PDA

View Full Version : Mundane support classes?

magicalmagicman
2015-10-11, 05:01 AM
I'm looking for classes with minimal magic that is purely support.

All I could find is diplomacy for fanatic state for morale buffs.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-10-11, 05:10 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is the marshal from the mini's handbook.

Platymus Pus
2015-10-11, 05:59 AM
Bard or ranger both are rather mundane:wink:

Dread_Head
2015-10-11, 06:35 AM
A Crusader focusing on Devoted Spirit and White Raven is decent support. I guess a Warblade focusing on White Raven would work as well. Possibly multiclassing with Marshal for the auras. You could do the classic Bardsader build of Bard 4 / Crusader X with song of the white raven which gives good manoeuvres, skills and inspire courage. If you don't want spells at all then go Divine Bard and have a Wisdom of <10 or Bardic Sage with Int <10.

Alistaroc
2015-10-11, 11:14 AM
Bard 4/Crusader 3/Heartfire Fanner 5/Seeker of the Song 2/Crusader 6

Full Dragonfire Inspiration, and Heartfire Fanner adds a ton of awesome support abilities too.

Ruethgar
2015-10-11, 11:29 AM
As mentioned, White Raven/Devoted Spirit is probably the best mundane support. Bard is most definitely magical so need not apply.

On the low end you have the Commander fighter who can aid other at a 60ft range and with improved aid other from OA you can get +6 on that bonus(since the circ and untyped stack). It is very low tier support but it is nice. They can also do a rallying speech for more moral boosts and have a bit of focus on diplomacy so combos well with a marshal dip and diplomancy for the fanatic effect.

Also there is the moral stuff in Heroes of Battle I believe, haven't looked into it much but may want to have a gander.

Of course if all official content is available, Ravenloft is great for casting Ex spells for support.