PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing Tales of Urban and Wilderness Adventures!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-11, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the most civilized and proper wasteland adventure for the discerning gentleperson of taste and class.

It is upon your esteemed character to make all dice rolls in private, and report the results. It is preposterous and insulting to ones honor to assume that one will cheat on such trifles. It is recommended to use a dice rolling app, available in magic shops such as Google Play to expedite the process.

Firearms of Peleus

Firearms are not their own category, they are simple or martial.

REPEATING weapons have no loading property, however, they always take one action or move to refill. In general, repeating firearms have less damage and/or accuracy than single shot ones, but can benefit from multiple attacks.

The RECOIL property is the minimum str score to use, without disadvantage.

One handed Simple weapons

(Name. Damage. Range. Special)

Derringer.*d4. 10-30. loading. Advantage to conceal.*

Flintlock. d6. 30-120. Single or double barreled. Loading. Only a REAL pirate would use a flintlock. Any other gun is for sissies.

Two handed simple

Chassepot*d8. 80/320. Loading. A sturdy but unremarkable peasant rifle.

Carbine*d6. 60/240. 5 shot internal magazine. 1 action/move to refill. A small caliber, easy to use repeater.

One handed Martial Weapons

Dueling Pistol. Single shot, of fine make. High range and accuracy. D6 or d8*. 80/320. Loading. *Large caliber: recoil 14

Revolver. d6. 40/160. 6 shots. 1 action./move to refill

Minotaur. d8. 30/120. Recoil 14. 4 shots. 1 action/move to refill.

Two handed Martial

Bolt Action*d10. 100/400. (150/500 if scoped). A favorite of snipers and big game hunters. Packs a powerful punch and accurate at long ranges. Loading.

Repeater d8. 50/200. 5 round magazine. 1 action/move to refill.

Hand Cannon. 2d6. 20/60. Recoil 16. Loading. Negate 1 point of armor. Critical hit= strength save or knock back 10 feet and prone.*

Shotguns (two handed Martial)

Shotgun damage is dependent on the ammo used. Furthermore, their shot patterns differ. One attack roll and one damage roll is applied against all valid targets. All shotguns have Loading and heavy.

Shot types

Bird shot. 1 hit point of damage to up to 3 targets in a 15x60 column or 3 hp point to 1 target point blank (within 5 feet). Used for hunting or rats.

Buck shot*1d4 damage to up to 3 targets in a 30 foot cone or 1d10 to one target if point blank (within 5 feet). Recoil 12

Orc shot*1d6 up to 3 targets in a 20 foot cone. 2d6 point blank. Recoil 14. For very big rats.*

Solid Slug*Light slug d8. Medium slug d10/recoil 12. Heavy slug d12/recoil 14. No shot pattern. Range 40/120*

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-11, 07:50 PM
A newspaper:

Last Friday, the Blackhoods incited a riot and destroyed a theater. Their feared leader, Hannah One-hand, was there herself! A government airship appeared to apprehend her, but was apparently sabotaged and destroyed, crashing down right on the street.

The.Blackhoods are a dangerous rebel group to be avoided at all costs.

More and more people are succumbing to a strange illness, which strikes the recipient with a bloodthirsty and frightening mania, causing atrocities of unspeakably violent horror. The University and Police are working as hard as.they can.

There are rumors of some individuals acting under the sway of mind control, mostly confined to the edges of the city, close to the walls.

The mysterious child kidnapper known as "The Snatcher" appears to once again be on the prowl, after a decade of inactivity.

The ingenious residents of Tintown, in the slums, have created their own mass water purifier. An anonymous government official claims: "the Iron City's water supply is already 100% safe to drink. There's no reason for.anyone to need a homemade purifier, which will likely have the effect of inadvertently poisoning our excellent water."

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-11, 07:52 PM
Chinwe: an impulsive young druid from a far away land.

Heimdall: an old but formidable gunslinger, who lives for vengeance.

Hannah One-Hand: Cunning leader of left wing revolutionaries, the Blackhoods.

Isaac Hayes: Enigmatic and ambitious secret police lieutenant, who can be both friend and foe.

Guy Threepwood: Former secret police as assistant to Isaac Hayes, recently defected to the Blackhoods.

Edgar Reese: Once human, military experiments have made him a tragic monster.

The Underlord: A ruthless yet surprisingly reasonable crime boss.

Cynric Creighton: a charismatic and resourceful criminal, who has ruined many lives.

Sir Raleigh Winston: world renowned Portologist (portal magic), scholar, and researcher.

Lilowudil: the mute, ancient street druid of unclear motivations.

Master Ogden: a once great alchemist, now living in mediocrity.

Kyras: the up and coming young half elf, living by his wits.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-11, 07:56 PM
Sidequest for the character Kyras. Reply in a spoiler.

You're sitting at a rickety card table at the Saucy Wench Saloon in the red light district playing three dragon ante with two half orcs and a dragonborn, who appears not to realize the irony.

Chinwe, the young druid you rescued, is all over the place and getting into everything as 11 year old boys do. You have what you guess is likely a losing hand at this time. Actually its a terrible hand.

Your fast hands ability lets you use a cunning action to access some fake cards you may or may not have up your sleeve. However, your opponents are looking right at you. Its your impression that they take you for a "pretty lad" and thus underestimate you, which is good. You can try to cheat, or try your luck and throw down what you have (you bet 2g this hand) or try something else.

A tacky serving wench struts nearby, offering a tray of drinks- all bosom and attitude, adipose tissue straining against a too tight corset.

Chinwe is looking right at you, and he's standing behind your opponents. He has played cards with you before, and you two have worked out a rudimentary system of subtle sign language...

DM7581
2015-10-11, 11:15 PM
Sidequest for the character Kyras. Reply in a spoiler.

You're sitting at a rickety card table at the Saucy Wench Saloon in the red light district playing three dragon ante with two half orcs and a dragonborn, who appears not to realize the irony.

Chinwe, the young druid you rescued, is all over the place and getting into everything as 11 year old boys do. You have what you guess is likely a losing hand at this time. Actually its a terrible hand.

Your fast hands ability lets you use a cunning action to access some fake cards you may or may not have up your sleeve. However, your opponents are looking right at you. Its your impression that they take you for a "pretty lad" and thus underestimate you, which is good. You can try to cheat, or try your luck and throw down what you have (you bet 2g this hand) or try something else.

A tacky serving wench struts nearby, offering a tray of drinks- all bosom and attitude, adipose tissue straining against a too tight corset.

Chinwe is looking right at you, and he's standing behind your opponents. He has played cards with you before, and you two have worked out a rudimentary system of subtle sign language...

Kyras thinks to himself...

Feels like forever since I've had a few buffoons to feed me for the week. Wait, am I down to my last 2 coin?

Of course, I have my lucky silver. That I never gamble, but I definitely can't lose this hand.

Putting the cards down for a second, I call over the wench.

T'is a fine night lads, a round of ales for the lot of us. Chinwe, what say you? Join us for a drink? Ha!

Obviously, I try to read what Chinwe would express on my opponents hand. I assume they know we are together and that they don't suspect anything of him. If not, I'll go for the good 'ol ace up my sleeve (or whatever comes out).

If I can, I call out to Chinwe as if trying to stop him from doing something juvenile as a distraction.

Sleight of Hand: 9+5=14

Kyras
Half-Elf Rogue (Thief)
Criminal (Burglar; 6, 2, 6, 5)
Align: CN
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 11 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 14 (+2) Sanity 12 (+1)
HD: 3d8
HP: 24/24
AC: 15
Hero: 5
Speed: 30
Initiative: +3
Languages: Marthane Vernacular, Elvish, Alleyspeak
Saves: Str +1, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +2, Wis +0, Cha +2, Sanity +1
Skills: Acrobatics +5, Athletics +3, Deception +4, Insight +2, Investigation +2, Perception +2, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Three-Dragon Ante
Features:
-Darkvision 60'
-Fey Ancenstry (advantage on saves against being charmed, magic can't put to sleep)
-Expertise
-Sneak Attack (+2d6)
-Thieves' Cant
-Cunning Action (Bonus Action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide)
-Roguish Archetype: Thief
-Fast Hands (use Cunning Action to disarm trap, open lock, or Use and Object action)
-Second Story Work (climbing does not cost extra movement, add Dex modifier in feet to running jump)
Weapons:
-Rapier (+5, 1d8+3 P)
-3 Daggers (+5, 1d4+3 P)
Armor:
-Studded Leather
Equipment:
-Dungeoneer's Pack
-Thieves' Tools
-Crowbar
-Dark common clothes with hood
-Lucky coin (old, scratched up silver piece)
Treasure:
CP: 10
SP: 9
EP:
GP: 1
PP:

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 04:13 AM
Kyras thinks to himself...

Feels like forever since I've had a few buffoons to feed me for the week. Wait, am I down to my last 2 coin?

Of course, I have my lucky silver. That I never gamble, but I definitely can't lose this hand.

Putting the cards down for a second, I call over the wench.

T'is a fine night lads, a round of ales for the lot of us. Chinwe, what say you? Join us for a drink? Ha!

Obviously, I try to read what Chinwe would express on my opponents hand. I assume they know we are together and that they don't suspect anything of him. If not, I'll go for the good 'ol ace up my sleeve (or whatever comes out).

If I can, I call out to Chinwe as if trying to stop him from doing something juvenile as a distraction.

Sleight of Hand: 9+5=14

Kyras
Half-Elf Rogue (Thief)
Criminal (Burglar; 6, 2, 6, 5)
Align: CN
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 11 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 14 (+2) Sanity 12 (+1)
HD: 3d8
HP: 24/24
AC: 15
Hero: 5
Speed: 30
Initiative: +3
Languages: Marthane Vernacular, Elvish, Alleyspeak
Saves: Str +1, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +2, Wis +0, Cha +2, Sanity +1
Skills: Acrobatics +5, Athletics +3, Deception +4, Insight +2, Investigation +2, Perception +2, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Three-Dragon Ante
Features:
-Darkvision 60'
-Fey Ancenstry (advantage on saves against being charmed, magic can't put to sleep)
-Expertise
-Sneak Attack (+2d6)
-Thieves' Cant
-Cunning Action (Bonus Action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide)
-Roguish Archetype: Thief
-Fast Hands (use Cunning Action to disarm trap, open lock, or Use and Object action)
-Second Story Work (climbing does not cost extra movement, add Dex modifier in feet to running jump)
Weapons:
-Rapier (+5, 1d8+3 P)
-3 Daggers (+5, 1d4+3 P)
Armor:
-Studded Leather
Equipment:
-Dungeoneer's Pack
-Thieves' Tools
-Crowbar
-Dark common clothes with hood
-Lucky coin (old, scratched up silver piece)
Treasure:
CP: 10
SP: 9
EP:
GP: 1
PP:

OK, the wench comes over, flirting loudly.

Chinwe gives you a look indicating that the half orc to your left has a strong hand.

In 3 dragon Ante, you can shore up a bad hand by upping the ante by and drawing more cards. If you do that, everyone else can draw new cards after you, starting with the player on your left (who currently has the strongest hand).

Your opponents are momentarily distracted and now is your chance. Chinwe is taking cue and coming over to flirt with the wench, to the amusement of your opponents. Knowing you're usually broke, he hands you a gp as his back is turned to you.

-You can use your sleight of hand on the deck at the table to manipulate it as part of drawing new cards (but you'll have to up the ante at least another gold).

- Or, switch out cards from a hidden sleeve deck which you may or may not have.

- You can combine the two (draw hidden cards as you reach for the new deck and manipulate it).

- Or attempt to try something else.

DM7581
2015-10-12, 08:48 AM
OK, the wench comes over, flirting loudly.

Chinwe gives you a look indicating that the half orc to your left has a strong hand.

In 3 dragon Ante, you can shore up a bad hand by upping the ante by and drawing more cards. If you do that, everyone else can draw new cards after you, starting with the player on your left (who currently has the strongest hand).

Your opponents are momentarily distracted and now is your chance. Chinwe is taking cue and coming over to flirt with the wench, to the amusement of your opponents. Knowing you're usually broke, he hands you a gp as his back is turned to you.

-You can use your sleight of hand on the deck at the table to manipulate it as part of drawing new cards (but you'll have to up the ante at least another gold).

- Or, switch out cards from a hidden sleeve deck which you may or may not have.

- You can combine the two (draw hidden cards as you reach for the new deck and manipulate it).

- Or attempt to try something else.

I will use Slight of Hand to manipulate the draw, flinging the extra coin on the table, smirking to myself as I sit up, exuding a bit excitement and confidence.

The gods of chance smile upon me tonight fellas. Ante up!

Deception: 7+4=11

Not getting those good rolls in... Yet!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 10:23 AM
I will use Slight of Hand to manipulate the draw, flinging the extra coin on the table, smirking to myself as I sit up, exuding a bit excitement and confidence.

The gods of chance smile upon me tonight fellas. Ante up!

Deception: 7+4=11

Not getting those good rolls in... Yet!

You manipulate the deck, drawing better cards and leaving bad cards on top. The half orc to your left draws your sabotaged cards, and you can see his expression go sour. You almost feel sorry for him. Or not. The other two never had a great hand to start with.

No need for the deception roll.

You rake in the pot with a smug grin. 12 gold.

The dragon born looks mildly quizzical, but not quite caught on to you. The two half orcs are oblivious for now. Furthermore, you now have inspiration.

They start with a 5 gold ante now. Continue or withdraw?

DM7581
2015-10-12, 11:31 AM
You manipulate the deck, drawing better cards and leaving bad cards on top. The half orc to your left draws your sabotaged cards, and you can see his expression go sour. You almost feel sorry for him. Or not. The other two never had a great hand to start with.

No need for the deception roll.

You rake in the pot with a smug grin. 12 gold.

The dragon born looks mildly quizzical, but not quite caught on to you. The two half orcs are oblivious for now. Furthermore, you now have inspiration.

They start with a 5 gold ante now. Continue or withdraw?

12 gold is quite a fetch. I think I'll rake in my rewards. I do drop a coin to cover the ale and tip (1 should be enough I think), that way they see a little goodness coming out of me.

Like, I said, friends, luck shines upon me tonight. Enjoy your drinks. Chinwe! Must I keep an eye on you at all times? Excuse me gents.

Catching up with Chinwe...

So what else is there to do tonight?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 12:19 PM
12 gold is quite a fetch. I think I'll rake in my rewards. I do drop a coin to cover the ale and tip (1 should be enough I think), that way they see a little goodness coming out of me.

Like, I said, friends, luck shines upon me tonight. Enjoy your drinks. Chinwe! Must I keep an eye on you at all times? Excuse me gents.

Catching up with Chinwe...

So what else is there to do tonight?

In these parts, its considered bad form to cut and run so soon, especially after a big win.

Before you stood up, when you were gathering your coins, they say:

"The night is young, merry lad. Us be finding your company highly in agreement to our disposition, us kindly be requestin the opportunity to fairly win back some of our well earned currencies."

Have a seat."

Hands reach under the table or into coats. The bar becomes tense and quiet as everyone instinctively becomes aware of impending entertainment. People back away.

Chinwe watches you, brow damp with nervousness. Though he is tense and frightened, you know the boy is deceptively capable. Out of the corner of your eye you see him widen his stance and rise up on the balls of his feet a little, ready to move. He waits to follow your lead.

These guys aren't smart, but they look decently tough, as are most slum dwellers.

Action?

By the way, you're in Sector 1. There is zero police presence, total anarchy. So you're on your own. The good news is, so are they. Its usually wise to asess any gang affiliation, which you can easily do as a rogue (you don't think that they are, which is good).

DM7581
2015-10-12, 01:02 PM
In these parts, its considered bad form to cut and run so soon, especially after a big win.

Before you stood up, when you were gathering your coins, they say:

"The night is young, merry lad. Us be finding your company highly in agreement to our disposition, us kindly be requestin the opportunity to fairly win back some of our well earned currencies."

Have a seat."

Hands reach under the table or into coats. The bar becomes tense and quiet as everyone instinctively becomes aware of impending entertainment. People back away.

Chinwe watches you, brow damp with nervousness. Though he is tense and frightened, you know the boy is deceptively capable. Out of the corner of your eye you see him widen his stance and rise up on the balls of his feet a little, ready to move. He waits to follow your lead.

These guys aren't smart, but they look decently tough, as are most slum dwellers.

Action?

By the way, you're in Sector 1. There is zero police presence, total anarchy. So you're on your own. The good news is, so are they. Its usually wise to asess any gang affiliation, which you can easily do as a rogue (you don't think that they are, which is good).

I won't let the nervous air in the tavern affect my demeanor.

Of course friends. One more hand. I do have this little one to look out for. As you may or may not know, he is a savage of sorts and does get into his fair share of trouble.

I wink at Chinwe and take a seat. At the same time I scope the area for any suspicious eyes or affiliations. I try to express with my eyes for Chinwe to be ready to hit the door at a moment's notice.

Deal 'em!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 01:26 PM
I won't let the nervous air in the tavern affect my demeanor.

Of course friends. One more hand. I do have this little one to look out for. As you may or may not know, he is a savage of sorts and does get into his fair share of trouble.

I wink at Chinwe and take a seat. At the same time I scope the area for any suspicious eyes or affiliations. I try to express with my eyes for Chinwe to be ready to hit the door at a moment's notice.

Deal 'em!

You can roll perception if you want, but you don't notice any other hostile eyes.

You win the next round. Add 15g. You didn't even cheat and now feel on fire. Money has been tight. Play another? Good.

The round after that, you get another ****ty hand. Stakes have gone up now and there's 6 of your gold in the pot (24 g total). They're kind of getting tense, not fully suspicious yet but close, and now holding their cards close to their chest. Chinwe can't get a good look.

You can up the ante and bluff (deception).

Up the ante and draw (with or without sleight of hand)

Sleight of hand from your sleeve cards.

Signal to.Chinwe to try something bolder.

Or a reasonable combination of these, or something else.

You have inspiration.

DM7581
2015-10-12, 01:48 PM
You can roll perception if you want, but you don't notice any other hostile eyes.

You win the next round. Add 15g. You didn't even cheat and now feel on fire. Money has been tight. Play another? Good.

The round after that, you get another ****ty hand. Stakes have gone up now and there's 6 of your gold in the pot (24 g total). They're kind of getting tense, not fully suspicious yet but close, and now holding their cards close to their chest. Chinwe can't get a good look.

You can up the ante and bluff (deception).

Up the ante and draw (with or without sleight of hand)

Sleight of hand from your sleeve cards.

Signal to.Chinwe to try something bolder.

Or a reasonable combination of these, or something else.

You have inspiration.

Whenever I win a hand, I make sure that I seem relieved, as if just being lucky. I also hold my cards close, and look over my shoulder as if suspicious of them.

Perception: 1+2=3. Sucks.

I will up the ante with Sleight of Hand here and draw, using my Inspiration for advantage:

Sleight of Hand: 14/13+5=19

Getting intense gentlemen... Let the luckiest man win!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 02:07 PM
Whenever I win a hand, I make sure that I seem relieved, as if just being lucky. I also hold my cards close, and look over my shoulder as if suspicious of them.

Perception: 1+2=3. Sucks.

I will up the ante with Sleight of Hand here and draw, using my Inspiration for advantage:

Sleight of Hand: 14/13+5=18

Getting intense gentlemen... Let the luckiest man win!

I rolled a deception for you. You played it off well, seeming to be just lucky and naive, and diverting suspicion.

You once again manipulate the deck, and draw. But for some reason, the wrong cards came out and you have a losing hand. You're not quite sure why, but you lost.

The orc to your right wins, and stuffs the money quickly into a pouch.

"Well, gentlegoons," he says. "It was tremendously pleasantificating to engage in games of chance with such distinguished personages. I take my leave."

Just as he gets up you notice that he too had a deck up his sleeve (I rolled perc for you). The bastard did the same thing you did. You wonder why you didn't see him, then remembered your little performance. It must have been in that split second when you glanced over your shoulder.

Chinwe didn't seem to notice, but he's watching you alertly, anticipating some typical skullduggery from you at times like this.

Action?

DM7581
2015-10-12, 02:20 PM
I rolled a deception for you. You played it off well, seeming to be just lucky and naive, and diverting suspicion.

You once again manipulate the deck, and draw. But for some reason, the wrong cards came out and you have a losing hand. You're not quite sure why, but you lost.

The orc to your right wins, and stuffs the money quickly into a pouch.

"Well, gentlegoons," he says. "It was tremendously pleasantificating to engage in games of chance with such distinguished personages. I take my leave."

Just as he gets up you notice that he too had a deck up his sleeve (I rolled perc for you). The bastard did the same thing you did. You wonder why you didn't see him, then remembered your little performance. It must have been in that split second when you glanced over your shoulder.

Chinwe didn't seem to notice, but he's watching you alertly, anticipating some typical skullduggery from you at times like this.

Action?

Not so fast, sir!

I grab at his sleeve to reveal the cheat.

Grab: 11+5=16

Gentlemen (aligning with the others at the table), it seems that this one takes us a couple of fools and defiles such a pure game of chance with trickery! What should we do with him?

I make sure to watch Chinwe, in case he sees something I don't.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 02:29 PM
Not so fast, sir!

I grab at his sleeve to reveal the cheat.

