PDA

View Full Version : The Barbarian just ate what?!

Starkeeper
2015-10-08, 02:08 PM
If the name Zankorr means anything to you and you're playing Shackled City with him, thread carefully... or I may end up eating you. :smalltongue:

So, yeah, I'm playing an Orc Barbarian who has a tendency to eat... anything really, he's kind of a scavenger so anything goes with him.

So far, I've consumed one third of the Grell-brain we defeated(10 tentacles packed away, not sure if I should snack on them or make them into taser-poles) and munched on a small monstrous centipede(3 more to go). Oh he also ate a Raggamuffyn(wasn't tasty) and tried to take a bite out of a metallic golem but that doesn't really count. I might eat a Skulk, tried to lick one but it didn't taste like blueberry so passed at that time, I'll probably eat the next one we find, though maybe that'd be CE? Currently CN.

I'm looking into an Item Familiar(probably going to call it Gluttony) and sadly, none of the Special Purpose(I'll check with my DM if Eat Everything! is a viable purpose :smallbiggrin:) Dedicated Powers nor Lesser/Greater Powers available work for what I want, are there any spells that are level 4 or lower that would let me consume a corpse, or even a living target? I know I'll need to check with my DM for alternate powers but the less that needs to be homebrewed, the easier it would be.

On another note, are there any Feats or even Classes that'd work well with this? I'll admit that eating stuff has never been a major concern in my D&D games so far and as such, I have little knowledge on that front.

Rebel7284
2015-10-08, 02:14 PM
Hoard Gullet

Bite of the King allows live targets, but it's an 8th level spell.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-10-08, 02:15 PM
There are a couple Rage Powers that give or improve a bite attack, so that might be what you're looking for. If you're okay with homebrew, I have exactly the class for you... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?223365-I-ate-his-liver-with-some-fava-beans-and-a-nice-chianti-(3-5-PrC-PEACH))

Darrin
2015-10-08, 02:46 PM
On another note, are there any Feats or even Classes that'd work well with this? I'll admit that eating stuff has never been a major concern in my D&D games so far and as such, I have little knowledge on that front.

Strong Stomach feat in Cityscape might be worth a look. Three levels of Flux Adept (Dragon Compendium) has an ability called Iron Stomach, that lets you draw nutrients out of any substance, such as rocks, gold, ash, etc. It also makes you immune to ingested poisons. However, it has the very unbarbaric prerequisite of being able to cast 2nd level spells.

SwordChucks
2015-10-08, 07:13 PM
Maybe get a bag of devouring for the item familiar? Also it sounds like you need swallow whole and temporary size increases. If your item familiar can cast those on you x times a day you'd be pretty frightening.

If you can manage turning into a dire hippo too, that would be spectacular.

Edit: If you want to turn corpses in to bite-sized snacks you could cast shrink item.

atemu1234
2015-10-08, 11:45 PM
Strong Stomach feat in Cityscape might be worth a look. Three levels of Flux Adept (Dragon Compendium) has an ability called Iron Stomach, that lets you draw nutrients out of any substance, such as rocks, gold, ash, etc. It also makes you immune to ingested poisons. However, it has the very unbarbaric prerequisite of being able to cast 2nd level spells.

I'm thinking two levels of Ur-priest would get you that... and roleplay it as challenging barbarian gods.

Keld Denar
2015-10-09, 08:34 AM
Aberrant Blood > Scavenging Gullet

Lets you gain nourishment from any organic material, regardless of origin or freshness. Also, a +4 on Fort saves vs any negative effects of eating whatever it was you ate, such as poisons or diseases.

Mmmmm, fillet o' ghoul!

Starkeeper
2015-10-09, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the answers so far! A lot of great stuff I'll be looking up on.