PDA

View Full Version : Outsiders, Cavemen!

ekarney
2015-10-11, 08:28 AM
No no no, I'm not adding the outsider type to Frostburn :P

What are the playgrounds favourite Outsider-type monsters/creatures/things?

And also What material is available for caveme related shenanigans, 1st party. 3rd party, homebrew it's all good, I'm just curious is all.

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-11, 08:45 AM
When you say caveman-related shenanigans, do you mean pre-historic type settings? Stone age campaigns?

Inevitability
2015-10-11, 10:30 AM
My favorite outsiders are aasimar and tieflings, I think. The idea of a distant extraplanar ancestor is always interesting, and I think the races themselves are on a nice power level (well, with LA buyoff).

If the cavemen stuff allows for shamans, just play a 20th-level druid. It's not quite tier 0, but hey, you're still a shapeshifting spellcasting engine of doom.

ekarney
2015-10-11, 10:39 AM
When you say caveman-related shenanigans, do you mean pre-historic type settings? Stone age campaigns?

Yeah I do, it's quite late so I may have misworded, but yeah stone-age/pre-stone age/early humanity.

Curmudgeon
2015-10-11, 10:51 AM
My favorite outsider is the Dust Para-Genasi, from Dragon # 297. (The article there (pages 62-66) has a bunch of additional Planetouched races.) Good stats for a Rogue (+4 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CON, -2 CHA), and it's Breathless (i.e., doesn't breathe and thus is immune to inhaled poisons).

Suichimo
2015-10-11, 11:11 AM
Azer. They're Dwarves. ON FIRE. Fiery Dwarves. Anything more that needs to be said?

They are literally my Reese's Cup.