PDA

View Full Version : If you were a god...

lillitheris
2007-05-21, 06:08 PM
I'm playing in an epic campaign and our ultimate goal, so I've been told, is godhood. Our DM wants us to come up with profiles for the gods we aspire to be. My only requirements for said profile thus far is that they be lawful good and battle oriented.

I'm just looking for some suggestions or just interesting ideas.

Seffbasilisk
2007-05-21, 06:21 PM
Weapon orient it, and have the priests use the weapon as part of thier everyday life.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-05-21, 06:22 PM
Be the god of pre-battle monologues. (Though I'm not sure that should belong to a lawful good god, what with the abundance of monologuing BBEGs.)

Alternatively, pick a bunch of really, really narrow focuses for your portfolio:

(Your god here), Lawful Good
Portfolio: Fire arrows, Mithril axes, Death from above, Reckless charges (only reckless ones), Spinning side kicks to the face.

For a more serious suggestion... how about the god of clever fighting? Your weapon could be a disarm/trip weapon (I like the idea of having it be the whip--then your clerics could wear cowboy hats and sing hymns to the tune of Indiana Jones, while still kicking ass.)

ocato
2007-05-21, 06:34 PM
Indiana Jones is slightly unlawful if you ask me. He's honorable and he does what is right, but I think his methods are a bit less than lawful from time to time.

As for the deity situation, I would consider your ideal cleric or druid. Just think about the coolest cleric you can, then what kind of god would that cleric have. What kind of Domain spells would be instituted. Then, become that god. Then, for the rest of your time with that DM, make Clerics that worship your previous character.

hehe, I didn't mean to take that in such an exploitative direction initially. So it goes.

lillitheris
2007-05-21, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately for me, my coolest god portfolio is most certainly not lawful good.

I'm slightly more sneaky and underhanded. OK, I'm considerably more sneaky and underhanded.

Silly lawful good people. What's so great about law or good?

Though I did proffer the idea of the god of small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centari my DM subsequently shot it down and suggested I go think about it some more.

As for my personal choice, I might just worship ClericofPhwarrr.

SurlySeraph
2007-05-21, 06:48 PM
The pantheon is overflowing with lawful good battle-oriented gods.

Shiny-Light All-Smiter, Lawful Good
Portfolio: Blinding evil with shiny holy light, shiny armor, the special ability smite evil, shiny swords, punching evil things very hard.
Shiny-Light is the god of hitting evil things until they die. Though it would be efficient, Shiny-Light never hits evil in the groin, because he is too honorable for that. Hiding from things, waiting for reinforcements, and attacking enemies before they are prepared are also dishonorable acts that will cause clerics of Shiny-Light to lose their clerical powers. Shiny is exactly like Stabby McAxeforface, except with the opposite alignment.
Worshippers: paladins
Favored weapon: shiny sword of smiting
Battlecry: Leeeeroy... JENKINS!

lillitheris
2007-05-21, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I know. That's actually what I came up with. Not everyone needs to be Pelor or wants to be Palor.

Frankly, if I had my druthers I'd rather be Loki. But that's just me.

However, I have to have a lawful good fancy-pants. Which is why I need help from people who might not have an unnatural rogue-type affection like I do.

ocato
2007-05-21, 06:56 PM
I second the call for you to worship ClericofPhwarrr

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-21, 07:14 PM
Stabby McAxeforface? Sounds like the best god to ever exist, ever.

If I had to pick a God, I think I'd go with the God of Lawful Hypocrisy. A whole clergy of people like OOTS's Miho, who don't see any problem with committing atrocities, as long as it's against evil.

Also, my spell list would not include Detect Evil.

Battlecry: "Burn their village to the ground! For justice!"

SilverClawShift
2007-05-21, 07:22 PM
Weapon orient it, and have the priests use the weapon as part of thier everyday life.

Hammerites? :smallbiggrin:

Lemur
2007-05-21, 07:29 PM
Hmm, initially I had no ideas, but ocato's post about finding the best domains has given me some ideas. After some quick searching, it's my personal opinion that the following are pretty good domains (some are better than others):

Core:
Travel
Luck
Strength

Spell Compendium:
Time
Preparation
Celerity
Mind
Mentalism

There are other good domains, like Trickery, but I'm not sure they fit in well conceptually with a lawful good warrior type. Anyway, looking at these domains, I was reminded of the time monks from Terry Pratchett's Discworld, who use their minds to alter their perception of time.

