PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Applying Metapsionics twice, and, need some help with feats.

D4rkh0rus
2015-10-09, 10:31 PM
I've been wondering, since I cant seem to find any source that confirms or denies this...

Given 2 Psionic foci (Main example, you have Psicrystal containment), I am led to believe you can expend both of them for metapsionics on the same power, but... Can you apply the same metapsionic feat to a power twice?

Say for example, an -Empowered, Empowered Energy Ray-, or a -Energy Stun Linked to Energy Bolt, Linked to Energy Ray-

On a side note, Making a psionic character, I have two feats free at level one (5 feats total, lvl 1, 1 for psion, 2 flaws, and 1 bonus from being human). I have spent 3 on Linked Power, Metapower and Psicrystal Affinity... what should I spend the remaining two on?

I first thought at Overchannel and Talented, But idk if I want them...
I've thought at Earth Sense and earth Power, or maybe Boost construct and something else (I have access to Astral Construct), maybe some metapsionic feats like Empower Power and Extend power.

Any opinions on the second question?

Rubik
2015-10-09, 10:41 PM
I've been wondering, since I cant seem to find any source that confirms or denies this...

Given 2 Psionic foci (Main example, you have Psicrystal containment), I am led to believe you can expend both of them for metapsionics on the same power, but... Can you apply the same metapsionic feat to a power twice?

Say for example, an -Empowered, Empowered Energy Ray-, or a -Energy Stun Linked to Energy Bolt, Linked to Energy Ray-Given that every other meta- type feat explicitly says you cannot stack the same feat more than once but there is no restriction on metapsionic feats whatsoever, there's honestly nothing stopping you from doing so like you would with any two metapsionic feats, so long as you expend two foci (or more, in the case of a psychic weapons master or an ardent with the dominant ideal ACF. And for someone says "two sources don't stack," that's only for bonuses, which metapsionic feats aren't.

Psionic focus is the limiter here, so no arbitrary "no multiples on metapsionics" is needed.

On a side note, Making a psionic character, I have two feats free at level one (5 feats total, lvl 1, 1 for psion, 2 flaws, and 1 bonus from being human). I have spent 3 on Linked Power, Metapower and Psicrystal Affinity... what should I spend the remaining two on?

I first thought at Overchannel and Talented, But idk if I want them...
I've thought at Earth Sense and earth Power, or maybe Boost construct and something else (I have access to Astral Construct), maybe some metapsionic feats like Empower Power and Extend power.

Any opinions on the second question?What sources are allowed? Faerie Mysteries Initiate is great for extra hp, and combining Keen Intellect with Wedded to History (Survivor) gives you great saves. Combining all three basically makes you entirely Int-SAD, except for initiative.

D4rkh0rus
2015-10-09, 10:54 PM
Given that every other meta- type feat explicitly says you cannot stack the same feat more than once but there is no restriction on metapsionic feats whatsoever, there's honestly nothing stopping you from doing so like you would with any two metapsionic feats, so long as you expend two foci (or more, in the case of a psychic weapons master or an ardent with the dominant ideal ACF. And for someone says "two sources don't stack," that's only for bonuses, which metapsionic feats aren't.

Psionic focus is the limiter here, so no arbitrary "no multiples on metapsionics" is needed.

Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification.

What sources are allowed? Faerie Mysteries Initiate is great for extra hp, and combining Keen Intellect with Wedded to History (Survivor) gives you great saves. Combining all three basically makes you entirely Int-SAD, except for initiative.

Keen intellect is allowed, although Due to Venerable/Reincarnate shenanigans, My wisdom isn't that low.

The DM doesn't accept any feats that are not easily accessible, I happen to have the FMI source, so I can probably convince him to use that. But I have no idea about Wedded to History, All I know is it essentially makes you immune to aging, but I didn't know there were other bonuses and stuff. Wedded probably wont fly (Cause I don't have any source with the feat explained and stuff).

In terms of sources, Lets go with All WoTC licensed books, and Dragon Compendium.

Rubik
2015-10-09, 11:34 PM
The DM doesn't accept any feats that are not easily accessible, I happen to have the FMI source, so I can probably convince him to use that. But I have no idea about Wedded to History, All I know is it essentially makes you immune to aging, but I didn't know there were other bonuses and stuff. Wedded probably wont fly (Cause I don't have any source with the feat explained and stuff).Wedded to History gives you basic benefits (mainly of immortality) along with a secondary benefit which depends on which version you take. Survivor allows you to use your Will save instead of Fort or Ref, but every time you use it you take an incremental -1 penalty to Will saves for the rest of the day. With Keen Intellect giving you +Int to Will saves and a good Will save progression, you'll have to make quite a lot of Will saves every day before it's down to the level of your other saves, especially if you can afford to dump Con and Dex...though you'll need Dex for initiative.

In terms of sources, Lets go with All WoTC licensed books, and Dragon Compendium.Hmm...

You could always take Able Learner and nab a level in factotum somewhere along the way. Look at the "1st level only" feats and see if one catches your interest. If you plan on going necropolitan later, Human Heritage could protect you from everything from Turn Undead to Command Undead. And if you CAN take Wedded to History and Faerie Mysteries Initiate, that covers your Fort save and hp nicely.

D4rkh0rus
2015-10-10, 12:06 AM
Allright, Ill look at what other level one feats I can take.