PDA

View Full Version : The other kind of tattoo

frost890
2015-10-11, 02:29 PM
So I was looking for something like the monk tattoo from the forgotten realms book of magic. I enhances the monk traits as if you were higher level. Are there any similar tattoo's that you know about? Something like better smiting or that allow you give a smite to another character? Maybe give you resistances to mind control magic or prevent poly-morph?

BWR
2015-10-11, 02:37 PM
You mean like the Tattooed Monk (ise zumi/kikage zumi/tsurai zumi) from L5R, converted to d20 in OA, updated to 3.5 in Complete Divine, and with more tattoos in several L5R dual-system splats?

Vhaidara
2015-10-11, 03:00 PM
You mean like the Tattooed Monk (ise zumi/kikage zumi/tsurai zumi) from L5R, converted to d20 in OA, updated to 3.5 in Complete Divine Warrior, and with more tattoos in several L5R dual-system splats?

FTFY. And I think he's asking about tattoos for classes other than monk, since he mentioned smiting.

No, Paladins may not get bonuses from tattoos. Tattoos are the tools of Satan and may only be used by the infidels.

ILM
2015-10-11, 04:31 PM
Well there's always the Create Magic Tattoo spell in SC. Or the Runescarred Berserker, although those aren't really tattoos...

Necroticplague
2015-10-11, 04:45 PM
Psionic tattoos are basically the psionic equivalent of potions. They have cool animated versions that can crawl off of you and deliver themselves. They also have complicated versions that basically let you make little circuits out of them for such things as slowly self-charging ones, ones that act as tiny cognizance crystals. I also remember reading about tattooed holy symbols (because nothing quite says devotion like permanent body modding).

Red Fel
2015-10-11, 05:13 PM
What about Dragonmarks? Can we count Dragonmarks? Because those are a thing. A thing for everybody!