So for portfolio ideas, perhaps:

-Strategy, Warrior's Focus. The mental state for being ready for combat and anticipating your opponent, as well as thinking of the best way to take him down. I'm not sure what exactly you'd call it, but being ready for anything in the chaos of battle (Preparation domain, Mind domain, Knowledge domain).
-Speed. Victory goes to the swift, and being able to alter your perception of time gives warriors a definitive edge in combat. (Time, Celerity, Mind, Mentalism domains)
-Probability. There' always the unpredictable nature of combat, and your warrior philosophy embraces this. Warriors know the risks, and don't let things like chance or Fate worry them. (Luck Domain)
-Power. Power is important in battle, no disputes here. (Strength Domain)
-The search for new trials, the desire to constantly test one's resolve and become stronger through adversity. (Travel Domain. Didn't think I could get this one in, did ya? :smalltongue: )

So what do we have out of this? We have a god for heroes, that's what! You're lawful good, the stuff of a true hero (or so I'm told). Upright, virtuous, and always willing to lend a hand in need. Also, it's implicit from your domains that your followers are wandering warriors, who travel constantly both to give protection where it's needed, but also to keep themselves alert and their skills sharp. And there's a code of discipline intertwined in all of this to stop them from abusing their powers, and to make them stronger still. Think wandering samurai types here, who usually travel alone to test their skills wherever they go.

Your followers may not be a large number, but they will be focused and devoted, worth more than a hundred ordinary men in battle each. They'd be honorable people, who'd usually try to get into single combat and duels whenever possible, but who could work as a team to devastating effect, especially with their advanced knowledge of tactics. They'd also be confident, and probably somewhat gung-ho due their embracing of Fate.

So the portfolios in my mind, at least, go together to form a kind of god modeled after the kind of warrior you see in old samurai films. If you like this concept, but your DM needs selling on it, show him a bunch of Toshiro Mifune films as a way of introducing the ideas.

I'm assuming this is the same guy as in your other thread, the Warblade right? Flavor wise, these portfolios probably mesh really well with the Diamond Mind discipline, for what it's worth.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-05-21, 07:34 PM
As for my personal choice, I might just worship ClericofPhwarrr.

If that's the case, just remember that I'm the god of vengeance. And horror. And action. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39053&page=27) :smallcool:

Ivius
2007-05-21, 07:35 PM

You win. You just win.

SpiderBrigade
2007-05-21, 07:41 PM
Stabby McAxeforface? Sounds like the best god to ever exist, ever.

If I had to pick a God, I think I'd go with the God of Lawful Hypocrisy. A whole clergy of people like OOTS's Miho, who don't see any problem with committing atrocities, as long as it's against evil.

Also, my spell list would not include Detect Evil.

I love it. Now would that god be Lawful Neutral? Or would they step over into Evil? Personally I'd say Neutral, thereby allowing worshipers of either Good or evil alignment.

I think it would be nice to give one of their domains the at-will ability to Detect "Foe." That wouldn't be based on alignment at all, but would have to do with declared Enemies of the Church, which could either be designated by the character, or drawn from a lengthy "divine hate list."

These guys would walk into the tavern, Detect Foe, and bash anybody in there that pings. Sure, they kill the evil demon-worshiping cleric, but Joe over there just stole from the poorbox when he was 17...

OzymandiasVolt
2007-05-21, 07:43 PM
That would be hilariously awesome and awesomely hilarious.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-21, 07:45 PM
This is the Deity I want to be.