Grab: 11+5=16

Gentlemen (aligning with the others at the table), it seems that this one takes us a couple of fools and defiles such a pure game of chance with trickery! What should we do with him?

I make sure to watch Chinwe, in case he sees something I don't.

Ok. Ill say you effectively surprised him and therefore were able to expose his sleeve. However, Roll initiative.

Cheater 18
Chinwe=3
Dragonborn 17
Orc 20

DM7581
2015-10-12, 02:37 PM
Ok. Ill say you effectively surprised him and therefore were able to expose his sleeve. However, Roll initiative.

Kyras 16+3=19
Cheater 18
Chinwe=3
Dragonborn 17
Orc 20

Got him here! But, is this an every man for himself brawl or are we teaming up against the cheater? I guess I'll find out.

Chinwe, looks like we have a cheat on our hands! You know what we do we when a cheater gets caught!

If I can, I want to use my action to snatch his purse. Then my Cunning Action to Disengage through the crowd and out of there. I draw my rapier, just in case.

Snatch purse: 4+5=9

If I am unsuccessful, hopefully Chinwe can grab the coin purse. How much did I make in total? I started with 2 GP. I'd hate to cut and run without a decent profit here.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 02:50 PM
Got him here! But, is this an every man for himself brawl or are we teaming up against the cheater? I guess I'll find out.

Chinwe, looks like we have a cheat on our hands! You know what we do we when a cheater gets caught!

If I can, I want to use my action to snatch his purse. Then my Cunning Action to Disengage through the crowd and out of there. I draw my rapier, just in case.

Snatch purse: 4+5=9

If I am unsuccessful, hopefully Chinwe can grab the coin purse. How much did I make in total? I started with 2 GP. I'd hate to cut and run without a decent profit here.

You made 27 gp. There is at least 24 gp in the pouch.
I didn't see in PHB about.snatching a held object, unless I'm missing a rule, Id say its a contested roll between your sleight of hand or athletics (whichever is higher) vs his.

OK, you snatch his purse.

He pulls out a short sword and misses you.

The other two guys now see you holding the gold, and around here, mind is always on money.

Dragonborn breathes fire on you, you tuck and roll, and are just singed for 4 dmg.

The other orc snatches at the purse, but you deftly avoid him.

A random gentleman in a dirty suit and tattered bowler hat also takes a dive at the purse and fails.

Chinwe quickly shuffles to his left (your right) and expertly aims his spell. A vivid green glow emanates from his eyes and mouth as a gale force wind blasts through the bar, sending the cheater with the short sword, as well as bottles and.several other patrons flying back 15 feet, overturning tables and completely wrecking the bar.

"Get that witch boy out of here!" Someone yells.

The dragonborn and other orc managed to keep their footing.
They got lucky w rolls.

As the cheater orc flies past you, you badly injure him for 6 w your opportunity attack as he left your space.

Basic visual: If the bar is a clock. The door is 6, you're in the middle, the cheater is 15 feet away at 10 O clock, dragonborn is 10 feet away at 12, and the other orc is at 2 oclock right next to you. Chinwe 3 O clock and the bowler hatted gentleman is right next to you at 7 or 8 O clock.

Chinwe maintains the spell, attempting to create a bufgering column of air between you and the gamblers.

You're up.

Ketiara
2015-10-12, 04:31 PM
Somewhere to the side, a seemingly drunk person has been watching the entire spectacle carefully, pondering when to join the game, when all was spoiled by the halfelf

DM7581
2015-10-12, 04:32 PM
You made 27 gp. There is at least 24 gp in the pouch.
I didn't see in PHB about.snatching a held object, unless I'm missing a rule, Id say its a contested roll between your sleight of hand or athletics (whichever is higher) vs his.

OK, you snatch his purse.

He pulls out a short sword and misses you.

The other two guys now see you holding the gold, and around here, mind is always on money.

Dragonborn breathes fire on you, you tuck and roll, and are just singed for 4 dmg.

The other orc snatches at the purse, but you deftly avoid him.

A random gentleman in a dirty suit and tattered bowler hat also takes a dive at the purse and fails.

Chinwe quickly shuffles to his left (your right) and expertly aims his spell. A vivid green glow emanates from his eyes and mouth as a gale force wind blasts through the bar, sending the cheater with the short sword, as well as bottles and.several other patrons flying back 15 feet, overturning tables and completely wrecking the bar.

"Get that witch boy out of here!" Someone yells.

The dragonborn and other orc managed to keep their footing.
They got lucky w rolls.

As the cheater orc flies past you, you badly injure him for 6 w your opportunity attack as he left your space.

Basic visual: If the bar is a clock. The door is 6, you're in the middle, the cheater is 15 feet away at 10 O clock, dragonborn is 10 feet away at 12, and the other orc is at 2 oclock right next to you. Chinwe 3 O clock and the bowler hatted gentleman is right next to you at 7 or 8 O clock.

Chinwe maintains the spell, attempting to create a bufgering column of air between you and the gamblers.

You're up.

That's my que.

Been fun, ladies, but I have places to be. Chinwe, enough with the hocus pocus! Time to go!

Disengage (grab/guide Chinwe if I can), followed by Dash from Cunning action. That's a good 60 feet covered.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 05:10 PM
That's my que.

Been fun, ladies, but I have places to be. Chinwe, enough with the hocus pocus! Time to go!

Disengage (grab/guide Chinwe if I can), followed by Dash from Cunning action. That's a good 60 feet covered.

Chinwe weighs a good 60 pounds or so. You could certainly carry him with 12 strength but you wont be very fast. Furthermore, he is way down in the initiative order, so even if you carry him and run off, enemies will get shots in.

Want to modify your action?

Lol Peter

DM7581
2015-10-12, 10:06 PM
Chinwe weighs a good 60 pounds or so. You could certainly carry him with 12 strength but you wont be very fast. Furthermore, he is way down in the initiative order, so even if you carry him and run off, enemies will get shots in.

Want to modify your action?

Lol Peter

Nah, he's quick. I'm sure he can catch up. I look out for him outside the tavern. I hide when I have a chance.

Stealth: 13+5=18

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 10:46 PM
Nah, he's quick. I'm sure he can catch up. I look out for him outside the tavern. I hide when I have a chance.

Stealth: 13+5=18

Daaaaaamn, its like that? He's 11 years old. You're cold as ice. You hid well inside an empty planter about 7 feet off the ground, attached to the porch of an empty storefront, long since looted, which is facing the saloon.

The other orc (who wasnt cheating) and dragonborn burst outside and look around. They didn't see you yet but they start searching. They ask around, but around here, people usually find it safer to play blind deaf and dumb.

Fighting is still going on inside. You hear a ruckus, then a shotgun blast and Chinwe screaming in pain. And innocent child whose entire village was slaughtered before his eyes. I hope you feel good about yourself.

From your hiding spot, you see a bleeding black panther burst out of the batwing doors and take off down the street headed northeast, surprising the 2 who are looking for you.

"What the- was that a ****ing PANTHER?!"

"Yep."

"Was there a panther in the saloon?"

"Nope."

"Huh. Never a dull moment..."

The orc walks right under you and peers inside the broken window below, scanning the empty store for you.

Action?

Post normally, this is your solo thread now. Ill just make a new one for the group.

DM7581
2015-10-13, 02:36 PM
Do we need a different thread? We can all just keep in character, no?

Chinwe? What's taking so long? Is that you?

I assume that I know that he can wild shape by now.

I'll keep an eye to see where the panther darts off to. If these 2 take too long looking for me, I'll take the surprise to sneak attack them.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-13, 02:42 PM
Yes you know its Chinwe.

When I first joined your thread as Dr Nimm I felt very lost and confused. I don't.want new ppl facing a wall.of text.

Chinwe took.off Northeast, probably headed back to your hideout up the road a bit.

The one guy is below you, the dragonborn is in the street. A few other excited patrons are emerging, eager to see more blood and perhaps be the lucky ones to snatch the purse. However, you have one turn to act before the crowd emerges (this is all happening within a few seconds).

You're in a long planter kind of laying down. A few feet above you is a terrace with a cast iron wrap around balcony. Here in the red light district, its very busy, there's street after street of packed cat houses and saloons.

You're on the seedier edges.however, and its darker, more desperate, and emptier...less witnesses roaming the streets, just how you like it.

A few streets down the neighborhood starts to get very rough and dangerous. The architecture is very much like the french quarter in New Orleans. If you look.on your map, you're on the western.edge of the Red light district in sector 1.

Action?

DM7581
2015-10-13, 04:52 PM
Yes you know its Chinwe.

When I first joined your thread as Dr Nimm I felt very lost and confused. I don't.want new ppl facing a wall.of text.

Chinwe took.off Northeast, probably headed back to your hideout up the road a bit.

The one guy is below you, the dragonborn is in the street. A few other excited patrons are emerging, eager to see more blood and perhaps be the lucky ones to snatch the purse. However, you have one turn to act before the crowd emerges (this is all happening within a few seconds).

You're in a long planter kind of laying down. A few feet above you is a terrace with a cast iron wrap around balcony. Here in the red light district, its very busy, there's street after street of packed cat houses and saloons.

You're on the seedier edges.however, and its darker, more desperate, and emptier...less witnesses roaming the streets, just how you like it.

A few streets down the neighborhood starts to get very rough and dangerous. The architecture is very much like the french quarter in New Orleans. If you look.on your map, you're on the western.edge of the Red light district in sector 1.

Action?

No need for violence. I try to stealthily climb my way up the balcony and, jumping building to building if close enough, laugh my way away into the night after Chinwe.

Stealth: 4+5=9
Athletics: 9+3=12

Also, my Second Story Work feature lets me climb at no penalty to my speed, and if I make a running jump, I add an additional 3 feet to the distance jumped (Dex modifier). Pretty sweet. Except those rolls. Terrible.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-13, 08:42 PM
Nice. You climb up and nearly make it to the roof when you hear: "EAT LEAD, **** SUCKER!" Along with the distinct roar of a Minotaur heavy pistol, which punched a 3 inch deep hole into solid brick. By that time, you were up on the cieling and took off to your lair.

You arrive, its around 3 am. Chinwe is PISSED and sulks in his sleeping bag, refusing to speak with you. The Sheriff is sleeping in the corner. Like many slumdwellers, you're squatting in The Rookery (Its there on the map). There's no running water and you have to share with the rats and roaches, but hey... At least its free rent.

DO you do.anything else or go to sleep?

DM7581
2015-10-13, 10:06 PM
Chinwe, get your things, let's go. This is no place to live.

I'm sure a gold coin can buy a night or 2 in a much nicer inn. I get close to him.

I trust you, buddy. I know you trust me too. I wouldn't have left you there if I knew you couldn't take care of yourself. C'mon.

Hopefully I urge him to get up and go. On the way, if any shops are open, I make sure to buy him something. Maybe his favorite toy, food/snack, or whatever.

This is not the life for us. We need to make things better for us. You with me?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-13, 11:26 PM
With the ease of a child he bounces back, betrayals forgotten. He and The Sheriff are the closest thing you have to family, and you've all saved each other many times. You learned to stick together or die.

Its 3 am... There's no proper inns in this side of town, but you can hike over to sector 2... It will take about 45 minutes. However, its generally unsafe to walk around these parts at night. Also, there's plenty of places open right now, but they don't offer the kinds of things Chinwe would be into.

To keep things moving, Ill say you used your streetwise to find safe passage through the slums
The three of you checked in at the Brass Eagle inn around 4 am.

No.action.is.required. Ill follow up tomorrow.

A broken down old gunslinger with plenty of grit and fight left in him. He has proven an invaluable ally and mentor. He also helps look after Chinwe when you're busy. Lately, he has been very ill.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqkpboBmwb1qatgt2o1_500.jpg,

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-14, 05:47 PM
Kyras, you arrive at the Brass Eagle in around 3 am and check in. As you, Chinwe, and the Sherriff are heading to your room upstairs and down the hall, you approach an open door. From inside, you hear the eerie words:

""Wake up, cousin. Shhhh... Easy now. No sudden movements." A short pause, then, "tie him."

The three of you instinctively freeze and look at each other. The Sheriff furrows his eyebrows at you. Like a well oiled machine, you three move in sync. Chinwe backs into the wall and crouches, becoming harder to see. Sheriff moves to one side of the door while you move to the other one, weapons already out (or, if your character doesn't give a rat's ass, which is possible, this is what the Sheriff and Chinwe do.

You peek in to the lantern-lit room and see a half elf with some tiefling in him, wearing sleek black armor and pinning another man down in his bed, while holding a knife to his neck. In his other hand he holds a beautiful pseudodragon by the neck. He is pinning down a well dressed half elf, who vaguely resembles him, but without the sinister hint of Tiefling blood. Besides this half elf stands a hesistant looking human, likely a Highlander. He's scruffy and dirty, and you can see the grime caked into his fingers. Next to the sleek half elf, he looks absolutely squalid. Probably some hired thug from the slums. The Sheriff makes a wait gesture at you.

The half elf on the bed tries to reason with him. "Cousin, no need for restraints, you have my pet in lockdown it seems, he is the most dangerous of the two of us. As far as we all should be concerned im your hostage. As he says this he slowly tries to sit up.

Suddenly, the black armored half elf just LOSES it. He snaps the pseudodragon's neck and starts screaming: "I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE! YOU NEVER LISTEN! YOU NEVER LISTEN, YOU DISGRACEFUL WRETCH! AND YOU!" he tilts his head at the stranger. "Tie him. NOW! No more bull****. I am taking you home, where you belong, my sweet cousin."

The Sheriff (the old man) steps inside and says: ""He's not going anywhere with you, nancy boy."

The black armored half elf pins his cousin down even harder, glances at you all and bursts out laughing: "What in the world is this? A retired buffoon and his fellow clown apprentices? Be gone, vermin. I am Syrn of clan Bloodweld, and I've defeated things you've only seen in nightmares. Shoo!" He turns to glare angrily at the grimy Highlander, once again losing his temper: "DID YOU NOT HEAR ME?!?! I SAID TIE HIM, YOU FILTHY, STUPID SLUM RAT!"

Everyone roll initiative, and don't reveal who you are to each other.

Ketiara
2015-10-14, 06:09 PM
Initiative roll: 20+2= 22 ... two 20 in a row!

Haern cant do anything and wont even try and get out of grip. Haern will take his action when he feels Syrn's grip lighten or if he is distracted!

Haern loath Syrn now, its established when he killed his psudodragon!

EDIT: HE DELAYS

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-14, 06:13 PM
Initiative roll: 4

The situation does NOT sit well with the Highlander, not one bit. He takes the rope in his hand and attemps to tie down and restrain the enraged half-elf while shouting to the half-elf on the bed: "Don't go runnin off now, I am finishing this job!"

Grapple check on tiefling elf: 15 - 1: 14
Intimidation check on bed elf: 1

Ketiara
2015-10-14, 06:47 PM
Edit
Deleted thought I could speed things along, but nevermind.

DM7581
2015-10-14, 08:26 PM
Have I heard of Syrn? If so, what of him? Weapon, drawn, yes. I'll let The Sheriff do the talking for now, but killing that pseudodragon definitely does not sit well with me.

Let's do this.

Initiative: 2+3=5

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-14, 11:06 PM
No one except Haern has heard of Syrn before.

Initiative:

Syrn
Haern
Mordecai
Kyras
Sheriff
Chinwe

Syrn is a murderous blur, two short swords seem to materialize in his hands, one of which is already in Mordecai's stomach. He howls in pain and surprise, taking 5 damage.

Syrn leaps like a dancer and with a broad backhand slash hits both Kyras and the Sheriff for 5 damage, following with a main hand into the Sheriff's torso, twisting the blade expertly causing another 10 damage. Sheriff staggers in pain. Syrn leaps back with his back to the window, in the tight en garde stance of a classically trained professional. This movement provoked an Aoo from Kyras, which missed.

(Sheriff has a ranged weapon, and Sryn had never left both Mords and Haerns threatened space)

Haern is next!

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 12:45 AM
Haern realises he can move away safely, and does so.
Move action away from Syrn.
Then as a bonus action he cast Hex on himself.
And then as an attack he cast agonising Erdrich blast on Syrn.

Attack: 18+5=23 ; (1d10)5+(1d6necrotic)6+3=14 dam and disadvantage on strength checks.

"You dirty little **** of a murderer! You should have left me alone! And now you kill Mads for no reason!"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 08:36 AM
Ok, you can see that the curse affects him. But amazingly, your well placed attack seems to have somehow missed! From what you know of Syrn, he is an experienced fighter, and knows many offensive.and defensive techniques.

Mordecai go!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-15, 10:16 AM
Even though Mordecai is PISSED, but he's still trying to aim for non-lethal shots.

1 shot at tiefling elf: 16 + 5 (21) Damage= 3+3 (6)
2 shot at tiefling elf: 10 + 5 (15) Damage= 3+3 (6)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 10:52 AM
Gun blasts loudly in the small brick room, ricochetting off the wall. Despite the close range.

Syrn sways and twists, seemingly invincible. You have the growing fear that this may be an opponent too powerful for you at this time.

You can hear muffled voices of startled guests in the rooms next door from passerby down below. In the distance you hear a police whistle.

Kyras

DM7581
2015-10-15, 11:30 AM
Gun blasts loudly in the small brick room, ricochetting off the wall. Despite the close range You're within 5 feet of him using a ranged attack. Technically he can get an AoO, but for some reason he doesn't use it.

Syrn sways and twists, seemingly invincible. You have the growing fear that this may be an opponent too powerful for you at this time.

You can hear muffled voices of startled guests in the rooms next door from passerby down below. In the distance you hear a police whistle.

Kyras

5e, no OA (opportunity attack, AoO or attack of opportunity has been retired), but disadvantage on the attack if in melee. I would probably ignore that for firearms.

This guy seems nimble and hard to hit, so a little outside the box here, flying body tackle. Athletics contest.

Athletics: 3+3=6

This is an opposed roll.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 12:11 PM
Great. Kyras has Syrn immobilized.

Positioning/TOtM: So Kyras and Mordecai are standing next to each other facing Syrn. To their right and 5 feet behind is Haern. 10 feet behind Kyras and Mord is Chinwe and Sheriff.

Sheriff (the old man) moves up and left (on the grid), now to Mordecais left, while flinging open his trench coat and drawing an antique looking, pearl handled revolver.

"Die, you pompous prick!" And fires twice, one of which hits the prone body of Syrn, who barely even flinches.

Chinwe heals the sheriff To full.

DM7581
2015-10-15, 12:28 PM
Grapple is just a contest Athletics vs Athletics or Acrobatics (defenders choice). There is no attack roll per se. It is meant to expedite. Also, he should have been immobilized, not prone, but that's fine.

He can use his Action to break free (opposed roll), but if he moves, I get an OA on him right? That is unless he Disengages... But that takes a separate action. I do have my rapier drawn. Grappling only requires 1 hand.

Athletics contest: 7+2=9
OA: 11+5=16, 8+3=11 damage

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 12:32 PM
Ah, my mistake.I thought grapple needed a hit first. Hold up.

DM7581
2015-10-15, 12:34 PM
If you're grappling, then its an.attack roll, right?

No attack roll. It uses the Attack action, but is a contest: Athletics vs. Athletics/Acrobatics (defenders choice). Also it takes an Action to break a grapple, same contest. No attack roll.

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 12:49 PM
Gun blasts loudly in the small brick room, ricochetting off the wall. Despite the close range You're within 5 feet of him using a ranged attack. Technically he can get an AoO, but for some reason he doesn't use it.

Kyras

opportunity attacks only when you move out of melee range... Shooting in melee without a feat is disadvantage

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 12:55 PM
Cool, thanks for clarifying, everyone. Back.to the top.of the round.

Syrn escapes the grapple, bit not before the eminent multitasker Kyras skewers him for 11 damage with an OA.

Creepily, Syrn barely seems to show pain (it is unseemly for a Troezenian elite to do so). He gets up and says "Even the lion can be bested by a pack of mangy jackals."

Chinwe: "You dare compare yourself to the lion?!"

Syrn smirks, and leaps out of a 3 story window.

Mordecai can.make.a.melee opportunity attack.

Everyone happy? No mix ups?

If.not, Haern priceeds

DM7581
2015-10-15, 01:58 PM
I take it my attack misses then?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 02:04 PM
Nope, direct hit! Its now added.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 03:17 PM
Observing Syrn, you notice that he was.using some sort of maneuver the first round, which was deflecting attacks (I rolled an 8 on evasive footwork maneuver). This round, perhaps because he lost his composure after being pinned, his defenses seem to be lower.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-15, 03:43 PM
Mordecai uses an OA and pistol whips, shouting, "Quit all that runnin' around!"
14+1 (15) to hit, 3-1 (2) damage.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 04:19 PM
I don't see harm in allowing Gunslingers to fire in melee with no penalty, unless someone can present a convincing argument against it.

However, OA are only done with melee weapons if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, I'm not sure we ought to be modifying the rules - too- much by then allowing gunslingers make OA with ranged weapons in addition to firing in melee, thereby making archer builds obsolete. Is there an existing precedent for ranged OA, such as a feat? I'm open minded about that and willing to discuss for or against, but my inclination is mildly against though I am still familiarizing with 5e system.

Even then, I can think of several ways for a clever gunslinger to make melee OA even with a gun in each hand. The simplest way is to just pistol whip a fool.

