessential Temptress? That may be because I can't bring myself to look at if for more than a few seconds at a time, but seriously, I don't see any spells.

Nymphology seems to have plenty though. Haven't been able to access Erotic Fantasy yet.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 02:39 PM
Alright, I'll take it upon myself! That way we can become the triple threat! JNAP does the Crunch, Pyon brings the Fluff, and NP plays the soothing bass lines!!

I'll write something up and pm it to you like tomorrow-ish JNAP.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 02:42 PM
Alright, I'll take it upon myself! That way we can become the triple threat! JNAP does the Crunch, Pyon brings the Fluff, and NP plays the soothing bass lines!!

I'll write something up and pm it to you like tomorrow-ish JNAP.

Wait, how did you know I was a bassist...? I don't think I've ever mentioned that on these fora. :smalleek:

Correction: I did say that Marceline is my favourite character from Adventure Time because she's a bassist. Five months ago. In a thread that Pyon didn't post in...

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 02:42 PM
Swiggity swooty! Thanks Pyon.

And NP is handling the spells, if they're willing to.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 02:57 PM
Wait, how did you know I was a bassist...? I don't think I've ever mentioned that on these fora. :smalleek:

No you didn't. But I'm a level 14 bassist and my ribbon ability let's me detect all other bass players that post in homebrew forums. It's a really useful RP ability really, you get it from the subclass: "Incredibly mediocrity"

((I didn't actually know at all, I was mostly making a very dry joke on how support magic is generally unappreciated like a bass player's playing but it's funny that I hit the mark.))

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 03:02 PM
No you didn't. But I'm a level 14 bassist and my ribbon ability let's me detect all other bass players that post in homebrew forums. It's a really useful RP ability really, you get it from the subclass: "Incredibly mediocrity"

((I didn't actually know at all, I was mostly making a very dry joke on how support magic is generally unappreciated like a bass player's playing but it's funny that I hit the mark.))

Ah, I wondered if that might be the case. See, I could only take two levels of bassist because I had so many other classes I wanted to level in, so I never got that to the Detect Other Bassist ability.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 03:05 PM
Ah, I wondered if that might be the case. See, I could only take two levels of bassist because I had so many other classes I wanted to level in, so I never got that to the Detect Other Bassist ability.

I've never been into that whole multi classing thing. Bass is my main class, and it allows me the skills to effectively do the jobs of a Sound Engineer as well so I never needed anything else!

Nerd speak off, I'm also a bassist cool to see another low end brah around here. Sorry if I freaked you out with my amazing guessing skills and back on topic:

Tomorrow fuwa fuwa time. AKA fluff.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 03:16 PM
Yeah, back on topic...

Wow, Nymphology is incredibly misogynistic. I mean, the spells themselves are fine (many could be ported to 5e word-for-word, though I'll be cherry-picking the ones that are relevant to this Paladin Oath), but all of them have a 'fluff' paragraph built into the description, and EVERY ONE is just awful. I can't believe someone thought it was okay to publish this.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 03:18 PM
Thanks for digging through it to find good spells. Maybe stick it to them by writing your own, sexism-free fluff paragraphs.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 03:44 PM
Okay, he's what I've got so far...

Bernadette's Illusory Nakedness
1st-level illusion

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (a pair of spectacles)
Duration: 8 hours

This spell conceals the caster's clothing, such that they appear naked for the duration. This enables the caster to gain the benefits of clothing (such as protection from the elements or magical enchantments), without having to hide the beautiful perfection of their body. The caster may specify certain items of clothing to be excluded from the spell at the time of casting.

Emperor's new spell!

Change Sex
3rd-level transmutation

Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a dried frog)
Duration: 1 hour

You change the sex of one creature you can see within range. Unwilling creatures may make a Charisma saving throw in order to resist the effects.
The target's sex is then changed to anything that could naturally occur in that creature's species, chosen by the caster; shapechangers and species that have no sex (such as most constructs) or where every individual is the same sex (such as most plants) are immune to this spell. The target's appearance changes slightly to conform to their new sex, but this spell cannot change a creature's height, weight, skin tone, hair colour or muscle definition, even if the old appearance would normally be impossible for the new sex (such as a tortoiseshell tomcat).
This spell can be reversed by both Dispel Magic and Remove Curse.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level, the duration becomes 24 hours. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 5th level or higher, the duration becomes permanent (until dispelled).