Levakross, King of Fiends
Levakross is the little known of lord of all evil outsiders, most dominantly those of the abyss and the nine hells. He appears as a tall thin man in black robes and light metal armor with long luxurious brown hair tied back with sinister cold eyes of the same color. His face is handsome and pale but never shows emotion, even in the most dire or stupendous accasions. He is never without his unholy longsword in his belt or on his back. He also sports a small goatee, a thin pointed tail and small curved horns on the top of his head curving backwards. His diabolic nature is also very subtle, it is said that he's had a hand at every major event in the nine hells and abyss for millenia, the rise of Asmodeus, the fall of the erinyes and indirectly, the blood war. But for many centuries he was in exile, cast out of the realms by the other gods for slaying his beloved Naphia. For these many centuries he stewed in guilt and loathing at all those who betrayed him. Until recently he rose back to power and back to his throne in the hidden fortress of Ghaa'rhuul in his doman of Levenkradd. Levakross' holy symbol is a curved dark brown horn on a blood-red background.
His temples are always hidden fortresses of sinster beauty, most often hidden in dark forests or in the middle of a forboding desert and his clerics wear dark red robes and incrruicuit and beautiful armor looking to be of hellish craft.
Clerics of Levakross often lack noticable emotion and sport long hair and short clean facial hair(if male) and always carry a wicked looking longsword in their belts or on their backs. Levakross is nuetral evil and clerics of levakross have acess to the Evil, War, Diabolic* and Demonic* Domains. His favored weapon is the longsword. His Heralds are erinyes and many other fiends, aswell as many fiendish orcs and his prize herald is a half angel/half demon 20th level fighter named Nigh.

*Diabolic and Demonic domans from the Book of Vile Darkness

SpiderBrigade
2007-05-21, 07:58 PM
*snip*
His temples are always hidden fortresses of sinster beauty, most often hidden in dark forests or in the middle of a forboding desert and his clerics wear dark red robes and incrruicuit and beautiful armor looking to be of hellish craft.
*snip*what is incrruicuit?

DomarSaul
2007-05-21, 08:04 PM
I think it's a typo of intricate.

Jannex
2007-05-21, 08:11 PM
It occured to me that, instead of going the Stereotypical Lawful Good route, another option would be to try to find a way to mesh the sneaky, roguish approach that you enjoy with the Lawful Good alignment.

I started trying to think of ways of merging "sneaky and underhanded" with Lawful Good and martial, and I came up with the Goddess of Overprotective Mothers. Spy on the kids (to make sure they stay out of trouble) and bash anyone who looks at 'em funny. And then make sure they brush their teeth.

That's a somewhat comical take on the subject, but the Protection and Knowledge domains (or something of a similar flavor in the non-core supplements, with which others are more familiar than I am) and some Sneak Attack with a Merciful weapon would be right in line with the expressed concepts, I think. The God of Guardians?

TheThan
2007-05-21, 08:20 PM
Gods:

Stabbity McAxeforface,
Alignment: evil, chaotic
Domains: fear, chaos, destruction
Portfolio: fear: death, destruction, stabbing things until they die, headbunting
Weapon: Mithral helmet shaped like an axe, used for head bunt smite attempts.
Granted power: fear as a spell like ability, 3/day. unarmed strike (head bunt only) as a bonus feat at 1st level.

Heally McNiceNice
Aligment: lawful good
Domains: good, healing, protection
Portfolio: healing, being nice, making nice
Weapon: Heally McNiceNice doesn’t believe in using weapons
Granted power: healing spells are treated as being +1 caster level. charm person as a spell like ability 3/day

Apathy Von Doesn’tcare
Alignment: true neutral
Domains: any 2, apathy doesn't care enough to pick his domains
Portfolio: apathy, neutrality, not giving a damn, indecisiveness
Weapon: any 1 weapon, Apathy doesn’t care enough to pick one
Granted power: Priests of Apathy receive 1 XP/level every hour they spend doing nothing at all.

Note: Apathy doesn’t care enough to choose a gender, which has caused a rift in the church of Apathy. One faction believes apathy to be male, another side female but the third side (and the true side) doesn’t care.

edit
edit to fix some stuff on apathy's domains and granted powers... not that i care.

Draken
2007-05-21, 08:34 PM
Gods:
Apathy Von Doesn’tcare
Domains: any
Granted power: Priests of Apathy receive 1 XP/level every hour they spend doing nothing at all.

Note: Apathy doesn’t care enough to choose a gender, which has caused a rift in the church of Apathy. One faction believes apathy to be male, another side female but the third side (and the true side) doesn’t care.

Think this way is better.

TheThan
2007-05-21, 08:43 PM
Think this way is better.

