PDA

View Full Version : Maple Story

lacesmcawesome
2007-05-21, 07:56 PM
So, i was wondering if anyone played Maple Story, or had at least heard about it. My DM introduced me to it, and I'm totally addicted.

For those that don't know, Maple Story is a Massively Multiplayer Online game, but what makes it different is that it's a side-scrolling game.

So yea, anyone play? What servers are you guys on? I play in Scania, myself.

Setra
2007-05-22, 12:14 AM
It's...boring...to no end... it relies on addiction to keep you playing, much like many other games, but to a greater extent.

I never got addicted.

SDF
2007-05-22, 12:41 AM
You have to like grinding, because that is the entire game.

I stick by the formula;

MMO
Free
Good

You only get two.

elliott20
2007-05-22, 02:46 PM
I'm so waiting for the day we have a multiplayer platform game that is actually a platform game instead of a gigantic grind fest.

ufo
2007-05-22, 03:52 PM
Addicted for a week. But it got (VERAY!) old, fast!

J_Muller
2007-05-22, 05:10 PM
I've played it and found it rather annoying--too much grinding for my taste. I do know people who are addicted, though, to the point where they save up real money to buy items for their characters.

lacesmcawesome
2007-05-22, 07:20 PM
Oh, mods, I'm sorry. This should be in the gaming forum. I'd ask you to kindly move it for me.

Thanks.

and yea, they rely on addiction, but I *am* addicted.

Pensive Pine
2007-05-22, 09:57 PM
I used to be so addicted to it back in 2005, and I'd still like to play, but I just don't have the time any more. I was a mage, but I got sick and tired of other mages telling me I should have put more points into my Magic Claw, instead of Magic Bolt (which I preferred). So when the new version was released, I tried being a thief instead, but it just wasn't the same.

Ranis
2007-05-22, 10:05 PM
Kiddy progression of MMO's.

Maple Story>Runescape>Ragnarok Online.

In that order.

Trauron
2007-05-23, 11:10 AM
Well, I'm actually a fan of it, and have been for a while now, I've played it since my friend introduced me to beta for it, and still play the global version to this day, though I don't rely on its grinding to keep me entertained, I mostly just sign on to talk to friends and stuff. Currently I play the bera server and am a LEGIT character as well, not trying to show I'm THAT addicted, but I'm actually level 133. Seeing how people now get to my level within six months while I took about two years, It shows I'm not actually that addicted to it.

Coming to the point, when you play it the right way,moderating your time playing it, you may find that its one of the best online MMOs that you can play, Though I tend to do other things besides even signing on it now.

Hmm, did I rant?

elliott20
2007-05-24, 12:13 PM
I don't know... to me the game felt like one gigantic grind session.

Even the quests in question were really just thinly disguised grind sessions too.

Orzel
2007-05-24, 12:21 PM
It was fun but the grinding was toture. I started playing with my toes to make it interesting.

I go by SDF's logic. You only get 2.

onasuma
2007-05-30, 11:11 AM
Gave up when it killed my PC

Korias
2007-05-30, 08:19 PM

In that order.

For the truth!

Ragnarok has so many free private servers, its awesome!

WhatIsGravity
2007-06-03, 07:58 AM

In that order.

Actually I went from Runescape to MapleStory. :smalltongue:

I've been playing the SEA version for almost 2 years now, but my highest is...

61. :smallannoyed:

Stagger Lee
2007-06-03, 10:10 AM
I played it for a few months back in Beta, on Tespia, had a level 42 bandit. I had the Mark of the Beta on gMS. When I quit, Bera was new.

Artemician
2007-06-03, 10:35 AM
I'm so waiting for the day we have a multiplayer platform game that is actually a platform game instead of a gigantic grind fest.

QFT

I really wish we had such a game... nothing like executing combo attacks in realtime.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-03, 11:46 AM
See, I've got a friend who plays free MMORPGS as an addiction (but never one for more than a month), and Maple Story was one of those. Along with Runescape, Survival Project, Pokemon Fantasy, Flyff, and dozens of others.

Last I checked, he was back into Maple Story.

Never liked it meself.

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-03, 12:04 PM
Oh i remember maple story. It was kinda fun, but it gets boring after a while. If i can remember im a level 93 priest in Bera.