PDA

View Full Version : Gamera is back!

Bhu
2015-10-08, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HH0k_HNjBA

Ravens_cry
2015-10-08, 10:57 PM
Gamera, friend to all children or just that kid?

Bhu
2015-10-09, 02:04 AM
Peak at the trailer. Its more like "Gamera, badass cannon of fire."

Ravens_cry
2015-10-09, 02:09 AM
Peak at the trailer. Its more like "Gamera, badass cannon of fire."
I did. It was badass.:smallbiggrin:

Hopeless
2015-10-09, 02:30 AM
I did. It was badass.:smallbiggrin:

Thanks for the link and yes I agree about the only thing that could have made it better was to use what they did when they finally had Godzilla appear at the airport where everyone was screaming then G turned up and everyone went deadly quiet!

Thought that was possibly the most appropriate response I have ever seen to something like that, this however well it hopefully won't mess up the script as badly as that movie did!:smallfrown:

So they actually meant he was only survivor who actually witnessed Gamera and lived?

Owch!:smallfrown:

Killer Angel
2015-10-09, 06:13 AM
Poor Tokyo. you can never rest. :smallbiggrin:

TheThan
2015-10-09, 01:47 PM
How much of Japan’s GDP goes towards rebuilding Tokyo yearly?

that being said, I never really got into Gamera, but the trailer looks awesome.

Bulldog Psion
2015-10-09, 01:54 PM
How much of Japan’s GDP goes towards rebuilding Tokyo yearly?

They must have an incredible birthrate, also, to replace the millions of annual casualties. :smallbiggrin:

That trailer does have its awesome moments, though, I will admit.

Traab
2015-10-09, 02:01 PM
Makes me wonder if the death battle sparked new interest in a gamera movie.

Toastkart
2015-10-10, 05:48 PM
It looks promising. I like the artistic style of the monsters. I also like that it clearly is keeping the darker undercurrent that Gamera had going for it.

Killer Angel
2015-10-11, 02:14 AM
I only hope it won't fly.

Toastkart
2015-10-11, 05:31 AM
I only hope it won't fly.

...... but... but... Gamera wouldn't be a giant, fire breathing, flying turtle if he couldn't fly. Part of the grandeur of the franchise is the marriage between the actual consequences of giant monster attacks and the ridiculousness of a giant turtle with jet engines in his shell. It just wouldn't be the same without it.

Killer Angel
2015-10-11, 05:48 AM
Part of the grandeur of the franchise is the marriage between the actual consequences of giant monster attacks and the ridiculousness of a giant turtle with jet engines in his shell. It just wouldn't be the same without it.

Eh, I know, but while I love Gamera, I just can't stand the jet engines. My fault. :smalltongue:

Bhu
2015-10-16, 12:41 AM
In other Kaiju news Kong vs Godzilla has been confirmed!

Hopeless
2015-10-16, 02:20 AM
In other Kaiju news Kong vs Godzilla has been confirmed!

AGAIN?:smallconfused:

As in a remake of the original or a team up ala Marvel's Avengers except it involves Earth's Mightiest Kaiju versus everything the aliens in Pacific Rim couldn't send the first time?!:smallamused:

Bhu
2015-10-17, 11:30 PM
AGAIN?:smallconfused:

As in a remake of the original or a team up ala Marvel's Avengers except it involves Earth's Mightiest Kaiju versus everything the aliens in Pacific Rim couldn't send the first time?!:smallamused:

The Monarch organization will make an appearance in Kong 2, and Goji 2 is supposed to be a monsterfest. Goji 3 will be a Kong/Goji team up (possibly after an initial fight).

Legato Endless
2015-10-18, 10:16 PM
To make a blatantly partisan remark, I hope Big G stomps him. King Kong vs Godzilla was one of the weaker films in the series, (the dub is absolutely awful) and Godzilla being given some bizarre weakness contradictory to the rest of the franchise to level the playing field for Kong never sat right with me as a child. Although even (another) loss on Big G's part would be preferable to the cinematic trend of the 2000s of not actual giving a winner.

Traab
2015-10-19, 09:13 AM
I just... dont understand how godzilla could actually lose! I mean, he is a fire breathing nuclear dragon monster with all sorts of psycho feats. King kong is a giant ape. Thats it. He is a giant ape. No super powers, no regeneration, nothing but being as powerful as an ape would be if it was that big irl. He can climb buildings really good and hold onto faye ray. Thats not going to help him when he gets nuclear fire to the FACE!

Killer Angel
2015-10-20, 06:21 AM
Thats not going to help him when he gets nuclear fire to the FACE!

Especially when all you need, is a bunch of WWI byplanes. :smalltongue:

Toastkart
2015-10-20, 01:04 PM
That news is kind of disappointing. Not only have I always found King Kong rather lackluster as far as giant monsters go, but he wasn't even a particularly memorable foe of Godzilla's.