Like Alter Self, except you can target others and it doesn't require concentration. The 5th level version would be necessary to craft a Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity.

Clothes to Chocolate
2nd-level transmutation

Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a piece of cloth and a drop of melted chocolate)
Duration: Instantaneous

Choose a non-metallic item of clothing (including leather and fur armour), that you can see within range. You cause the object to turn into melted chocolate. The caster may choose to set the temperature of the chocolate anywhere between 32°C and 100°C. If a temperature over 60°C is chosen, any creature in physical contact with the chocolate takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again.
If a creature is wearing the object when the spell is cast and subsequently takes damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or spend its next turn frantically scraping the chocolate off (it may choose to do so even if it succeeds on the save). If it doesn’t remove the chocolate, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target one additional item of clothing for every level above 2nd. A given creature may only take damage from this spell once per round, and if you use your bonus action to cause damage on subsequent turns, you can only affect one of the (former) items of clothing.

Heat Metal for things that aren't metal! I bet Ryuko wished she had this spell...

Cupid's Arrow
1st-level enchantment

Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

The next time you make a ranged weapon attack during the spell’s duration, the piece of ammunition or the weapon itself (if it is a thrown weapon), is imbued with a magical enchantment. Make the attack roll as normal. The target takes the weapon’s normal damage on a hit, but they do not experience any pain. Instead, the target must make a Wisdom saving throw or be subject to the effects of a Philter of Love (DMG 184).
The piece of ammunition or weapon then returns to its normal form.

More 'ranger' than 'paladin' (the text is cribbed from Lightning Arrow), but I just don't think 'Cupid's Smite' could work... :smalleek:

Enhance Beauty
2nd-level transmutation

Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (a drop of perfume)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You touch a creature and cause it to become more beautiful. Choose one of the following effects; the target gains that effect until the spell ends.
Angelic Voice. The target has advantage on any Charisma checks relating to speech or singing, and is considered to be proficient in the Persuasion skill if they are not already.
Beautiful Visage. The target's Charisma score becomes equal to 20, unless it is already higher.
Magical Pheromones. Any beast or humanoid within 15 feet of the target must make a Wisdom saving throw at the beginning of each of its turns or be charmed by them for 1 round (regarding them as a beautiful acquaintance). Once a creature has succeeded on a saving throw, it is immune to this effect for the next 24 hours. A creature with the 'Keen Smell' trait has disadvantage on the save.
Poetry in Motion. The target has advantage on any Charisma checks relating to dance or graceful movement, and is considered to be proficient in the Performance skill if they are not already.

Based on Enhance Ability from the PHB and Pheromone Enhancer from the 'source'.

Phantasmal Beauty
3rd-level illusion

Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S

You tap into the dreams of a creature you can see within range and create an illusory manifestation of its most lustful desires, visible only to that creature. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the target becomes incapacitated and unable to move for the duration. In addition, they have disadvantage on all Wisdom (Perception) checks.
If the target takes damage, it may repeat the saving throw, though it may only do so once per round.

Somewhere between Phantasmal Killer (without the damage) and Hold Person (without the save-ends condition)?

Protection from Clothing
1st-level abjuration

Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (a small piece of cotton wool)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

Until the spell ends, one willing creature you touch is protected against clothing, both mundane and sentient.
The protection grants several benefits. Creatures made of clothing have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can’t be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them, and automatically succeeds on any saving throw made to resist or avoid having an item of clothing forced onto their body. If the target is already charmed, frightened, or possessed by a sentient piece of clothing, the target has advantage on any new saving throw against the relevant effect.

Doesn't really work without some new homebrew monsters, but it needs to be in there for thematic reasons.

Soft Focus
Illusion cantrip

Range: self

When you cast this spell, everything you see becomes slightly hazy and out-of-focus, which makes the world seem comforting and safe. You have advantage on Wisdom and Charisma saving throws for the duration.

