PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CLXVII

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 04:18 PM
Nicholas would like to respond, but unfortunately he's stuck in dead time for the next two hours or so.

Which saves him from getting smacked in the shin by a gnome.

Score!

Nevrmore
2007-05-25, 04:19 PM
Luckily for the patrons of the tavern, the imp-like creatures are hilariously ineffectual and their weapons are second-rate, so the most they can do is give you a cut that needs to be bandaged.

The dwarf attacking the strawberry hits the ground, holding his shin. The goblin attacking Lelin flies straight into the wall and promptly becomes goblin paste.

Fuddbag wields his morning star, waiting for someone to get close.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-25, 04:25 PM
Lelin looks distastefully at Fuddbag and then rolls her eyes, ignoring the call for help.

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 04:26 PM
Joseph, with something to do somewhere else, darts out of the tavern.

Nevrmore
2007-05-25, 04:27 PM
Fuddbag, seeing as that his gang members are so weak that even the NPCs are taking care of them (really, that's sad), jumps in and starts trying to break things as rude, brutish things are wont to do.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-25, 04:36 PM
Lelin slips a small coin onto the counter, blinks, and is whisked away by the universe.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 06:27 PM
Kerra and shadow appear in the Tavern. As almost noone is there she mutters to herself and pulls out a book.

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 07:53 PM
Tom Goodfellow skids down the stairs, his hat in hand. He flips his hat onto his head, tosses his rapier to himself, sliding it easily into its sheath, and then looks around.

wxdruid
2007-05-25, 08:03 PM
Cassandra walks into the Tavern and sits at the bar, she pulls out her notebook and starts looking through it.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 08:04 PM
Kerra continues reading. Shadow jumps off her lap and streches.

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 08:07 PM
Tom looks around, frowns a bit, then heads over to the mirror.
Now why do they have a mirror in here...

wxdruid
2007-05-25, 08:09 PM
Cassandra mutters, For idiots that want to look at themselves...

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 08:13 PM
Nick suddenly snaps back to attention and glances around the tavern with a nervous lick of his lips.

"Blast it all. That's three times now," while he could attempt to track Joseph's trail he figures that intruding upon the man's privacy would probably be a bad idea.

And then, then he notices the swashbuckler who happens to be small in stature but tall in bravado. He doesn't say that out loud, of course. Would probably offend Tom.

"Good evening Mister Goodfellow. How goes the dashing escapades?"

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 08:13 PM
Tom doesn't hear Cassandra.
In fact, he takes the opportunity to adjust his hat and shake out his sleeves.
And pose.
Because that is just the sort of halfling he is.

Well, we'll be getting some soon enough, I assume. I lead a very busy life you know.
Tom grins and hops up onto a table, leaning back on it.

wxdruid
2007-05-25, 08:15 PM
Cassandra reaches behind the bar and gets herself a funky llama. She pours herself a glass and tries to ignore Tom.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 08:22 PM
Kerra plays with Shadow.

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 08:23 PM
Ignoring swashbucklers is usually pretty hard. Especially dashing swashbucklers.

Nick grins at the display, having trouble not drawing parallels between Tom and the suave half-orc swordsmen he had met a few years ago. Normally half-orc and charismatic don't go together too well, but this guy managed to pull it off amazingly.

"Well, Joseph our local vampire hunter is planning on raiding some crypt not too far from here tonight," Nicholas suggests. "Unfortunately I don't think that villain's mindless undead servants would appreciate your particular style."

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 08:25 PM
Indeed. And while fighting masses of undead certainly leads to crazy and awe inspiring fight scenes it isn't quite... dashing.
He frowns.
Where is a damsel in distress when you need one?

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 08:36 PM
"I've yet to encounter one since I've arrived here," Nicholas responds in a rather level tone. He knows full well who would score the kiss should the two of them save and distressed damsels. "Most of the women here seem to be able to hold their own in combat. It doesn't seem to be very... lady-like to me, but this is a rather strange place."

Of course, he has no idea that there's a rather powerful female warlock within earshot.

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 08:39 PM
Tom heaves a sigh.
His player puts on a welding mask, heavy gloves, and lights a fuse with the next words before running off.
If only there were an adventure for me.

Vhaidara
2007-05-25, 08:55 PM
Rishtak and Katriana awaken from dead time and, forgeting what he was talking about, Rishtak leaves with Katriana.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 08:57 PM
Kerra puts down the book and places it inside her cloak. Shadow leaps off her robe and skits around on the floor.

Timberwolf
2007-05-25, 09:00 PM
Tom heaves a sigh.
His player puts on a welding mask, heavy gloves, and lights a fuse with the next words before running off.
If only there were an adventure for me.

((I feel so mean doing this...))

A hooded stranger enters the bar. Anyone who was in the tavern a while back might recognise the individual. Cosmo certainly does, the gnome runs screaming into the back.

You

He points a Tom.

You wish a quest ?

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 09:01 PM
"Ha!" cries a man in a black top-hat and 1900s era suit with an obscenely large handlebar mustache. He stands tall on a table, his crystal toped cane in one hand and his black cape with red velvet lining in the other. "I have set eight bombs around the city! And I have tied a helpless maiden to a post in front of a dragon's lair! You will only have time to rescue the Town, or the beautiful girl! Bwa ha ha ha! Do not choose lightly, heroes!"

He twists his mustache sinisterly, throws his cape around himself, and vanishes.

True to his word, there's a bundle of dynamite under the table he was standing on with an alarm clock wired to it.

Nicholas blinks at the bomb.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 09:06 PM
Tom and his player, interestingly, weren't around to see the cloaked man.
Then the handlebar mustache man shows up.
He looks frozen for a split instant, not sure what to do.
Somewhere in his confusion he managed to jump up onto his table a strike a heroic pose. He blinks, then decides.
Take of the bombs, Nick! I'll take care of the dragon!
He then realizes the flaw in his plan.
Erm... anyone know where the dragon lair is?

