PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Who DnD

Aleolus
2015-10-10, 06:51 PM
OK, I just read a post about creating the Weeping Angels in D&D, and I had already been wondering this, so here we go. I would like to see all my fellow Whoovians on this forum stat up the various iconic beings from the series, from Daleks to Cybermen, Zygons to The Silence, and everything in between. Make the tweaks needed to both their story and their abilities so they would fit in a generic DnD world, but they must still be recognizable as the shows creatures.

Bonus points for people who stat up iconic people, like Madam Vastra, Straxx, Eldrath, and Davros!

Sapreaver
2015-10-10, 07:13 PM
Well Cybermen could be a modified warforged.

The creation forges transforms one humanoid in to a cyberman

Spell ability on hitting with the Cyberman s slam attack fortsave or be affected by virus that transforms victim in to cyberman over like 20d6 rounds

All Cybermen share skill ranks with all other cybermen in x feet
All Cybermen can see and hear what everyother cyberman can in x ft

Aleolus
2015-10-10, 07:18 PM
Why not just say Cybermen have a Hivemind? Since Im pretty sure they do

Telonius
2015-10-10, 11:06 PM
We recently had a thread about Daleks (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?440247-D20-Daleks)). My suggestion was to use Larval Flayers from Complete Psionic to model the Daleks themselves; their armor would probably be what you're really after. Some other good thoughts there as well.

The Doctor Who universe probably isn't going to be all that conducive to standard D&D; something like Call of Cthulhu would probably match it better. Even extraordinary humans have to have Plot Armor (i.e. be a friend of the Doctor) to stand a chance an even chance of surviving an encounter with any of the enemies he faces. You'd have to play it up as a Horror campaign for it to make sense, if you're playing as anything other than one of the main good guys.

P.F.
2015-10-11, 01:52 AM
One might have some luck trying to crowbar D&D into something resembling Torchwood d20 though.

Debihuman
2015-10-11, 12:08 PM
already statted up a weeping angel. See my signature (my creations) or link here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=6009139&postcount=1
Debby