PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. Website Up!

Shadic
2007-05-22, 09:07 AM
Can't believe nobody has posted this yet. The site went up at least 3-4 hours ago, when I woke up in the middle of the night and checked..

Here is the site, check out all of the stories! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html)

I love the new damage/HUD, they've got.

Krytha
2007-05-22, 09:59 AM
Nobody posted it because... there's nothing to post about. Whoopee this is how you play the game...

Jibar
2007-05-22, 10:24 AM
Well... the site has been up for a while. They just updated it recently, which is why it's news.

Shadic
2007-05-22, 10:50 AM
Nobody posted it because... there's nothing to post about. Whoopee this is how you play the game...

Well, they took down the website... So technically they brought back the videos, we've got new screenshots, we get to see a HUGE list of who is composing music for the game, and we get to hear the Battlefield Theme, as well.

TheSorrow
2007-05-22, 11:12 AM
cool, This game is going to be awesome with Wi-Fi Support

Shadic
2007-05-22, 05:41 PM
Best of all.. The website itself says that they're going to have updates every weekday!

Expect a bunch of information, regardless of the fact that we'll know a bunch right off the bat... Should be interesting when we start getting into... Maybe some new characters?

Krytha
2007-05-22, 05:51 PM
Best of all.. The website itself says that they're going to have updates every weekday!

Expect a bunch of information, regardless of the fact that we'll know a bunch right off the bat... Should be interesting when we start getting into... Maybe some new characters?

ha ha ha! Oh that would be great! ... which is why we're not going to get it.

Shadic
2007-05-22, 06:57 PM
ha ha ha! Oh that would be great! ... which is why we're not going to get it.

In the very least, we should get more information on the newer characters. Not much has been shown of Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, or Pit, and the site is the perfect place to give a simple moveset.

Shadic
2007-05-24, 08:54 AM
Double-Post, but the site got some tasty NEW information; The Gooey Bomb.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item01/item01_070524b.jpg

To quote from the website:

"The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo.
It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents."

Brilliant.

Jibar
2007-05-24, 09:11 AM
In the very least, we should get more information on the newer characters. Not much has been shown of Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, or Pit, and the site is the perfect place to give a simple moveset.

Actually, before they took it down they had information for all them up.
This new revamp is basically so they can tease us all over again.

Dr._Weird
2007-05-24, 09:33 AM
Double-Post, but the site got some tasty NEW information; The Gooey Bomb.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item01/item01_070524b.jpg

To quote from the website:

"The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo.
It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents."

Brilliant.

Brilliant! They've stolen the plasma grenade from Halo!

Suzaku
2007-05-24, 10:27 AM
and halo stole from sticky bombs in WWII your point?

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-24, 10:27 AM
Brilliant! They've stolen the plasma grenade from Halo!

Right, because Bungie's dev team were the first people to think of sticky grenades ever. EDIT: Dang it, Suzaku. D:

Dr._Weird
2007-05-24, 10:28 AM
My point is that they did not invent it. It was not all that brilliant.

EDIT: Simu. The point stands, and Halo is probably the most popular example of it, thus most likely the inspiration.

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-24, 10:35 AM
My point is that they did not invent it. It was not all that brilliant.

EDIT: Simu. The point stands, and Halo is probably the most popular example of it, thus most likely the inspiration.

Your accusing HAL of theft when Bungie did the exact same thing shows double standards, which you supported by trivializing Bungie's theft. Quit being a tool.

Dr._Weird
2007-05-24, 10:54 AM
Geez, it's not a formal accusation. I don't care about either of the intellectual thefts- I care about it being hailed as HALs invention. Can we all calm down and get back to the topic at hand?

Also, flaming, however trivial, is frowned on here.

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-05-24, 11:04 AM
Primary difference between this and Halo's grenade is that this is more like a 'tag' grenade, as you can apparently pass it off to others.

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-24, 11:10 AM
Huh. That reminds me of the games of bomb-omb catch me and my friends would play. I never won.

As a side note, I spent twenty seconds trying to pronounce your screenname.

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-05-24, 11:31 AM
Huh. That reminds me of the games of bomb-omb catch me and my friends would play. I never won.

As a side note, I spent twenty seconds trying to pronounce your screenname.

Ry-shan In-rith. The y is a relic of ages past.

So you played bomb-catch too? That was always amusing. Link and young link were the best for that sort of thing-shields keep you from being annihilated if you're too slow.

Dr._Weird
2007-05-24, 11:32 AM
Primary difference between this and Halo's grenade is that this is more like a 'tag' grenade, as you can apparently pass it off to others.

Wow, really? Awesome. I didn't know that.

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-05-24, 11:36 AM
However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!