HAahah, perfect

Cruiser1
2007-05-21, 08:49 PM
My current character is a lawful good Evoker Wizard who focuses on item crafting. As a battle deity, he would be the god of siege warfare, using tactical strategy and powerful items (e.g. catapults, alchemists fire, magic) to rain destruction upon evil. Here's his portfolio:

Alignment: lawful good
Domains: knowledge, magic, fire, law, good
Weapon: Heavy Crossbow
Granted power: Gain proficiency with Heavy Crossbow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#crossbowHeavy). Gain Rapid Reload (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#rapidReload) (Heavy Crossbow) as a bonus feat.

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-21, 08:49 PM
Head bunting? Is that, like... tying festive streamers to your head?

TheThan
2007-05-21, 09:09 PM
Stabbity McAxeforface does not do festive streamers. You shall die via axe helmed head butt!
head butts dyslexicfaser

:smallbiggrin:

Dervag
2007-05-21, 09:35 PM
Stabbity McAxeforface does not do festive streamers. You shall die via axe helmed head butt!
head butts dyslexicfaser

:smallbiggrin:He might do festive streamers of intestines or something...

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-21, 09:44 PM
Argh! My precious intestines!

I need those for living!

TSGames
2007-05-21, 10:07 PM
If I were a god?

I would be "The Mighty MC" with the favored weapon Hammer. Just to mix it up I would be god of War, Destruction, and... Pants?

TheThan
2007-05-21, 10:10 PM
If I were a god?

I would be "The Mighty MC" with the favored weapon Hammer. Just to mix it up I would be god of War, Destruction, and... Pants?

You mean war destruction puffy pants, dancing and "bustin' out"

de-trick
2007-05-21, 11:18 PM
i would say to be the god of not dieing or sucking in battle

eg nonucus suckekess
profile living , surving winning
worshipers anyone who wants to live in battle

JackMage666
2007-05-21, 11:23 PM
Here's a conundrum - If a god was a Spelltheif, would his clerics be Ur-Priests? Oh, the confusion!

lillitheris
2007-05-21, 11:35 PM
Lemur - That's actually really good and would probably fit in really well with the Warblade.

TheThan - I was gonna tell you how awesome your god of apathy was but ... I don't care about that.

dyslexicfaser and Jannex - You both have to share cause you just both won the interwebz.

Innis Cabal
2007-05-21, 11:38 PM
fertility gods are always a good idea, as well as gods that control the weather such as rain or storms. Other then that emotions like love are always good convent gathers

Collin152
2007-05-21, 11:40 PM
Here's a conundrum - If a god was a Spelltheif, would his clerics be Ur-Priests? Oh, the confusion!
You just blew my mind.

Quietus
2007-05-21, 11:54 PM

So, would he steal spell power from other gods to power the miracles that he... doesn't give to his priests?

That's AWESOME.

lillitheris
2007-05-22, 12:04 AM
So, would he steal spell power from other gods to power the miracles that he... doesn't give to his priests?

That's a mind melter.

TheThan
2007-05-22, 12:06 AM
Lemur - That's actually really good and would probably fit in really well with the Warblade.

TheThan - I was gonna tell you how awesome your god of apathy was but ... I don't care about that.

dyslexicfaser and Jannex - You both have to share cause you just both won the interwebz.

I see you're a fellow worshiper... not that i care.

Lord_Kimboat
2007-05-22, 12:06 AM
lillitheris, for a serious suggestion, how about you become a defensive fighting god?

There are a bunch of combat maneuver feats that you might be able to offer from Complete Warrior. As well, you can insist on the fighters/paladins/clerics get combat expertise as a requirement (ensuring that they at least have an Int of 13).

For a dogma, you can even bring out the old Jedi drum and people can only fight in defense and never attack.

Nahal
2007-05-22, 12:08 AM
Battlecry: "Burn their village to the ground! For great justice!"

Fixed.

I'm a big wizard fan, so I'd make him a diviner and turn him into the god of winning battles without actually fighting them. Cat's-paws, tactical supremacy, espionage and sabotage with the aim of limiting loss of life. There's nothing that says you can't be LG AND a sneaky b____.
Favored weapon: other people. Why kill the orc horde when you can manipulate hobgoblins into doing it for you?

lillitheris
2007-05-22, 11:20 AM
Favored weapon: other people. Why kill the orc horde when you can manipulate hobgoblins into doing it for you?