Vhaidara
2007-05-25, 09:09 PM
A ghostly image of Shadowbow appears.
It is in the Mountains. Try not to kill the dragon. That's my job.
The image vanishes.

Timberwolf
2007-05-25, 09:10 PM
The hooded man decides that, amusing as his quests may have been they require the halflings attention, and none of them involved a pretty girl. He settles for helping himself to a DLB.

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 09:15 PM
Conveniently enough there are a number of hand painted signs in the tavern that weren't there previously. They read:

Dragon's Lair: That Way ==>

There are a number of them outside in the streets, pointing to a part of Town that, oddly enough, no one has ever been to before.

The Playground.

Nick isn't too surprised by the halfling's preference and sets about disarming the bomb. Of course, he has no idea how to disarm bombs and so he tries cutting the red wire. Fortunately that works.

The marksmen breaths a sigh of relief.

"Alright. I should be able to sniff out the rest of the bombs. Go take your moment to shine, Tom. I'm sure the fair maiden will be happy to see you."

He stands and hurries out the door, following the scent of gunpowder and the mustache grease used by the villain.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 09:16 PM
Kerra dissapears in a puff off smoke. Shadow hops onto a table.

AmberVael
2007-05-25, 09:17 PM
Tom races out the door and to the dragon' lair.

wxdruid
2007-05-25, 09:22 PM
Cassandra sighs in relief and goes back to studying her notebook.

McBish
2007-05-25, 10:00 PM
Eric escapes deadtime and looks around.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-25, 10:09 PM
Lelin pops back into the tavern, certain now that the idiot with the mace is gone and sits down at the bar.
Amateur.

McBish
2007-05-25, 10:30 PM
Eric gets a fox cola and starts to drink.

puss in boots
2007-05-25, 10:42 PM
Shadow finnaly gets bored of the table and leaps gracefully off it. Kerra appears beside her.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-25, 11:04 PM
Having forgot where he'd placed Xeni previously, his player casually tosses him into the tavern from a wine glass. How this obeys any of the laws of nature is unknown, but it works.

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 11:31 PM
Nick steps into Trog's and orders a bottle of champaign.

He figures that the halfling did the better part of the damsel saving work, so he actually deserved the kiss.

Unlike that smarmy bard.

He takes a seat at a nice table and waits for Tom.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-25, 11:44 PM
Xeni stands up and looks around, vaguely confused as to how he got here, but shrugs it off and looks around. He squints and waves at Nick.

Rebonack
2007-05-25, 11:48 PM
Nicholas waves back.

"You know, I don't think I ever got your name."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-25, 11:54 PM
You didn't? Huh, memories not the greatest thing in the world and I can forget things like that periodically. I'm Xeni.
He does a uselessly formal bow and moves over to Nick's table.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 12:14 AM
"And I'm Nicholas Kawsh, marksmen, adventurer, and apparently bomb diffuser," he grins at the last one. "Would you like some champagne? It looks like Mister Goodfellow may not be joining me."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 12:23 AM
Ah...havn't had champagne in over 50 years. I'd be very pleased to be reaquainted with the taste.
He smiles lightly, already feeling a bit happier. Even though he still hadn't found his blasted scrying bowl yet.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 12:31 AM
Soon enough the fine carbon dioxide filled wine arrives with a pair of glasses.

Nicholas pours his and takes a sip.

"Not bad. So, destroy anymore layers of the Abyss lately?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 12:39 AM
No, I have restrained myself. That and it's too taxing to be worth doing more than once a month. As a matter of fact, I havn't even seen any demons lately, a few devils, but no demons.
He nicks the other glass and the bottle, carefully pouring the drink.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 12:44 AM
"Let's see... I helped save Town from a mad bomber today. And gave a hand with slaying a dragon," Nick recalls from the night's earlier events. "Big nasty red one. He probably has plenty of loot in his cave, though I didn't bother to check."

Warpfire
2007-05-26, 12:47 AM
Joseph walks in and glances over at Nick. "Hey, you seen Therarde recently?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 12:49 AM
Why not? In such a hurry that you didn't have time for loot? Not many people have that packed of a schedule.

Xeni looks up at Joseph and leaves the question for Nick.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 12:51 AM
Nicholas shakes his head.

"Haven't seen him today. Saw that Halfling swashbuckler, Tom. Helped him save a fair maiden from a dragon this evening. As for the dragon and his loot, well, my mule was here at the stable. Can't really carry off a hoard without sacks and the like."

Warpfire
2007-05-26, 12:53 AM
Joseph is about to reply when a Dead Time Bullet takes him through the head.

Warpfire casually blows away the smoke from his Dead Time Flintlock Pistol, then shouts out, "Yarr!" and disappears.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 12:59 AM
Xeni nods slowly and takes a sip of the champagne. A brief moment of reminiscing goes by and he shifts his focus back to Nick.
Fair maidens being fed to dragons? Don't remember the last time I heard that.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 01:03 AM
Destro pops into existence. On the ceiling, no less. He sits on a nearby rafter and looks up at the floor. Hi there.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 01:06 AM
Tom finally makes it into the Tavern.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 01:09 AM
Xeni looks up at Destro and offers a cautious wave.
Hello...

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 01:10 AM
"Oddly enough it was happening in the middle of a playground," Nicholas responds before polishing off his glass. "Lots of kids there. And a big rock that was the entrance to the dragon's lair. Really strange that the Town would build a playground there."

Nick glances over at Tom and brightens.

"Ah! You made it! We still have plenty of the champagne left."