Let me know what your thoughts are. Your attack roll.is enough to hit him.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-15, 04:27 PM
Sure, I'll pistolwhip a mothersucker. Is this strength or dex? Am I proficient? And what is the damage die? I can edit my post to accomodate for the changes.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 04:29 PM
Sure, I'll pistolwhip a mothersucker. Is this strength or dex? Am I proficient? And what is the damage die? I can edit my post to accomodate for the changes.

-crack!- He looks at you in shock. "How dare you?! Such insolence!"

D4, as a melee weapon without the finesse property, proficiency yes.

Didn't you have a 16 to hit? His AC is now 16. Its OK, we will keep it as a hit and move on.

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 05:27 PM
Haerns turn

If he escaped, I tell everyone to act assaulted.
Hurt cowboy, go lie in the hallway, child go try and nurse him along... Half elf you act my vallet.

I was being robbed by this guy old man is casualty kid is grandson walking by by chance.

Haern is doing this very fast but the point is to get the over all story straight...

By the way I'm Leinient ith grath a merchant.(I tell them the last name and city, but I'm in a hurry so I forgot)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 05:38 PM
If he escaped, I tell everyone to act assaulted.
Hurt cowboy, go lie in the hallway, child go try and nurse him along... Half elf you act my vallet.

I was being robbed by this guy old man is casualty kid is grandson walking by by chance.

Haern is doing this very fast but the point is to get the over all story straight...

By the way I'm Leinient ith grath a merchant.(I tell them the last name and city, but I'm in a hurry so I forgot)

Haha. I wasn't expecting that.

Before you did this, your vision turns black and you begin to have another hallucination.

The voice of "The Other" speaks in your mind:

My earthly instruments are not easily defeated...

You wake up a few seconds later and see that you revived Mab.

Everyone else just saw Haern lose consciousness for a moment and mumble something, then the pseudodragon hops up like it was just napping, and snuggles under Haerns arm chirping like a baby chick.

The police show up and question you. Seeing as how you're well dressed, charismatic and seem to have pedigree in addition to the owner vouching for you, no one is a suspect. They look suspiciously at Kyras, who seems to have a scoundrel appearance, but your words deflect any further inquiry. No roll is needed. Anyway, it was self defense.

The owner comes in, apologizing profusely for allowing a murderer to brazenly enter his establishment so easily. He writes you a bank note for 100 gold, hoping you will keep quiet about the incident.

Police ask you questions about the assailant. What do you tell them (This may require a deception or persuasion.roll depending on.what you say).

Everyone else, did you stay for this? And what so you all say? Open format now, everyone go ahead and interact or not as you see fit.

I don't like keeping track.of xp (im not very organized) so I usually just advance you in levels every so often. Is that OK for everyone?

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 05:54 PM
Haha. I wasn't expecting that.

Before you did this, your vision turns black and you begin to have another hallucination.

The voice of "The Other" speaks in your mind:

My earthly instruments are not easily defeated...

You wake up a few seconds later and see that you revived Mab.

Everyone else just saw Haern lose consciousness for a moment and mumble something, then the pseudodragon hops up like it was just napping, and snuggles under Haerns arm chirping like a baby chick.

The police show up and question you. Seeing as how you're well dressed, charismatic and seem to have pedigree in addition to the owner vouching for you, no one is a suspect. They look suspiciously at Kyras, who seems to have a scoundrel appearance, but your words deflect any further inquiry. No roll is needed. Anyway, it was self defense.

The owner comes in, apologizing profusely for allowing a murderer to brazenly enter his establishment so easily. He writes you a bank note for 25 gold.

Police ask you questions about the assailant. What do you tell them (This may require a deception or persuasion.roll depending on.what you say).

Everyone else, did you stay for this? And what so you all say? Open format now, everyone go ahead and interact or not as you see fit.

I don't like keeping track.of xp (im not very organized) so I usually just advance you in levels every so often. Is that OK for everyone?

after the blackout I pretend nothing has happened. I still ask everyone to play along.

I tell the police that I was attacked by a man, and I describe him by name and features. I tell them that he was looking for someone els a half elf from Troezen apparently looking like me.

Setting up the story as a true liar

"He sneaked into my room and and when he saw I wasn't the right one he was going to kill me, probably because it was easier than trying to sort out the trouble he was in... "

I look around and pause for dramatic effect

"Luckily my vallet woke up and alarmed these heroes walking past my door and they saved me!"

Kneeling next to my hero

" Now we need to help this wounded guy! I'd personally take it upon me to nurse him back to health as he was my saviour."

Now focus back to the police

" But I still fear for my life though, perhaps you could provide a police escort or guard until you have apprehended the perpetrator... What if he wants to kill me to rid him of any witnesses."

I shake a little and pretend to feeling feint as I sit down.

"You must help me"

Edit: I'm level 4 now then ?:)

DM7581
2015-10-15, 06:00 PM
I don't see harm in allowing Gunslingers to fire in melee with no penalty, unless someone can present a convincing argument against it.

However, OA are only done with melee weapons if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, I'm not sure we ought to be modifying the rules - too- much by then allowing gunslingers make OA with ranged weapons in addition to firing in melee, thereby making archer builds obsolete. Is there an existing precedent for ranged OA, such as a feat? I'm open minded about that and willing to discuss for or against, but my inclination is mildly against though I am still familiarizing with 5e system.

Even then, I can think of several ways for a clever gunslinger to make melee OA even with a gun in each hand. The simplest way is to just pistol whip a fool.

Let me know what your thoughts are. Your attack roll.is enough to hit him.

Yeah, I second this. Improvised weapon for 1d4. Probably strength, as I would not make an improvised weapon a finesse weapon.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-15, 06:07 PM
Officer, I'll go an' corroborate this mans story. Crazy sum'bitch hired me to help him take in some mentally unstable cousin' of his. We get here and he starts flippin' the hell out, tries to strangle that there gentleman's fancy lizard. I tell him to calm his ass down and that this guy don't need to be threatened with no dead lizard and he stabs me! Then he starts ramblin' 'bout cheetahs and other such nonsense, busts the hell out that there window like it weren't fiddy feet off the ground! I woulda gotten up to see if he was splattered on the pavement, but I uh... I got this here superfluous hole in my digestive system that needs some care, I reckon. And uh, if he ain't splattered, and y'all go chasin' after him? Be careful, he's a fast sum'bitch. Don't even know why he thought he needed my help.

Mordecai is pretty sure that is the cousin he was looking for, but it doesn't make sense that he is the dangerous one when the other guy just flew off the handle like that and killed his familiar. I'm also guessing that Mordecai knows there is something suspicious regarding the pseudodragon, especially since he heard the things neck snap. After the police leave, I want Mordecai to let Haern know that he knows he's lying, but won't bring him in for the bounty. He'll refuse to hand him over to any family member who is gonna treat him like that.

Persuasion Check: 9+3 (12)
Insight check: 20+2 (22)

DM7581
2015-10-15, 06:07 PM
I am just observing at this point, but definitely want to know who the fools of the group are, and if anyone s telling any tall tales.

Insight: 8+2=10

I'll go along with the story until the authorities leave. I look strangely at the pseudodragon, trying to figure out why it isn't' dead.

What is the deal with this little guy? I thought he was a goner for sure... (await response) So, 100 GP split (counting) five ways. If you have 60 for me and my friends, we can leave you be.

I make sure that Chinwe makes it to his room and gets settled. I also check with the Sheriff and ask if he is tired.

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 06:10 PM
Officer, I'll go an' corroborate this mans story. Crazy sum'bitch hired me to help him take in some mentally unstable cousin' of his. We get here and he starts flippin' the hell out, tries to strangle that there gentleman's fancy lizard. I tell him to calm his ass down and that this guy don't need to be threatened with no dead lizard and he stabs me! Then he starts ramblin' 'bout cheetahs and other such nonsense, busts the hell out that there window like it weren't fiddy feet off the ground! I woulda gotten up to see if he was splattered on the pavement, but I uh... I got this here superfluous hole in my digestive system that needs some care, I reckon. And uh, if he ain't splattered, and y'all go chasin' after him? Be careful, he's a fast sum'bitch. Don't even know why he thought he needed my help.

Ooc: haha awesome rp!!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 06:42 PM
Haha. Nice. The circumstances make a roll unnecessary, auto success. Well played Haern and Mordecai.

Chief: "Inspector Hugh, remain with these gentlemen for the rest of the evening and see what other evidence you can gather."

Assistant Inspector Hugh: "Yes sir"

A virtuous and talented officer, trying to maintain order out of chaos. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/54184001742001070/

Kyras, this is what you find with insight. Kyras: I'm not quite sure I get your meaning, correct me if I'm unclear. Your insight roll of ten suggests that these two strangers don't seem to have any detectable signs of either being overly naive or having any mischievous intent. The Highlander (Doctor Dash) looks like a straightforward, simple gent. The Troezenian (Haern) seems a bit troubled, and knows more than he lets on, like maybe hes hiding or running from something, but so does everyone nowadays, so that's not necessarily concerning to you. You see no evidence to suspect anything personal regarding you. You did observe Haern (the other half elf) cast a spell earlier, and you know that magic users occasionally have bonds with certain creatures. In this culture, there isn't a stigma around magic use, in fact, its often seen as posh and elegant. So that in itself is unlikely to have an effect on the way you perceive him.

Kyras, the half elf, asks the old Sheriff if he's tired.

Sheriff : "Pff. Do I look tired to you, bonehead?" (he actually does, and he has been sick lately).

Heimdall Olafson, aka "The Sheriff." An old gunslinger with plenty of fight left in him, who lives for vengeance.http://www.svalts.com/post/9446998779/old-man

Kyras then escorts the boy, Chinwe, to his room.

A young druid with a tragic past, far from home.http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagic.cgi?id=15896530222&url=http%3A%2F%2Fflickrhivemind.net%2FTags%2Fsudan %252Ctribe%2FTimeline%3Fsearch_type%3DTags%3Btexti nput%3Dsudan%252Ctribe%3Bphoto_type%3D250%3Bmethod %3DGET%3Bnoform%3Dt%3Bsort%3DDate%2520Taken%252C%2 520new%2520first%23pic15896530222&user=&flickrurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/41622708@N00/15896530222

Mordecais insight: Excellent insight roll. Your suspicions are correct, and it seems like the cousin is really the bad guy, and wanted to apprehend Haern. You observed Haern casting a spell earlier, then later pass out and suddenly his pet came back to life. You may not know much magic but you know it isnt normal. Coupled with your perception that he and the attacker were from a noble Troezenian family (who have very rigid codes of conduct and appropriateness in society) you deduce that whatever makes Haern unusual is probably the cause of the falling out with his family.

DM7581
2015-10-15, 10:12 PM
I'll retire for the night, but want to make sure I get my cut of that 100 gp. Long rest?

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-15, 10:16 PM
I'll retire for the night, but want to make sure I get my cut of that 100 gp. Long rest?

Same deal, I need to rest up and at least get some kinda payment for wasting my time and blood.

Ketiara
2015-10-16, 02:36 AM
"Yes my good men, you definitely deserve the gold we revived in compensation, I'll donate my share to you all for saving me"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-16, 03:24 PM
You awaken to the sounds of the busy plaza, Triangle Square: Triangle Square, a large, famous commercial plaza formed at the intersection of 3 avenues. Its one of the busiest places in this busy city. People come here to shop, talk, have coffee, eat, or be seen and heard. Priests, politicians and salesmen shout their claims, while inventors display their latest gadgets in the central plaza, with its walkways, wrought iron benches and fountains. Any type of business, store, armory, pharmacy, playhouse, or style of clothing and cuisine can be found here. It is one of the most important cultural and commercial centers in the world. It is on your map in Sector 2.

While staying at an Inn, it is customary and appropriate to head down to the lobby and accept hospitality from the host, while making polite small talk with other guests. Breakfast and hot coffee is brought to you while you sit in plush sofas. If you stay an inn and partake of the hospitality, you get +2 temporary hp for that day. No need to RP small talk with guests, but you may follow up with each other or not. Next to your coffee is this morning's edition of Renaissance Literaire et Artistique, one of several newspapers:

FREE public service LECTURE TODAY on MONSTERS, MUTANTS, and other NOXIOUS CREATURES, by EMINENT biologist, Sir Kingsley!!! (All adventuring sorts encouraged to attend! Today, 11 am at the University's South Atrium!

Once again the INFAMOUS MONSTER known as "THE SNATCHER" appears to have struck again for the second night in a row, following a decade of inactivity! Keep your little ones inside at night!!!

There are more cases of isolated individuals succumbing to a sudden, homicidal urge. This differs from The Hysteria in that there appears to be no regression or known trigger. The illness only ends in death or suicide.

Do you feel lost? Confused? Do you struggle every day just to eat? Let us help you. We live a better life by working TOGETHER, hand in hand. We are NOT a church, religion, or cult. We are an ARMY of PEACE and CHARITY! Chapters are found all over town!

Our famous and excellent University seeks rough and ready gentlepersons for an excursion! Pay is generous due to the hazards. Do your part, and contribute to SCIENTIFIC and CULTURAL advancement!

Cashing out

Haern, you may head to a bank and exchange the note for cash. Figure out how to distribute the earnings. Also, Syrn is out there licking his wounds. He will not give up, and he never forgets an insult. He will come after everyone involved last night and eliminate them one by one. None of you stand a chance against him individually, but that's exactly what he will try to do. In addition, he may likely call for assistance from other family members, which means big trouble.

Ysknab

Everyone, as you head outside (whenever that may be) you see a huge crowd of well dressed bourgeoisie ogling a large, magnificent graffiti painting that apparently had popped up sometime the night before on the side of one of the buildings. It shows a poor family, sickly looking and in rags, with cloth restraints tied around their mouths and expressions of helplessness. Above the graffiti are the words "SILENCE IS NOT" and below it, "CONSENT." On the bottom right is the distinct signature of "Ysknab," a famous renegade graffiti artist known for his provocative, political statements done in grand style. No one has ever caught him in the act or even knows who he really is.

Inspector Hugh: "Upon my word: I will apprehend this devious vandal someday! He is a dangerous subversive narcissist! And with this vow I take my leave. Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure. If you find out anything else or need assistance, I am at your service. Good day." He hands you all his card: "Assistant Inspector Archibald Hugh, public servant 340 Archer Ave, 3rd Police Precinct, Sector 2."

Vultures

Kyras, as you step outside, at some point you run into a fellow business acquaintance, "Porky" McPhee, who pulls you aside. "Ah, good day, sir." He says. "How nice to run into a fellow bird watcher! I heard there's an interesting nest of birds in the southeast slums. They seem like a species of vulture, a juvenile. There's a few good eggs in the nest too. But lots of other birdwatchers have their eye on it, so bring a backpack and come early, be prepared to do some hiking to beat them to it. The birds aren't native. Maybe they got lost. Best time to catch em is in the evening. Here, I'll mark your map." He marks the map in the anarchy zone just southeast of the Crypt District. Smugglers have a nice stash and have been too careless in staying low. They're amateurish and not from around here so there's likely no gang beef to worry about. Get to it before someone else does, and bring backup because you may likely have to fight off other thieves in addition to the smugglers. Its best to go this evening (fewer of them). Also, the Sheriff is staying in today, as he's not well.

ooc: there are thieves all over town, and you all have a sort of relay network of information that so efficient it almost happens in real time, because there's just THAT many thieves spread out everywhere. This network transcends gang beef and alliances, and is basically neutral (with occasional exceptions) but there is ONE unspoken rule that no thief ever dares to break. You do NOT talk to the lawmen. As a rogue in good standing (a dubious honor), you can easily send messages back and forth through the network.

Mordecai, you're disappointed because the person who was going to pay you last night jumped out of a window. However, he did give you an advance of 15 gold, but you know that will only keep you and your monk friend fed for a couple of days. Work has been a little slow...

Everyone, its 8 am. There's a few plot seeds right there between the newspapers and possibly from Kyras and the thief. You can peruse one of these or go off on your own solo missions. You can also roll investigation and pick up rumors, which may lead to interesting places. There's plenty to do in this wicked place!

The owner gave you 2 days on the house for the mixup, so no money spent yet.

At this inn, its 4g a day for a single person room and hospitality.

For Kyras its 10g a night for a larger room acceptable for 3 persons (since you're with a team). You can get a smaller room for 1 person for 4 gold, but it would be unseemly to do so.

Sleeping at a nice inn refreshes your character, giving you + 2 temporary hp for the day. Staying at higher quality Inns would be even more expensive, and confer additional bonuses.

Ketiara
2015-10-16, 03:58 PM
You awaken to the sounds of the busy plaza, Triangle Square: Triangle Square, a large, famous commercial plaza formed at the intersection of 3 avenues. Its one of the busiest places in this busy city. People come here to shop, talk, have coffee, eat, or be seen and heard. Priests, politicians and salesmen shout their claims, while inventors display their latest gadgets in the central plaza, with its walkways, wrought iron benches and fountains. Any type of business, store, armory, pharmacy, playhouse, or style of clothing and cuisine can be found here. It is one of the most important cultural and commercial centers in the world. It is on your map in Sector 2.

While staying at an Inn, it is customary and appropriate to head down to the lobby and accept hospitality from the host, while making polite small talk with other guests. Breakfast and hot coffee is brought to you while you sit in plush sofas. If you stay an inn and partake of the hospitality, you get +2 temporary hp for that day. No need to RP small talk with guests, but you may follow up with each other or not. Next to your coffee is this morning's edition of Renaissance Literaire et Artistique, one of several newspapers:

FREE public service LECTURE TODAY on MONSTERS, MUTANTS, and other NOXIOUS CREATURES, by EMINENT biologist, Sir Kingsley!!! (All adventuring sorts encouraged to attend! Today, 11 am at the University's South Atrium!

Once again the INFAMOUS MONSTER known as "THE SNATCHER" appears to have struck again for the second night in a row, following a decade of inactivity! Keep your little ones inside at night!!!

There are more cases of isolated individuals succumbing to a sudden, homicidal urge. This differs from The Hysteria in that there appears to be no regression or known trigger. The illness only ends in death or suicide.

Do you feel lost? Confused? Do you struggle every day just to eat? Let us help you. We live a better life by working TOGETHER, hand in hand. We are NOT a church, religion, or cult. We are an ARMY of PEACE and CHARITY! Chapters are found all over town!

Our famous and excellent University seeks rough and ready gentlepersons for an excursion! Pay is generous due to the hazards. Do your part, and contribute to SCIENTIFIC and CULTURAL advancement!

Cashing out

Haern, you may head to a bank and exchange the note for cash. Figure out how to distribute the earnings. Also, Syrn is out there licking his wounds. He will not give up, and he never forgets an insult. He will come after everyone involved last night and eliminate them one by one. None of you stand a chance against him individually, but that's exactly what he will try to do. In addition, he may likely call for assistance from other family members, which means big trouble.

Ysknab

Everyone, as you head outside (whenever that may be) you see a huge crowd of well dressed bourgeoisie ogling a large, magnificent graffiti painting that apparently had popped up sometime the night before on the side of one of the buildings. It shows a poor family, sickly looking and in rags, with cloth restraints tied around their mouths and expressions of helplessness. Above the graffiti are the words "SILENCE IS NOT" and below it, "CONSENT." On the bottom right is the distinct signature of "Ysknab," a famous renegade graffiti artist known for his provocative, political statements done in grand style. No one has ever caught him in the act or even knows who he really is.

Inspector Hugh: "Upon my word: I will apprehend this devious vandal someday! He is a dangerous subversive narcissist! And with this vow I take my leave. Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure. If you find out anything else or need assistance, I am at your service. Good day." He hands you all his card: "Assistant Inspector Archibald Hugh, public servant 340 Archer Ave, 3rd Police Precinct, Sector 2."

Vultures

Kyras, as you step outside, at some point you run into a fellow business acquaintance, "Porky" McPhee, who pulls you aside. "Ah, good day, sir." He says. "How nice to run into a fellow bird watcher! I heard there's an interesting nest of birds in the southeast slums. They seem like a species of vulture, a juvenile. There's a few good eggs in the nest too. But lots of other birdwatchers have their eye on it, so bring a backpack and come early, be prepared to do some hiking to beat them to it. The birds aren't native. Maybe they got lost. Best time to catch em is in the evening. Here, I'll mark your map." He marks the map in the anarchy zone just southeast of the Crypt District. Smugglers have a nice stash and have been too careless in staying low. They're amateurish and not from around here so there's likely no gang beef to worry about. Get to it before someone else does, and bring backup because you may likely have to fight off other thieves in addition to the smugglers. Its best to go this evening (fewer of them). Also, the Sheriff is staying in today, as he's not well.

ooc: there are thieves all over town, and you all have a sort of relay network of information that so efficient it almost happens in real time, because there's just THAT many thieves spread out everywhere. This network transcends gang beef and alliances, and is basically neutral (with occasional exceptions) but there is ONE unspoken rule that no thief ever dares to break. You do NOT talk to the lawmen. As a rogue in good standing (a dubious honor), you can easily send messages back and forth through the network.

Mordecai, you're disappointed because the person who was going to pay you last night jumped out of a window. However, he did give you an advance of 15 gold, but you know that will only keep you and your monk friend fed for a couple of days. Work has been a little slow...