This bears little resemblance to the original source, but at least now it's clear and simple. I know paladins don't get cantrips, but maybe this could be available via Magic Initiate? I don't know.

Speedy Undress
1st-level transmutation

Range: 30 feet

Choose a willing creature you can see within range. They must make a Dexterity saving throw or have all of their clothing instantly removed; a creature can choose to fail this saving throw if it wishes. This spell affects all worn items, including armour and magic items, though it does not affect cursed items, weapons, footwear, helmets, hats or jewellery. The removed items are dumped in a pile within five feet of the target.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you may also target unwilling creatures. If the target is hostile to you, it has advantage on its saving throw.

Is stripping enemies of magic items overpowered for a second level spell? Probably. But the rest of it doesn't do anything Heat Metal wouldn't do. Anyway, this is also intended as a self-defense measure for the Nudist Paladin in case someone tries to suppress their powers by stuffing a shirt over their glorious chest.

Tasha's Flirtatious Glance
1st-level enchantment

Components: S
Duration: 1 minute

You wink at a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a charming and intriguing acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.
When you cast this spell, you may also choose to whisper a short message to the target, which only they can hear. They can reply in a whisper that only you can hear.

It's a short-duration Charm Person with a free Message packaged into it. For teh lulz.

Belac93
2015-10-08, 03:47 PM
Erotic fantasy has some weird spells, including Disrobe, Find a Soulmate, Grope, and Ale Goggles (Lets you see ugly people as you would drunk).
But it also has some neat ones, like: Blandness (makes a person look average), and Kiss of Life (Basically a raise dead spell, but you have to kiss the corpse. Which is pretty creepy).
It can be found on scribd to read online, for free and legal. Actual downloading takes money though.

Pyon
2015-10-08, 04:49 PM
Ok other than my awful writing style, and probably a few errors everywhere I think I'm finished! I added a few tenets. What do you guys think?

Oath of Nudity
Legends tell of a cataclysm that hit the earth. Parasites that would burrow themselves in armor or clothing and then use this to manipulate their wearers. Citizens affected by these parasites went into rampages, serving their clothing master overlords. To combat this, the Order of the Unclothed was formed. Brave warriors went to war, heads raised high, proud of their naked beauty. The legend says that these paladins were bright beacons in the battlefield, bringing down armored opponents with their bodies and weapons alone. Wether the legend is true or not, there are no more of these parasites today. The Order of the Unclothed now pass their teachings and traditions through family and relatives. Their nakedness changed; paladins who take the Oath of Nudity don't do it for necessity, they do it for love of the humanoid naked body. They protect beauty, art, and love. They might wear a helmet, a belt, gloves, or boots. But one thing is always common in the Nude Paladin's attire: the lack of an attire.

Tenets of Nudity
Changed from their original concept, the Oath of Nudity is sworn to beauty, love and art. A paladin who takes the Oath, must embody this beauty, display their nakedness to the world, and spread love and respect to whoever they meet. The tenets of the oath are clear:
-Beauty: The humanoid body is a beautiful thing, present it with pride. Take care of your body and image, and help others with theirs.
-Pride: Never be ashamed of who you are. Bear your power with body.
-Protect: Shield those who create art, defend the beautiful, and support the ones in love.
-Above All Else: If a beautiful thing must be destroy for the greater good of the world, take the path that will harm it's elegance the least.

The last one sums up to "Not the face" :smallbiggrin:

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'm going to have to sign off now. There are more spells to convert yet, but please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. :smallsmile:

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 05:04 PM
I think that just got added to the OP.

Love the "Not the face!" bit.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-09, 04:31 AM
There you go. Ten new spells for use in... less serious... campaigns. I can't believe I have stooped this low...

As for Oath Spells, I'd suggest:

1 Charm Person, Speedy Undress (or Protection from Clothing, if you're in a world with Life Fibre analogues)
2 Calm Emotions or Suggestion, Enhance Beauty
3 Phantasmal Beauty, Spirit Guardians (maybe? Like, naked spirit guardians?)
4 Confusion, Freedom of Movement
5 Dominate Person (lol), Seeming (for making your whole team beautiful!)