Destro will probably notice a pretty powerful necromatic power emanating from the playground int he playground.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 01:19 AM
Tom grins and gets a glass, sitting up on top of the bar.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 01:24 AM
Ooo, Necromantic energy... Destro waves back to Xeni as a random trout appears. Destro whispers something to the trout, which promptly stops being there.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 01:25 AM
Xeni finally tips the remaining champagne into his mouth and considers taking more, but realizes that he doesn't even know why they're drinking champagne in the first place.
Why are we drinking champagne again?

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 01:25 AM
Nicholas pours the wine into Tom's glass before setting the bottle back down. Then he looks at the ceiling.

"What about you Mister Trout Wizard? I don't suppose you would like to join us?"

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 01:27 AM
Because I'm a dashing and bold adventurer who just slew a dragon?
Tom grins cheekily.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 01:31 AM
Sure, why not? Destro holds out a glass. He's still upside down, of course. It's like he expects the wine to flow upwards into his glass when poured. Which, of course, it will.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 01:34 AM
"Tom pretty much summed it up," Nicholas responds before shrugging and pouring the Champaign, which, of course, flows up into Destro's glass.

"I didn't see much of the battle, though, since I was busy diffusing bombs."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 01:36 AM
Xeni shrugs, electing to go with it. There had been stranger things in Town...and in other locales believe it or not.
How did bombs get involved?

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 01:39 AM
Some madman set up bombs to threaten Town, and set a maiden out to be eaten by a dragon. Nick assisted me by defusing the bombs while I heroically slew the dragon.
The way Tom says it somehow doesn't belittle Nick, it just kinda courteously acknowledges him and then shunts Tom into the spotlight.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 01:43 AM
And why didn't you put them somewhere they could explode spectacularly in relative safety? Destro sips the champagne, which remains in the glass despite the protestations of gravity.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 01:43 AM
"It was pretty obvious he was sinister," Nicholas explains. "He had the handlebar mustache and everything."

He doesn't take offense at Tom taking the spotlight. He's actually pretty used to it from his years of adventuring. That's just what you get when CHA is one of your worst stats.

"Because I can't teleport things," Nick replies to the lich. "I'm not very magically inclined. If Tim were still around he probably could have done it."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 01:45 AM
Xeni nods and quietly allows them to continue to describe the event. He ponders the champagne a bit, too.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 01:47 AM
Which means I missed the explosions, of course. Destro sighs. I like explosions too... Anyways, tell me about this dragon. He grins.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 01:49 AM
The dragon was...
Was...
Wasszzzberrumblrumblersnerk.
Tom falls to sleep on the table.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 01:57 AM
Nick quirks an eyebrow at the sleeping Halfling.

"It was a red one. About the size of an elephant."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 02:01 AM
Ah. That's a rather big dragon then. Destro sips the champagne. Probably somewhat dangerous too. So... He looks around the tavern, as if trying to home in on something. Any reason for a large and rather fresh necromantic signature to spontaneously appear in town?

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 02:05 AM
Nicholas blinks, not really sure what to make of that question.

"Ummm... Joseph said there was a vampire in Town who like raising lots of people as zombies all at once. Would that make a 'large' necro...mantic signature appear?"

Renegade Paladin
2007-05-26, 02:06 AM
Erek Fletcher walked into Trog's for the first time. He was a flamboyantly dressed half-elf with shoulder-length blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. He carried a lute, and wore a rapier strapped to his belt.

Rather than approach anyone or going to the bar, he picked out a corner, tuned his lute, and, without much fanfare, began singing a beautiful air about a young maiden and her lost love to the accompaniment of his lute.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 02:07 AM
No, that would be loads of smaller ones plus one moderate one. Destro narrows his eyes and points in the general direction of the playground. It's over that way. He waved to the bard and continued glancing over towards the playground every so often.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 02:13 AM
Nick's general dislike of bards nags at him for a while before he finally manages to get it to shut it up. People deserve a chance. Even if they are a glory stealing ninny who hides behind everyone who does the actual work and sings about how great they should be.

And then takes all the credit and gets the kiss from the damsel in distress.

Smarmy bastards the lot of them.

"Eerr... I think the playground where we killed the dragon is that way. You don't think someone turned it into a zombie or something, do you?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 02:16 AM
That would do it for sure, but I can't tell much about it without more time. Or a closer look. Where is that trout? Destro glances over his shoulder again, still listening to the music.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 02:25 AM
Apparently Xeni had been grappling with a rather large dead time beast this entire time. He grumbles and rolls away, pulling out his bow. Incidentally, the moment he reaches for his bow, the beast's fist connects squarely with the side of Xeni's face. There's a nasty crack as his jaw is likely shattered and then the beast promptly grabs Xeni's head and introduces it to the floor at a high speed. After Xeni is thoroughly unconscious the beast grabs him and chucks him into its maw.

((out with a bang...))

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 02:27 AM
"The trout?" Nicholas asks. "The one that appeared and then disappeared?"

He watches the battle that ends with Xeni's incapacitation, but can't really do anything about it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 02:29 AM
Yes, that trout. Think something happened to it? Destro floats down off the ceiling, righting himself when he nears the floor.

Renegade Paladin
2007-05-26, 02:30 AM
Nick's general dislike of bards nags at him for a while before he finally manages to get it to shut it up. People deserve a chance. Even if they are a glory stealing ninny who hides behind everyone who does the actual work and sings about how great they should be.

And then takes all the credit and gets the kiss from the damsel in distress.

Smarmy bastards the lot of them.

"Eerr... I think the playground where we killed the dragon is that way. You don't think someone turned it into a zombie or something, do you?"
[Oh, if he only knew. :smallbiggrin:]

Erek finished the song and started into another one, this one part of the epic of the Crown Wars.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 02:33 AM
"I have no idea, but I think I'm going t go and sleep for a while," Nicholas then heads up to the second floor to do exactly that.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 02:37 AM
That's probably a good idea, assuming you need sleep. Destro waits for Erek to finish the song he's on before popping out of existence.