From the website. Sounds like a fairly risky weapon, particularly if your foe is faster than you are.

Shadic
2007-05-25, 02:36 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070525b-l.jpg

Pit information is out now!

Dang, he really looks cool! You can control his arrow trajectory, too!

Dihan
2007-05-25, 09:25 AM
Heheh Pit moults...

Shadic
2007-05-28, 04:14 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070528a-l.jpg

Pit has a red bowstring now, apparently. The site update didn't really give too much information, but we've got some nice screenshots in this update.

Sephiroth
2007-06-02, 04:27 AM
PIT sucks we want metaknight ^^

kpenguin
2007-06-02, 04:58 AM
Some of the latest entries look promising. The final smash thing doesn't look too unbalanced (you can only use it once and with a smash token thingy). The freedom to move while shooting and Delfino Plaza look interesting as well.

Icewalker
2007-06-02, 12:21 PM
Woo!

Basically, this game is one of the two reasons I got a Wii. The second being Metroid Prime 3. This is definitely about to be one of/the best multiplayer game ever.

Sephiroth
2007-06-03, 12:56 PM
metaknight FTW

Dragor
2007-06-03, 01:19 PM
Personally not all that excited about Meta Knight- I just think he's going to be a 'hit and run' style character- run up fast, give them a few swishes of the sword, and dash away. Not my kind of style. (I play as Marth most of the time- he's usually in a fight for the long run.)

kpenguin
2007-06-06, 12:20 PM
Return of the Yoshi! The most recent music is stunningly awesome for any Yoshi-lover. Also, poke balls return for the third installment with Groudon! Hopefully Kyogre will be added as well. My brother thinks that a certain cosmic pokemon will replace Mewtwo on the playable character roster.

Hungry Kobold
2007-06-09, 07:13 PM
I want more interesting character info. They need to just put up all the "Veteran" info up (how much are they going to change, anyway?) and continue leaking the newcomer stuff. I am kinda glad they got Pit out of the way first, that'll free up the other updates for characters I've heard of and/or care anything about (Metaknight looks fun).

kpenguin
2007-06-11, 05:57 PM
Last Friday's update told us something very special: FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS OF CONFIGURATION. We have

-Wiimote Sideways
-Wiimote+Nunchuck
-Classic Controller
-GCN Controller

I have 3 out of four of these configurations and am eager to see which one is best once SSBB comes out. Also, Fox info is up.

Shadic
2007-06-29, 10:44 PM
There have been a lot more updates now.

We've got Zelda confirmed, new Wario moves, names are actually more useful now, as you can customize your controls, and save them to your name.

kpenguin
2007-07-02, 02:00 AM
Tonight's update was pretty interesting. The Assist Trophy thing seems a bit similar to a pokeball though. Not that I'm complaining!

tgva8889
2007-07-02, 02:30 AM
I think they're separate because, well, there's about 490 pokemon now, and it would probably be hard for them to fit in an extra 200 or so characters into the Assist Trophies.

The thing that I can't wait to see is the complete stage list. That, I think, will be the most interesting thing. Oh, and how exactly we get to Zero Suit Samus, since I missed that on the old site.

Ranis
2007-07-02, 08:49 AM
Tonight's update was pretty interesting. The Assist Trophy thing seems a bit similar to a pokeball though. Not that I'm complaining!

It's going to be easily hackable, they're probably going to be just other characters mapped to the PC-it's essentially going to give hackers an easy-win due to the simple fact that most of the Assist Trophies are invincible. Sigh.

Krytha
2007-07-02, 12:03 PM
Hackers? What? Anyway, they finally gave us something interesting! Yay!

kpenguin
2007-07-03, 02:29 AM
Bowser's back! Wonder what they mean by a different flavor, though? Maybe they mean that Bowser won't be coming with a ladle-full of suck attached.

Thormag
2007-07-04, 06:34 PM
I just love the Ocarina of Time Medley. I'm really looking forward to this game!

kpenguin
2007-07-05, 08:17 AM
The wiimote control set-up looks interesting. Smash through a combination of buttons? Perhaps more combos will give us different moves.

BrokenButterfly
2007-07-05, 09:34 AM
I can't wait to play as realistic Sheik, oh wait, I mean Zelda...:smallwink:

I also think that the Ocarina medley sounds fantastic, can't wait to see some of those new stages in action, particularly the Lylat Cruise level which looks stunning.

Shadic
2007-07-10, 03:01 AM
Dr. Wright makes his appearance as an Assist Trophy. This game is really stretching out for characters.

Maybe all the trophies from Smash Bros. Melee will be assist trophies? Would that be hoping too much?

kpenguin
2007-07-10, 03:23 AM
Maybe. I'd love to see Tom Nook as an assist trophy or playable character just for the hilarity that would ensue.

