PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Getting music over roll20 or voice chat program

Genth
2015-10-08, 10:17 PM
Hi Playground

Starting a Wrath of the Righteous campaign over roll20, and I was disappointed to find that I couldn't actually upload my own music to the Jukebox. Is there any way to get my own music on there, or alternatively, be able to play music to my players over a chat program such as Skype?

Thanks in Advance

slaydemons
2015-10-08, 10:35 PM
Well this might sound a tad snarky but isn't that really a question for like a roll20 forum? But to answer your question they use sound cloud so if you get a sound cloud account and upload it there you should be able to find your music on the jukebox.

Sacrieur
2015-10-08, 11:34 PM
Uh yeah, you just upload it to Sound Cloud.

The sound player isn't even that bad anymore!

Sort of... I guess...

Crake
2015-10-09, 03:02 AM
Uh yeah, you just upload it to Sound Cloud.

The sound player isn't even that bad anymore!

Sort of... I guess...

yeah, if you didn't realise, the jukebox in roll20 gets all of it's sounds and music from sound cloud, a separate website for hosting sounds and music. Make an account there and upload it, then find it through roll20.

CoggieRagabash
2015-10-09, 08:57 AM
Just as a note - from what I hear, soundcloud has gotten better at taking down copyrighted music, so if you want to use it for a session I wouldn't bother uploading too far ahead of time and check your playlists / uploads just before the session to make sure nothing has gone missing.

NichG
2015-10-12, 04:54 PM
Personally, I found the need to use Soundcloud very frustrating, so instead what I did was to set up an audio stream hosted from my computer using Icecast and gave my players the IP and port number. That way I could just queue up music on the audio stream and use whatever I happened to have for music, instead of having to muck about with Soundcloud.