Everyone, its 8 am. There's a few plot seeds right there between the newspapers and possibly from Kyras and the thief. You can peruse one of these or go off on your own solo missions. You can also roll investigation and pick up rumors, which may lead to interesting places. There's plenty to do in this wicked place!

The owner gave you 2 days on the house for the mixup, so no money spent yet.

At this inn, its 4g a day for a single person room and hospitality.

For Kyras its 10g a night for a larger room acceptable for 3 persons (since you're with a team). You can get a smaller room for 1 person for 4 gold, but it would be unseemly to do so.

Sleeping at a nice inn refreshes your character, giving you + 2 temporary hp for the day. Staying at higher quality Inns would be even more expensive, and confer additional bonuses.

In the morning I meet up with the others and let them know my plan of cashing in the gold and that I plan on giving it to you all without taking a share myself.

"You are welcome to come with me if you don't trust otherwise I'll be back here in an hour"

"When I get back I have an idea id like to swing by you guys."

And with that Mads fly down from a perch and land on my arm crawling to my shoulder. And I'm casually walking out the door, expecting no one to trust me although I'm very sincere.

im planning on setting up in iron city and make a name for myself along with a good income. And for that I need a groupe of equal minded folks! And the way you jumped in to help an unknown man, and the way you Mort saw error of ways in your employer and stood up to him!
In my book you have all earned more trust than any I've met my entire life.
If you want to join forces, I propose we share everything.
And unless anyone have other ideas I saw a poster by the academy looking for mindless adventure/fortune seekers for great reward! I suggest we go there

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-16, 06:02 PM
Mordecai cleans his wound, maybe takes a wet cloth to his clothes to get at least some of the blood out. He walks downstairs, gets himself a coffee and a paper, and sits down. He reads the ad for the seminar at the university, thinks it might be interesting. After reading the ad about the excursion and the proximity to the seminar, he decides to do the seminar, then inquire about the excursion. While he waits for Haern to return with some money, he talks to the locals about this child snatcher. If Haern takes longer than an hour, he leaves.

Investigation check: 15+2 (17)

DM7581
2015-10-16, 06:08 PM
Despite my dubious past, I am trying to atone. With the passing of my dear Rose, life hasn't been the same... I thank the thief and let him know I will consider the offer.

You know I love me some eggs, but I need to take a break from the watching... and the poaching. Them birds can be dangerous when you get too close and I need a new backpack anyway... I may be up for it, but some kids treated me for quite a dinner last night, and I am a bit full (rubbing my stomach).

Normally, I am down for a score, but I am not sure about the people I'm with. I did hit it big with a couple of amateurs last night anyway, so money isn't too tight.

Now this on the other hand (referencing the paper)....

This is something I may be interested in... That weird one may be too. He did seem to be interested in the arcane.

Hey, buddy (to the one with the pseudodragon), I didn't quite catch your name last night. My name is Kyras. Well met.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-16, 06:19 PM
Mordecai cleans his wound, maybe takes a wet cloth to his clothes to get at least some of the blood out. He walks downstairs, gets himself a coffee and a paper, and sits down. He reads the ad for the seminar at the university, thinks it might be interesting. After reading the ad about the excursion and the proximity to the seminar, he decides to do the seminar, then inquire about the excursion. While he waits for Haern to return with some money, he talks to the locals about this child snatcher. If Haern takes longer than an hour, he leaves.

Investigation check: 15+2 (17)

The snatcher is rumored to be some sort of monster, thin, long limbed and grayish skin. Quite tall. No one ever gets a good look at him. He can easily pop out of a sewer as climb a wall and leap across roofs like it was nothing. It is the Chupacabra of the Iron City. A friend of Kyras claims to have once seen him when they both were children. It snatched his sister right in from of him. This was about ten years ago. Ever since then the trail went cold.

Got you for the seminar, and everyone seems up for the expedition. Conveniently, both objectives are in the University.

I'll watch the interactions here then move on when appropriate.

Also, we may have a new player joining us soon.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-16, 06:40 PM
The snatcher is rumored to be some sort of monster, thin, long limbed and grayish skin.

Mordecai is relieved to hear that it might be a monster.

Monsters ain't complicated. You shoot them a bunch, they die, the end. Humans on the other hand... shoot one of them on the street, don't matter what messed up stuff they do, you could be in for some trouble. I'll be on the lookout for lanky freaks from here on out, thanks friend.

He finishes his coffee and rolls out to the seminar. If he meets up with the others at the university, then at least he will have some friendly faces to explore with, seeing how his monk friend has been pretty engrossed in her meditation as of late. He will drop by later to give her some gold, maybe tell her about the expedition if it doesn't sound like another scam.

Ketiara
2015-10-17, 01:36 AM
Hey, buddy (to the one with the pseudodragon), I didn't quite catch your name last night. My name is Kyras. Well met.

Haern hands out the gold: 33 to mordecai, kyras and chinwee, takes the last piece for himself.

"Well met! I didn't get to thank you last night."

Haern pauses...

"I'm Leini... I mean I'm Haern and from what you've seen from last night is rather not associate with my last name."

He finishes his coffee and rolls out to the seminar.

Haern follows mordecai to the seminar as it was his plan all along, afterwards checking out that announcement for adventurers.

Before I leave I talk to Kyras about my plans and asks if he wants to meet up with us at the seminar.

DM7581
2015-10-17, 08:38 AM
The seminar sounds fine, but I think you forgot about my friend there.

100 split 4 ways (you forgot the Sheriff) is 25 each.

Kyras gladly accepts the 75 GP on their behalf.

So what is the story with that guy last night? How do you two know each other?

I assume Chinwe stays back and looks after the Sheriff, unless he wants to come along. He is kinda growing on me.

DM7581
2015-10-17, 08:43 AM
I know I come from a jaded past, having lost a loved one due to my life of crime, but at what point did I appear in that puddle and emerge anew? This is how you started us off in the game at first, I just don't know what was the last thing my character remembers from his normal life before the trek back to the Iron City. Does he know how he ended up there or why? We caught our way back, encountered the savages, killed the elephant guy, etc. Finally made it to the Iron City and that's where we left off.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 10:31 AM
Nice job everyone.

You head out to the University. This structure predates the Cataclysm and is one of the most intact remaining examples of "Old World" architecture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/296956169152445563/

You shuffle in to the auditorium and have a seat. Around you are scholarly types as well as many rough looking adventurers. Sir Kingsley, a trim man in his 50's with a short, white beard, takes the lectern and begins:

As we all know, the world was once very different and predictable. Once upon a time, each species differed very little from its fellows. We now live in a place that is ever changing and still unexplored, with many creatures that defy explanation.

Despite the mutative nature of toxic and magical forces such as Gaia that now pollute our world, we have discovered that even the most bizarre mutants do display subtle features that may give hints as to their weaknesses. This is important, as many of them have surprising resistances to both sword and spell.

Here at the University, we want our local adventurers to succeed, so they can bring back more subjects. Bring back samples of anything unusual that you come across. If it results in a finding, we will reward you. And as always, we pay handsomely for artifacts. I discourage you to sell artifacts on the black market, as then the research potential is lost or ends up in foreign research, so be patriotic when you loot ruins (crowd chuckles).

This is the gist of what he said...

Undead

Not all ghouls and zombies are undead. Necromancy is very rare, nowadays. Mostly what we call ghouls and zombies nowadays are in fact living persons inflicted with a spectrum of diseases which cause violent and or cannibalistic impulses, agitation, herding impulses, and photophobia (light sensitivity). This is why ghouls are active at night. Once a person gets infected, they retreat deep into abandoned buildings, basements and sewers, making them hard to find. As we know, we have a chronic ghoul infestation in our city.

Vampiroids are any variety of vampire, from harmless hemotrophs to true undead vampires. Not all vampires are undead. Hemotrophs are born, and are living organisms that breed true. Vampirism is a magical disease that is spread occasionally by being bitten. Not all who are bitten contract the disease, and not all who contract it will progress to a full, undead vampiric state. There also appears to be different strains of the vampire disease, but little is known about that.

Gaia Beasts

Cryptofauna are creatures beyond the understanding of current knowledge, mainly the Gaia Beasts.

Aberrations

Not all aberrations are mutants, but many mutants are considered aberrations. Creatures that have mutant characteristics yet mostly resemble their base creature type are considered to be their base type.

Overcoming resistances

There are three types of effective chemicals: salts, acids, and alkalines.

Corrosive SALTS:
-Good against creatures that have skin that is moist, mucousy, slimy, or membraneous.
-Many aquatics (especially with thin membrane like skin)
-Nearly all Oozes/amoeboids.
-Plant creatures.
-Some elementals and constructs.

ACIDS
Good against most creatures and mutants with exposed skin that isnt covered in plates or slime.
Can neutralize caustic alkalines that get on you.

Caustic Alkalines
Good against creatures with shells (insects),
Most creatures that secrete acids or enzymes.
Can neutralize acid that gets on you.

Fire and light
Many mutants are weak to fire.
Non magical fire actually seems to work better.
Some creatures with heavy fur (catches fire)
Some plant creatures.
Most photophobic (avoid sun or bright light) creatures such as ghouls, drow, and other underground or nocturnal creatures sensitive to the light from a fire, even if they are not weak to it.
We have discovered that the bright flashes that occur when throwing magnesium into flames is particularly effective. Magnesium is available at any alchemist shop and is reasonably priced.
Tar Pitch is readily available and sticks to creatures as it burns. Very effective on creatures covered in thick natural armor, as it gradually burns through and exposes them.
Fire is cheap and effective against many creatures, and has multiple uses.

Silver
Sometimes effective on fey, undead, demons, outsiders, and other magical creatures.

Holy Water
What we casually call holy water is just regular water. It takes a particularly special cleric and an equally holy place to create true holy water. As religion is in decline, true holy water is very rare. If you run into any, store it.

Aqua Regia
“Royal Water” is effective on almost all types of mutants, undead, outsiders, devils and demons. The more mutated a creature seems, the more effective Aqua Regia tends to be. It is found in most high quality alchemist shops in small expensive quantities.

Sir Kingsley: "I will now open the floor to any questions..."

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 10:39 AM
I know I come from a jaded past, having lost a loved one due to my life of crime, but at what point did I appear in that puddle and emerge anew? This is how you started us off in the game at first, I just don't know what was the last thing my character remembers from his normal life before the trek back to the Iron City. Does he know how he ended up there or why? We caught our way back, encountered the savages, killed the elephant guy, etc. Finally made it to the Iron City and that's where we left off.

Its been about a year since you got back. You, Chinwe and the Sheriff have been hustling the streets to live since then.

The last thing your character remembers before the goo is heading down somewhere beneath the spire, having reason to believe that Rene's character's sister was still there, ten years after being snatched, along with other children who were taken by the Snatcher. The Sheriff, an old family friend, came to Iron City to find you. Both of you are looking to pay back a bandit named Cynric Creighton for various slights. I originally had it that Rose committed suicide rather than be defiled by him, or something like that, which wouldnt have hapenned if you werent doing business with Cynric. BUt make up your own stuff if you want. I like very elaborate background stories. The Sheriff's whole clan and village was wiped out by Cynric for reasons not entirely clear to you. Sheriff was the sole survivor, but lost most of the fingers in his left hand and part of his foot due to frostbite as he laid out there bleeding. You had almost caught Cynric once but hes a slippery bastard. The trail has gone cold so you moved on to other things for now.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 10:42 AM
Here's the work offer from the University:

A new passage has been discovered in the Underground, which looks like it may lead to the Lost City. We will supply you with equipment and maps to navigate up to the passage. Beyond that is unknown territory. We need you go as deep as you can and map it out, and bring back any artifacts. We will pay you each a 50g advance, supply you with very useful equipment, plus commission based on the quality and quantity of maps and artifacts. As you have heard, we are very fair in our compensation policies. You're not obligated to do anything. You can go as far in as you like. The lower levels are more dangerous. If you accept, we can put you on a courtesy airship as soon as you're ready. In addition to you all, there's 5 other NPC adventurers in the room.

If you accept, post up any preparatory action you may wish to take. If you decline, post up an alternate action.

Ketiara
2015-10-17, 01:16 PM
The seminar sounds fine, but I think you forgot about my friend there.

100 split 4 ways (you forgot the Sheriff) is 25 each.

Kyras gladly accepts the 75 GP on their behalf.

So what is the story with that guy last night? How do you two know each other?

OCC: forgot sheriff, who plays him? 25 gp to each of you. I roll insight before I hand over the 75gp: Roll 18+1=19

This story is told in Haerns room, supplied with various alcohol by demand. especially good wine!

And to answer the less pleasant question Haern sigh, looking fearful and with a hint of resignation.

That was Syrn Bloodweld, my cousin. A nasty fella if you ever met one! And someone Id never wish upon anyone as an enemy. And now I fear you are stuck with him along with me. He is the kind that hurt others for the fun and pleasure of it, and he is also the sort of person that, as a child could remember a wrongdoing for month and build and build untill the day he got his revenge, and it was always a nasty one! He almost killed me once... I broke his favorite toy. I would lie if I said it was an accident id lie, but I pretended nothing was wrong for months, and then one day fishing at the creek, I was pilking river crab close to the waters edge, he waited for the perfect opportune moment and then he pushed my face in and kept it down with his hands and body. I had no chance and felt my life leaving me along with the oxygen! I died! I promise you I did! He killed me!!! (Haern is getting upset, this is an argument he's had before, perhaps a key argument).

Haern look around for a glass of wine, and quickly find one, (an exceptional vintage) And downs two glasses.

When I died, my mind reached out for anything willing to hear my plea! I wasnt hesitant when my call was answered! Someone promised me retribution and I took it! What I know now, make me rethink if its worth it...

Haern is now even more fearfull...

Everytime He intervenes, I feel like drowning all over again, Im told it looks like im just passing out... sure doesnt feel like a tranquil decent into darkness... HA! And the ironic part of this!

Haern almost tears up, but the years of struggle has dried up his tears.

My argument about him killing me, was the argument that forced me into the asylum, I was told never to lie, and I was sure my mother, at least would belive me! But every truth I told only buried me even deeper! And every time I begged for religion or arcana to help me prove my experience, none! NONE!!! were available to back up my experience [/B] But my cousins family has alot of power, and thus my cousin... The nail in the coffin was when I found that my new "connection" had given me powers I didnt have before... I was deemed a male witch or Hag... and sentenced to burn on the stake, but atleast my family had some measure of influence...

Haern fades away in a haze of bad memories...

A tear runs down his chin... And with a voice that almost breaks

My birthname isnt even Haern, Its Tristan, but that name died with me, and I was born a namebrother with the only person, a cleric, that belived what I told him... Unfortunately he had an alcohol problem, and was found dead after a few month since I got to know him.

When Haern is done talking, I look at the bottle of wine, now empty, rise to get another, and takes a sip.

Funny, you are the first one ever to know this story other than the Cleric Haern... Im sorry if Ive damned you with a curse!

And then we go to the university... just to get the timeline straight.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 03:09 PM
OCC: forgot sheriff, who plays him? 25 gp to each of you. I roll insight before I hand over the 75gp: Roll 18+1=19

This story is told in Haerns room, supplied with various alcohol by demand. especially good wine!

And to answer the less pleasant question Haern sigh, looking fearful and with a hint of resignation.

That was Syrn Bloodweld, my cousin. A nasty fella if you ever met one! And someone Id never wish upon anyone as an enemy. And now I fear you are stuck with him along with me. He is the kind that hurt others for the fun and pleasure of it, and he is also the sort of person that, as a child could remember a wrongdoing for month and build and build untill the day he got his revenge, and it was always a nasty one! He almost killed me once... I broke his favorite toy. I would lie if I said it was an accident id lie, but I pretended nothing was wrong for months, and then one day fishing at the creek, I was pilking river crab close to the waters edge, he waited for the perfect opportune moment and then he pushed my face in and kept it down with his hands and body. I had no chance and felt my life leaving me along with the oxygen! I died! I promise you I did! He killed me!!! (Haern is getting upset, this is an argument he's had before, perhaps a key argument).

Haern look around for a glass of wine, and quickly find one, (an exceptional vintage) And downs two glasses.

When I died, my mind reached out for anything willing to hear my plea! I wasnt hesitant when my call was answered! Someone promised me retribution and I took it! What I know now, make me rethink if its worth it...

Haern is now even more fearfull...

Everytime He intervenes, I feel like drowning all over again, Im told it looks like im just passing out... sure doesnt feel like a tranquil decent into darkness... HA! And the ironic part of this!

Haern almost tears up, but the years of struggle has dried up his tears.

My argument about him killing me, was the argument that forced me into the asylum, I was told never to lie, and I was sure my mother, at least would belive me! But every truth I told only buried me even deeper! And every time I begged for religion or arcana to help me prove my experience, none! NONE!!! were available to back up my experience [/B] But my cousins family has alot of power, and thus my cousin... The nail in the coffin was when I found that my new "connection" had given me powers I didnt have before... I was deemed a male witch or Hag... and sentenced to burn on the stake, but atleast my family had some measure of influence...

Haern fades away in a haze of bad memories...

A tear runs down his chin... And with a voice that almost breaks

My birthname isnt even Haern, Its Tristan, but that name died with me, and I was born a namebrother with the only person, a cleric, that belived what I told him... Unfortunately he had an alcohol problem, and was found dead after a few month since I got to know him.

When Haern is done talking, I look at the bottle of wine, now empty, rise to get another, and takes a sip.

Funny, you are the first one ever to know this story other than the Cleric Haern... Im sorry if Ive damned you with a curse!

And then we go to the university... just to get the timeline straight.

The SHeriff is an NPC along with Chinwe. The 2 other PCS are Kyras and Mordecai (Doctor Dash).

DM7581
2015-10-17, 03:49 PM
Kyras thinks this guy Haern is a loon, but if my @ss is going to be on the line because of his crazy cousin, I will hold him responsible. Better keep him close (at the very least as a body shield).

Sounds interesting, this excursion... Especially with your twin out and about after us. Who is in?

I want in. It might be beneficial for us to get out of the city for a while with the crazy cousin running about...

I will check back with Chinwe (did he come with us or stay with the Sheriff?). I want to also check if the Sheriff is suitable to travel or too sick. If he comes, fine. If he can't, I give him 75 gp to live well. 25 from my cut of the 100 plus 50 from the excursion. That with his original 25, gives him a cool 100 GP. That should last him a while.

Of course, if he does come, he just gets his 25 and his own 50 from the excursion (75 total).

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:02 PM
Kyras thinks this guy Haern is a loon, but if my @ss is going to be on the line because of his crazy cousin, I will hold him responsible. Better keep him close (at the very least as a body shield).

Sounds interesting, this excursion... Especially with your twin out and about after us. Who is in?

I want in. It might be beneficial for us to get out of the city for a while with the crazy cousin running about...

I will check back with Chinwe (did he come with us or stay with the Sheriff?). I want to also check if the Sheriff is suitable to travel or too sick. If he comes, fine. If he can't, I give him 75 gp to live well. 25 from my cut of the 100 plus 50 from the excursion. That with his original 25, gives him a cool 100 GP. That should last him a while.

Of course, if he does come, he just gets his 25 and his own 50 from the excursion (75 total).

Chinwe actually came along to the lecture (drawing snooty or curious glances from the stuffy academics). Did anyone buy him proper clothes or is he still in a loincloth? Sheriff will sit this one out and guard your hideout. He thanks you for the gold, but just takes 30, enough for food and medicine for a few days.

DM7581
2015-10-17, 04:10 PM
Chinwe actually came along to the lecture (drawing snooty or curious glances from the stuffy academics). Did anyone buy him proper clothes or is he still in a loincloth? Sheriff will sit this one out and guard your hideout. He thanks you for the gold, but just takes 30, enough for food and medicine for a few days.

I kinda like Chinwe in the loin cloth. That sounded super creepish, but I won't backspace here. Of course we get him better clothing.

Kyras is a bit out of sorts having money on him for once, so he may be a bit on the frivolous/generous side in spending.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:40 PM
Mission Commander: "Excellent. It seems everyone is ready. Follow me to the airship." You all board the ship with 4 of the other adventurers who are going with you. The commander continues: "We found this passage by accident, when ghouls began to pour out of one of our sewers en masse. We have gassed the entire area and killed most of them, but there may be a few strays about. That shouldnt be a problem for you. However, the gas will linger, so we have provided you with military grade gasmasks. They will restrict your vision but protect you against a variety of fumes. And you may keep them afterwards. Once you get below the sewers into the Lost City area, you can remove your gasmasks. It won't have penetrated that deep. Fare well, ladies and gentlemen."

Pick out what you like, write it down in a post, and let me know whether to continue.

Equipment:

Note: encumbrance. I do believe in encumbrance but adding item weights up is tedious, and you're heroes after all... above petty trifles. I prefer a very loose, rp based slot-like system, with wiggle room. A rule of thumb is 2 to 3 light weapons/sidearms (maybe 4 if they're super light like rapiers and pistols), 1 heavy weapons (greatsword), a few tool kits, 1 week food and water is reasonable to be unencumbered. If you have great strength then we can increase that assumption.

I leave you to reasonably judge what you think is appropriate for your character to be unencumbered/light/moderate, etc.

Small items like lamps, oil, vials of alchemy, potions, will not be counted.