Renegade Paladin
2007-05-26, 02:39 AM
Erek had simply recited part of the account of one of the battles (the entire epic would take three days to finish), so Destro didn't have long to wait. After he finished, he decided to take a break and went to the bar to order an archon ale.

Who
2007-05-26, 05:36 AM
*Walks in followed by K9*
Morning all

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 06:29 AM
A winged Pirate comes in, noticing that people are staring at him he turns into a normal human. this just causes more people to look at him. He sighs and sits down at the bar.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 06:39 AM
Waddle Dee runs in, he looks around and sits down, soon after Kemros walks in, he sits down and Silvros orders a drink for him

can't you hurry and purify this sword so i don't hafta order your drinks...

Waddle dee begins to hum to himself

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 07:21 AM
The tranceforming man tries to grab the talking serpent.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 07:25 AM
Kem, a little help would be nice

Kemros draws his sword and suddenly appears infront of the transforming man with his sword inches away from his face

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 07:43 AM
*The man transforms into a black widow spider and attempts to bite the man*

Exachix
2007-05-26, 07:48 AM
The She-Wolf wakes and yawns.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 07:51 AM
Kemros watches as Silvros begins to chase the spider

why does everyone try to kill the talking, flying snake, at least i can try to eat this one

The Sentinel
2007-05-26, 08:02 AM
In one corner of the Tavern, the fabric of reality begins to tear and shift, a small whirlwind forming. It seems that Tenny BeMorton Plods is having a very heated argument with reality. The argument goes something like this:
Reality claims stubbornly that Mr. Plods does not exist and has never existed, and is therefore unable to exist in the Tavern.
Plods counter-claims that he, in fact, does exist, and that Reality should go soak his head in a bathtub.
After several childish insults have been exchanged from both parties, Reality grudgingly agrees and go off to soak his head, leaving Tenny free to appear in the room with a "POP".
There's a moment of confusion as he looks up and down the room, seemingly dismayed by the fact that the Universe is still nice and healthy, and has not been splattered like an insect on the windshield of a Nissan RogueTM. Some would patiently explain that that is not a normal reaction to finding that the Universe has not gone kablooey. Others would explain that Tenny BeMorton Plods is by no means a normal person.
With a muffled curse, Plods pulls his black and white striped hood over his eyes and begins walking to the bar, trying not to trip over the unrealistically long mustache that hangs from his lip. "I want a gin and tonic, bartender." He says in a hoarse voice.

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 08:15 AM
*The man transforms into a human and swings his sword at the dragon*

metakirb
2007-05-26, 08:18 AM
((what dragon?))

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 08:39 AM
((Serpent or what ever you are))

metakirb
2007-05-26, 08:44 AM
Silvros Flies back a bit as Kemros blocks the sword, then he swings at the mans wrists

Exachix
2007-05-26, 09:34 AM
The she-wolf just watches.

She yawns and trots over to Cosmo, but realises he won't give her food, so trots back over to the fire.. watching if someone drops food.

Soon however... she gets up and walks out.

Who
2007-05-26, 10:38 AM
*Walks in followed by K9*
Afternoon all

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 12:58 PM
Nicholas heads down stairs, feeling rather refreshed. Always nice to feel refreshed after a good night's sleep.

He glances over at the table where Tom the dashing swashbuckler is still snoozing and grins.

The marksmen takes a seat next to his new friend and shakes him slightly.

"Come on now, sleeping on a table at the tavern isn't very debonair."

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 01:50 PM
Kerra unfreezes from dead time along with Shadow. Shadow leaps into Kerra's arms and meows.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 02:03 PM
Seeing that Tom appears to be not only asleep, but also frozen in dead time, Nick shrugs and orders a late lunch for himself.

May as well make the best of his time.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 02:06 PM
Kerra puts Shadow on the floor. No way am I gonna carry you. I am not your personal vehicale! Shadow grumbles.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 03:36 PM
The dead time beast coughs Xeni up and walks out of the tavern.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 03:39 PM
Kerra doesn't notice Xeni or the beast as she is talking to Shadow.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 03:41 PM
Metakirb walks in and orders a drink, he notices waddle dee and goes over to talk

hey meta, you've been gone a while

stuck in the woods fighting a few kriken armies

find any good stuff while you did?

yep, here

He hands waddle dee various objects

Thanks Meta

No problem... that was tiring...

Metakirb falls asleep after finishing his drink

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 03:44 PM
Xeni groans and pulls himself into a sitting position. He tentatively touches his jaw and confirms the fact that is indeed broken.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 03:45 PM
Kerra hears the groan and spins around. She runs to Xeni's side and wonders how he got here and what happened.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 03:58 PM
Nicholas quirks an eyebrow at the greater doppelganger.

"You don't look so good, Xeni."

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 03:59 PM
I think he messed with something he shouldn't have and found himself with a broken jaw.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 04:01 PM
Metakirb wakes up and removes his Helm for the first time, He gives it to waddle Dee to keep safe, Waddle Dee runs out then metakirb realises it was probably a mistake but does nothing

Nightwing
2007-05-26, 04:05 PM
*The man grows wings and flies into the air*

"I'm sorry I attacked you, but the lizard is startled me"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:05 PM
Odd creature roughed me up a bit.
That wuold be a reference to the overly zealous dead time beast.

metakirb
2007-05-26, 04:06 PM
meh, it's okay, i just wish everyone wouldn't be startled by me, and i'm a snake, a lunar snake, which as you can see has wings, but a snake all the same

Kemros sheaths his sword and goes back to his drink

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:07 PM
Kerra frowns. I am surprised you can talk.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:10 PM
Xeni looks up at her and removes one of the vials she had given him a while back from a pocket.
I've learned how to talk without use of my jaw. RAther important for a person with my skills.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 04:11 PM
"I've probably got something that can help with that," Nicholas mumbles as he reaches into his cloak and extracts a small vial filled with an oily golden colored substance. "Here, drink this. It'll fix you up in a hurry."