Isn't that what being a god is all about in the first place? Playing a game of chess with the lives of those poor slovenly mortals who weren't fortunate enough to be involved in a game where godhood was the goal. Yes, that must be it.

I believe it was in Futurama, "If you've done it right then no one knows you've done anything at all."

Granted I think it would be more fun for a god, break of the monotony of eternity to show up to the random peasant every now and again and command them to do something really bizarre like plant 400 acres of rutebegas for the end was nigh and rutebegas would be the salvation of mankind.

And that, my friends, is why I would be a chaotic neutral god of tricksters, jokesters, sneakiness, and keeping myself amused.

I see you're a fellow worshiper... not that i care.

-takes a deep breath to say something and just sighs and shrugs- Nah, just don't care.

But if I did care, I would say that a god of apathy would probably be responsible for the fewest wars and least amount of blood shed ever.

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-22, 01:00 PM
Wait! I have it!

Favored weapon: other people.

Get a + mod when you pick up one person and use him to hit another person.

Nahal
2007-05-22, 04:00 PM
Wait! I have it!

Favored weapon: other people.

Get a + mod when you pick up one person and use him to hit another person.

Also allows for instant qualification into the Halfling Thrower PrC.

lillitheris
2007-05-22, 04:08 PM
We had that in a GURPS game I played. We were fighting Hercules and he picked up the tengu in our party and was using him as a weapon against us.

Then the fighter decided he was going to parry our tengu rather than dodge him.

Ah, good times.

goat
2007-05-22, 04:33 PM
The un-named goat, God of the bounty.

Domain of Animals and Plants.

"There are children in poor countries who'd kill for that food, clean your plate or I shall SMITE thee!" - The book of Lunch 2:12

Encourages both the growing of multitudes of crops, and the eating of every last bit. Known for the fattest followers around. The followers are encouraged to eat of all animals except the goat, as it shows the true path to enligntenment by eating almost anything it can get its teeth on.

Favoured weapon - Any simple hunting weapon, especially knives and spears. Useful for killing your prey, and then skinning and spit-roasting it.

Followers of the Un-named goat believe that life is one long journey between the next meal. Largely hedonistic, they're known to consider anyone who leaves a good meal unfinished evil, and will smite as appropriate. They encourage communist type societies, as they believe nothing to be worse than starvation and will vigorously oppose any ruler who limits their population's food supply.

Cannibalism isn't actively encouraged among followers, but you know, when you've missed breakfast, it's been a difficult fight and well, he's not going to need that arm again... It can be overlooked. Just pray extra hard and have a double portion of mash.

SurlySeraph
2007-05-22, 06:37 PM
On a serious note, to be a Lawful Good combat-oriented trickster god, you might want to have a monk-like god. You know, divine serenity, the evil ones will defeat themselves if you just trick them into it.
Domains: Good, Luck, smiling while the evil ones trip over their own feet.
Maybe grant his clerics a Bluff bonus that they can only use for feinting in combat?

warty goblin
2007-05-22, 06:37 PM
Don't forget Angst McEmo, god of heroes with tragic pasts who are now traumatized and will talk endlessly about them.

Alignment: CG
Domains: ??
Portfolio: Angst, unending emotional agony, effeminate hairstyles, Drizzt Clones. Parents killed by orcs, family farm burned down.
Powers Granted: Summon Tragic Past Once per day, a cleric of Angst McEmo can call upon their tragic past as a free action. When doing so they may spend the next round having a dramatic flashback. After this time is up, they gain +2 caster level on all spells, +2 to all attacks, and +2 to saves versus fear. In addition, they gain +1 to attack and damage versus whatever creatures are responsible for its tragic past. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the cleric's cleric level + cha modifier.

Note, only creatures with a tragic past may become clerics of Angst McEmo.

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-22, 06:42 PM
Only once per day?

Thoughtbot360
2007-05-23, 01:20 AM
Portfolio: Fire arrows, Mithril axes, Death from above, Reckless charges (only reckless ones), Spinning side kicks to the face.