Misc Equipment up to 1 per person unless otherwise noted:

Healer's kit per person
1 Survival pack per party (Takes slot of and functions as Healer's Kit with some expanded uses).
Climber's kits per person
Dungeoneer's pack per person
Water proof map cases, quills, paper, compass. 1 per party
1 lantern per person (bullseye or hooded)
Jar of kerosene (as Oil, 5 charges, also fuels lanterns, etc)
Jar of Tar pitch (Oil with double duration, 5 charges. Does not fuel lanterns)
Jar of Magnesium (5 charges, causes flames to flash brightly)
Hard torches (As a Club, plus a torch. 1D4 +1 fire dmg, simple weapon)
Block and tackle
“One Eyed Jack” A tough old pack mule with leather barding.
Crowbars, hammers, sledges, etc. Please do not use them to vandalize the statues!
1 advanced gas mask (immune to certain gases, advantage to save vs others. Disadvantage on Perception checks. Duration: 24 hours total use).
Matches
1 Eldritch Blast Foci for Haern. Rare. 1 time use. Must be equipped in 1 hand. Roll damage twice and take the higher number. Max effect: 1 beam. Duration, instant (1 shot)
Bandolier of 30 revolver bullets and 6 silver bullets on a speed loader device (swap for regular bullets for a bonus action) 1 per party
1 scrolls total for party of Signal Flare. (emits a bright signal in sky)

Alchemy belt pack, 1 per person, containing all of these items.

1 (one) vial each of:
Antitoxin
Basic Poison
Nitric Acid (3d6)
Dr. Peppard's Rock Blood (Choose either P, S, or B damage. Resistance to that damage for 2 rounds).

And 3 vials each of:

Acid (Basic Resin Acid). 2d6
Caustic Alkali. 2d6 or more to alkaline-susceptible creatures.
Natron Salts. 2d6 or more to susceptible creatures.

10 sunstones (activate to use. Emit a green glow equivalent to torch. No heat.)

Let me know what you pick and ill get you into the action!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:42 PM
I kinda like Chinwe in the loin cloth. That sounded super creepish, but I won't backspace here. Of course we get him better clothing.

Kyras is a bit out of sorts having money on him for once, so he may be a bit on the frivolous/generous side in spending.

Cool. You deck Chinwe out in a shirt, cufflinks, slacks, a vest, silk cravate and little top hat. Very classy.

Jidenna - Classic Man ft. Roman GianArthur: http://youtu.be/nsiN0W15w0U

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-17, 04:52 PM
That's uh... that's a tough run o' luck friend.

He walks out of the room. Ten minutes later, room service delivers another bottle of the same wine. (Ooc: how much?)

Sounds jus' like every other legitimate exploration I've done... pay sounds 'bout right... I'll take the job. Y'all comin' with?

Mordecai will drop 20gp off with his business associate and ask her if she wants to take the job. He will stay at that ritzy hotel another night. He got two free days, he's gonna use 'em. Plus it lets him keep an eye on his new companions. and tell her he takes the job.

Boarding the airship, he settles on taking some sunstones, jars of tar, oil, magnesuim, a torch, an alchemy kit, the acids, salts, and alkali, and the bandolier. Also "that there one eye donkey."

(Ooc: can I combine the acids, salts, and neutralizing agent with my bullets? And after I use it, can I keep the speed loader?)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:55 PM

He walks out of the room. Ten minutes later, room service delivers another bottle of the same wine. (Ooc: how much?)

Sounds jus' like every other legitimate exploration I've done... pay sounds 'bout right... I'll take the job. Y'all comin' with?

Mordecai will drop 20gp off with his business associate and ask her if she wants to take the job. He will stay at that ritzy hotel another night. He got two free days, he's gonna use 'em. Plus it lets him keep an eye on his new companions.

OK. Done. You drop off the money. She will stay.

Fast forward a bit now to where you are gearing out for the mission. Ill wait.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:56 PM
Remember its 50g plus commissions. You can stand at the entrance, throw a rock, walk out, and get paid 50g. Ah, government inneficiency!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 05:35 PM

Mordecai will drop 20gp off with his business associate and ask her if she wants to take the job. He will stay at that ritzy hotel another night. He got two free days, he's gonna use 'em. Plus it lets him keep an eye on his new companions. and tell her he takes the job.

Boarding the airship, he settles on taking some sunstones, jars of tar, oil, magnesuim, a torch, an alchemy kit, the acids, salts, and alkali, and the bandolier. Also "that there one eye donkey."

(Ooc: can I combine the acids, salts, and neutralizing agent with my bullets? And after I use it, can I keep the speed loader?)

The alchemy pack contains all that is described inside. No need to pick and choose.

Those agents cannot be combined with bullets in any practical way as they will quickly corrode them, plus the miniscule amount that you can reasonably place in a hollow point wouldnt be enough chemical to really have an impact. However, feel free to invent creative delivery systems.

Keep in mind its one jar of each agent per person (but a jar has 5 charges). For balance reasons, you can't throw a whole jar and do 20d6 acid dmg... Each is its own attack. However, chemicals will scale in strength along with rarity.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 05:45 PM
By the way, those are all actual alchemical compounds that I researched online. Neat huh?

DM7581
2015-10-17, 06:41 PM
Mission Commander: "Excellent. It seems everyone is ready. Follow me to the airship." You all board the ship with 4 of the other adventurers who are going with you. The commander continues: "We found this passage by accident, when ghouls began to pour out of one of our sewers en masse. We have gassed the entire area and killed most of them, but there may be a few strays about. That shouldnt be a problem for you. However, the gas will linger, so we have provided you with military grade gasmasks. They will restrict your vision but protect you against a variety of fumes. And you may keep them afterwards. Once you get below the sewers into the Lost City area, you can remove your gasmasks. It won't have penetrated that deep. Fare well, ladies and gentlemen."

Pick out what you like, write it down in a post, and let me know whether to continue.

Equipment:

Note: encumbrance. I do believe in encumbrance but adding item weights up is tedious, and you're heroes after all... above petty trifles. I prefer a very loose, rp based slot-like system, with wiggle room. A rule of thumb is 2 to 3 light weapons/sidearms (maybe 4 if they're super light like rapiers and pistols), 1 heavy weapons (greatsword), a few tool kits, 1 week food and water is reasonable to be unencumbered. If you have great strength then we can increase that assumption.

I leave you to reasonably judge what you think is appropriate for your character to be unencumbered/light/moderate, etc.

Small items like lamps, oil, vials of alchemy, potions, will not be counted.

Misc Equipment up to 1 per person unless otherwise noted:

Healer's kit per person
1 Survival pack per party (Takes slot of and functions as Healer's Kit with some expanded uses).
Climber's kits per person
Dungeoneer's pack per person
Water proof map cases, quills, paper, compass. 1 per party
1 lantern per person (bullseye or hooded)
Jar of kerosene (as Oil, 5 charges, also fuels lanterns, etc)
Jar of Tar pitch (Oil with double duration, 5 charges. Does not fuel lanterns)
Jar of Magnesium (5 charges, causes flames to flash brightly)
Hard torches (As a Club, plus a torch. 1D4 +1 fire dmg, simple weapon)
Block and tackle
“One Eyed Jack” A tough old pack mule with leather barding.
Crowbars, hammers, sledges, etc. Please do not use them to vandalize the statues!
1 advanced gas mask (immune to certain gases, advantage to save vs others. Disadvantage on Perception checks. Duration: 24 hours total use).
Matches
1 Eldritch Blast Foci for Haern. Rare. 1 time use. Must be equipped in 1 hand. Roll damage twice and take the higher number. Max effect: 1 beam. Duration, instant (1 shot)
Bandolier of 30 revolver bullets and 6 silver bullets on a speed loader device (swap for regular bullets for a bonus action) 1 per party
1 scrolls total for party of Signal Flare. (emits a bright signal in sky)

1 (one) vial each of:
Antitoxin
Basic Poison
Nitric Acid (3d6)
Dr. Peppard's Rock Blood (Choose either P, S, or B damage. Resistance to that damage for 2 rounds).

And 3 vials each of:

Acid (Basic Resin Acid). 2d6
Caustic Alkali. 2d6 to alkaline-susceptible creatures.
Natron 2d6. to salt susceptible creatures.

10 sunstones (activate to use. Emit a green glow equivalent to torch. No heat.)

Let me know what you pick and ill get you into the action!

Very cool. I take 1 each of everything if allowed.

So, with my new found wealth, I kick back and relax until the action starts. Probably get drunk. Yes, definitely get drunk and have a good time. I try not to lose all my money if gambling comes up.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 06:47 PM
Very cool. I take 1 each of everything if allowed.

So, with my new found wealth, I kick back and relax until the action starts. Probably get drunk. Yes, definitely get drunk and have a good time. I try not to lose all my money if gambling comes up.

No prob. 1 of each except where it says 1 per party. Since no one has claimed the 1 per party items, this means you have grabbed them (the survival pack and the signal flare scroll and whatever else is 1 per party).

Don't get too comfy, the entrance is within city limits. Airship ride is 15 mins. I mean...you're free to get drunk. No one will stop you.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 06:53 PM
You see some old magazines on the airship

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/446208275553981431/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/446208275553981342/

Ketiara
2015-10-17, 07:21 PM
I'll grab the foci, and a pack and mask of course. And if there's any 1pr party items left that none wants I'll grab that as well.
I'll have a glass of wine to sooth my nerves with Kyras. Will it make sense to keep Mads in a extra dimensional plane (out of the way) or will he be able to handle the fumes?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 07:31 PM
I'll grab the foci, and a pack and mask of course. And if there's any 1pr party items left that none wants I'll grab that as well.
I'll have a glass of wine to sooth my nerves with Kyras. Will it make sense to keep Mads in a extra dimensional plane (out of the way) or will he be able to handle the fumes?

Prob best to dismiss him for now, unless he has some advantages against poison?

Ketiara
2015-10-17, 07:35 PM
Prob best to dismiss him for now, unless he has some advantages against poison?

I could dismiss it and summon a quasit... That sucker is immune to poison.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 07:38 PM
“There is one more matter which I have forgotten to mention,” says the commander. “Take these waders, they will serve you well.” You all put on long, waterproof leather boots. “Remember to put on your gasmasks.”

Around 5 pm, as the sun starts to dim down and dip behind the walls and cast long shadows, the ship drops you off on the southeast edge of sector 2. Streets around the buildings have been blocked off, and there's bloodstains and the bodies of ghouls strewn about near a sewer entrance, which is still spewing forth pus colored gas. Many sewers are sealed off, but thieves and smugglers pick the locks, maintenance workers forget to lock them, or the locks just corrode with the salt leaching in from the bay nearby.

You light up your lanterns, loosen up your weapon sheathes, and approach the entrance. There are 4 npc's with you, who are sizing you all up and talking in low voices with each other.

1. Abner. Lightly armed half elf.
2. Elizabeth. A female tiefling engineer
3. Lawrence. Some kind of human magician
4. Cormac. A dwarf type with a greataxe

Questions:

Do you put on the gasmasks or try to con save your way through it? Remember its disadvantage to perception, but immunity to this particular gas.

Who is doing what roles? You can keep an eye out, navigate, draw a map, forage, or track (PHB pg 183). Remember you're getting commission on any maps you make of the Lost City area that you explore (not the sewer area, they already have maps for that).

The airship takes off. You all pause outside the entrance. The other group says "Go ahead...you first." As they smirk at.you all.

Actions?

Sewer images:

http://alexlinde.deviantart.com/art/Sewer-Exit-298928909

http://marmad.deviantart.com/art/Sewers-Witcher3-Marek-Madej-458099636

http://www.goodfon.su/download/thief-games-garrett-sewers/1920x1080

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-17, 09:28 PM
Us first? Mordicai asks, afixing his gasmask to the donkey. If y'all insist.

He draws both guns and steps closer to the entrance.

I'll take lookout. This top level won't have much for us. We move fast, get through the gas to the good stuff below.

He steps into the gas confidently.
Constitution Save: 16+1 (17)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 09:40 PM
Us first? Mordicai asks, afixing his gasmask to the donkey. If y'all insist.

He draws both guns and steps closer to the entrance.

I'll take lookout. This top level won't have much for us. We move fast, get through the gas to the good stuff below.

He steps into the gas confidently.
Constitution Save: 16+1 (17)

Lol. Nice. You step in hard core without a mask. Chinwe looks at the other group of strangers and scoffs. "pusses." He says, voice muffled by his mask, and follows you in, holding a lantern in one hand and his small quarter staff in the other.

Thus being embarrassed by both you and an 11 year old, the cocky grins of the other group are quickly dispelled.

One Eye Jack, the mule, seems greatly irritated by the mask. He knocks it off, looks like he's about to kick you but changes his mind, snorts, and grouchily follows you in. Apparently, he's unperturbed by the fumes. You notice part of his tail is missing, and he's covered in scars.

Probably a good idea to hold on to the mask. The gas will start to affect you eventually.

Ketiara
2015-10-18, 11:43 AM
Haern has dismissed Mads and summoned Rasmus an imp, this imp has taken shape of a rat. It's immune to poison and a bunch of other stuff, and I'll use it as a scout because it's invisible.

Haern puts on his gas mask, and follow suit.
I'll take it upon me to make a map, I reckon I'm pretty decent with a pen from my forgery skill. I also have the tools and parchment to do it. Furthermore I'll use prestidigitation to keep the map clean if not safe from the surroundings.
What check should I use? And I ask someone with high survival skill to help me know which way is north at all times. (The players handbook doesn't sell compasses)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-18, 11:51 AM
Haern has dismissed Mads and summoned Rasmus an imp, this imp has taken shape of a rat. It's immune to poison and a bunch of other stuff, and I'll use it as a scout because it's invisible.

Haern puts on his gas mask, and follow suit.
I'll take it upon me to make a map, I reckon I'm pretty decent with a pen from my forgery skill. I also have the tools and parchment to do it. Furthermore I'll use prestidigitation to keep the map clean if not safe from the surroundings.
What check should I use? And I ask someone with high survival skill to help me know which way is north at all times. (The players handbook doesn't sell compasses)

Compass was included.

Anyone know if there's a rule for drawing a map? Otherwise ill make an int check in secret... Just to keep.it interesting.

We still need one person to navigate using the existing maps. Haern, you can do that right now as you don't need to draw maps at this point (city gave you sewer maps, they want maps made of any Lost City areas you find).

Haven't heard from Kyras, ill give him a few hours then move on.

DM7581
2015-10-18, 10:56 PM
Gas mask and boots a go. Since I don't want my perception to be a liability, I'll be right behind whoever takes point... Sneakily.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 02:25 PM
You head inside the sewer, theres fresh bloodstains on the walls and blood streaks where the bodies of gassed ghouls have been mostly cleared up. Occasional graffiti is legible in the dimness. “EAT ME!” says one. About half an hour in, twisting and winding on the directions of Haern, who is navigating* you head down a broad flight of stairs into knee high sludge. Mordecai, as the only one without a mask you nearly gag on the stench. There is something fouler here than just drainage. Bodies of ghouls litter the area, freshly dead, blood draining from their ears, mouth and eyes from the gas attack.

Mordecai, the remnants of gas stings your throat and makes your eyes water, but you're fine for now. Its about 15 feet across here. Mordecai is first, then Kyras butt in behind him. Haern can be behind Kyras or on either side. Chinwe is behind and to the right, so that he can hold a bullseye lantern from behind you and won't create your shadows. In his other hand he is leading One Eye Jack, the mule.

Anyone else holding lamps or anything? Specify if so.

Behind Chinwe and the mule is the other group, walking three side by side: the slim and lightly armed Abner, the tiefling engineer named Elizabeth, the magic user of some kind named Lawrence, and taking rear guard is Cormac, the dwarf warrior.

They continue to speak closely to one another. Chinwe gets fed up hearing them mumbling constantly and turns his head them and says “Stop whispering like mice and do something! Even the mule is braver than you four! He's far ahead of you. Pfft.”

Elizabeth says : “Tell your trained chimp to watch his mouth.”

Chinwe says “I will turn INTO a chimp and beat your ass!”

Elizabeth stops, and half draws a complicated and dangerous looking mechanical weapon, but stops short of actually pointing it at Chinwe.

“WHAT did you say?!”

Actions?

*Haern, unless you have darkvision, you'll need one hand on the map and an appropriate light source near you, which may or may not make both your hands full. Chinwe is using a bullseye so that you all can see further, so it doesn't illuminate enough for you to correctly read a map. Keep it in mind if you get in combat. You are free to find creative ways to light what you're seeing and still have 1 hand free to cast.

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 02:52 PM
You head inside the sewer, theres fresh bloodstains on the walls and blood streaks where the bodies of gassed ghouls have been mostly cleared up. Occasional graffiti is legible in the dimness. “EAT ME!” says one. About half an hour in, twisting and winding on the directions of Haern, who is navigating* you head down a broad flight of stairs into knee high sludge. Mordecai, as the only one without a mask you nearly gag on the stench. There is something fouler here than just drainage. Bodies of ghouls litter the area, freshly dead, blood draining from their ears, mouth and eyes from the gas attack.

Mordecai, the remnants of gas stings your throat and makes your eyes water, but you're fine for now. Its about 15 feet across here. Mordecai is first, then Kyras butt in behind him. Haern can be behind Kyras or on either side. Chinwe is behind and to the right, so that he can hold a bullseye lantern from behind you and won't create your shadows. In his other hand he is leading One Eye Jack, the mule.

Anyone else holding lamps or anything? Specify if so.

Behind Chinwe and the mule is the other group, walking three side by side: the slim and lightly armed Abner, the tiefling engineer named Elizabeth, the magic user of some kind named Lawrence, and taking rear guard is Cormac, the dwarf warrior.

They continue to speak closely to one another. Chinwe gets fed up hearing them mumbling constantly and turns his head them and says “Stop whispering like mice and do something! Even the mule is braver than you four! He's far ahead of you. Pfft.”

Elizabeth stops, and half draws a complicated and dangerous looking mechanical weapon, but stops short of actually pointing it at Chinwe.

“WHAT did you say?!”

Actions?

*Haern, unless you have darkvision, you'll need one hand on the map and an appropriate light source near you, which may or may not make both your hands full. Chinwe is using a bullseye so that you all can see further, so it doesn't illuminate enough for you to correctly read a map. Keep it in mind if you get in combat. You are free to find creative ways to light what you're seeing and still have 1 hand free to cast.

I have darkvision, and I also have a familiar that has perfect vision in this enviroment, and we have perfect communication telepatically Im actually seeing what he is seeing.

Haern quickly steps up to quench the argument, he uses a two step approach.
With a hissing voice as whispering aloud!
"Hay! You need to get with the program! We cant have a split group! If you wont step up we will have to leave you, or force you back!
Intimidate: roll 13+5=18

And then with a softer voice.
"And neither of us want that, we could really use your help, but if you are with us, you need to follow my directions!
Roll 19+5= 24 persuasion.

And as we move on I say softly to the ones around me

"Im sorry I had to take front here, now please help me make good decisions!"

Keep in mind I have my imp scouting around 100ft ahead of me letting me know everything thats incomming. And I relay that to the front man of our groupe, forgot who that is.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 03:00 PM

“WHAT did you say?!”

Actions?

Intimidation: 3+5 (8)
Grit point for advantage: 19+5 (24)

Mordecai points one gun at Elizabeth.

Draw your weapon on that child and I'll see to it you never leave this sewer. Kid, quit bein' a punkass.

He turns before his eyes well up from the poisonous air in his lungs and eyes.

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 03:02 PM
Intimidation: 3+5 (8)
Grit point for advantage: 19+5 (24)

Mordecai points one gun at Elizabeth.

Draw your weapon on that child and I'll see to it you never leave this sewer. Kid, quit bein' a punkass.

He turns before his eyes well up from the poisonous air in his lungs and eyes.

please check my action and see what happnes? or if you have already read it, then nevermind what I just wrote ;D

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 03:31 PM
please check my action and see what happnes? or if you have already read it, then nevermind what I just wrote ;D

I edited my post, I'll let you handle it. This way I can save my grit points for combat situations, and nobody gets threatened with death. Win-win! bitch is going down if she shoots that kid.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 04:11 PM
NO need for that. You all do those actions you wrote, they just ha penned at the.same.time.

Mordecai.I liked your original action and will use it. You can spare yourself the grit if you want.

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 04:28 PM
NO need for that. You all do those actions you wrote, they just ha penned at the.same.time.

Mordecai.I liked your original action and will use it. You can spare yourself the grit if you want.

okey so, whats the reaction?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 05:03 PM
This is exactly what happens in tense situations. People react in their own ways, sometimes contradictory ways.

Cormac steps in front of Elizabeth with hands out, shielding her.from.Mordecais gun. "Miss Elizabeth, calm down. He's a.child." Elizabeth relaxes, but you can see her glaring at you through her gas mask.

Cormac continues:

"Lower your weapons. No need for that. Lets just get the job done and.go home. Everyone... Lower your weapons." He looks off to the side, where Abner steps out of a hiding place, sliding a blade back in his sheath while gazing at you with a cocky smirk "heh." Sneaky, sneaky... Lawrence (the other human) has an inscrutable expression. You can't quite make it out.

Remember persuasion may have effects that aren't noticeable at first.