Pyon
2015-10-09, 04:58 AM
Reading through these spells really makes me want to go get the original content and find out how bad the book really is.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-09, 05:45 AM
Reading through these spells really makes me want to go get the original content and find out how bad the book really is.

You really don't. The ones I posted are cleaned-up versions of the least offensive (or most relevant - a lot of the source spells didn't share the theme we're going for, or are duplicates of existing spells*) spells in the source. Some of them are completely changed or re-purposed (Illusory Nakedness, for example, was originally an "imagine everyone else naked" bard spell).

*Seriously, there were like half a dozen spells in there that were just extremely specific Minor Illusions.

If you have any requests, feel free to ask!

JNAProductions
2015-10-09, 10:17 AM
Updated the Oath spells. Thanks NP!

Blood of Gaea
2015-10-11, 02:01 AM
Whelp, time to roll up a an Oath of Nudity Paladin 8 foot Goliath named Uthor "Thrice-Legged" Ooglemiguddem, follower of Freyja.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-11, 05:02 AM
Whelp, time to roll up a an Oath of Nudity Paladin 8 foot Goliath named Uthor "Thrice-Legged" Ooglemiguddem, follower of Freyja.

Sounds like he won't be needing the spell Dirk's Impressive Tool...

Pyon
2015-10-11, 06:37 AM
Sounds like he won't be needing the spell Dirk's Impressive Tool...

Ok I don't want to know.

Amnoriath
2015-10-11, 11:12 AM
1. While I understand the passive abilities when you take it the problem though is though you give two AoE options as well that can target a vast amount of types of creatures. Since turning is something in which they can't be immune to or even have passive advantage against it you are making most creatures susceptible to it. Not only is having 2 less diverse in choice but it seems like they are there to play against different saves to lock-down on a plehtora of creatures.
2. Aura of Protection just doesn't seem to make much sense thematically.
3. Purity of Body while a free feat you can't help but wonder if it would just be more fitting if it was immunity to diseases with a little less health.
4. Beauty Unlimited really is just a suck or suck more effect that can be done at will. It really is grossly overpowered to have an at will 6th level spell with no components even at 20th level.

JNAProductions
2015-10-11, 11:16 AM
1. While I understand the passive abilities when you take it the problem though is though you give two AoE options as well that can target a vast amount of types of creatures. Since turning is something in which they can't be immune to or even have passive advantage against it you are making most creatures susceptible to it. Not only is having 2 less diverse in choice but it seems like they are there to play against different saves to lock-down on a plehtora of creatures.
3. Purity of Body while a free feat you can't help but wonder if it would just be more fitting if it was immunity to diseases with a little less health.
4. Beauty Unlimited really is just a suck or suck more effect that can be done at will. It really is grossly overpowered to have an at will 6th level spell with no components even at 20th level.

1: What would you suggest in its place?

2: What would you suggest in its place?

3: Paladins already have disease immunity. And yes, it's a free feat, but one of the worse feats.

4: Oh crap. That is meant to be once per long rest. Let me edit the OP.

Blood of Gaea
2015-10-11, 12:59 PM

1. It can target a lot, but eh, the majority of high CR monsters (Dragons etc) don't wear clothing.

2. It's to encourage your allies to join you in your nakedness.

3. Remember being naked means no magic armor an extra 40 HP at 20 level will be worse then a +2 plate for example.

4. OP and his typos. With Long Rest, it's just a nerfed form of a Medusa's Gaze.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-11, 01:53 PM
3. Remember being naked means no magic armor an extra 40 HP at 20 level will be worse then a +2 plate for example.

Hence the spell Bernadette's Illusory Nakedness. :smallwink:

Amnoriath
2015-10-13, 09:04 AM
1: What would you suggest in its place?

2: What would you suggest in its place?

3: Paladins already have disease immunity. And yes, it's a free feat, but one of the worse feats.

