PDA

View Full Version : Cut-throat feat 5e

Spacehamster
2015-10-09, 02:43 PM
"You have through rigorous training achieved a knack for rougish skills"

You gain expertise in one rogue skill(you must already have this skill) or in thieves tools.
You gain proficiency in thieves tools, if you already have this proficiency you may choose Poisoers kit or
the disquise kit.
You gain 1d6 sneak attack.

so how is this for a "become a little like another class feat"? Is it overpowered?

Also inviting everyone to post their own feats of the same type that emulates the feel of another class here if they want. :)

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-09, 03:13 PM
Eh, if I wanted this feel for my character, I'd multiclass. It's cleaner and easier.

I like the idea of a metamagic feat, but I'd be hesitant to introduce it without a parallel overhaul of the whole sorcerer class.

Metamagic Adept
Prerequisite – ability to cast at least one spell

You have studied arcane secrets that allow you to twist and modify your spells. You gain the following benefits:
You learn one Metamagic option from among those available to the sorcerer. If you use the Empowered Spell option and use Intelligence or Wisdom as your spellcasting ability, you may choose to use either your INT or WIS modifier for the number of dice re-rolled.
If you already have sorcery points, you gain 3 more; otherwise, you now have 3 sorcery points with which to fuel your Metamagic. They are expended when you use them and are regained when you finish a short or long rest.

Spacehamster
2015-10-09, 03:26 PM
Eh, if I wanted this feel for my character, I'd multiclass. It's cleaner and easier.

I like the idea of a metamagic feat, but I'd be hesitant to introduce it with a parallel overhaul of the whole sorcerer class.

Metamagic Adept
Prerequisite – ability to cast at least one spell

You have studied arcane secrets that allow you to twist and modify your spells. You gain the following benefits:
You learn one Metamagic option from among those available to the sorcerer. If you use the Empowered Spell option and use Intelligence or Wisdom as your spellcasting ability, you may choose to use either your INT or WIS modifier for the number of dice re-rolled.
If you already have sorcery points, you gain 3 more; otherwise, you now have 3 sorcery points with which to fuel your Metamagic. They are expended when you use them and are regained when you finish a short or long rest.

I myself do love multiclassing but also do like the idea of the feats that just give you a "taste" of a class,
Taking a feat in itself is quite a cost with how valuable ASI's are.

Like the sorcery feat. :)