You go on, and it gets cooler, causing some of the gas to condense in a thick dark yellow blanket a few feet above the ground, while whisps of gas and ambient mist create light obscurity.

Uo ahead, you hear a series of choking groans that sound like a person trying to utter words, followed by rapid loud raspy breathless panting.Then the choked half-words again. "He-...Cr-.... Yyy-..." Then more panting.

You can tell its up ahead but can't see it. It sounds like a person in distress.

Action?

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 05:14 PM
You can tell its up ahead but can't see it. It sounds like a person in distress.

Action?

I don't know how much Mordecai knows about what the imp/rat is seeing, but I'll do an insight check before running up to help someone.

Insight Roll: 1 (Critical Fail)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 05:19 PM
I don't know how much Mordecai knows about what the imp/rat is seeing, but I'll do an insight check before running up to help someone.

Insight Roll: 1 (Critical Fail)

Imp pov was factored in alrdy. It can't tell either.

Action?

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 05:22 PM
Imp pov was factored in alrdy. It can't tell either.

Action?

I throw a sunstone that way as far as I can!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 05:25 PM
I throw a sunstone that way as far as I can!

As youre in the process of doing that, Mordecai, Kyras, actions?

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 05:39 PM
As youre in the process of doing that, Mordecai, Kyras, actions?

As im about to go to sleep I thought id predict my action, if its not an option or a stupid option ofcourse Iwont do itm but as DM ill alow you to fit my action just to speed things along.

ok so here goes my action:
If we are attacked or about to be attacked and we roll initiative:
Initiative: 11+2= 13

Bonus Action: Cast Hex

Action/move:
I attack the closest mob, without regards to the type etc... just an eldrich blast.
Roll 10+5= 15; (1d10)8+(1d6)5+3 = 16 dam and disadvantage to Str checks

Speak:
If anyone feel I need to weaken them in another ability, let me know. Otherwise ill just default Strength

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 05:55 PM
Mordecai gestures everyone to ready their weapons, and he does the same.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 06:11 PM
Mordecai gestures everyone to ready their weapons, and he does the same.

Ok. So you don't go to help.

Haern tosses a sun stone. It makes a little puckered hole in the thick blanket of gas, and its green light emits a sinister glow within the pus colored gas.

The choking and panting sounds stop. Its now totally silent, with you all tensely waiting for something to happen... Time is going by.

Action?

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 06:18 PM
Ok. So you don't go to help.

Haern tosses a sun stone. It makes a little puckered hole in the thick blanket of gas, and its green light emits a sinister glow within the pus colored gas.

The choking and panting sounds stop. Its now totally silent, with you all tensely waiting for something to happen... Time is going by.

Action?

Ill make an insight check to what I was just listening to; 3+5= 8 (damn).

Come on guys!!! I cast mirror image on myself and walk into the mist!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 06:26 PM
Mordecai advances on the source of the noise. If the sunstone isn't close enough to illuminate the creature, he kicks it closer on his way.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 06:34 PM
Haern, and Mordecai as you walk forward, you hear a faint agonal gasp (last gasp before someone dies). By the time you reach the body, its dead. It was beneath the thick blanket of gas over the floor so you couldn't see it until you got close.

It looked to be a homeless man, blood coming out of his head. His expression was one of twisted, confused anger, bloodshot eyes bulging out of the sockets and the mouth drawn into a wide, toothy grimace.

DM7581
2015-10-19, 06:44 PM
Seeing that Chinwe's situation has been appropriately de-escalated, I mind my business, but I do try to get as good a read as I can on the feisty b!tch.

Kyras has a rapier in one hand and a lantern in the other unless someone else has claimed lighting duty.

For now, I'll hang back as a "support" type and observe everyone else's actions.

I check to see how the guy died. Any wounds or did he die of the gas? I keep my eyes peeled for anything suspicious, especially from the other group.

Insight: 9+2=11
Investigation: 4+2=6
Perception: 18/18+2=20

Or whichever applies.

Ketiara
2015-10-19, 06:44 PM
Haern, and Mordecai as you walk forward, you hear a faint agonal gasp (last gasp before someone dies). By the time you reach the body, its dead. It was beneath the thick blanket of gas over the floor so you couldn't see it until you got close.

It looked to be a homeless man, blood coming out of his head. His expression was one of twisted, confused anger, bloodshot eyes bulging out of the sockets and the mouth drawn into a wide, toothy grimace.

Haern looks to the others.. " nevermind why or how he is here!! theres no logic reason! lets move on!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-19, 06:46 PM
Mordecai briefly lowers his weapons. He puts the gas mask up to his face for a few clean breaths of air.

Sucks to be him, but it woulda happened sooner or later... maybe not quite so gruesome. Livin' in ghoul territory, he wern't long for this world. Let's keep movin'.

He takes another few breaths of air, stows the gas mask, and raises his weapons again, stepping further into the mist.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 07:30 PM
Nicely played everyone.

Kyras, your investigation reveals many wounds in various stages of healing. This indicates that he had been continuously getting injured for quite some time. Also, the expression on his face and features are almost inhuman. However it seems like the gas did him in.

Kyras, Observing the other.group, your.insights seem.to indicate that the female Elizabeth is the alpha. The wizard ish guy Lawrence is very poker faced, you can't tell what his deal is. Cormac The fighter doesn't come.across.as.entirely hostile, but he seems loyal, even a little submissive of Elizabeth. The agile man is.a.rogue. One knows another.

Mordecai once again takes the lead. The other group seems a little more cooperateive now, perhaps due to Haerns persuasion and Mordecai intimidating the leader. Haern, remember that If you're navigating, you don't contribute perception rolls.

Chinwe.and.Kyras are holding lamps.

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 12:02 AM
Perhaps ot would be easier/faster if you rolled groupe perception and groupe stealth checks?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 10:11 AM
Perhaps ot would be easier/faster if you rolled groupe perception and groupe stealth checks?

I like the PHB way. Your task and position in the party determines your eligibility for perception rolls.

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 10:22 AM
I like the PHB way. Your task and position in the party determines your eligibility for perception rolls.

Yes of course then it would be an auto fail from me. No reason not to combine both.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 10:35 AM
Does this mean we are doing more perception checks? Passive perception could easily be used as well, if you know everyones. I think mine is 10.

Mordecai tries to focus on what lays ahead, searching for a way into the lower levels.

Perception roll: 13+0 (13)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 10:44 AM
You head up a flight of stairs, in which gas is cascading down thickly like soft clouds. Its getting very potent here, and Mordecai has to slip on his gas mask. One Eye Jack seems fine.

You emerge in a large chamber which you guess to be a station for the special carriages that transported citizens underground in the ancient times. Despite more than a millennia of neglect, the buildings of the ancients are still intact. Only a few stones are crumbling, though the area is overgrown with moss and fungi, and a coating of dirt and.grime everywhere. There are benches and alcoves where perhaps there once were kiosks selling refreshments and souvenirs.

You see some canisters here that are still leaking some gas. This must be why its so potent here. Skylights overhead illuminate tall columns in the strong pale Light.of the full moon. Growing on the columns and all over the walls are thick vines which were able to capitalize on the availability of light.

A long channel.where the carriages ran runs down the middle about 8 feet deep. On either side of the long room.are stairwells, the one leading up seems to have collapsed, and the one on the far side of you seems to head.downwards. According to Haern.who.is navigating, both the downward stairs and the channel are viable routes.

As you all march a.ways in, Mordecai who is in the lead says. "Huh? Thought I saw something"

Mordecai, signalling the group to be alert and guns drawn, cautiously approaches a.column. Looks around at it carefully, then says. "Must have been nothing. Can't see a thing with this stupid mask." Just as.he is about to turn around, the vine lashes out at his face. He avoids the attack with gunsligers reflexes, as all the vines surrounding everyone suddenly move with dreadful intention, filling the room with thorny tendrils preparing to slash and smother you all.

Initiative!

if you make a.nature check.of ten.or more, you will identify thsee creatures as vine blights

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 10:46 AM
Does this mean we are doing more perception checks? Passive perception could easily be used as well, if you know everyones. I think mine is 10.

Mordecai tries to focus on what lays ahead, searching for a way into the lower levels.

Perception roll: 13+0 (13)

You do.contribute perception because you declared you're scouting and are in the lead. The masks give a disadvantage to perception, but you weren't wearing one until this scene.

People behind you don't contribute to objects up ahead, but they do to anything coming up from Behind. People can also navigate, draw A map, or forage. Check Travel section in PHB for details.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 10:49 AM
Yes of course then it would be an auto fail from me. No reason not to combine both.

Its not that.you fail per se, you are navgating, which is just as important as perception, if not more so.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 11:01 AM
Ooc: I'm just going to start copy/pasting straight from rolz.

Initiative roll: 1D20+3 => 21

For my Ambuscade (if I can use that) I would like to shoot the nearest vine. 1D20+5 => 17 ; 1D6+3 => 7

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 11:12 AM
Haerns voice muffled by the mask.
"What matter of evil is this! Moving plants"
Nature check: 2+0=2
Initiative: 13+2=15

DM7581
2015-10-20, 11:25 AM
Initiative: 16+3=19

I have my rapier drawn in one hand and the lantern in the other.

En guarde everyone! It seems these wretched vines have minds of their own! Chinwe, what can you tell me about these things?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 11:34 AM
You can certainly use.ambuscade as it occurs before initiative.

I'm.in.school and don't have the monster stats. Vine.blights are.on pg 33 of the mm. Can someone post up their hp AC and.attack? I remember their special so nO need to copy that.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 11:42 AM
Can someone post up their hp AC and.attack? I remember their special so nO need to copy that.

AC: 12
Attack: 2d6+2 (9) Bludgeoning damage. On a hit, a target is grappled (Save DC 12)
HP: 26

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 11:59 AM
Initiative: 16+3=19

I have my rapier drawn in one hand and the lantern in the other.

En guarde everyone! It seems these wretched vines have minds of their own! Chinwe, what can you tell me about these things?

These are plants corrupted by evil spirits. They will entangle you if you are close enough or if they hit you with a vine!

No special weaknesses or resistances. I think.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 12:02 PM
there are 4 vines, each in one quadrant surrounding your group. Your group is in the center of the quadrants.

Initiative 11

Nw vine Destroyed
Ne vine
Se vine
Sw vine

Post up initiative.actions, hit and dmg rolls, and which vine you attack!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 12:14 PM
Mordecai keeps plugging away at the NW Vine.

1D20+5 => (16 + 5) = 21 ; 1D6+3 => 7 (4 bullets left on Revolver 1)
1D20+5 => (8 + 5) = 13 ; 1D6+3 => 4 (5 bullets left on Revolver 2)

Muffled expletives can be heard through his gas mask between shots.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 12:33 PM
Mordecai keeps plugging away at the NW Vine.

1D20+5 => (16 + 5) = 21 ; 1D6+3 => 7 (4 bullets left on Revolver 1)
1D20+5 => (8 + 5) = 13 ; 1D6+3 => 4 (5 bullets left on Revolver 2)

Muffled expletives can be heard through his gas mask between shots.

Lol. Nice image. The vine starts to look saggy and droopy. "Curse you, you jackbootted ruffian!" It says (Apparently they can speak).

You don't have to post all those numbers. Just your damage is fine, and just honor your bullets in the revolver... It would be tedious.for you to have to keep writing that.

At the thunderous sounds of gun blasts, a mass of hysterical screaming creatures can be heard in the depths...

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 12:36 PM
there are 4 vines, each in one quadrant surrounding your group. Your group is in the center of the quadrants.

Initiative 11

Nw vine 9 damage taken.
Ne vine
Se vine
Sw vine

Post up initiative.actions, hit and dmg rolls, and which vine you attack!

Initiative: 15 (rolled previously)

I use my bonus to cast Hex on myself, and then ill eldrich blast the same target as Mordecai.

Att: 15+5=20

Dam: (1d10)6+(1d6)5+3 = 14 damage.

If I manage to knock it down I gain 6 temporary hitpoints.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 12:40 PM
Initiative: 15 (rolled previously)

I use my bonus to cast Hex on myself, and then ill eldrich blast the same target as Mordecai.

Dam: (1d10)6+(1d6)5+3 = 14 damage.

If I manage to knock it down I gain 6 temporary hitpoints.

The eldritch blast withers it to a husk. "Damn youuuuuuu!" It squeals.

NW vine dead. Its leaves begin to fall off.

"Ack! You killed Roger, you bastard!" Says the NE vine. "Die a thorny death!"

Seems like even the plants have gone crazy.

DM7581
2015-10-20, 05:16 PM
Swing at the nearest vine that is engaged in melee so I can get my sneak attack in.

4+5=9 (a miss!)

That sucks. I will dual wield, dropping the lantern and drawing a dagger, swinging as a bonus action, and also use a hero point.

9+5+5=19

I think that hits.

2+4=6 damage (I don't gain Dex modifier to damage)

Still kinda sucks, but whatever.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 05:50 PM
The vine slings its insult at Mordecai. "Jackbooted...? Ain't nuthin' wrong with my boots!" As he prepares to fire again, the plant withers and cries out. He hears screams further in the distance.

"There's an openin' this way now, I don't think these guys are the real problem. Y'all wanna see what them screams are about, or cross that bridge when we come to it? Err, when it comes to us?"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 06:31 PM
Swing at the nearest vine that is engaged in melee so I can get my sneak attack in.

4+5=9 (a miss!)

That sucks. I will dual wield, dropping the lantern and drawing a dagger, swinging as a bonus action, and also use a hero point.

9+5+5=19

I think that hits.

2+4=6 damage (I don't gain Dex modifier to damage)

Still kinda sucks, but whatever.

Did you roll initiative? If not, thats fine, lets just keep moving. You strike the SE blight (since you were in the back) for 6. "Ha! Your puny knife barely scratched me!" It proclaims.

Chinwe lets go of Jack's lead and produces a little fire, flings it at the trash talking SE vine for 3 damage. The vine is on a roll now. "My word! Not even with fire could you cause me grievious injury! You are a puny little boy!" Chinwe looks embarrassed.

That same SE blight then says, "Take this, fools!" And bursts in entangling vines all around. Kyras and Haern, DC 12 str throw! Everyone in the other group made theirs.Lawrence,Chinwe, Haern, Mord, and One Eye Jack weren't in range. The mule doesn't even flinch at the violence and gunfire. Just stands his ground passively. A real veteran!

The NE plant lashes out at Mordecai. "I will enact vengeance for Roger! Have at you, sir!": Hitting Mordecai for 4 damage and grappling him (dc 12).

The SW blight lashes.at Haern and misses.

Elizabeth pulls out her complicated looking weapon and blasts the SE vine with 3 rays, incinerating it completely. It disintegrates in a puff of ash, freeing Kyras and Haern from any potential Str saves, a fact that she seems to notice. She grins cockily at you all. "That's how its done."

Cormac the fighter runs up to the SW blight and swings with his greataxe, chopping out a huge chunk.

Lawrence half assedly flings a little cantrip at it for negligible damage. He seems to not be willing to cooperate much and is saving his good spells...

Abner, while staring provocatively at you three, doesn't try to show off like Elizabeth. Without taking his eyes off the blight, he pretends to swing at it, deliberately missing. "Oh, what a shame." he says, with a smug, challenging look in his eye.

"What is the matter with you people?!?" Shouts Cormac to his group.

The screaming mob draws closer, with bloodcurdling cries of anger and pain. Its hard to tell which direction it is coming from yet.

2 vines are alive. NE and SW, which is heavily damaged.

Next up, Mordecai. Just follow the order and post actions accordingly, dont wait for my input.

Order:
Mord
Haern
Kyras
Chinwe
Blights
Other group

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 06:35 PM
The vine slings its insult at Mordecai. "Jackbooted...? Ain't nuthin' wrong with my boots!" As he prepares to fire again, the plant withers and cries out. He hears screams further in the distance.

"There's an openin' this way now, I don't think these guys are the real problem. Y'all wanna see what them screams are about, or cross that bridge when we come to it? Err, when it comes to us?"

The screaming mob sounds like its coming from many directions. You cant tell which way you would choose to escape....assuming you can :)

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 09:19 PM
Strength saving throw: 1

DAMMIT, NOT AGAIN! SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.

Mordecai has a bad history with these vine creatures.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 09:21 PM
Strength saving throw: 1

DAMMIT, NOT AGAIN! SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.

Mordecai has a bad history with these vine creatures.

"Haha! I have you in my clutches! Soon you will be little more than fertilizer for me, dastardly villain!" Says the blight.

Mord that was your save. Its now your turn and you have action available.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-20, 10:21 PM
Saving throw to escape: 15

Is that my action, or can I attack? If so,

20 (critical hit!) damage: 15
15 to hit, 5 damage

NEVER AGAIN

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 10:27 PM
Saving throw to escape: 15

Is that my action, or can I attack? If so,

20 (critical hit!) damage: 15
15 to hit, 5 damage

NEVER AGAIN

I believe your action is.to escape, which was successful. However you can attack as.a.bonus action because you're twf. So you crit it for 15.

Haern, Kyras!

DM7581
2015-10-20, 11:25 PM
My initiative was 19.

I move on to either blight so long as another ally is within 5 ft so I can get my sneak attack.

8+5=13, for 13 damage with sneak

I then use my bonus action to Disengage, keeping away from the vines reach.

These monstrosities are quite silver-tongued for having lived beneath even the rats of the city!

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 11:54 PM
I'll shoot at the SW one unless kyras or mordecai killed it.
8+5=13; (1d10)10 +(1d6)1+3 =14dam

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 06:10 AM
Kyras, you slay your target with a sneak attack!

"You strike at me in the back? What matter of villainy- ugh..."

It dies.

Haern, what do you mean shoot? Like with a gun? Spell? I'm assuming a spell.

As your hand glows to prepare a fatal blast, the blight says "Wait! Have mercy! Spare me!"

Haern, you can elect to kill it, or do something else.

The sound of the mob is getting closer! Their voices are humanoid, but you've never heard such terrifying screeches of agony, long wailing cries, and shouts of absolute pure rage.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 06:17 AM
These monstrosities are quite silver-tongued for having lived beneath even the rats of the city!

You notice their tendrils reach up to the surface, past the skylight. Could be that this way they picked up snippets of conversation over the centuries.

Also, their roots seem to extend deep into the passageways and straight down into cracks in the floor.... Perhaps they absorbed some sort of mutagen runoff or even Gaia from the depths...

It is said that all creatures are prone to madness. Perhaps even the plants are too.

Or they're just quirky vines. We may never know!

Ketiara
2015-10-21, 06:24 AM
I use eldrich blast (a cantrip).

Haern is flabbergasted!
"...wait wha..?!"
Then he shakes his head
"Naa this is too wierd!"

And then he eldrich blast. (As described in my previous post)

If it dies, I get 6 temporary hit points, if it lives it has disadvantage to strength checks.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 06:24 AM
OK, you destroy it. You've killed two. Do your temporary hp stack?

Ketiara
2015-10-21, 06:54 AM

Hmm I think so, Rob do they?

But as I read the text (dark ones blessing p 109 in players) they need to be hostile, it surrendered, is it then hostile? I didn't believe it does that count?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 07:02 AM
Hmm I think so, Rob do they?

But as I read the text (dark ones blessing p 109 in players) they need to be hostile, it surrendered, is it then hostile? I didn't believe it does that count?

Interesting question. I'm inclined to think he's still considered hostile.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 08:32 AM
DM call, I guess, but you declared your attack before they surrendered, so I'd say yes to the HP. I think this is more an alignment good-evil debate (honoring an opponent's surrender) more than anything else.

These things are getting close. At least let's be ready for them. Casters in the back! If you can take a hit, get up front with me! Chinwe, right behind me!

I make sure as best as possible that our rear is against a wall and not vulnerable.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 08:34 AM
Kyras, you slay your target with a sneak attack!

"You strike at me in the back? What matter of villainy- ugh..."

It dies.

This is to be remembered.

Ketiara
2015-10-21, 10:53 AM
This is to be remembered.

It is said that all creatures are prone to madness. Perhaps even the plants are too.

Or they're just quirky vines. We may never know!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-21, 02:13 PM

PHB pg 198 states that when you have temporary hit points and you gain temporary hit points, they do not stack but you can use either number. If you have 6 and have the option to gain 4, you can choose 6 or 4, not go up to 10.

I think the reason they don't stack is because temporary hit points don't run out after a set time, so you could theoretically cast false life on yourself 5 times a day for an in-game month and be unstoppable.

Ketiara
2015-10-21, 02:23 PM
PHB pg 198 states that when you have temporary hit points and you gain temporary hit points, they do not stack but you can use either number. If you have 6 and have the option to gain 4, you can choose 6 or 4, not go up to 10.

I think the reason they don't stack is because temporary hit points don't run out after a set time, so you could theoretically cast false life on yourself 5 times a day for an in-game month and be unstoppable.

cool that settles it, thanks!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 05:32 PM
The other group breaks up and forms their own wing.