4: Oh crap. That is meant to be once per long rest. Let me edit the OP.
1. I would keep the blinding effect as if you are going to have an effect that can effect a majority of creatures it should be something in which there are resistances, immunity, or ways to alleviate them in the game. As for the other I would suggest a variation on the Heroism spell except instead of being immune to frightened it is poisoned.
2. Since it is about believing nudity of the body is the standard of all beauty give an immunity to petrification and any supernatural effect that would forcibly change your physical body's appearance. You could also just give them Beguiling Influence outright and maybe a free Charm Person per short rest at 18.
3. Right of course but you could make this more interesting. How about they always recover their class level in hit points after any rest and they could use their hit die to mend appendages or alleviate physical afflictions?

JNAProductions
2015-10-13, 09:11 AM
1. I would keep the blinding effect as if you are going to have an effect that can effect a majority of creatures it should be something in which there are resistances, immunity, or ways to alleviate them in the game. As for the other I would suggest a variation on the Heroism spell except instead of being immune to frightened it is poisoned.
2. Since it is about believing nudity of the body is the standard of all beauty give an immunity to petrification and any supernatural effect that would forcibly change your physical body's appearance. You could also just give them Beguiling Influence outright and maybe a free Charm Person per short rest at 18.
3. Right of course but you could make this more interesting. How about they always recover their class level in hit points after any rest and they could use their hit die to mend appendages or alleviate physical afflictions?

1: Poison is... Kinda an odd choice for immunity. Just not thematic.

2: Updated to be immune to petrification and polymorphing.

3: Eh... I think this works better. It's basically the same thing (extra HP) but this is a little bit simpler, which is in keeping with 5E philosiphies.

Amnoriath
2015-10-13, 09:12 AM
1. It can target a lot, but eh, the majority of high CR monsters (Dragons etc) don't wear clothing.

2. It's to encourage your allies to join you in your nakedness.

4. OP and his typos. With Long Rest, it's just a nerfed form of a Medusa's Gaze.

1. Many Celestials, Fiends, Fey, Undead, and many others can be defined as wearing clothes. Besides there is always a Strength check.
2. No it doesn't it just gives a flat AC bonus
3. But he can stow magic items which can give him similar benefits. Remember I am not saying it is broken by any means just that it is uninteresting.
4. But a Medusa's Gaze has little to do with the kind of ideals proposed by the tenets. At best it is innuendo. Medusas are classically cursed creatures due to their vanity and on top of being hideous their gaze is meant to petrify anyone regardless of how they feel. The game itself saw fit to retain the idea of this because it can be reflected back at them. On top of that it isn't really constructed in a way to invoke a transformation.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-13, 12:07 PM
Hmm... Is it me, or is the spell list in the OP incomplete? I only see one spell...

JNAProductions
2015-10-13, 12:09 PM
It's just you. I added in your suggested spells.

3rd
Speedy Undress, Charm Person

5th
Calm Emotions, Enhance Beauty

9th
Phantasamal Beauty, Spirit Guardians

13th
Confusion, Freedom of Movement

17th
Dominate Person, Seeming

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-13, 12:53 PM
I meant the bit at the bottom:

-snip-

Spells by Ninja Prawn:

Speedy Undress
1st-level transmutation

Choose a willing creature you can see within range. They must make a Dexterity saving throw or have all of their clothing instantly removed; a creature can choose to fail this saving throw if it wishes. This spell affects all worn items, including armour and magic items, though it does not affect cursed items, weapons, footwear, helmets, hats or jewellery. The removed items are dumped in a pile within five feet of the target.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you may also target unwilling creatures. If the target is hostile to you, it has advantage on its saving throw.

Is stripping enemies of magic items overpowered for a second level spell? Probably. But the rest of it doesn't do anything Heat Metal wouldn't do. Anyway, this is also intended as a self-defense measure for the Nudist Paladin in case someone tries to suppress their powers by stuffing a shirt over their glorious chest.

JNAProductions
2015-10-13, 12:57 PM
I had not noticed those spells. OP updated.

Thanks for the awesome work, NP!

