PDA

View Full Version : Polymorphing Prismatic Dragon Eggs

magicalmagicman
2015-10-09, 10:22 AM
Question 1:
1. Acquire any type of dragon egg (so the duration is permanent).
2. PaO it into a prismatic dragon egg.
3. Once it hatches, are the prismatic dragons dispel-able?

Question 2
1. Turn a rock into a prismatic dragon egg with PaO that is just about to hatch.
2. Once the egg hatches, will the resulting prismatic dragon wyrmling revert to a rock in 20minutes?

Question 3:
1. Acquire several dragon eggs of any type.
2. PaO them all into a prismatic dragon eggs.
3. Once they all hatch, raise them all as your own. But make sure they never, ever get dispelled
4. After who knows how long, you breed them.

Are the resulting prismatic dragon eggs dispel-able?

Question 4 (not related to PaO):
If you only have two prismatic dragons, and you breed yourself millions of prismatic dragons through countless generations, will the prismatic dragons be susceptible to inbreeding?

Fouredged Sword
2015-10-09, 10:39 AM
These are in my opinion ruling not backed by a serious RAW reading as I am AFB.

1) The dragon is dispellable and turns back into a dragon egg when dispelled.

2) Yes

3) Those eggs are fine. I suggest the application of age related curses to speed up the breeding process.

4) inbreeding is a process that lacks rules support, so ask your DM.

Bronk
2015-10-09, 11:03 AM
Question 1:
1. Acquire any type of dragon egg (so the duration is permanent).
2. PaO it into a prismatic dragon egg.
3. Once it hatches, are the prismatic dragons dispel-able?

If you just hit the egg, you might just be changing the eggshell. The Draconomicon stats out dragon eggshells separately from the dragon inside, with their own energy immunities, HP and hardness. There could be an extremely angry dragon wyrmling suffocating inside!

If you do manage to affect the whole egg and unborn dragon as a unit, there's nothing in PAO that stops aging of your true form. If the dragon hatches and the spell is later dispelled, it would revert to a hatched dragon of its original type.

magicalmagicman
2015-10-09, 11:55 AM
If you just hit the egg, you might just be changing the eggshell. The Draconomicon stats out dragon eggshells separately from the dragon inside, with their own energy immunities, HP and hardness. There could be an extremely angry dragon wyrmling suffocating inside!

If you do manage to affect the whole egg and unborn dragon as a unit, there's nothing in PAO that stops aging of your true form. If the dragon hatches and the spell is later dispelled, it would revert to a hatched dragon of its original type.

I guess it's a matter of drilling a little hole in the egg, PaO the inside, then PaO the shell as a repaired prismatic dragon egg shell. But I think the egg is considered one "object" instead of two, otherwise you could say the same for everything. A bed is made up of 100 objects since each nail has its own stat, etc.

So I guess there's no way around it.
1. PaO several eggs into a Prismatic Dragon Egg
2. After they hatch keep them alive for 51 years.
3. Cast bestow curse to age them to young adult, saving 50 years.
4. Breed them like crazy
5. Repeat with true prismatic dragon eggs.
6. Keep this up for 2400+ years
7. Turn the great wyrms into dracoliches.

Alright thanks.