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:14 PM
Kerra nods. Does it hurt?

Shadow walks over too see whats going on. So he has a broken muzzle or whatever humans call it. Don't get why it's important. She turns around and walks back to the table.

terranbloodrage
2007-05-26, 04:15 PM
Terran Appears next to Metakirb

Meta, Come with me now

metakirb
2007-05-26, 04:17 PM
Metakirb wakes up

huh, not now Terran, can't you get Serra to help, i've been fighting for five days straight and im just a bit tired

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:17 PM
Xeni shakes his head at Nick, wincing as this moves his jaw.
I got it.
And yes...it does hurt a bit. Or a lot.
He closes his eyes and carefully pulls his mouth open, dumping the contents of the vial from his pocket into his mouth.

wxdruid
2007-05-26, 04:18 PM
Gwen walks into the Tavern, she stops at the bar and orders a hot chocolate. Cosmo makes one up for her and she takes it over to a corner booth. She sits in the back and tucks her feet up under her skirt as she watches everyone else and sips her hot chocolate.

terranbloodrage
2007-05-26, 04:19 PM
The problem is with Serra, and i need you to help, it's you she's askin' to see so Come with me now!

metakirb
2007-05-26, 04:20 PM
Somethings wrong with Serra? Let's go.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 04:20 PM
Nicholas shrugs and pockets the vial before giving the winged snake an assessing glance.

"Huh... That's a weird coincidence..."

terranbloodrage
2007-05-26, 04:21 PM
Terran puts his arm on Metakirb's shoulder and the two vanish

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:22 PM
Kerra looks at the vial. You only need a few drops. That should be enough. Espacially scince it isn't very tasty. She shrugs and watches.

Therarde
Therarde wakes from dead time. He notices Nick and gives him a nod before ordering a drink.

metakirb
Silvros flies up to Nicholas

you mean me?

wxdruid
2007-05-26, 04:23 PM
Gwen sits and watches everyone and thinks about things.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:23 PM
Xeni shrugs as his jaw begins to realign itself.
Alls well....though I'd rather that had not happened in the first place.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:25 PM
How did you anger this beast you spoke of?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:27 PM
I"m...not really sure. I think it just wanted a meal.
Xeni would be partially correct in that regard.

wxdruid
2007-05-26, 04:29 PM
Gwen finishes her hot chocolate and decides this is pointless. She leaves.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:29 PM
Shadow walks over again and says in a snobbish voice, see? I knew it was nothing major.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:32 PM
Xeni raises an eyebrow and looks at Shadow.
I personally think trying to be eaten might be a little major, but I suppose you are entitled to your opinion.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 04:41 PM
Nicholas looks away from the flying snake thing, licking his lips uncomfortably.

"Oh... eerr... no, not you. Something else," he then finds himself conveniently distracted by Therarde. "How are you doing today? Haven't seen you moving in a while."

Therarde
2007-05-26, 04:44 PM
I'm fine. Nothing particularly interesting has happened recently. Although I did notice the universe is still intact. After this, the eagle flies out a nearby window.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:47 PM
Kerra frowns down at Shadow.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 04:48 PM
"Yeah, I was pretty pleased about that myself. I was hoping that Tom would wake up, we managed to kill off this red dragon over at the playground and didn't bother to pilfer any of his hoard due to the lack of stuff to carry it in," Nicholas finally finishes off his lunch from hours before. "I've got my mule ready to carry some sacks, a couple giant sized bags of holding I picked up. Barring that we could probably get a cart somewhere."

metakirb
2007-05-26, 04:49 PM
okay...

He flies back to Kemros and rests on his shoulder

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:51 PM
Xeni moves to place a hand on Kerra's shoulder and slowly stand.
Shadow is Shadow, justing voicing her opinion. Don't give her any anger.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 04:51 PM
Therarde raises an eyebrow. There's a playground here? And there's a dragon there? Therarde gives a look of utter "WTF???".

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 04:55 PM
A frown isn't anger.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 04:57 PM
I know, but it can incite anger. I'd rather have a more...happy day today. Havn't had one in awhile.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 05:05 PM
''Apparently so,'' Nick responds. ''I was pretty surprised myself to find a giant crag in the middle of the place. Even more to find a dragon living in it.''

((i'm posting from my Wii at the moment. Takes forever to type anythig.))

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 05:07 PM
Shadow curls up under a table and falls asleep. Kerra looks at her then nods.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 05:12 PM
((Ah the Wii...ever useful))

Xeni smiles and watches Shadow sleep for a moment.
She can be pleasant on occasion.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 05:14 PM
On occasion. She isn't really an angel when she is awake.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 05:16 PM
((*shrug* I just use my computer. Faster and I don't have a Wii anyway...))

Therarde nods. And you're also saying that you and Tom managed to kill a dragon. On Tom's part, I find that somewhat hard to believe.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 05:16 PM
No I suppose not. That job is left to others.
Xeni smiles and steals a glass of water from a passing waiter, slipiping a coin to him afterwards.

puss in boots
2007-05-26, 05:18 PM
Kerra's smiles at him. Then the smile freezes. She will be dead timed for the next couple of months. Along wit Shadow. It seems as though it is punishing them for some reason.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 05:21 PM
((I went outside to do some work and the computer had been yoinked. I'm back on it now >.>))

"Well, he did most of the hard work," Nicholas admits. "It looked like he got in quite a few exceptionally luck hits. I just shot the thing in the rump with a poisoned arrow, which took a pretty significant amount of fight out of it."

Nicholas leans back in his chair.