Hawkstar
2015-11-06, 09:31 AM
I think the Unarmored Defense makes this Paladin Vow too MAD.

Maybe it should write Dexterity out entirely, and have AC be based on Strength and Charisma instead? (Because Gleaming Muscles!)

JNAProductions
2015-11-06, 09:47 AM
You can have a Dex based Paladin easily.

Hawkstar
2015-11-06, 01:12 PM
You can have a Dex based Paladin easily.But this subclass makes it mandatory...

... y'know what? :smalltongue: Actually, no. The reliance on a physical stat at all is actually not just a crippling restriction on viable builds, but an offensive level of outright body shaming on class feature that absolutely should not have it. It's saying all this great stuff about the body... then hitting it with "But only if you were born without real bones" at the end. Dex-based, Strength-based, it shouldn't matter to this type of paladin.

So, to make the class less discriminating against body-type, I suggest the AC becomes a flat 3 or 4+CHA, so that the mighty paladins can stand just as proud with this subclass as the graceful ones. Or at least something to grant the AC parity between STR-based and Dex Based that the base class enjoys.

JNAProductions
2015-11-06, 01:13 PM
That... Huh. That's one way to look at it.

I'll make Strength or Dexterity + Charisma.

RazDelacroix
2015-11-06, 03:37 PM
Well, I have to admit when I saw the thread name I was apt to facepalming and scrolling along, then I noticed who was responsible for starting it. So, I read, I laughed, I applaud.

JNAProductions
2015-11-06, 03:53 PM
Well, I have to admit when I saw the thread name I was apt to facepalming and scrolling along, then I noticed who was responsible for starting it. So, I read, I laughed, I applaud.

Holy crap, my name has recognition now? I had no idea!

And thank you! I did make it as sort of a gag, but I wanted it to be usable in serious campaigns aseasily as humorous or adult-themed ones.

2015-11-06, 08:49 PM
Hell yeah, your 5e homebrew is always interesting, fairly balanced, and well thought out. Hell, you made the idea of a Nudist Paladin into a not-totally ridiculous idea.

Hawkstar
2015-11-07, 09:50 PM
As someone interested in test-driving this class in your campaign... I do think the capstone probably might need to be reworked. It kinda bothers me that it's so destructive, and essentially "Same but more" as their channel divinity. I'm not sure what it should be replaced with, though... but possibly something that assists in inspiring allies?

JNAProductions
2015-11-07, 10:08 PM
Honestly, I'm not overly concerned about the Capstone. It's level 20, and I've played at that level once.

2015-11-07, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I'm not overly concerned about the Capstone. It's level 20, and I've played at that level once.

And that was to test a homebrew deity.

Hawkstar
2015-11-10, 02:47 PM
While thinking about this class' oath... I think the Channel Divinity option (Turn the clothed), while silly, is a bad idea for a lot of campaigns - it's more likely to turn allies than it is enemies!

Here's a better idea, I think. Especially in more serious games, depending on what you want to emphasize. Or maybe it should be an option:

Turn the Hideous: You can use your Channel Divinity power to repel the hideous and unnatural monsters of the world with the beauty of your body and voice. As an action, you Pose Dramatically, and each aberration or monstrosity within 30' that can see or hear you must make a Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is turned for one minute or until it takes damage.

DracoKnight
2015-11-10, 08:13 PM
I am extremely entertained by this entire Oath. And I love that it's actually pretty viable in 5e. *applauds JNA*

JNAProductions
2016-02-22, 02:15 PM
So I've begun moving some of my homebrew to the Dungeon Master's Guild. I was planning on moving this as well, but enough other people contributed in making it that I cannot, in good conscious, do that without their approval.

With that, to everyone who contributed to making this, would you be alright if I moved this to the Dungeon Master's Guild site and took it down from here?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-22, 06:50 PM
I'm ok with you using my spells, as long as there's some kind of note somewhere to say that I (as in my screen name) contributed them.

JNAProductions
2016-02-22, 07:42 PM
Pyon, you were the other main contributor. If you'd rather the fluff be removed, let me know. I will definitely be crediting you guys on DMGs.