You arrange yourself facing outwards, Kyras and Mordecai in front and Haern, Chinwe in the rear, in a tight square. One Eye Jack is put in the entrance stairwell. Chinwe nervously points the bullseye lantern's tight circle of light at each entrance, trying to see where they will emerge. You find yourself following the shaky light wherever he points it. You stand in formation while the adrenaline builds up, flushing your skin and causing sweat to drip down into your weapon grip and fogging up the lenses of your gasmask, which amplifies the sound of your heavy breathing. Between the foggy lenses and the gas, its so hard to see. The moon ducked behind a cloud, so now its truly pitch black and muddy when you see dim movement emerge, then stop, as if sizing you up. They're panting and shouting, groaning, or making those half-words that the homeless man made before he died.

Chinwe points the bullseye lantern at the far descending stairwell, illuminating their twisted faces: eyes bulging and bloodshot, the lids wide open making their eyes look like pinpoints. The muscles of their face are hypertonically locked in grimaces of pain and anger, while their lips are pulled back so tightly that nearly all their teeth are showing, looking like something between an insane smile and a rabid dog. "Ghouls!" Someone yells. "Don't let them bite or scratch you!" You may declare a readied action at this point

Most are wearing the same clothes they wore when the infection entered their brain, many tore their own clothes off for some reason. They are saturated in sweat and dehydrated looking. When the light hit them they cover their faces and howl like wolves, then charge in a chaotic mass with odd, jerky, uncoordinated movement. Despite that, they are unnaturally fast, and are upon you in moments. Leaping into the channel and climbing up again to attack you. Some are able to leap clean across the channel, and those are the first to reach you.

You have your back to the far wall and the first row (Kyras and Haern) are about 10 feet from the edge of the channel. I will send a drawing. Five ghouls leaped across first and are charging at you, only visible as a homicidal blur through the foggy lenses and thick atmosphere. Dozens more stream out of the stairwell and far channel on the north side, but its so hard to see! You can declare any action as a readied action and go before the ghouls, however, roll initiative to establish a rotation.

Remember that these aren't traditional ghouls and are not even undead. People just started using the name, and it stuck.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-21, 06:47 PM
Initiative roll: 17
Ambuscade: 12 to hit, 5 damage

My turn: attack anything in range!

18 to hit, 4 damage
20 to hit, 5 damage

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 08:53 PM
Noted. I like to keep an element of anticipation, so ill post the result of the damages once everyone has gone.

None of you have much experience with ghouls (remember you're basically at starting level at Lv 3 in this harsh world), but If you make over 15 you can recall a bit of information on ghouls.

It is a contagious disease that comes in several strains. Several things in common among strains: it is easily transmitted through body fluids, including bites and scratches, but also blood and saliva. Fortunately, ghouls don't often bite very much. Nor are they after fresh human meat at all times.

The disease affects the brain and causes psychosis and agitation. A ghouls main objective is to kill or harm all non infected creatures, not necessarily to eat them. This way, the disease organism propagates itself and spreads to other creatures. It enhances strength and speed but seems to affect fine coordination, producing their characteristic jerky, spastic movements, and habitual tics such as teeth gnashing, rapid blinking, twitching and vocalizations.

However, as living organisms ghouls do consume any viable flesh that they can. Interestingly, they arent so much hungry as ravenously thirsty. Likely due to their high fever and constant perspiration.

Therefore, a ghoul will attempt to pummel anything.it sees to death, bashing it in with hands, stomping feet, and rarely weapons, usually improvised. Most exposures to the ghoul disease thefore result from blood, saliva, or getting scratched. Scratches seem to have a lower traslnsmission rate. Ghouls retain a level of cunning and intelligence but no remnant of personality, instead displaying a herding and imitative tendency. For example, If a ghoul becomes alarmed it alarms the whole herd, even if they're separated. Stranger still, herds have been observed to engage in bizarre spontaneous ritual-like behavior. Though they make word-like sounds, it seems to be a remnant of their old personality and not a means of communication among each other.

The disease is catastrophic to the body, causing high fever and infection very quickly. Ghouls usually don't live too long once the disease is in final state. Therefore, ghouls tend to thrive only in high population areas. Rarely, colonies are reported in remote and unpopulated areas, their mechanism for continuation of the disease without new hosts is unknown.

Anyone bitten, scratched, or exposed to body fluids in an open wound or.mucous membrane (eyes, nose, mouth) can help avoid infection by cleaning or flushing the wound or fluid thoroughly within 1 minute of exposure by making a medicine check of 10 or more.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 10:57 PM
Stupid wizard.com die roller got me at 3 1s in a row:

Initiative: 1+3=5
1+5=6 (likely a miss)
1+5=6 (another miss, with the dagger)

Need some help over here!

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

NOTES
-------------------------
This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 11:09 PM
Stupid wizard.com die roller got me at 3 1s in a row:

Initiative: 1+3=5
1+5=6 (likely a miss)
1+5=6 (another miss, with the dagger)

Need some help over here!

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

NOTES

That's statistically a 1 in 10,000 chance. I would switch rollers if I saw more unusual results.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 11:18 PM
That's statistically a 1 in 10,000 chance. I would switch rollers if I saw more unusual results.

Sorry. I'm drunk. I was rolling 1d1.

Initiative: 12+3=15
Rapier: 19+5=24, 1+3=4 (+5 if sneak, ally within 5 ft.) damage

Might as well swing with the dagger (nowhere to run or hide)

16+5=21, 1 damage

Still crappy rolls.

Roll(1d20)+0:
12,+0
Total:12

Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0
Total:19

Roll(1d20)+0:
16,+0
Total:16

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

NOTES

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-21, 11:27 PM
Stupid wizard.com die roller got me at 3 1s in a row

https://rolz.org/tools/mini#

Its pretty good for mobile, and it has all the modifier/multiple dice stuff.

Plus it has chatrooms on the main site where you can make dice rolls. It would be good if we wanted to get together for an hour a week to knock out a combat or something.

Rolling something higher than a 1d1 might help too.

Ketiara
2015-10-22, 01:02 AM
Noted. I like to keep an element of anticipation, so ill post the result of the damages once everyone has gone.

None of you have much experience with ghouls (remember you're basically at starting level at Lv 3 in this harsh world), but If you make over 15 you can recall a bit of information on ghouls.

It is a contagious disease that comes in several strains. Several things in common among strains: it is easily transmitted through body fluids, including bites and scratches, but also blood and saliva. Fortunately, ghouls don't often bite very much. Nor are they after fresh human meat at all times.

The disease affects the brain and causes psychosis and agitation. A ghouls main objective is to kill or harm all non infected creatures, not necessarily to eat them. This way, the disease organism propagates itself and spreads to other creatures. It enhances strength and speed but seems to affect fine coordination, producing their characteristic jerky, spastic movements, and habitual tics such as teeth gnashing, rapid blinking, twitching and vocalizations.

However, as living organisms ghouls do consume any viable flesh that they can. Interestingly, they arent so much hungry as ravenously thirsty. Likely due to their high fever and constant perspiration.

Therefore, a ghoul will attempt to pummel anything.it sees to death, bashing it in with hands, stomping feet, and rarely weapons, usually improvised. Most exposures to the ghoul disease thefore result from blood, saliva, or getting scratched. Scratches seem to have a lower traslnsmission rate. Ghouls retain a level of cunning and intelligence but no remnant of personality, instead displaying a herding and imitative tendency. For example, If a ghoul becomes alarmed it alarms the whole herd, even if they're separated. Stranger still, herds have been observed to engage in bizarre spontaneous ritual-like behavior. Though they make word-like sounds, it seems to be a remnant of their old personality and not a means of communication among each other.

The disease is catastrophic to the body, causing high fever and infection very quickly. Ghouls usually don't live too long once the disease is in final state. Therefore, ghouls tend to thrive only in high population areas. Rarely, colonies are reported in remote and unpopulated areas, their mechanism for continuation of the disease without new hosts is unknown.

Anyone bitten, scratched, or exposed to body fluids in an open wound or.mucous membrane (eyes, nose, mouth) can help avoid infection by cleaning or flushing the wound or fluid thoroughly within 1 minute of exposure by making a medicine check of 10 or more.

Initiative: 11+2=13

I attack the closest with an eldrich blast
11+5= 16 ; (1d10)10 + (1d6)6 + 3 = 19 dam and if he stands he has disadvantage on str checks.

(btw use my diceroller, its amazing! http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/ )

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 06:46 AM
You all kill 3 of the 4 charging ghouls, and Chinwe kills the 4th with a magic stone. They never even touched you. Good job! But while this was happening, many ghouls had climbed the channel and now rush at you.

They swarm and surround your tight square And
pummel you madly, with unskilled but ferocious strength, foaming at the mouth and spraying saliva and blood at you from various pre existing wounds. Good thing you're covered up in armor and a mask!

Mordecai gets punched for 3
Kyras smacked for 5
Haern slammed for 4

Chinwe is shouting in fear, but admirably holds his position. Kyras is most vulnerable as he is exposed to up to 3 enemies at a time.

Order
Mord
Kyras
Haern
Chinwe
Ghouls

You're all up! Mordecai, go!

if you get 15 and up with disadvantage in perception, you may notice that the gas has already weakened these.ghouls somewhat. Many are already bleeding from.the eyes ears and.mouth.

Ketiara
2015-10-22, 07:05 AM
You all kill 3 of the 4 charging ghouls, and Chinwe kills the 4th with a magic stone. They never even touched you. Good job! But while this was happening, many ghouls had climbed the channel and now rush at you.

They swarm and surround your tight square And
pummel you madly, with unskilled but ferocious strength, foaming at the mouth and spraying saliva and blood at you from various pre existing wounds. Good thing you're covered up in armor and a mask!

Mordecai gets punched for 3
Kyras smacked for 5
Haern slammed for 4

Kyras is most vulnerable as he is exposed to up to 3 enemies at a time.

Order
Mord
Kyras
Haern
Chinwe
Ghouls

You're all up! Mordecai, go!

if you get 15 and up with disadvantage in perception, you may notice that the gas has already weakened these.ghouls somewhat. Many are already bleeding from.the eyes ears and.mouth.

Perception: 20/7 +1 = 8

I shoot at the one hitting me with eldrich blast (disadvantage do to being melee)

15/9+5 = 14 ; (1d10)2+(1d6)5 + 3 = 10 damage and if I kill him I replace my 2 temp hp with 6 if not he has disadvantage to str rolls.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 07:36 AM
Nice, you kill it.

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-22, 07:53 AM
Shoot the ghoul that hit Mordecai.

15 to hit, 5 damage
20 to hit, 9 damage

(Note to self, only one bullet left. Need to reload next round!)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 07:57 AM
Shoot the ghoul that hit Mordecai.

15 to hit, 5 damage
20 to hit, 9 damage

The second shot blows the top of her head clean off. It flies over and lands at the feet of an approaching ghoul, who throws it back at you.

DM7581
2015-10-22, 08:20 AM
To Chinwe:

Hang in there, pal! We got this!

I keep swinging and make sure, if I have the option to attack any that might be engaged with or close to Chinwe.

Rapier: 11+5=16 for 7+4+3=14 damage (sneak)
Dagger: 16+5=21 for 4 damage

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 08:39 AM
To Chinwe:

Hang in there, pal! We got this!

I keep swinging and make sure, if I have the option to attack any that might be engaged with or close to Chinwe.

Rapier: 11+5=16 for 7+4+3=14 damage (sneak)
Dagger: 16+5=21 for 4 damage

Chinwe is well protected. Refer to the map I sent in.fb messenger. There are also at least two architectural features that you can use to tactical advantage.

"Worry about yourself (expletive)!" Shouts Chinwe. He takes a vial of oil and splashes it on 2 ghouls in front of Kyras and Mordecai....

Ghouls attack all of you, but you fend them all off. No one is injured.

Ghouls now occupy all adjacent squares, two squares deep. Thanks to your tight formation in a.corner, their back row can't reach you at this time.

Again! Mordecai!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-22, 10:40 AM
Mordecai takes a particular disliking to the ghoul who threw a head at him.

Using a grit point for advantage, and sharpshooter (-5 to hit for +10 damage)
To hit: 6/20 (crit!)
Damage: 16

Bonus action to reload one weapon.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 10:58 AM
You stop it dead in its tracks!

Ketiara
2015-10-22, 11:09 AM
Mordecai takes a particular disliking to the ghoul who threw a head at him.

Using a grit point for advantage, and sharpshooter (-5 to hit for +10 damage)
To hit: 6/20 (crit!)
Damage: 16

Bonus action to reload one weapon.

Haern is very impressed by Mordecai! Had a head been thrown at him he would have been disgusted!!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-23, 10:27 AM
Goooooooooo

DM7581
2015-10-23, 11:54 PM
I just keep swinging. How many are left? Do they just keep coming?

Rapier: 18+5=23, 14 damage (sneak)
Dagger: 17+5=22, 4 damage

Ketiara
2015-10-24, 09:28 AM
I take a shot at the nearest one. (Eldrich blast)
7+5=13 ; (1d10)7+(1d6)5+3 = 15 damage.

How many are coming?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 10:10 AM
Nice. You all take.out a bunch. There were about nine surrounding you, down to 5. Chinwe casts produce flame and throws it at the two that he splashed with oil the previous round. They both burst into flame and die, thrashing around and causing panic among the other three ghouls in your area, who flee back across the channel.

It seems they're afraid of fire...

Meanwhile the other group had lined up all along the edge of the 6 foot channel, giving them advantage to attack due to the elevation. They made short work of them.

Across the channel, you see more ghouls, now apprehensive about crossing when they saw the flames. They hesitate, forfeiting their turn.

The other group coordinate their moves: one throws a vial of oil across the channel into the mob, then they toss a flame into it, finally tossing magnesium into the fire. The bright flash and searing heat finally scatters the remaining ghouls, they flee like rats back into the tunnels, but linger on at the edge of shadow, watching you... You can hear them panting and growling in anger and frustration.

Elizabeth approaches you all; "not bad, but you all could have done better."

Chinwe:"We don't need your opinion, harlot!"

Feel free to interact and get a word in here. However, a few seconds later:

From deep in the north tunnel, you hear a piercing, high pitched screech. The ghouls shout and flail in fear, tearing their hair and groaning despairingly as they run off in terror.

Something is approaching that scares even the ghouls... It sounds vaguely female, and you can hear a skittering sound among her shrieking, desperate cries. She will be upon you soon from the North tunnel.

You may each take 2 actions. You can prepare for battle, kill that bitch Elizabeth, run away, or whatever makes you happy.

DM7581
2015-10-24, 11:21 AM
It seems we have a second. I say we prepare an ambush! She seems to be coming from that wall. We only have a few seconds. This thing sounds serious. Who is with me in the front?

I try to gain higher ground or some other tactical advantage as get to an ideal spot. Both weapons ready.

Hell of a shot Chinwe. I didn't think you can blast 2 of them with one flame! Everybody good?

Hide: 4+5=9

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 11:25 AM
Chinwe: " Pfff. You doubt my skills?!"

Monsters who are adjacent to each other AND who are covered in a flammable substance have a good chance of lighting each other on fire even though only one is targeted. BnD nyigguh.

You post up on the north wall, to the right of the channel, which is where she is coming from. You can refer to the map I sent on fb messenger.

You're already on higher ground. The channel is.about 6 feet deep. Think of a subway station and.you're on the platform.

Ketiara
2015-10-24, 01:38 PM
Chinwe: " Pfff. You doubt my skills?!"

Monsters who are adjacent to each other AND who are covered in a flammable substance have a good chance of lighting each other on fire even though only one is targeted. BnD nyigguh.

You post up on the north wall, to the right of the channel, which is where she is coming from. You can refer to the map I sent on fb messenger.

You're already on higher ground. The channel is.about 6 feet deep. Think of a subway station and.you're on the platform.

Haern wonders what terrible stuff live in these sewers! He almost miss being back in orderly Trozean, almost!
I hide behind the right column.

Stealth 19+4=23

If we get surprice:
12+5 = 17 ; (1d10)9 + (1d6)6 + 3 = 18

If we need another initiative:
13+2 = 15

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-24, 02:44 PM
Kid, what did I say about bein' a punkass?

Mordecai reloads his weapon and splashes tar pitch in front of the opening.

Y'all got any more of this goop? Might be good to make some kinda' wall of fire where that thing is comin' from. Hey kid, maybe ready up some more hand fire?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 02:54 PM
Very nice everyone! Particularly Haern using the map I.sent to his advantage. Hiding behind the column will give you a bonus to your already high roll.

Kyras, you'll get a slight bonus.to your hide because you're not directly in line of sight.

Mordecai, nice rp. Two things:

You're already on high ground because you're on a platform.

All of you have not only oil but tar pitch (as oil but burns longer), magnesium to flare up flames, special torches that count as simple finesse weapons so you can actually throw a vial with one action and strike w the torch as a bonus action, dealing offhand damage as a club AND igniting the target.

You all have many more useful items given to you.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 02:57 PM
Summary of damage types

Overcoming resistances

Corrosive SALTS:
-Good against creatures that have skin that is moist, mucousy, slimy, or membraneous.
-Many aquatics (especially with thin membrane like skin)
-Nearly all Oozes/amoeboids.
-Plant creatures.
-Some elementals and constructs.

ACIDS
Good against most creatures and mutants with exposed skin that isnt covered in plates or slime.
Can neutralize caustic alkalines that get on you.

Caustic Alkalines
Good against creatures with shells (insects),
Most creatures that secrete acids or enzymes.
Can neutralize acid that gets on you.

Fire and light
Many mutants are weak to fire.
Non magical fire actually seems to work better.
Some creatures with heavy fur (catches fire)
Some plant creatures.
Most photophobic (avoid sun or bright light) creatures such as ghouls, drow, and other underground or nocturnal creatures sensitive to the light from a fire, even if they are not weak to it.

We have discovered that the bright flashes that occur when throwing magnesium into flames is particularly effective. It can daze or even frighten many creatures. Magnesium is available at any alchemist shop and is reasonably priced.

Tar Pitch is readily available and sticks to creatures as it burns. Very effective on creatures covered in thick natural armor, as it gradually burns through and exposes them.

Fire is cheap and effective against many creatures, and has multiple uses.

Silver
Sometimes effective on fey, undead, demons, outsiders, and other magical creatures.

Holy Water
What we casually call holy water is just regular water. It takes a particularly special cleric and an equally holy place to create true holy water. As religion is in decline, true holy water is very rare. If you run into any, store it.

Aqua Regia
“Royal Water” is effective on almost all types of mutants, undead, outsiders, devils and demons. The more mutated a creature seems, the more effective Aqua Regia tends to be. It is found in most high quality alchemist shops in small expensive quantities.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 03:01 PM
In addition to torches, oils, tar pitch etc, you each have a nifty alchemy belt containing all of these items:

1 (one) vial each of:
-Antitoxin
-Basic Poison
-Nitric Acid (3d6)
-Dr. Peppard's Rock Blood (Choose either P, S, or B damage. Resistance to that damage for 2 rounds).

And 3 vials each of:

-Acid from PHB (Renamed "Resin Acid"). 2d6
-Caustic Alkali. 2d6 to alkaline-susceptible creatures.
-Natron 2d6. to salt susceptible creatures.

-10 sunstones (activate to use. Emit a green glow equivalent to torch. No heat.)

Ketiara
2015-10-24, 04:04 PM
In addition to torches, oils, tar pitch etc, you each have a nifty alchemy belt containing all of these items:

1 (one) vial each of:
-Antitoxin
-Basic Poison
-Nitric Acid (3d6)
-Dr. Peppard's Rock Blood (Choose either P, S, or B damage. Resistance to that damage for 2 rounds).

And 3 vials each of:

-Acid from PHB (Renamed "Resin Acid"). 2d6
-Caustic Alkali. 2d6 to alkaline-susceptible creatures.
-Natron 2d6. to salt susceptible creatures.

-10 sunstones (activate to use. Emit a green glow equivalent to torch. No heat.)

Before the stealth Haern throws two sunstones toward where the "ghouls" are hiding hoping they work as a "wall"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-24, 04:18 PM
Good thinking. You toss sun stones on the 5 foot doorway. A nice hot fire would work even better, but its the best you can do in 12 seconds. Though the ghouls seemed to have fled for good, Haern says "I'm not taking chances."

The other group gets in position:

Kyras, their other rogue, Abner, gets across the channel and hides along the opposite wall, just like you.

Cormac takes out a battle axe and shield and stands right in plain view, on the ledge of the platform, and starts banging on his shield and singing a dwarven war chant.

Elizabeth gets a.ways behind him, preparing her weapons.

Lawrence the mage is behind her, near Haern but not hiding.

Ill leave you in.suspense as.to what's coMing...

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-25, 08:40 AM
Out of the north tunnel a tall, gangly shape steps just within shadow. Chinwe points the bullseye lamp. Its tight circle of bright light reveals a pitiful humanoid shape that was once a woman.

Her bones have thickened and elongated in places, and have become limbs. Her ribs have gone through her skin and lengthened into ten foot long appendages which she now walks on, her body is suspended upon them horizontally, like a spider or crab. Her original legs dangle uselessly behind her.

Bony armor has grown all around her. Near her collarbones bony scythes have grown above her, with wickedly sharp edges. Her fingers have grown long and thin, much like the bones of bat wings. They end in sharp daggers.

Scraggly black hair hangs from her pale face. Still dangling around her neck is the gold pendant she wore in normal life, stamped with the word MOMMY.