"I don't suppose would would want to give us a hand carting off all the piles and piles of gold? There's sure to be plenty to go around."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 05:21 PM
Xeni carefully removes his hand from her shoulder as the dead time comes. He enjoys Kerra's company, but would rather like to avoid dead time of that caliber. He sips his water and stares thoughtfully.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 05:23 PM
Therarde shrugs. As long as I don't get attacked by demons or giant undead abominations.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 05:35 PM
"I doubt we would have any trouble with that sort of thing," Nick responds incredulously. "It is a playground after all."

He then considers what he just said.

"But this is the Town. So I don't think I can really make any promises."

Nicholas then turns to Xeni.

"What about you? Up to the difficult job of picking up some treasure?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 05:39 PM
Xeni blinks and turns to face Nick.
I would be willing.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 05:50 PM
Therarde yawns. So now we wait for the halfling to wake.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 05:52 PM
"We could wait, or we could head out now. Could leave a note for him or something," Nicholas responds. "Though I don't think he would be quite as keen on this task since shoveling coins isn't particularly glorious."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 05:56 PM
Xeni nods and begins the rather short trip to their table.
Are you sure nothing lives?

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:00 PM
"Umm..." Nick isn't quite sure what to make of that question. "There are lots of kids since it's a playground and everything. The dragon was pretty soundly dead when Tom finished it off, so I don't think it will be giving us any trouble."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:03 PM
You're positive there are no monsters residing in the cave as well?
Xeni takes another sip of his water.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:04 PM
Nicholas considers this for a few moments.

"I really don't know. I only went in far enough to find the location of the dragon's loot. Didn't delve any deeper than that."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:06 PM
I see...then there is a chance we way still see combat.
Another thoughtful drink of the water.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:09 PM
"In which case I suppose it wouldn't hurt too much to wait," Nicholas responds with a sigh. "So, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself? All I know about you so far is the fact that your name is Xeni and that some demon's don't like your daughter."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 06:14 PM
A random ghostly undead trout swims through one of the tavern walls. It begins looking around the tavern for Destro, who isn't here right now.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:14 PM
Foster daughter.
I'm not human, I suppose I should get that part out of the way, if you wish to know me better.
A dropping of his usual form, back to greater doppleganger, occurs.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 06:19 PM
Tom wakes up with a snort.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 06:20 PM
Therarde raises an eyebrow at the trout, an even bigger one at Xeni, and some third, nonexistent one at Tom.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:23 PM
Nicholas blinks at the sudden change in form. Apparently he's never seen a doppelganger, greater or otherwise, before.

"Ah... well... so... what are you exactly?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:25 PM
I am a greater doppleganger. A changer of form and others of my kind know themselves as thieves of minds and memories.
He takes a seat and to prove a point, begins to change his form into Nick's.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 06:27 PM
Therarde begins watching Xeni, both confused and curious at once.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 06:27 PM
The ghost trout pokes its head behind the bar. It swims away when it discovers there isn't anyone there but Cosmo. Has anyone seen a wizard in a black robe recently? It doesn't direct this question at anyone in particular.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 06:29 PM
Tom tilts his head at Xeni, then notices something.
His hat is gone.
He puts a hand on his head to check, then bolts up to his feet.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:34 PM
"ummm... that's neat I suppose," Nicholas responds, not quite sure what to say. Due to his attention being focused on Xeni he misses the fish's question entirely.

The marksmen hen notices the frantic actions of the dashing Halfling.

"What's wrong?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:35 PM
Xeni smiles and allows his form to take his usual, human form. He turns to watch the halfing, noting the missing hat, but not identifying that as the cause of the franticness.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 06:41 PM
I don't have a hat! My hat got torched!
He looks horror struck.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 06:43 PM
Xeni slowly quirks an eyebrow and his player dashes off for a quick meal.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 06:45 PM
The trout sighs and begins looking in the rafters. It finds a lot of dust. Also a grue.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:45 PM
Nick tilts his head to the side a bit, registering that Tom is indeed missing his hat.

"Well... I'm sure we would be able to get a new one. We were just talking about collecting as much of the dragon's hoard as we can. I'm sure there would be more than enough there to buy a hat with."

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 06:48 PM
Yes yes, I'm sure there would be.
He dismisses it.
I'll go collect the money... later. I need a hat!
He scampers out the door.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 06:54 PM
"I'll tag along with him. Enjoy your... dead time," Nicholas sighs before following Tom outside.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 06:55 PM
Destro appears with a pop and sinks into a chair. 'Lo everyone. He looks mildly upset about something. The trout notices him and hurries over.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 06:55 PM
Therarde watches them leave and sips his drink.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 07:10 PM
Huh. That so? Weird. Destro gets a drink and laughs to himself. What isn't weird around here? The trout, its task completed, fades away.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 07:12 PM
Destro will probably still notice that the sizable signature of undeath is still present, though it wasn't where it was before.

Rather, it's elsewhere at the moment. Rebonack hasn't decided where elsewhere should be yet, however.

Nick returns to Trog's having actually lost Tom's trail. He really isn't sure how that happened.

"Hello again Fish Wizard," Nick comments upon spotting Destro.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 07:14 PM
Therarde turns to Nick. Fish wizard? I probably shouldn't ask, but Fish Wizard?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 07:17 PM
Xeni frowns and looks around at the slight scene change.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 07:24 PM
Hi Nick. How've you been? Destro grins and looks over at Therarde. Yep.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 07:25 PM
Tom comes in, adjusting a new hat on his head.
He has a spare hat, a coat, a cloak, three tunics and two pairs of pants as well.
Apparently the halfling adventurer likes to shop.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 07:27 PM
Xeni watches Tom, faintly amused.
Find what you wanted then?

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 07:34 PM
Nicholas stifles a chuckle when he spots Tom with all of his new gear.

"Alright then. We've got a dragon's den full of loot that may or may not have other unpleasant creatures lurking about in it. Who wants to go pilfer some treasure?"