Roderick_BR
2016-03-01, 08:48 PM
So, how do I look at this class now? What is a Dungeon Master's Guild?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-02, 04:28 AM
What is a Dungeon Master's Guild?

It's the WotC-approved marketplace for homebrew, where you can buy other people's homebrew or sell your own. On paper it seems like a clever idea, but for some reason I feel hesitant to use it.

Best of luck to JNA, though. I hope your stuff sells!

JNAProductions
2016-03-02, 11:14 AM
It's the WotC-approved marketplace for homebrew, where you can buy other people's homebrew or sell your own. On paper it seems like a clever idea, but for some reason I feel hesitant to use it.

Best of luck to JNA, though. I hope your stuff sells!

Thanks, NP. I'm actually debating about putting up on the Guild as a "Pay What You Want" and then linking directly to it. That way, it's available for free if you don't want to pay, but you've got the option of supporting me. (Though I'd have to check if that violates the rules. Either way, I'll be putting a post up here if it does end up getting resaled for free.)

Pyon
2016-03-03, 11:06 AM
Oh wow I never saw this when you posted the original question.

Yeah I have no problem with you putting it up, with a little note so I can have some bragging rights. I don't think the fluff was all that good to begin with so, you can use it however you want! :smallwink: Best of luck yo!

JNAProductions
2016-03-03, 01:07 PM
It's up for free now, and don't worry-you have been given full credit for the fluff.

WolfThndrspirit
2018-04-16, 01:52 AM
Would it be possible to adapt this for Forgotten Realms? I think Drow followers of Eilistraee would flock to this, but the origins in previous parasites and the like would all not make sense for anything but homebrew. It might take a rework around the Oath of Nudity existing theme with different origins and possibly even some of the powers, but I see this as totally workable into the popular Forgotten Realms campaign for followers of Eilistraee, this being drow females mostly, but not exclusively if the faith stirs them.

With me being averted to cookie-cutter gameplay, I absolutely love this. Having also been a member of nudist clubs, I would probably be able to handle many of the role playing issues that inevitably come into play. That being the obvious question of "Why are you naked?!"

WolfThndrspirit
2018-04-16, 01:56 AM
Also 3 Hexblade/ 17 Paladin OoN looks to be great, though I wish I could fit it in as just 2 Hex/ 18 Pal to expand the Aura to 30'. Will have to putz around on Roll20 and see what happens endgame.

WolfThndrspirit
2018-04-16, 06:33 AM
ok - so tried to put something together, and the nice thing about a 3rd level pact of blade Hexblade is the Charisma to Attack and Damage instead of Strength, which I missed on going 2/18. If there was a feat or spell that eliminated that altogether within the Paladin line, I could see going pure class with this.

Also, Eilistraee of the Drow isn't the only Forgotten Realms or Campaign based deity that could be used as a more Deific basing of the OAth of Nudity. Sune in Forgotten Realms could be another, and any Deity that promoted love and beauty and art in any other campaign setting would be good reasons for the Oath of Nudity. I also think that the Oath should have a minimum Charisma requirement, albeit not as a shaming point, merely as a divine source of attention, justifying the radiance. Something in the 14-15 range, or Armor of the Unclothed will not work until it is raised to that point, either through feat level allocation or more than temporary magical means (a spell won't do, but an item would).

So how about the idea of adding or factoring in Charisma to Attack and Damage as a Bonus Action spell for the Oath, that requires Sword Dancing - a deadly ballet? Or a Feature that allows this. Something that makes use of high charisma in their lethality? Charisma is the driving force here. Suggestions:

Feat: Warrior of the Nude Dance
Prerequisites: 8th Level, Oath of Nudity
You gain proficiency in both Persuasion and Performance while dancing nude, but only as it applies to dancing, and only while nude. After performing the dance routine (a minimum of a minute in length), you may add your proficiency bonus to your Performance roll to see if the viewer(s) was impressed (DM may incorporate Disadvantage or Advantage depending on the environment, amount of lighting, whether the viewer is hostile or deceiving, etc.). If they are impressed, and you are using the dance in a manner to persuade someone to benefit you in some way, you gain advantage on your Persuasion check, adding your proficiency modifier to the roll. If you are already proficient in either or both of these skills, you may double your proficiency bonus. This is considered a solo Feat. If others Dance with you (trying to assist/ help), you cannot benefit from this Feat and are rolling your actions as they would normally be done - without advantage or proficiency - as the other person actually serves as a distraction.
This feat also adds to your combat abilities. You have become so graceful and artistic that, while fighting unclad, your moves are a dance of themselves. At 8th level, you use Charisma instead of Strength as your combat modifier for all melee attacks and damage rolls, if you are proficient in the weapon you are wielding. At 16th level, you may also add your Charisma and Dexterity to thrown ranged attacks (projectiles receive no benefit), and your melee attacks may add your Charisma and Strength for damage rolls.

Spell: Naked Death Dance
3rd-level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action, Ritual*
Target: Self
Components: V, S, M (A Weapon. Spell is dismissed if the caster is disarmed/ separated from the weapon used in its casting)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes (*8 hours as Ritual and does not take Concentration to maintain, takes 1 hour to cast as a Ritual).
This spell can only be used by a Paladin that has taken the Oath of Nudity.
The paladin imbues a single weapon with power that taps into their beauty, and replaces the normal modifier (Strength or Dexterity) to Attack and Damage Rolls with Charisma. When in battle, the weapon becomes an extension of their own beauty and grace and is used while a deadly dance is played out. At no point can the wielder be separated from their weapon by more than ten feet (not including ammunition, but thrown weapons that do not return automatically will lose their connection in 2 rounds if not brought in range before then) or the spell/ ritual is dispelled

Sariel Vailo
2018-04-16, 02:26 PM
Yay thread necromancy hombrew wizard archetype for it

WolfThndrspirit
2018-04-16, 06:35 PM
Yay thread necromancy hombrew wizard archetype for it

English/ Common translation?

Btw: I'd love to see Nudity converted over to more than paladin's benefit. Could you imagine a well rounded party of nudists walking into town looking for work? Imagine their renown as people turn their shocked faces, muttering, "Oh god, it's THEM."

Sariel Vailo
2018-04-16, 10:32 PM
English/ Common translation?

Btw: I'd love to see Nudity converted over to more than paladin's benefit. Could you imagine a well rounded party of nudists walking into town looking for work? Imagine their renown as people turn their shocked faces, muttering, "Oh god, it's THEM."

What i meant to say is since thread necromancy seems to be a common thing for the 5e forum. Having some form of hombrew archetype based on cutting the threads of life would be meta and funny.

WolfThndrspirit
2018-04-17, 05:23 PM
What i meant to say is since thread necromancy seems to be a common thing for the 5e forum. Having some form of hombrew archetype based on cutting the threads of life would be meta and funny.

I'm just lost on how that applies to the forum post. lol

Blackbando
2018-04-17, 06:42 PM
It applies because you were the first person to reply in the past 2 years. That is definitely some thread necromancy if I've ever seen it.

khadgar567
2018-04-18, 03:04 AM
It applies because you were the first person to reply in the past 2 years. That is definitely some thread necromancy if I've ever seen it.
there is a limit on threat necromancy as long as topic is not closed you can post to it but i belive forum has has decent long time to lock a threat so i can bet there is no threat necromancy if it was one of the mods already pop in the threat to give us the heads up.

Douglas
2018-04-18, 09:07 PM
there is a limit on threat necromancy as long as topic is not closed you can post to it but i belive forum has has decent long time to lock a threat so i can bet there is no threat necromancy if it was one of the mods already pop in the threat to give us the heads up.
The Mod Radiant: Whether you are technically able to post to a thread has nothing whatsoever to do with whether you are allowed to do so by the Forum Rules. If a thread has not been posted in for more than 45 days, then posting in it without advance moderator approval is against the rules - with a few specific exceptions, such as that the original poster of a homebrew thread is allowed to revive it at any time.

JNAProductions is welcome to ask for this thread to be unlocked for an update, via report or PM.