PDA

View Full Version : Vermin-shaping druid.

Theodred theOld
2015-10-11, 05:28 PM
A character of mine (Druid 12) was recently granted the ability to wildshape into vermin. So far I see no real defensive or offensive powerhouse so at this point it would seem that I'm looking for cool (ex) abilities to make use of. Of all the MM1 vermin I think the scorpion may be the best option with con damage and a few interesting combat maneuvers and the great old master neogi from MM2 (?) seems promising for producing piles of minions on the cheap but what else might be out there? Any thoughts from the playground? All official WotC material is ok.

eggynack
2015-10-11, 05:34 PM
There's not much I've seen, and the interesting one you mentioned, the neogi, was actually updated to aberration in lords of madness. I kinda like the giant ant lion from sandstorm, but that's mostly cause its abilities are relatively unique rather than because they're particularly good. Not an especially useful type for wild shape.

Theodred theOld
2015-10-11, 05:38 PM
Not an especially useful type for wild shape.
So it would seem. The ability was a "gift" so at least it didn't cost anything. And too bad about the neogi thing. I was looking forward to pulling out that stunt.

eggynack
2015-10-11, 05:47 PM
So it would seem. The ability was a "gift" so at least it didn't cost anything. And too bad about the neogi thing. I was looking forward to pulling out that stunt.
Well, at least plants are presumably still a thing. Plants are like what vermin wish they could be, in terms of weird abilities. Best source for those tends to be the fiend folio. Actually, on the topic of the fiend folio, while it's not available yet, the bonespear isn't the worst form out there. Good AC, fast healing, and a relatively unique set of abilities makes for a decent vermin. I do always appreciate the rare wild shape form that can act at range.