PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] A realization about Nale

Adeptus
2007-05-22, 05:19 PM
Reading past strips I got to #351 and realized something. Nale doesn't look like, or match Elan anymore! (bear with me here)

Of course this is obvious, but I hadn't realized what it will (propably) mean. Nale, after his humiliating defeat, will propably be plotting a some way to regain the upper hand.

So... I'm pretty sure Nale will be taking a presige class, with a costume that resembles Elan's new costume but is it's evil opposite.

I'm not a D&D gamer, so I don't know much about prestige classes. Does somebody care to make an educated guess? Of course it may turn out that Nale will also find a nonstandard class to branch into, like Elan did.

My first spoiler... :smallsmile:

Rugueux DeVere
2007-05-22, 05:24 PM
The UN-Dashing Swordsman? :smalltongue: I'm guessing that Nale will probably get a non-standard PrC if he gets any. Although it does make alot of sense... Good first spoiler! Well done.

HomerHT
2007-05-22, 05:31 PM
I've always liked to think that he's going to enter the Evil Mastermind PrC. Bonus to evil monologue checks :smallamused:

skyclad
2007-05-22, 05:37 PM
Seems pretty likely now that you mention it. Maybe it's a really wierd and strong one that has prereqs of all his previous classes.

Cade Shadow
2007-05-22, 05:57 PM
The Dashing Archerman.... or better yet Evil Mastermind scheme rip-off...-er.

EvilElitest
2007-05-22, 06:24 PM
The UN-Dashing Swordsman? :smalltongue: I'm guessing that Nale will probably get a non-standard PrC if he gets any. Although it does make alot of sense... Good first spoiler! Well done.

Treacherous swordsmen
from,
EE

holywhippet
2007-05-22, 06:42 PM
All 3.5 edition classes are here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm

Dashing swordsman is not amongst them though.

ambartanen
2007-05-22, 06:46 PM
All 3.5 edition classes are here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm

Dashing swordsman is not amongst them though.

Uhm, those are just the classes and PrC from the three basic books, they are just a tiny fraction of all available classes. That said Dashing swordsman is not one that actually exists as far as I am aware.

Cade Shadow
2007-05-22, 06:54 PM
Uhm, those are just the classes and PrC from the three basic books, they are just a tiny fraction of all available classes. That said Dashing swordsman is not one that actually exists as far as I am aware.

It doesn't.... Rich does write for Wizards though..... He must write it in!

delguidance
2007-05-22, 07:26 PM
If Nale picks up a prestige class maybe it'd be Super genius.

the mysterian
2007-05-22, 07:31 PM
looking at elans weapon and get up.....i say pirate :P

Ellisar
2007-05-22, 07:36 PM
Well... how about blackguard? It is sort of evil mastermindy, and he does have the 'friendly' contact with an outsider sorted out. Hell, Im sure that Sabine will demand his sould if she learns that he meets the prereqs for that class at an instant.

Zhrec
2007-05-22, 07:46 PM
I don't know what kind of class he can use, maybe shadowdancer... However is not such thing as shadows in stick comic.

Belkar Rocks
2007-05-22, 08:55 PM
If Nale picks up a prestige class maybe it'd be Super genius.Hmmm.

:thog: What we do tonight?
:nale: The same thing we do every night, Thog ...

Gavin Sage
2007-05-22, 09:39 PM
I'll be the downer and say that maybe they've decided to give the evil opposite line a rest. I mean the Linear Guild II was stretching it as it was. Let's leave it at evil twin and call it a day.

(I'm also trying to remember if there is a restriction to the classes you can take even if one is prestige, as Nale is already triple-classed as it is)

kpenguin
2007-05-22, 09:56 PM
I'll be the downer and say that maybe they've decided to give the evil opposite line a rest. I mean the Linear Guild II was stretching it as it was. Let's leave it at evil twin and call it a day.

(I'm also trying to remember if there is a restriction to the classes you can take even if one is prestige, as Nale is already triple-classed as it is)

There isn't. I think that certain D&D video games restrict it to three or four, however.

Gavin Sage
2007-05-22, 10:02 PM
Yeah I'm remembering Neverwinter Nights for that.

Now that I think about it Elminster is listed in the FR Setting as having Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Archmage, and Epic levels. Course I have major issues with how they list book characters in the rules for that setting anyways.

