PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cost of a certain type of item.

Spruit
2015-10-08, 01:46 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker, I was going to enter a campaign as a Dwarven Cleric of Thor, with some minor homebrew for domains. I am going to be casting a lot of lightning spells as a result. I was wondering what would be a reasonable cost of a Robe that grants +1/2/3/4/5 CL for spells of the Lightning descriptor. I need something to bring to my DM to approve, and I was hoping you would lend me your knowledge so I can show him some reasonable numbers. Thanks in advance!

Spore
2015-10-08, 10:53 PM
Most items don't affect save DCs but you could take the Cloak of Resistance into account (1k/4k/9k/16k/25k). Personally though I would try to add more flavor and maybe not create a line of robes but rather a singular robe with varied themed abilities (plus +2 on lightning DC saves). This complicates matters but a robe with a simple numeric effect seems boring. Even just adding to the DC of sonic descriptor spells or allowing you to use certain Thor themed abilities would be great.

Also a robe? You gotta be kidding, right? This should be a type of armor. Or at least a robe with metal parts! Will add more details as I return from work.

Arutema
2015-10-08, 10:57 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker, I was going to enter a campaign as a Dwarven Cleric of Thor, with some minor homebrew for domains. I am going to be casting a lot of lightning spells as a result. I was wondering what would be a reasonable cost of a Robe that grants +1/2/3/4/5 CL for spells of the Lightning descriptor. I need something to bring to my DM to approve, and I was hoping you would lend me your knowledge so I can show him some reasonable numbers. Thanks in advance!

12000GP (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Shocking%20Rob e) for the +1 CL version, and it's even in Ultimate Equipment for you.