PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Attaining Templates

panaikhan
2015-10-09, 11:07 AM
Hello :)

A little bit of background -
I am currently playing a Tiefling Sorcerer (Abyssal) 5 / Soul Eater 4 / Agent of the Grave 3
During the course of play, the module had us help a major demon entity with a 'problem' they had, which granted us a wish.
My Sorcerer wished "To be closer to his bloodline heritage" (in game terms, to acquire the 'Fiendish' simple template), which the demon (i.e. the GM) granted.

First of all, was this a stretch (or even feasible) using a Wish from a CL20+ entity?

That said, is it possible to now further that progression to half-fiend? If yes, how?

Psyren
2015-10-09, 11:56 AM
Wish can do anything, so sure. If you go outside the listed uses, it may screw you over, but that isn't required by any means. Just be mindful that some kind of unintended consequence may pop up later when you least expect it.

As far as going from one template to another, your GM will have to work something out.

upho
2015-10-10, 12:07 AM
Hello :) /snip/ First of all, was this a stretch (or even feasible) using a Wish from a CL20+ entity?Hullo! Like Psyren said, totally possible and potentially risky (read: probably fun), especially considering the nature of powerful demons... :smalltongue:

That said, is it possible to now further that progression to half-fiend? If yes, how?As far as I know, there are rules for how to become a half-fiend and then actually a full demon of a CR equal to your level (guide here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?376027-Becoming-a-Demon-The-Guide)), but that doesn't progress the fiendish template per se, takes a LOT of time and effort, and of course also requires that you have (or at least makes certain you'll end up with) a CE alignment and do a ton of suitably truly vile deeds and rituals, which may not be ideal for your character or game. As an alternative, you could get some cool demonic implants (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicDemonicImplants.aspx). Or perhaps do some other service for your badass gramps from "below" and ask for another wish granted... :smalleek: