PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Emerald Spire: Converting the Bone Priest to a psionic monster

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-11, 06:07 PM
I am working on a conversion of the Emerald Spire module to use only psionics. So far it's been sort of easy, but I'm running into a problem with the Bone Priest.

What is the best way to convert this monster to a psionic foe?

Psyren
2015-10-12, 02:58 AM
Monster stats in the modules are OGL, so you may want to post what it can do (in a spoiler) so that the folks who can help but don't have that AP can offer suggestions.

Judging just by the name it sounds like some kind of negative energy using cleric so I would recommend a Soulthief or Sadist Vitalist, but again, can't really help more without specifics.

Novawurmson
2015-10-12, 03:02 AM
There are plenty of psionic undead in the psionic bestiary. Even just basic information like CR would help us help you :smallsmile:

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-12, 10:53 AM
The Bone Priest is a CR 4 Undead that casts spells like a 3rd level Cleric with the Madness Domain.

It seems like it should be a template, but it only shows the creature. I'm not sure which features of it are Cleric features and which are just the monster.

I can post it's full stats, but it's going to take some writing since I don't have the book as a pdf.

Can I just remove it's spells and replace them with Vitalist Powers known and PP? That would make the conversion super easy.

Psyren
2015-10-12, 11:22 AM
Never mind, I found it! (http://archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Bone%20Priest) (I think :smallsmile:)

Yeah it seems like replacing its casting with some Vitalist powers would be the way to go? It seems pretty generic. Maybe give it the first three abilities from the Life Leech Vitalist instead of the Madness domain?

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-12, 11:33 AM
Never mind, I found it! (http://archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Bone%20Priest) (I think :smallsmile:)

Yeah it seems like replacing its casting with some Vitalist powers would be the way to go? It seems pretty generic. Maybe give it the first three abilities from the Life Leech Vitalist instead of the Madness domain?

That seems like the best solution.

Thanks for taking the effort!