ALL HAIL MY NEW GOD! AND MAY THE STREETS FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIEVERS!

brian c
2007-05-23, 01:37 AM
Be the god of pre-battle monologues. (Though I'm not sure that should belong to a lawful good god, what with the abundance of monologuing BBEGs.)

Alternatively, pick a bunch of really, really narrow focuses for your portfolio:

Chuck Norris
Lawful Good
Portfolio: Roundhouse kicks to the face

Tokiko Mima
2007-05-23, 01:49 AM
Chuck Norris
Lawful Good
Portfolio: Roundhouse kicks to the face

But Chuck Norris doesn't believe in gods. Gods believe in Chuck Norris. :smalltongue:

Corncracker
2007-05-23, 01:49 AM
Bob, god of Beer.

Really you don't need a fancy alignment. No domains needed. None of those silly portfolios. Just Bob.

High-Chancellor
2007-05-23, 02:58 AM
Bah, you can make a lawfull good battle god that is still clever and tricksy.... and doesn't necessarily think with his giant sword of shiny shinyness.

Dark
2007-05-23, 05:00 AM
How about a focus on archery? That's still battle-oriented, and by the nature of the weapon, an archer fights differently from the "guy with a big hammer" model. An archer strikes from distance, from behind cover, and preferably by surprise. Also, this weapon allows you to draw on the whole Artemis/Diana concept from Greek myth.

If you then steer the lawful-good requirement in the direction of mystery and investigation, you'll add elements of cunning and outsmarting your enemies.

Let's see...

Irna, Goddess of Applied Justice
Concept: Irna inspires those who seek vengeance on ones who have betrayed them, and those who seek to uncover hidden evil.
Signature weapon: Irna carries a tall golden bow, known as the Long Arm of Justice. Her eye is keen and sees through all deceit, and her arrows are said to strike in the heart those who have betrayed their family, and in the eye those who have betrayed a noble cause.
Lineage: One fine morning around the Dawn of Time, the God of Truth was relaxing in his garden, when suddenly one of the Apples of Immortality fell on his head. The God of Truth said some nasty words. When these words fell from his lips and mixed with his life-giving spittle, they coalesced into the form of the goddess Irna, who personified his outrage at having been thus assaulted by a tree that he had planted and nurtured by his own hand.

Indon
2007-05-23, 08:04 AM
Hmm... well, something more serious than most of the others:

Kevlar, the Soul of the Law.

Priests of Kevlar know that the letter of the law rarely matches with the spirit of the law, and that this... discrepancy... can lead to problems in enforcing the law. Kevlar urges his followers to seek the higher cause of Law, without allowing themselves to be hindered by corrupt, ineffecient bureaucracies. This does not mean that a follower of Kevlar is not subservient to a noble and just authority; simply that they are never subordinate to an authority which is not noble and just.

Portofolio: Eh, I dunno.
Favored Weapon: Sap! Or, I dunno, some other weapon appropriate for a vigilante.
Granted Power: Mage Armor at will. (Or maybe shield, either way)

lillitheris
2007-05-23, 10:59 AM
I think someone needs to invent a new internet rule. It always used to come 'round to Nazi's before and now it's Chuck Norris. Not that I can argue though, he is pretty damned awesome.

I think I've decided on my god concept, many thanks to Lemur for his ideas which actually helped me come up with my concept.

Thanks to everyone who made me laugh as well, that's worth a lot some days.

ravenkith
2007-05-23, 11:31 AM
God: Nsa, the Watchful One
Alignment: Lawful Good
Portfolio: Surveillance, Infiltration, Preemptive Strikes
Domains: Trickery, Inquisition, Liberation, Protection, Knowledge, Good, Travel

He is always watching, always waiting, seeking out the truth, and acting upon it.

If he obtains evidence of malfeasance on your part, he and his followers will be quick to punish you in a suitable manner.

His followers believe in an afterlife consisting either of a Heaven of sorts (Usa), or a Hell (Gitmo), as your actions in life merited.

lillitheris
2007-05-23, 11:39 AM
Would that be lawful good or would it be lawful neutral?

elliott20
2007-05-23, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by TheThan
Gods:
Apathy Von Doesn’tcare
Domains: any

Wow, so it's a god of procrasination and laziness!