Therarde
2007-05-26, 07:35 PM
Therarde glances at Tom and turns to Destro. Alright. I really shouldn't ask, but...what caused you to become a "Fish Wizard"?

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 07:38 PM
I'll go! ... after I put this away.
He races upstairs.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 07:41 PM
Xeni shakes his head slightly at Tom.
Amusing little fellow. Anyway, I'm ready for some treasure I suppose.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 07:42 PM
Er, well, I decided I liked trout, really. That's all there is too it. See? A number of trout appear, swimming in circles around Destro's head. My actual field is Necromancy, but trout are just fun.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 07:43 PM
I see... Therarde seems both confused and unnerved at the Nectroumancer. He turns to Nick and the others. I suppose I'm ready.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 07:45 PM
"Well then," Nicholas begins with a grin. "As soon as our debonair swashbuckler returns we can head over to the playground and see what we can't find."

He's somewhat concerned to hear about yet another necromancer. Hopefully not like that... Osreganrd...? Bah, whatever his name was.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 07:48 PM
Destro shrugs. I may as well go. I don't need any more treasure though. I've got plenty, thanks.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 07:55 PM
Tom hops back down from the stairs, grinning widely.
Now we can begin!

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 08:00 PM
Nick stands up and strikes the best heroic pose he can. One hand is on his hip, the other on the hilt of one of his sabers while one foot rests on his chair. Just for added effect his swishes his cloak. It really isn't that great, but you can at least give him credit for trying.

"Very well then, my intrepid friends. Onward!" he draws his saber and points it at the door. "To adventure!"

And then he gets hit with dead time while Rebonack eats dinner.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 08:01 PM
Xeni smiles and stands up.
To adventure.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 08:03 PM
For trout! Destro strikes a heroic pose of his own. It mostly involves flame, the hood he's wearing, and looking extraordinarily badass. The trout do ruin the effect somewhat though.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 08:06 PM
To adventure. In a playground. Therarde stands and looks at the deadtimed Nick before noticing the badass-looking Destro. Not wanting to be outdone, his player throws the special effects budget out the window. He gives Therarde a flaming sword, lighting in the background, a awesome wind, and a heavy metal theme song. However, this only lasts a couple of seconds.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 08:12 PM
Xeni chuckles and shakes his head again. He moves to the door and holds it open.
How about a little less talk and a bit more action, hm?

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-26, 08:16 PM
Sure. Destro heads out the door and walks towards the playground. The time it takes him to get there is directly proportional to the time it takes his player to eat.

Therarde
2007-05-26, 08:18 PM
Therarde walks out and heads for the playground. He has no idea where it is, but he is a ranger after all.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 08:20 PM
Xeni watches Nick and figures he'll make it on his own. Xeni then leaves.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 08:36 PM
Nicholas finally snaps out of dead time and notices that everyone has already left.

He sighs and hurries out the door, grabbing his mule from the stables on his way.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-26, 10:33 PM
Eìdaro walks in to the Tavern, looks around, and finds a seat at a nearby table.
'Stopyal bak estabev libip zdorogyep?' (('Couldn't they get a little light in here?')) he mutters to himself.

He motions for a server and orders a coffee. He drinks the coffee, goes up to the bartender.

'Do you have any rooms available for an indefinite stay length?'

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 10:34 PM
The bartender nods and motions to the stairs.
"We have a few."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 10:37 PM
Anomie ((The Masked Man's True name)) approaches the the Bar.
"Hey, barkeep, hook me up with something strong. Today, I'm out for blood and don't want to be sober."

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-26, 10:39 PM
'I'll take one.'

He pays, and goes upstairs, entering his room. He sits on the bed, removes his sword and places it by the bedside, locks the door, and falls asleep instantly.

((Gotta go to bed, would have had a longer conversation))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 10:46 PM
The bartender, who apparently Debunny just acquired significant control of, slides a DLB to Anomie.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 10:51 PM
"Cheerio, mate," He puts the glass to his porcelain mask, and downs it. Despite the fact that the mask lacks Eye or Mouth holes, he seems to get along fine.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 10:54 PM
The bartender nods and begins to do...bartendery things. Like cleaning glasses.

A generic NPC sits next to Anomie.
"Hiya."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 10:59 PM
"'ello," Anomie takes his sword from the sheath, it's seems too small of a dagger for such a sheath. On it is engraved a Mouse. He twirls it in his fingers playfully, but with an unmoving painted face, it's hard to read his intentions.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:00 PM
The NPC smiles cheerfully.
"That's a very nice dagger."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:12 PM
"It can do a lot more."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:14 PM
"I would be very happy to hear what it could do..."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:21 PM
He twirls the bde, as he does so, the Mouse starts to shape into a Reed, and grows to about Three Feet long, the the dagger does too. It becomes very flexible as well.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:22 PM
The NPC proceeds to let his mouth hang open, utterly awed.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:30 PM
"O! It does more," Anomie Swings the Swords Around, the Reeds now reform into a life-size Girl, presumably nude ((Don't ogle, it's an engraving)), About a Foot and a half wide and six feet long, the sword is about as big as Anomie himself.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:31 PM
The NPC's mouth widens a bit more.
"Oooooh."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:32 PM
"And it's Razor Sharp, you want to see?"

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:36 PM
There is a siren in the distance.
"Wheeeeeeeeeoooowwwwwww...."
It comes closer.
"WHHHHHEEeeeeeeooooooooWWWWW"
And closer.
"WHEEEEEOOOOOEEEEEEWWWW!"
Then stops. Flashing lights are seen on the other side of Trog's door.
A man enters, holding a gun and a book. He is wearing a white police uniform, and his hat has a lowercase and uppercase 'a' on it.
FREEZE!
He points his gun at Anomie.
By the authority of the capitalization police, you are under arrest!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:39 PM
"You have to take me first," *Anomie swings his sword at the officer, at last minute, the lady turns into a twenty foot snake, and the sword changes with it. *

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:41 PM
The NPC backs away, wary of any fight a PC is in.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:41 PM
He's resisting arrest! What should I-
The policeman doesn't get much further before getting cleaved in half.
My life that I had before two seconds ago!
He dies messily, as people who have been cleaved in half tend to do.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:44 PM
"Was that all?" The Smile of Anomie's mask remains unchanged, but given the new spray of blood across it, looks more sinister than ever..