Vuzzmop
2007-05-22, 10:06 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Gavin on this, the evil opposite thing is getting old. Let's just call it a day until the next Linear Guild arc.

The Wanderer
2007-05-22, 10:55 PM
The CHARMing psychopath? :smallwink:

chibibar
2007-05-22, 11:09 PM
Maybe he can be the "classic villain" style with a stove top hat and curly mustache.

Icewalker
2007-05-23, 12:26 AM
It could work where he takes a more traditional PrC as it is opposite to the totally made up Dashing Swordsman. I'd guess he gets his own though, that'd be cooler.

factotum
2007-05-23, 01:15 AM
Now that I think about it Elminster is listed in the FR Setting as having Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Archmage, and Epic levels.

Well, one of the benefits of being immortal is that you can accrue enough experience to have that many classes at epic level without worrying about the crushing experience penalties...unfortunately, Nale doesn't have the same option. :smallbiggrin:

Setra
2007-05-23, 02:08 AM
Maybe he could just take the Mean Old Cranky Pants Prestige Class.

Driderman
2007-05-23, 02:50 AM
Now that I think about it Elminster is listed in the FR Setting as having Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Archmage, and Epic levels. Course I have major issues with how they list book characters in the rules for that setting anyways.

Yeah, and Drizz't, Elven Ranger is actually more like Drizz't, Elven Fighter. Goddamn twink only took ranger classes for the dualwielding.

I also support the fact that 'enough is enough'. If Nale mirrored Elans choice of PrC with an evil opposite, if feel that that perhaps would be taking the joke a bit too far. Then again, maybe not and it's not my comic anyway

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-23, 02:57 AM
Maybe he'll just have a few levels in several prestige classes in order to have the same mix he had to emulate the bard class?

vbushido
2007-05-23, 02:59 AM
Hmmmm.... fighter/rogue/sorcerer might make him eligible for Arcane Trickster... :smalleek: I did not just say that!

-----
You can tell a real programmer by the keyboard dents in their foreheads

Bogardan_Mage
2007-05-23, 03:21 AM
Hmmmm.... fighter/rogue/sorcerer might make him eligible for Arcane Trickster... :smalleek: I did not just say that!
Don't worry. Nale is Lawful Evil, which bars him from the prestige class.

Ashbless
2007-05-23, 08:51 AM
Don't worry. Nale is Lawful Evil, which bars him from the prestige class.

Is there a 'Diabolical Mastermind' class? I think that is where Nale would like to see himself...

Gavin Sage
2007-05-23, 09:12 AM
Yeah, and Drizz't, Elven Ranger is actually more like Drizz't, Elven Fighter. Goddamn twink only took ranger classes for the dualwielding.

I understand their logic somewhat, but c'mon you can't qualify the Hunter as one level of barbarian. Better to not put it in at all as if you've pissed off Drizzt that much he's having too big a role in you campaign as it is. A non-casting variant 16th level ranger would have made everyone much happier. Count Guen as his animal companion and its done. Its not like what he did in the Underdark wasn't ranger work.

I also support the fact that 'enough is enough'. If Nale mirrored Elans choice of PrC with an evil opposite, if feel that that perhaps would be taking the joke a bit too far. Then again, maybe not and it's not my comic anyway

While it is possible in theory, I feel that Nale prestiging wouldn't allow for much character development. Same old, same old. And I mean "Evil Mastermind" just plain sounds redundant for Nale. He should be left as is only leveled up some.

Gnome_Paladin
2007-05-23, 09:21 AM
nale meets xykon..

gets freed becomes a blackgaurd

the end

factotum
2007-05-23, 10:36 AM
Er...what? Nale isn't Good to start with, he's been associating with an evil outsider (Sabine) since we met him, and in any case has presumably met Xykon before because he was HIRED by him to get rid of the OotS back in Dorukan's Dungeon! Why he should suddenly change class when he meets Xykon again is beyond me.

Ladorak
2007-05-23, 11:04 AM
Well last time he was confident in his impeding victory. Now he's just had his ass handed to him by Elan.

I don't think he'll go Blackguard, but I expect there may be some prestiging.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-23, 02:37 PM
Maybe Nale'll take levels in soulknife to avoid being stuck with a dagger again?

Morty
2007-05-23, 03:52 PM
Nale taking levels in Soulknife will sure reach whole new level of being unoptimized.