Must be the patron god for college students or something.

ravenkith
2007-05-23, 12:01 PM
Lawful good...because he doesn't punish you until you've been bad...and he's always watching.

Them's the laws, and you'd better believe he's following them ;)

Of course, this means you'd have to determine what constitutes good and bad in terms of Nsa's will, but whaddayagunnado?

Fishy
2007-05-23, 12:17 PM
Lawful good, non-Pelor like?

Take Trickery, Law, Knowledge, Travel, and all that other good stuff, and become, essentially, the God of defense attorneys. The Law is Just where Knowledge is perfect- and it's these clerics who uphold Justice by making sure the little guy doesn't get crushed. In civilized nations, they take part in the legal system, they build schools, and their newest initiates work as Town criers. In lawless countries, they serve as couriers, mediators and negotiators, spreading peace through diplomatic agreements. In dictatorships, they risk their lives by pleading for the oppressed- never acting outside the confines of the system, but always speaking truth to power. Those are your dudes.

TheThan
2007-05-23, 02:38 PM
Ok, I’ve made some slight changes to Apathy, mainly using Draken’s suggestion and giving him access to any two domains.

*Shoulders slump*

never mind…

dyslexicfaser
2007-05-23, 03:19 PM
Ok, I’ve made some slight changes to Apathy, mainly using Draken’s suggestion and giving him access to any two domains.

*Shoulders slump*

never mind…
That's the spirit, brother!

Go Apathy!

Or not. You know, whatever.

TheThan
2007-05-23, 06:38 PM
That's the spirit, brother!

Go Apathy!

Or not. You know, whatever.

*shrugs*

...Sure, whatever...

Arbitrarity
2007-05-23, 09:26 PM
Why am I posting... there's no point.

Why did you change it?
:smallsigh:

Why?:smallsigh:

mikeejimbo
2007-05-23, 09:47 PM
Apathy apathy, that's our cry! A-P-A- aw who cares?

(The Apathy Cheer, taught to me by my father)

I made a god of apathy once. His name was Meh. His followers were all apathetic. You didn't get any powers for worshiping him or anything, but he was also the most important and powerful god of the pantheon. He just didn't care.

X15lm204
2007-05-24, 11:58 PM
Eh, I still like Ronson (http://www.rmcomics.com/MyComic.htm) better. Gives you clerical powers, but only if you leave him the f*** alone. Bother him with needy prayer and you're excommunicated.

TheThan
2007-05-25, 12:31 AM
Eh, I still like Ronson (http://www.rmcomics.com/MyComic.htm) better. Gives you clerical powers, but only if you leave him the f*** alone. Bother him with needy prayer and you're excommunicated.

See that's the great thing about Apathy he doesn't care if you worship him or not, or even pester him with prayer. But then again priests of Apathy don't care enough to pray regularly anyway

TheThan
2007-05-25, 12:32 AM
OOps, double post.

wonder how you delete these things. not that it matters...

knightsaline
2007-05-25, 01:46 AM
If I were a god....

Delasp, the hundred lived god
Domains: pick any two, chances are, delasp had it during his enforced 100 lives
Granted power: Masters touch at will
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (leanings towards Good)
Prayers to Delasp are usually in forms of meditation while reflecting on past lives
Requirements to enter the church of Delasp; must know at least 3 of your own past lives, delasp can remember all 100 of his
Favored weapon: Choose one, Great Axe or Bastard sword
Deity's weapon: +5 vorpal flaming anarchic Greataxe, named Shnikershnak
History; Delasp is the son of Syreth and Sedrea, both powerful deities in their own right. a prophesy made at the start of time stated that the child of 2 gods would have to live 100 lives before ascending to godhood.

Ninja Chocobo
2007-05-25, 04:41 AM
Heh. I read that as "Hundred livered god".
Would've made for a much more interesting concept, particularly for Dwarves.

lillitheris
2007-05-25, 11:00 AM
Heh. I read that as "Hundred livered god".
Would've made for a much more interesting concept, particularly for Dwarves.

lol

A hundred livered god would have to be a god of boozing.

DreadArchon
2007-05-25, 12:56 PM
Though I did proffer the idea of the god of small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centari my DM subsequently shot it down and suggested I go think about it some more.
Your DM won't let you play the patron god of Alienists? That'd be a cool schtick.