The cruelty, shock, and incomprehensibility of what you're seeing strains at your psyche. You all failed your sanity saves (Rolled a 6,6,3. Sorry!) And are now 1/5 Hysteria. Write it down cause ill forget. Refer to the char creation sheet on ways to lower hysteria score. With a score of 1 you're fine, you just feel very stressed and a little shocky.

Her tongue hangs limply from her lips, dripping saliva. Where the saliva lands on the ground, it sizzles.

"Acid! Watch out!" shouts Cormac.

"Kill her quick!" Says Elizabeth. "You'll be doing her a favor."

Surprise round:
Kyras
Mordecai (ambuscade)
Haern

Do your action and roll initiative. I got Haerrns already.

Ketiara
2015-10-25, 09:51 AM
You also got my suprice attack.
Ill post my action when i know where I am on the initiative list.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-25, 10:22 AM
Haern wonders what terrible stuff live in these sewers! He almost miss being back in orderly Trozean, almost!
I hide behind the right column.

Stealth 19+4=23

If we get surprice:
12+5 = 17 ; (1d10)9 + (1d6)6 + 3 = 18

If we need another initiative:
13+2 = 15

That's fine. Your attack hits. Was that eldritch blast?

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-25, 01:02 PM
Initiative: 11
Surprise round: first attack has sniper effect
Shot 1: 18 to hit. 17 damage
Shot 2: 11 to hit. 4 damage

Ambuscade: I throw a vial of Alkali.

14 to hit (no modifiers added) 7 damage

Kid! Light this thing up!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-25, 01:14 PM
Nice job so far.

A ten or more in one of those rolls reveals that this creature is an aberration

You perceive that your ordinary attacks aren't doing as much damage as it should.

However, Mordecais vial of Alkali seems to quickly erode "Mommy's" bony armor plates.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-25, 01:19 PM
Initiative: 11
Surprise round: first attack has sniper effect
Shot 1: 18 to hit. 17 damage
Shot 2: 11 to hit. 4 damage

Ambuscade: I throw a vial of Alkali.

14 to hit (no modifiers added) 7 damage

Kid! Light this thing up!

Chinwe says, "Right!" and throws a vial of tar pitch at the creature (A hit). "Someone throw fire!"

The tar pitch will still need to be ignited.

This leaves Kyras, acting last in the surprise round to keep things moving. Kyras your initiative roll will count apply after the surprise.

Mordecai, you mean sniper the feat or sniper the class ability? The class ability belongs to marksman gunslingers only, unless I'm mistaken. You're a desperado.

Ketiara
2015-10-25, 01:35 PM
Nice job so far.

A ten or more in one of those rolls reveals that this creature is an aberration

You perceive that your ordinary attacks aren't doing as much damage as it should.

However, Mordecais vial of Alkali seems to quickly erode "Mommy's" bony armor plates.

So my eldrich blast force damage and necrotic damage from my hex is reduced?

At Chinwe's request I use prestidigitation to ignite the tar-pitch. And then I hide behind the pillar again
Stealth 5+5=10

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-25, 01:44 PM
You can.Def use prestidigitatiOn to light the flame but.didn't you already act.this.turn? We are still on the surprise round technically. Waiting.for Kyras

Ketiara
2015-10-25, 01:48 PM
You can.Def use prestidigitatiOn to light the flame but.didn't you already act.this.turn? We are still on the surprise round technically. Waiting.for Kyras

Yea i know we are still in surprice, but when initiative 15 is up, that will be my action :D

DM7581
2015-10-25, 10:54 PM
Initiative: 2+3=5

I'll make sure that someone is within 5 feet before engaging so that I get my sneak attacks in.

Rapier: 10+5=15, 18 damage

What the...

Kyras stabs into it (whether a hit is landed or not), looks upon the creature and shudders. They lock eyes and Kyras pulls out his blade and slowly stumbles back in fear seemingly mumbling incoherently if just for a moment, as if trying to regain his poise.

Bonus action to Disengage away from that thing!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 06:48 AM
Kyras where do you go when you disengage? Don't be a vague rper!

That was surprise round. Were now back to Haern, who flicks his fingers and ignites the sticky black tar pitch on the creature. It burns vigorously but creates thick black smoke, which can be both good and bad.

Next, Mordecai.

Initiative:

Haern
Mordecai
Kyras
Chinwe
"Mommy"

Remember all your attacks have advantage due to elevation.

The other.group Ill handle descriptively as it would be too much.for me to keep track of nine characters rolling.

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 06:51 AM
Kyras where do you go when you disengage? Don't be a vague rper!

That was surprise round. Were now back to Haern, who flicks his fingers and ignites the sticky black tar pitch on the creature. It burns vigorously but creates thick black smoke, which can be both good and bad.

Next, Mordecai.

Initiative:

Haern
Mordecai
Kyras
Chinwe
"Mommy"

The other.group Ill handle descriptively as it would be too much.for me to keep track of nine characters rolling.

remember I move behind the column again and tries to stealth =10 as written previously.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 06:53 AM
OK. You can so stealth as part of a move in 5e right?

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 07:01 AM
OK. You can so stealth as part of a move in 5e right?

no, I forgot!!! Its rogues that can use a bonus action or something... Ill just move behind it and hope it forgets all about me!
I guess gas mask help against the developing smoke

DM7581
2015-10-26, 07:17 AM
Hiding is an action.

So I Disengage behind axe-dude and await my turn to hit and run again.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 07:19 AM
So Haern no stealth but you are in total cover

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-26, 08:47 AM
Mordecai keeps plugging away at this "Mommy" thing.

First shot: 7 to hit, 8 damage. Using one superiority die to turn my 7 into a 13 with precision attack.
Second shot: 20 (crit) to hit! 13 damage.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 09:40 AM
Mordecai keeps plugging away at this "Mommy" thing.

First shot: 7 to hit, 8 damage. Using one superiority die to turn my 7 into a 13 with precision attack.
Second shot: 20 (crit) to hit! 13 damage.

Though your shots are well placed, you notice they just lodge in her thick bony plates, not doing much damage.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 10:09 AM
no, I forgot!!! Its rogues that can use a bonus action or something... Ill just move behind it and hope it forgets all about me!
I guess gas mask help against the developing smoke

Yes the gas mask is protecting you from any smoke.inhalation.and also your eyes.

Gas masks.are also useful.when.battling contagious creatures, such as ghouls, to prevent transmission of body fluids or.inhaled disease. The drawback.is.disadvantage to perception and.investigation

Kyras is up!

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 03:10 PM
Hiding behind the pillar having time to think for the first time after seeing this monster, Haern feel panic lurking at the pit of his stomach.
Never could his imagination dream up a monster like this, and now she seem impervious to everything we throw at it.
Haern feel like choking - the air vent in the mask hampering his breathing - causing oxygen deficiency. Fighting back the urge to pull off his mask in hopes of fresh air, but knowing there no fresh air to be found!

So it has damage reduction to bullets, and daggers, but also magic resistance? (force/necrotic)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 03:22 PM
Hiding behind the pillar having time to think for the first time after seeing this monster, Haern feel panic lurking at the pit of his stomach.
Never could his imagination dream up a monster like this, and now she seem impervious to everything we throw at it.
Haern feel like choking - the air vent in the mask hampering his breathing - causing oxygen deficiency. Fighting back the urge to pull off his mask in hopes of fresh air, but knowing there no fresh air to be found!

Very nice!

[SPOILER=Damage reduction]So it has damage reduction to bullets, and daggers, but also magic resistance? (force/necrotic)

Yes, it appears so. At least to the damage type done by these spells.

Fire and alkali seemed to work well. Many acid secreting creatures will be.vulnerable to alkali. There will be.hints in the way I.describe unusual creatures as to.their vulnerabilities.

You can.also make checks.to type creatures if you're unsure. Mommy is a full blown aberration. Ranger favored enemy or protection from evil would have applied here, for example.

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 03:27 PM
Yes, it appears so. At least to the damage type done by these spells.

Fire and alkali seemed to work well. Many acid secreting creatures will be.vulnerable to alkali. There will be.hints in the way I.describe unusual creatures as to.their vulnerabilities.

You can.also make checks.to type creatures if you're unsure. Mommy is a full blown aberration. Ranger favored enemy or protection from evil would have applied here, for example.

yea I know, but I didnt select protection, how would it guard against these insanity effects? it has a frighten/charm/possess protection effect aswell.
And I only have one alkali and want to save it if we get the acid on us, you said the alkali could be used to neutralize it.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 03:32 PM
yea I know, but I didnt select it. And I only have one alkali and want to save it if we get the acid on us, you said the alkali could be used to neutralize it.

You should have at least three.alkali. check the post on the alchemy pack

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 05:07 PM
You should have at least three.alkali. check the post on the alchemy pack

yea I see now, thanks for reminding me. I need to update my sheet, could have sworn that when we were handed gear by the academy, there were only one of each of those potions.

DM7581
2015-10-26, 06:43 PM
Kyras was likely not paying too much attention when the whole discussion on what attacks affects what type of creatures the most.

Any idea if any of these acids, salts, or whatever we have will have a better chance of hurting this thing?!

Ketiara
2015-10-26, 06:53 PM
Kyras was likely not paying too much attention when the whole discussion on what attacks affects what type of creatures the most.

Any idea if any of these acids, salts, or whatever we have will have a better chance of hurting this thing?!

Haern waking from his panic the goal of guiding someone to further their quest is enough to break him out a selfpity/panic he was about to enter into...

K! fuel the fire!!!! or burn him with base! (alkali = we call it base in dk) Whatever you do, dont let the fire burn out!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 06:57 PM

Clearly you have been skimming through the last 75 posts. Its OK, I do it in.your sessions too ;)

It was.already discovered that alkali and.fire harm.this creature. Like Haern.said.

You have several.items that can.do that already.

DM7581
2015-10-26, 09:12 PM
Clearly you have been skimming through the last 75 posts. Its OK, I do it in.your sessions too ;)

It was.already discovered that alkali and.fire harm.this creature. Like Haern.said.

You have several.items that can.do that already.

I know, but no one actually said it aloud. Just role playing here, gosh!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 09:16 PM
I know, but no one actually said it aloud. Just role playing here, gosh!

True, true.... How could I ever have doubted you, Rob?! Altthough the perception.roll.spoiler was.for everyone.

Speak up.folks!

DM7581
2015-10-26, 09:16 PM
That's why I describe in regular script and speak in italics, so everyone knows what I say and what I do/think.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-26, 09:17 PM
That's why I describe in regular script and speak in italics, so everyone knows what I say and what I do/think.

Ahhh. Noted.

DM7581
2015-10-27, 11:09 AM
I'll go with the resin acid, chucking it at range.

Hopefully this does a bit better!

Resin Acid: 13+3=15, 5 acid damage

DM7581
2015-10-27, 11:10 AM
I kind of feel that sneak attack will still result in more damage.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 03:10 PM
I'll go with the resin acid, caustic alkalichucking it at range.

Hopefully this does a bit better!

caustic alkali: 13+3=15, 5 alkaline.damage

I edited your action to help you out. Its a lot.of.info.and I know you're busy lately.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 03:12 PM
I kind of feel that sneak attack will still result in more damage.

It.might, if you roll well. But alchemical weapons.will scale.with level.

You notice caustic alkali really dissolving those bony plates (x2 dmg)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 03:45 PM
Chinwe throws caustic alkali at mommy for 18 dmg.

Mommy wails loudly in pain and agony. Kyras and Chinwe are now frightened. Mordecai and Haern made their save. Everyone in the other group made their save except, ironically, the tank Cormac...the one you would think least likely to be fearful.

Mommy then projectile vomits acid in a cone, covering Kyras, Chinwe, Cormac, Elizabeth and Lawrence.

Kyras and Chinwe make their save, taking half damage (5). Haern and Mord were behind cover.

The acid will burn for another d4+1 next round, however, it can be neutralized by applying base (alkali).

Elizabeth ***** a rifle like device of her own design (Engineer class) and it spews a small fireball, striking mommy for 12+5 =17 damage.

Lawrence casts fire bolt for 7+ 5 from tar pitch=12

Cormac strikes with a battleaxe in a menacing and loud fashion, trying to keep mommy's attention on him. However, due to disadvantage from frightened, he missed. He admirably holds his ground, however.

Abner sneak attacks with a hardened torch (hardened torches are well crafted and balanced and allow for finesse). Hitting for 3+1(fire) +5 (fire bonus from tar pitch)+3 (dex), +5(s.a) 17 dmg. However, resistance to the sneak attack and bludgeon damage from torch brings the total down to 12.

Kyras, you're on high ground which cancels out the disadvantage from frightened to hit. However, you still can't move closer to her.

Remember "Oil" from phb increases fire damage taken by 5.

Tar pitch does the same, but over 2 rounds.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 03:50 PM
I think Haern or Mordecai is.next

Ketiara
2015-10-27, 04:07 PM
Chinwe throws caustic alkali at mommy for 18 dmg.

Mommy wails loudly in pain and agony. Kyras and Chinwe are now frightened. Mordecai and Haern made their save. Everyone in the other group made their save except, ironically, the tank Cormac...the one you would think least likely to be fearful.

Mommy then projectile vomits acid in a cone, covering Kyras, Chinwe, Cormac, Elizabeth and Lawrence.

Kyras and Chinwe make their save, taking half damage (5). Haern and Mord were behind cover.

The acid will burn for another d4+1 next round, however, it can be neutralized by applying base (alkali).

Elizabeth ***** a rifle like device of her own design (Engineer class) and it spews a small fireball, striking mommy for 12+5 =17 damage.

Lawrence casts fire bolt for 7+ 5 from tar pitch=12

Cormac strikes with a battleaxe in a menacing and loud fashion, trying to keep mommy's attention on him. However, due to disadvantage from frightened, he missed. He admirably holds his ground, however.

Abner sneak attacks with a hardened torch (hardened torches are well crafted and balanced and allow for finesse). Hitting for 3+1(fire) +5 (fire bonus from tar pitch)+3 (dex), +5(s.a) 17 dmg. However, resistance to the sneak attack and bludgeon damage from torch brings the total down to 12.

Kyras, you're on high ground which cancels out the disadvantage from frightened to hit. However, you still can't move closer to her.

Remember "Oil" from phb increases fire damage taken by 5.

Tar pitch does the same, but over 2 rounds.

How long till the applied tar pitch has burned out? one round left? or does it run out after my turn?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 04:09 PM
2 rounds. if it was put on in the surprise round (I don't recall) then it should still.work

Ketiara
2015-10-27, 04:15 PM
2 rounds. if it was put on in the surprise round (I don't recall) then it should still.work

It was applied by chinwe I believe, and I lit it on fire at first initiative.

Haern tries to make himself as tiny as possible hiding behind the pillar while acid sprays all around him!

When the acid disappear he look out
And just to be on the safe side Haern tosses more tar pitch on the scary monster, as it seems less scary when it's wringing in pain.

12+5 =17 to see if I hit.

And then I hide behind the pillar again!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-27, 04:17 PM
Cool. Tar pitch splashes and sticks on.

Mord!

Doctor-Dash
2015-10-27, 07:57 PM
Mordecai ducks behind cover as acid splashes his cover. Hearing the sizzle, he shouts through his gas mask **** this chemical warfare noise, and **** this ugly spider bitch!

Both shots with sharpshooter.
Revolver 1: 19. Damage: 18
Revolver 2: 6 (with precise shot: 12) damage: 15

DM7581
2015-10-27, 11:12 PM
I should no longer be on high ground because I disengaged behind our resident bruiser.

DM7581
2015-10-27, 11:15 PM
On my next action I'll apply base to neutralize the acid and move further away from the creature. I am frightened after all. Hide behind a distant pillar as a bonus action, soiling myself as tears run down my cheek.

DM7581
2015-10-27, 11:16 PM
Oh, and sniveling with a snotty, runny nose. Gotta have the snotty, runny nose.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 04:56 AM
Such a drama queen. Luckily the gasmask hides your emotional breakdown so you dont embarrass yourself. Youre still on high ground as you're on a broad platform. You're all on high ground.

Taking.cover behind a busy column now. Haern and Mordecai are also there. "Hey! Get your own column!" You jostle each other for space. "Who just took a ****?!"

Make a wisdom save dc 10 to see.if you shake.off the fear.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 11:31 AM
Chinwe casts produce flame, which ignites further with the tar pitch for 12 dmg.

Mommy steps up onto the platform, negating everyone's high ground bonus. She towers menacingly, almost reaching the ceiling.

With her scythe shaped calcified blades poised overhead, she viciously brings them down on Cormac who takes 12 damage.

Cormac shakes off the fear effect and counter attacks for 6.

Lawrence skillfully casts a nasty scorching ray, all 3 hit for 35 damage (+5 damage from each ray due to tar pitch... Ouch!*) "Ha! That should take care of her." He says with a smug smile, which quickly dissapears...

Amazingly, Mommy is still up and has plenty of fight left in her. She's standing up on the north end of the platform, with her back to the wall.

Abner says "****!" And is now out of melee range because he was.on the other side of the tracks. He tosses a vial of Alkali for 12 dmg.

That's an extra 15 damage with 3 scorching rays. Kind of op... Any suggestions?

Haern is up!

Ketiara
2015-10-28, 01:32 PM
Chinwe casts produce flame, which ignites further with the tar pitch for 12 dmg.

Mommy steps up onto the platform, negating everyone's high ground bonus. She towers menacingly, almost reaching the ceiling.

With her scythe shaped calcified blades poised overhead, she viciously brings them down on Cormac who takes 12 damage.

Cormac shakes off the fear effect and counter attacks for 6.

Lawrence skillfully casts a nasty scorching ray, all 3 hit for 35 damage (+5 damage from each ray due to tar pitch... Ouch!*) "Ha! That should take care of her." He says with a smug smile, which quickly dissapears...

Amazingly, Mommy is still up and has plenty of fight left in her. She's standing up on the north end of the platform, with her back to the wall.

Abner says "****!" And is now out of melee range because he was.on the other side of the tracks. He tosses a vial of Alkali for 12 dmg.

That's an extra 15 damage with 3 scorching rays. Kind of op... Any suggestions?

Haern is up!

I dont think its op, i sacrifice my damage to buff someone with fire capabilities... So I'm taking credit for every +5 fire dam the tarpitch deals... :)

Haern feeling more confident by the second, runs back behind the south column the one furthest away from MOMMY and not at all crowded one.
And on my way back there I eldrich blast.
High ground is advantage!
12/1 +5 = 17 ; (1d10)7 + (1d6)3 +3 = 13 dam.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 01:36 PM
I dont think its op, i sacrifice my damage to buff someone with fire capabilities... So I'm taking credit for every +5 fire dam the tarpitch deals... :)

Haern feeling more confident by the second, runs back behind the south column the one furthest away from MOMMY and not at all crowded one.
And on my way back there I eldrich blast.
High ground is advantage!
12/1 +5 = 17 ; (1d10)7 + (1d6)3 +3 = 13 dam.

Hehe. You're on even ground so.no more advantage, but your attack hits nonetheless,

Ketiara
2015-10-28, 02:00 PM
Hehe. You're on even ground so.no more advantage, but your attack hits nonetheless,

but I get to hide behind the south column right?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Ketiara;20007201]but I get to hide behind the south column right?

Sure.

Ketiara
2015-10-28, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Ketiara;20007201]but I get to hide behind the south column right?

Sure.

If I can (as I move back) make a perception check or insight check or something to get an idea how well she faring. Is she comming apart or looking seriously hurt.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dr_Nimm;20007205]

If I can (as I move back) make a perception check or insight check or something to get an idea how well she faring. Is she comming apart or looking seriously hurt.

Perception w disadvantage or medicine (also w disadvantage for the same reasons).

Ketiara
2015-10-28, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ketiara;20007251]

Perception w disadvantage

perception 9/10 +1 = 10

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 02:22 PM
With perception 10 You guess she is between 25 and 50%

DM7581
2015-10-28, 04:41 PM
How is there a +5 damage bonus for Scorching Ray? I missed the how. Remember though that each ray requires a separate attack roll, so it depends on your perception. The rulings for spells that get damage bonuses (like Int or Cha to damage) only add it once per spell, not per ray/line/missile. Maybe just +5 one time would be better.

Good thing no one hears or sees me cowering. I try to muster some courage.

Wisdom Save with a Hero Point: 17+6+0=23

Probably didn't need the Hero Point. Oh well.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-28, 04:46 PM
How is there a +5 damage bonus for Scorching Ray? I missed the how. Remember though that each ray requires a separate attack roll, so it depends on your perception. The rulings for spells that get damage bonuses (like Int or Cha to damage) only add it once per spell, not per ray/line/missile. Maybe just +5 one time would be better.

Dude it was like DC 10. I refund you the hero point.

The.+5 is from.Tar Pitch, a new item I'm trying out. It acts just like "Oil" from phb, increasing fire damage taken by 5, except that its tarry and sticky therefore lasts 2 rounds.

Lawrence made all 3 attacks with scorching ray, so I applied the +5 to each ray, which I think is OP, so we need to consider tweaking how tar pitch works.

Ketiara
2015-10-28, 04:48 PM

because Mommy is on fire with the tarpitch burning on her 2 rounds pr application, every time she takes fire damage, she takes an extra 5 pr.

ninjaed!

I dont think its OP, its actually a way for us to work together, as I said, I spend an action, one that would have given me 12 dam on average, of course if we all have scorching ray, its alters stuff, but we dont!