Sephiroth
2007-07-14, 06:44 PM
GIGA BOWSER *eye grows big* me want it now

kpenguin
2007-07-14, 08:11 PM
Well, the game comes out in December, so that's still a moderately long wait. At least we get an Animal Crossing stage. I love how it changes day and night depending on the system clock and we get K.K during battle! This kind of dashes my hopes of having a Tom Nook character, though.

Gaelbert
2007-07-14, 09:57 PM
Now I know that I have to get a Wii. Also, Sephiroth, I just watched that entire animation in your sig. I love it.:smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2007-07-18, 02:00 AM
It seems we now know how to get from Samus to Zero-Suit Samus: her final smash. Apparently the cost of such a large blast is destroying the armor.

Krytha
2007-07-18, 12:25 PM
Im not fond of that transformation requirement. Hopefully there are other ways to play as ZSS.

Sephiroth
2007-07-19, 10:12 AM
dude i hope hyper beam is one of them kill move like the bullet bill ect and at the same time the casters can't hid in it beam (like on SSBM with chazirid ect)

kpenguin
2007-07-20, 02:24 AM
What does the new update mean? It looks like some sort of opening animation, but the captions are weird.

Jibar
2007-07-20, 02:26 AM
It means that after the hints dropped in Melee via Master Hand, Crazy Hand and the opening, Brawl is going to deliver plot.
Plot which seems to place Meta-Knight in charge.

Take a look at Game Modes. This segment is found under ???.

Sephiroth
2007-07-20, 04:56 AM
Well metaknight is or have his code of houner so i think GREAT metaknight wins \M/

Penguinizer
2007-07-20, 05:45 AM
I demand that Cap Falcon is in this game. I can not live withou my Falcon Paauuunch!

TheOtherMC
2007-07-20, 09:41 AM
I demand that Cap Falcon is in this game. I can not live withou my Falcon Paauuunch!

I SECOND THAT MOTION. Its just not the same without mid-air raptor driving someone in the face!

Sephiroth
2007-07-21, 06:06 AM
he is i think if ganon is then he is
OR ganon have his move list change then NO idea
i hope ganon have his PHATANTON gannon

kpenguin
2007-07-21, 11:07 PM
Ganon? Probably not. Ganondorf? Most definately. If Mario gets Bowser, then link gets Ganondorf. Hopefully with sword included and not a Cap. Falcon clone.

Krytha
2007-07-21, 11:11 PM
Captain Falcon is the clone! Ganondorf is burly and stout as an oak tree!

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-22, 07:04 AM
Captain Falcon is the clone! Ganondorf is burly and stout as an oak tree!

And Captain Falcon's moveset was devised in the first game, which Ganondorf wasn't in. :smallwink:

Krytha
2007-07-22, 09:31 AM
And Captain Falcon's moveset was devised in the first game, which Ganondorf wasn't in. :smallwink:

And Ganondorf punched captain falcon so hard that he ceased to exist anywhere in the space-time continuum. :nosmallwink:

kpenguin
2007-07-24, 02:55 AM
This might seem odd, but...

WOOOOOO! YOSHI'S BACK!

Shadic
2007-08-06, 02:34 AM
Ike has been announced, too. And the big Single Player update was amazing!

kpenguin
2007-08-07, 02:15 AM
Ike's specials look pretty cool. Not being a Fire Emblem player, I don't know how much they are alike to the original.

Dihan
2007-08-07, 03:18 AM
I can't remember him having a move like Eruption...

tgva8889
2007-08-07, 05:00 AM
Ike's an interesting character. His Up B seems a lot like Kirby's, except lacking the range.

And the Adventure Mode update looks insanely awesome.

Atheist_Cleric
2007-08-07, 05:53 AM
I loved the first two, and now brawl is looking more and more awesome with each site update. I like the look of Ike, I was a Marth player in melee. But what im really hoping for is the Metaknight update, I love kirby games/characters and a character that is basically Kirby in armor, with a wings-cape and sword is cool in so many ways.

kpenguin
2007-08-09, 02:13 AM
Pit's Final Smash looks interesting. I wonder if any other characters summon help for their final smash.

Maryring
2007-08-14, 02:34 PM
Oh you gotta be kidding me.

No way, there's no way... is it?

Yes... it is true.

It is... the POKEMON TRAINER. You can now play as a pokemon trainer in the game. It's true. Look, and be amazed.

At least I can hope that when you change costume, you at least also change the trainer...

kpenguin
2007-08-14, 10:00 PM
I doubt it. It seems that the trainer is a traditional Red/Blue/Green guy.