PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Imps?

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-05-21, 04:45 PM
In my campaign, the enemy side is Devil themed. I was wondering about having Imp rogues with high ranks in UMD snipe at the players with wands of Magic Missile and perhaps heal the BBEG. What would be a good generic design for the imps? Keep in mind that these are only supposed to be nuisances and scouts. Thanks!

Yvian
2007-05-21, 05:34 PM
First, not wands of magic missles. No sneak damage there. Rays, even Rays of Frost, do sneak damage.

As for good generic design? Dump a lot of skill points in Use Magical Device, hide, move silently. Pick up bluff and sense motive best you can.The Feat Fly by Attack is nice for harrier types, but you are going to need to get them up to 6HD, which would be 3 levels of rouge, or 2d6 worth of sneak damage.

Person_Man
2007-05-21, 07:35 PM
As Earthstar points out, you need to roll to attack and meet all the other prerequisites (Denied Dex, 30 ft, etc) in order to get Sneak Attack.

Flyby Attack only gives you a standard action in between moves. It's a good feat, but its better used with Greater Manyshot, not a wand.

Orak
2007-05-21, 07:41 PM
I believe that some of the imps have the ability to be invisible. Give these ones a high UMD and a wand of cure light wounds. They can sit invisible around (or above) the BBEG and heal him. The would be a great way to challenge your PC's.