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:45 PM
The NPC 'eeks' and turns to flee, but runs into aRizzen. Who raises an eyebrow and looks at Anomie.
Having fun?

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 11:46 PM
"Hey!" yells an out of continuity Nicholas upon spotting the transformation. "The whole turning into a twenty foot long snake is my shtick!"

"It's true," Rebonack confirms, ramming one pixilated fist into a pixilated palm. "I already had Maph'tey's hobby get pilfered by someone else. I'm not about to let my new character get his uniqueness yanked out from under him."

The cobalt knight draws his sword, a blade so sharp as to be only one pixel thick.

"Have at thee, knave!"

He then lunges forward, thrusting his weapon at Anomie in a series of electronic bloops.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-26, 11:47 PM
"Lady, Protect me," He moves fast, in a flash, the naked chick is back and in the way of the assault.

Warpfire
2007-05-26, 11:48 PM
"Pfft, like you're the first one with a character that turns into a snake." Warpfire777, who looks a lot like Nathaniel but isn't, shakes his head at Rebonack's foolishness.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-26, 11:49 PM
aRizzen watches passively, curious, but not planning on getting involved yet.

Rebonack
2007-05-26, 11:56 PM
The naked chick probably gets herself skewered by Rebonack's blade since she decided to throw herself in front of the pointy end.

"Hey now, I don't doubt that other people have done this sort of thing before," oocNicholas admits. "But it specifically had to be twenty feet long? Besides which, I'm pretty certain that I was the only currently active character with such a trait. I suppose I can live with it so long as they don't turn into a paragon half-celestial twenty foot large viper of legend..."

Rebonack, however, isn't dissuaded by this.

"You hide behind a woman? You caitiff! Face me if you have any honor!"

Warpfire
2007-05-26, 11:59 PM
Warpfire appears and turns into a paragon half-celestial twenty foot large viper of legend.

Warpfire777 snickers.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-27, 12:00 AM
aRizzen frowns and gently places a small plant in front of him. Look like a small sapling with a few vines wrapping around it.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-27, 12:01 AM
((The Naked chick is the Engraving on the Sword. The build was first used in a fight against Anti-Rex in Amen, twenty-foot snake, Naked Chick, and many other forms of the sword were explored.))

With an immense strength, he goes to shrug off the assault.

Rebonack
2007-05-27, 12:07 AM
oocNick shakes his fist at Warpfire before poofing away since he isn't actually there.

Rebonack takes a step back, his gauntlets sliding into his empty armor. From the now empty arms rushes forth a blizzard of pixilated blades flashing white, green, red, and blue.

Warpfire
2007-05-27, 12:09 AM
Warpfire and his player of the 777 variety disappear.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-27, 12:09 AM
aRizzen carefully rubs a hand along the tree and the vines begin to crawl onto the table.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-27, 12:10 AM
"Man, some people are just too grumpy." He continues to hold the sword as a barrier against the spell.

Rebonack
2007-05-27, 12:20 AM
Rebonack finally stops his barrage of dagger blades and huffs.

"Well fine. If you want to be that way about it."

The pixilated blades lying in a heap around the swordsmen pop apart and reassemble as an army of goombas. The killer funguses begin to bite at poor fellow's shins.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-27, 12:21 AM
It is at this point that the vines fly out from the plant and attempt to ensnare Rebonack.
Now there's quite enough of that.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-27, 12:26 AM
" If you take out the ground," He, despite having such a large blade, jumps up into the air and goes for a hard slice on top of Rebonak. "I'll go for Air". Upon landing, he flips towards a wall.

Rebonack
2007-05-27, 12:32 AM
Rebonack simply side-steps the horribly horribly broadcast sword stroke.

Several of the goombas pop apart, sacrificing their pixels to supply the others with wings. The para-goombas begin to swarm toward the swordsman once more, tusk filled maws spread wide.

And then he gets ensnared by... vines apparently.

"Oh come on now, that's hardly fair," the cobalt knight bursts in a shower of blue and white pixels, popping back together some distance away. "If you want to fight then wait your turn."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-27, 12:36 AM
I wish you to stop your childish bickering. Take it out in a game of chess or something.
The vines continue to seek Rebonack, though a few more appear to grab at Anomie.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-05-27, 12:41 AM
Anomie does a backflip off the wall, coming back with the sword swing, suddenly, before it hits you, it turns into a 4-foot long, 1 inch wide katana. and switches direction. *Clang*

They had rushed trough the door, there were two of them, twin samurai, now they are are holding Anome at bay.

"My time's up." Bouncing back through a wall. In the cloud of dust, he disappears.

"Lost him again, sis."
"Don't worry, we'll get him next time."

Rebonack
2007-05-27, 12:49 AM
"Hmmmm..." Rebonack hmms. "That made relatively little sense."

He then explodes in a shower of little colored squares. Which in turn explode into more pixels. This continues ad infinitum until Rebonack is completely gone.

The para-goombas begin to terrorize any NPCs who don't realize they can just stomp on the things.

Warpfire
2007-05-27, 12:54 AM
Mario appears and starts attempting to stomp on all the goombas.

"It's a-me, Mario!" He informs everyone, in an utterly ridiculous Italian accent.

Rebonack
2007-05-27, 12:55 AM
The poor fungus monsters get smashed.

They really don't ever put up much of a fight.