PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The Condemned, a port of the Hellbred

Vhaidara
2015-10-09, 09:25 AM
So, I loved 3.5's Hellbred race. But it did have some glaring flaws (good character using unholy weapon: cool! But who are you hitting that you get any benefit?)

So, I decided to port it over and fix it. This is a WiP I made on my phone during my lunch break, but I think it's a solid start to making them a good PF race
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13v_sGlh3-uPYfHMd3OXc50SDArhzqew16T3kG_rm5bI/edit

As a note, I plan to include fire resist, possibly a point of NA, and some alternate traits (one will be a big bonus to socials vs evil creatures, replacing inversion of power). I also am planning Favored class bonuses for PoW classes and paladins.

stack
2015-10-09, 10:10 AM
Second sentence - none should be known.

Seems like a good start. The abilities thus far are mostly fluffy (how often will you really benefit from inversion?) but thematic. NA and fire resist will help round things out, like you said. Might need something else to give it punch, have to think about it.

Vhaidara
2015-10-09, 10:14 AM
Inversion I think is stronger than you suspect. It basically means that unholy pulls double duty as both holy and unholy.

I'm also planning either a paladin archetype that basically turns it into an antipaladin or an antipaladin archetype that modifies the code of conduct.

stack
2015-10-09, 11:11 AM
Yes, it does double-duty, but good characters will almost never really care about doing extra damage to good creatures. I suppose a militant neutral or an evil that fights opponents of both good and evil alignments would like saving the extra +2 equivalent, but it isn't broadly applicable. Could just be my experience doesn't include situations where it would be helpful; I hear in many evil campaigns you commonly fight evil opponents anyway.