Unfortunately for me, my coolest god portfolio is most certainly not lawful good.

I'm slightly more sneaky and underhanded. OK, I'm considerably more sneaky and underhanded.
You're the God of Batmans!

Actually, that could work:

[Name], God of Vigilantes: devoted to upholding the concept and intention of law by doing away with corruption and injustice. The religion has its own code of laws that are applied to its adherents without any consideration for petty local mortal authorities, thus leading to lots of wet work and black ops. Focus on (1) protecting the innocent and (2) revoking the breathing privileges of the guilty.

Domains: Law, Liberation, Protection, Strength, Trickery

Edit: Though I see that I'm not the first to think of such.

Habeed
2007-05-25, 11:34 PM
Aphro : Goddess of sluts

A cleric of Aphro must be female, and must "sleep around".

Powers :
"suggestive glance" : the character receives +3 to the next charisma check, if the check is against that of a human male.
"Delivering the goods" : once per day, the character's body is transformed to that of a (barely legal) 18 year old female human, with 18 base charisma. This effect lasts for 10 minutes/level. Face is unaffected, except for the throat becoming several inches deeper.

An epic level priest of Aphro receives the special ability
"Party Goddess". She will appear permanently as the female celebrity of her choice, at 18 years + 1 day age.

Intimate activities grant XP points, on a scale based on the difficulty of the "encounter."

During worship orgies, priests of Aphro can call upon the goddess to grant similar body transformations to the worshippers.

Paper bags and beer kegs are useful for worship of Aphro.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-05-26, 03:38 PM
I don't know if anyone's asked this, but why is your DM sticking you with a profile that doesn't match your temperament? If I had been running things I'd have taken your character's personality into account. I don't get it.:smallconfused:

CASTLEMIKE
2007-05-28, 02:41 AM
I'm playing in an epic campaign and our ultimate goal, so I've been told, is godhood. Our DM wants us to come up with profiles for the gods we aspire to be. My only requirements for said profile thus far is that they be lawful good and battle oriented.

I'm just looking for some suggestions or just interesting ideas.

Some of the nicer domains are Luck, Travel, Illusion, Summoning or Prestige Summoning, Trickery, Magic (or Psionics) and Spell for the domain powers the god can use and for the bennies the clergy receive. Some of the racial domains are nice particularly if you go for the demographically dominant race according to Dieties and Demigods number of followers/worshippers is generally important belief wise (with humans you would need to make the domain with your DM based on other racials domains).

LG is a little limiting for the god and his clergy and followers for some of the "better" domains. Can you go LN favoring good vice evil like Saint Cuthbert or Azuth or Savras or the former incarnation of Mystra did? It would give your god character quite a few more options.

A variant of Siamorphe or Savras divinely ascended former mortals.

You could be a God of Fate (and or Planning with a Divination and Oracle Domain focus), Law (Bureacracy, Contracts), (Merchants) Trade, Nobility with a Conjuration/Summoning Magic, Prestige Summoning or Summoning focus possibly with a UA Conjurer Domain Variant wizard (Really nice if your God can use a Domain power for areas he is able to sense (Guiding or nudging hand in the campaign world). Merchants and Nobility would support taking the Trickery domain. A God of Fate or PLanning would be a good reason to support taking the Luck Domain (Fortune favors the lucky and the prepared) and using Miracle per Dieties and Demigods rules as Domain spells.

A Sun God "Dusk/Evening Lord" opens up Air(Sky/nature/Weather), Death (Assassins, Cultists, Dusk (Autumn and Old Age along with Necromancy)), Fire (Crafting and Hearth God), Knowledge (Old Age the Evening Lord), Planning (Divination and Oracle), Plant (Farmers), Sun and Time Domains.

A God of Portals and Travel could assume the portfolio of Aoskar. Travel is a nice domain for clerics.

Damionte
2007-06-03, 07:55 PM
If "I" were a god, I wouldn't have to say "yes". People wouldn't need to ask me. They'd already know the answer in thier bones.

Ninja Chocobo
2007-06-04, 04:45 AM
Paper bags and beer kegs are useful for worship of Aphro.

Paper bags?
On second thoughts, I don't want to know.